AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-01, 20:52   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach 178 Episode Discussion Thread

I hate birds. I had a carwash 2 hours prior, parked it outside the YMCA parking lot, came back, and there were the mess in its undignified glory on the windshield and on the left sideview mirror. Bastards. There is this ad about Red Bull's giving you wing where the guy drinks it and starts flying so he can take a poop on the bird that just shitted on him moments ago... well I wanted to do the same. Too bad Red Bull really doesn't give you wing. Beside, I didn't know which ones of them were the real culprits anyway. They were all innocently chirping, eating, and a pair of them were on top of each other. Innocent until proven guilty. Darn it.

Have a good watch and good night! *sigh*

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-07-01, 21:14   Link #2
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Haha that sucks dude, I hate it when that happens to me. But you are funny Reading your post might have been more enjoyable than watching this episode. Well let's see....

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2008-07-01 at 21:35.
Old 2008-07-01, 21:21   Link #3
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Haven't commented in a few weeks because honestly this arc was too average for words but the last few eps have been pretty good, and while this reflect-sword villain is cookie-cutter to the max I'm looking forward to seeing this match-up...The Arrancar Encyclopedia is kicking a$$ too^^...

I wonder how they are gonna retcon back into the HM arc after this though? Dream Sequence?
Old 2008-07-01, 22:44   Link #4
astrallionheart

Lol there'll be plenty of apathy by september, if this goes on for two seasons two things will likely happen 1) animation quality nonexistent due to lack of budget 2) bleach loses most of its casual fans...again
Old 2008-07-02, 10:24   Link #5
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

So in the end their own weapons consume their souls.How pitiful!!

But now it seems that things got a little interesting when they show that the new vice-captain and possibly the new captain Amagai are associates of the old man that wants to kill Lurichiyo.

Finally something worth watching!
Old 2008-07-02, 11:55   Link #6
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ah, finally the plot lines meet

Spoiler for ep178:
Old 2008-07-02, 14:59   Link #7
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Aaah, Ichigo kicked some ass. Plot revelations in this episode though.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-02, 19:25   Link #8
Iknowwhatyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Aaah, Ichigo kicked some ass. Plot revelations in this episode though.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-02, 20:39   Link #9
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowwhatyou View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-02, 21:49   Link #10
lequory
People hate good theories

For the 1st time I really don't have much to say. I can't even dog this ep.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:11   Link #11
Lunarskylar

there are many frms of ichigo

Bichigo = bankai ichigo (or PMS ichigo, however you wanna look @ it)
Hichigo = his hollow side
Vichigo = him in vaizard form
Fichigo = filler ichigo, whose face looks liek a dried grapefruit wrapped in foam and boogers
and a full alphabet more =D

my favourit is Pwnichigo, seen in eps like this, where he just kicks asss
Old 2008-07-02, 23:31   Link #12
astrallionheart

The fact that they are showing the full Heuco Mundo powers makes it even more confusing.

People who watch this are going to make (a reasonable) assumption that Ichigo has rescued Orihime and now they are back in the real world.

Which only begs the question--how is this going to make any sense in half a year?/a year?

If you have a year of fillers it has to make some sense in the story line. The bount arc just returned the main characters for a second round in soul society so when they came back, the new arc made sense, hirako nonchalantly joins class the day they return.

So we are stuck in a lose/lose situation. Either A) Restart the HM arc in 6 months (or a year) and say "now that tale is concluded, lets go back to our regularly scheduled programming"
B) alter the entire story by manufacturing a second kidnapping of inoue that results in a second (quicker?) battle with Grimmjow to return back to the original path.

Personally I prefer B, otherwise people would have watched Bleach for an entire year and randomly interject into another story-line which would throw casual viewers off.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:47   Link #13
mikelus
Banned

How much more of this story line are we going to have to take
I'm sorry but all this episodes are just crap.

I kinda like the flashback's of Ichigos Mother but that was it.
Old 2008-07-03, 00:23   Link #14
Kuroda

Great episode, bad guys should learn not to involve ichigos mom into their plans it always fails, ichigos mom is insperation! i knew the 3rd seat was a bad guy, the way he acted in the privious episode letting those hollow out and almost letting another shinigami die. next episode eh seems like it might be boring but we'll see.
Old 2008-07-03, 00:54   Link #15
Jerseykid

kifune in with the bad guys who could have seen that one coming heh

Awesome seeing Ichigo's mom, shame we had to wait this long to see her.
Old 2008-07-03, 01:28   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
So we are stuck in a lose/lose situation. Either A) Restart the HM arc in 6 months (or a year) and say "now that tale is concluded, lets go back to our regularly scheduled programming"
B) alter the entire story by manufacturing a second kidnapping of inoue that results in a second (quicker?) battle with Grimmjow to return back to the original path.

Personally I prefer B, otherwise people would have watched Bleach for an entire year and randomly interject into another story-line which would throw casual viewers off.
Oh I have no doubt we're going with option A. They have pretty much thrown out that this is a filler arc that will have little to no connection timeline wise with the rest of the series. I mean right after Ichigo won they are suddenly in the real world again. So once they are ready to get back to manga material we'll just jump right back in there.

Chad is the only one who managed to actually kill his opponent. Ichigo and Rukia pushed the opponent beyond their limits and that was that. Ishida's attack just failed to kill off the guy. Impressive how he got past the rest of the characters to collect all the weapons. Still good job since if he could survive Sprenger must mean he's as tough as an Espada .

So all ties back in with the Kira situation. Of course Kifune is with the bad guys and we'll see how it turns out.
Old 2008-07-03, 02:06   Link #17
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Give Espada one of those weapons. :]
Old 2008-07-03, 06:38   Link #18
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
there are many frms of ichigo

Bichigo = bankai ichigo (or PMS ichigo, however you wanna look @ it)
Hichigo = his hollow side
Vichigo = him in vaizard form
Fichigo = filler ichigo, whose face looks liek a dried grapefruit wrapped in foam and boogers
and a full alphabet more =D

my favourit is Pwnichigo, seen in eps like this, where he just kicks asss
lol @ "Bichigo"(Bitchigo?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh I have no doubt we're going with option A. They have pretty much thrown out that this is a filler arc that will have little to no connection timeline wise with the rest of the series. I mean right after Ichigo won they are suddenly in the real world again. So once they are ready to get back to manga material we'll just jump right back in there.
^exactly. They made it quite clear at the end of the Hueco Mundo arc Part 1 that they're doing an alternate timeline. Right now, it's as if the HM arc never happened, he never met Nel, Chad got his LAotD a different way, etc etc. It's like comparing the Tenchi Muyo! TV series with the OVA. Nothing to do with the normal timeline and we'll never hear from any of these events again, unless this timeline is revisited in some way... which I doubt.
Old 2008-07-03, 07:36   Link #19
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

That wasn't too bad of a episode. The concept of the flashback was good, but i didn't like the execution. What did ichigo do to break through in the first place anyway? But whatever. I never understood kakashiclone and why he exists. There was so much buildup (heck, he's in the OP), and yet he died so fast? Gawd.

Now that kifune's involved in the fight, i'm calling a zanpakuto/bakkoutou merge form.
Old 2008-07-03, 07:39   Link #20
Ancient Soul

Just watched the episode.

Another fast battle (i don't count Ichigo's dreams).The end spark my interest...Kifune working for the old man...and maybe his captain is with him.Shinigami Cup good as always.
Closed Thread