AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 05:34   Link #1021
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I forget, what bases does CB have left?
Well,they had L3 in S2,but I think that was the base thats was destroyed in S2-11.They had at least a base in L5 after that.

Other than that,I remember them mentioning 00F that the UN discovered [Or Feresht assumed they discovered] all the supply points.I wonder if that includes the bases?

Of course,they dont know the location of L3 at least since they needed Anew to find it.
Old 2009-08-03, 06:00   Link #1022
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I'm surprised people didn't ragequit over the GNHW/3G. People are afraid of Fukudian Giant Backpacks these days.
Maybe because the Sems are designed to detach and do their own thing rather than the principle of using backpacks to enhance a mech's abilities (a la 0-Raiser)?
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:02   Link #1023
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Also, the SEM's themselves look quite nice, and actually serve a purpose in combat instead of just being large. Also, many of the large backpacks in 00 are detachable, hence they're optional rather than an innate part of the design.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:10   Link #1024
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think the SEM system is a pretty nifty idea. Shame it couldn't be used. Instead Seravee gets two extra cannons and pointless boxes.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 06:34   Link #1025
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
I think the SEM system is a pretty nifty idea. Shame it couldn't be used. Instead Seravee gets two extra cannons and pointless boxes.
I wont call them pointless though,I've heard they help strengthened the GN-Field.

At the very least,they could be Condensers and those are always useful.And it helps the Virtue nostalgia a little bit.

Some designs are meant for animation while some are meant to be enjoyed frok different angles....in a still magazine that we wait every month for.....and of course the occasional rage over "Bandai better give a good story explanation on why this wasnt used".

Speaking of "Bandai better give a good story explanation on why this wasnt used",I'm looking forward to the XN-Raiser's because the very bright and shiny boxart looks too awesome.........
Old 2009-08-03, 06:56   Link #1026
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yes, those boxes on the Seravee GNHW/B are GN Field enhancers, which operate similar to the Virtue's GN Field emitters (the model kit images we have of it show that they open up in a similar manner).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-08-03, 07:25   Link #1027
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I wont call them pointless though,I've heard they help strengthened the GN-Field.At the very least,they could be Condensers and those are always useful.And it helps the Virtue nostalgia a little bit.

Some designs are meant for animation while some are meant to be enjoyed frok different angles....in a still magazine that we wait every month for.....and of course the occasional rage over "Bandai better give a good story explanation on why this wasnt used".

Speaking of "Bandai better give a good story explanation on why this wasnt used",I'm looking forward to the XN-Raiser's because the very bright and shiny boxart looks too awesome.........
That's why I find them pointless. Seravee can already enhance its GN Field, as shown in episode 1.
Old 2009-08-03, 07:41   Link #1028
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Who says you can't enhance it some more? The GNHW add-ons were designed for heavy combat situations beyond the norm of which traditionally engage in, where Face Burst Mode may not have been enough in that case.

Old 2009-08-03, 09:13   Link #1029
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Are Sem's really necessary? Wouldn't it make for sense to launch them as separate units onto a battle field, than to have Seravee turn into an even MORE giant MORE bulky version of itself?

I mean it can probably pull the surprise factor of "WHAT 4 UNITS INSTEAD OF 1!?", but that'll only work once.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 09:16   Link #1030
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Given that the SEM's don't have their own GN Drives, it'd make sense that until they're needed they'll stay connected to the Seraphim's GN Drive to collect GN Particles. It's pretty much the same operational procedure performed by the GN Archer - while it's possible for it to deploy autonomously, it still needs to dock with the Arios to recharge and replenish, and it's usually attached to the Arios when it launches.

Old 2009-08-03, 09:19   Link #1031
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Given that the SEM's don't have their own GN Drives, it'd make sense that until they're needed they'll stay connected to the Seraphim's GN Drive to collect GN Particles. It's pretty much the same operational procedure performed by the GN Archer - while it's possible for it to deploy autonomously, it still needs to dock with the Arios to recharge and replenish, and it's usually attached to the Arios when it launches.
That's a good explanation.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 13:31   Link #1032
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
That's why I find them pointless. Seravee can already enhance its GN Field, as shown in episode 1.
Pretty much what LoweGear said,while Seravee can enchance it's GN-Field on its own and its GN-Field has never really been seen to have been penetrated by a beam as I recall,but it does help to enchance it since its a special setup.

Who knows when what situation you're going to need the strongest GN-Field you can master ever......perhaps if you're under fire from a capital ship cannon [The setup is for heavy warfare and Seravee isnt exactly Sonic The Hedgehog] or something like when a Raiser Sword-like attack comes your way........... just look at at Empruss. [Okay that was a ridiculous over the top example that would not work even in the show,but you get the picture I'm trying to paint]

And as I've said,at the very least they could serve as extra Condensers...and those are always useful.It's not like Cherudim could use all four of its handguns at once anyways.Redundancy goes out of the window in heavy warfare,just look at Jagged Arche.......

Except for 00-Raiser because the animators were too lazy to draw the GN-Sword II at the waist at all.

By the way,can someone remind me on whether Virtue's GN Cannons double as GN-Field emitters as well?
Old 2009-08-03, 14:41   Link #1033
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think the reason why the 00-Raiser was deployed with only the GN-Sword III is for the same reason the Exia R2 no longer equipped a GN-Long Blade and GN-Short Blade. The condenser material blade of the GN-Sword III and GN-Sword Kai have far superior cutting power to the GN-Sword IIs and the GN-Long and Short Blades, thus making the extra equipment redundant.

As for Virtue's cannons, they do.
Old 2009-08-03, 15:02   Link #1034
FullFrontal

i just saw gundam 0080 the side story not what i was expecting but a cool little story
Old 2009-08-03, 15:04   Link #1035
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah... wrong thread for talking about Gundam 0080.
Old 2009-08-03, 20:19   Link #1036
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Pretty much what LoweGear said,while Seravee can enchance it's GN-Field on its own and its GN-Field has never really been seen to have been penetrated by a beam as I recall,but it does help to enchance it since its a special setup.

Who knows when what situation you're going to need the strongest GN-Field you can master ever......perhaps if you're under fire from a capital ship cannon [The setup is for heavy warfare and Seravee isnt exactly Sonic The Hedgehog] or something like when a Raiser Sword-like attack comes your way........... just look at at Empruss. [Okay that was a ridiculous over the top example that would not work even in the show,but you get the picture I'm trying to paint]

And as I've said,at the very least they could serve as extra Condensers...and those are always useful.It's not like Cherudim could use all four of its handguns at once anyways.Redundancy goes out of the window in heavy warfare,just look at Jagged Arche.......

Except for 00-Raiser because the animators were too lazy to draw the GN-Sword II at the waist at all.

By the way,can someone remind me on whether Virtue's GN Cannons double as GN-Field emitters as well?
But my point is that, when Seravee was fighting the Regnant, it took a direct shot from its beam. The GN Field didn't seem to show signs of faltering. I figure if it can take on the the Regnants beam, it shouldn't need anymore enhancements.
Old 2009-08-03, 21:43   Link #1037
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think the reason why the 00-Raiser was deployed with only the GN-Sword III is for the same reason the Exia R2 no longer equipped a GN-Long Blade and GN-Short Blade. The condenser material blade of the GN-Sword III and GN-Sword Kai have far superior cutting power to the GN-Sword IIs and the GN-Long and Short Blades, thus making the extra equipment redundant.

As for Virtue's cannons, they do.
I got that,my 00-Raiser exception statement was referring to a statement in the post where I said "redundancy goes out the window" for heavy weapons configuartion,00 se4ems to be the exception [Okay,maybe Arios too].

Quote:
But my point is that, when Seravee was fighting the Regnant, it took a direct shot from its beam. The GN Field didn't seem to show signs of faltering. I figure if it can take on the the Regnants beam, it shouldn't need anymore enhancements.
Regnant's beam isnt the most powerful in the show.You still have the capital ship cannons among other things.Since the GNHW is meant for heavy warfare and deployment in a specific non-normal situations,any extra preparation you can have helps.What if the enemy reveals a mobile weapon with an even more powerful beam?You're more advanced GN-Field may help defend againts it.If the enemy does not come up with a more powerful beam weapon,you're still going to be safe and sound

Its sort of like buying insurance before going on mountain climbing,you dont know whether you need it but you buy it anyway incase you do.Even if nothing happens to you while you're climbing,you're medical bills will be taken care at least if something does.

Besides......if they're willing to mount THREE mobile suits on Seravee,attaching some extra GN Field emitters for further strengthening really does not sound like much comparatively.......

Jagged Arche certainly didnt need two Buster Swords,a large GN Launcher and a Stealh Field......but it was designed to combat large armies so they gave it everything it could afford.Cherudim certainly cannot wield four handguns at once but they gave it four anyway for spares.
Old 2009-08-03, 23:21   Link #1038
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yes, the Virtue's GN Cannons are also GN Field emitters (in fact, they're the primary GN Field emitters for Virtue).

Old 2009-08-03, 23:50   Link #1039
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Does this mean that the GN-Fields can be deployed if Virtue is using the cannons then?I cant remember any scene specifically with any though.
Old 2009-08-04, 00:07   Link #1040
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

IIRC, episode 10 shows Virtue needing to shut down its GN Field when it deploys the GN Cannons (then again, Virtue has to shut down the GN Field when it fires any of its weapons).