AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 10:03   Link #4801
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by assirra View Post
Sooo, how many episodes are there in total or is it still undecided and does the developer just goes on till he/she is bored? :P
I am wondering aswell if there is something like a music room like after the first 4episodes.
Every game has a music box after you complete everything.

When EP 8 comes out it will only have the Chiru Arcs (EP 5-8) while the EP 4 Box contains EP 1-4.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 10:57   Link #4802
assirra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Every game has a music box after you complete everything.

When EP 8 comes out it will only have the Chiru Arcs (EP 5-8) while the EP 4 Box contains EP 1-4.
Cheers for the fast reply, is there any cofirmation that EP8 is the end or is it still in the dark?
assirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 10:58   Link #4803
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by assirra View Post
Cheers for the fast reply, is there any cofirmation that EP8 is the end or is it still in the dark?
It's going to be the end of Chiru at the very least. No real confirmation about whether or not there will be a Rei-esque sequel.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:00   Link #4804
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

It hasn't specifically been confirmed, but from recent interviews it does appear that ep8 is the end. At the very least, it would sound very strange for the things that have been said to be true if there's more episodes on the way.

That doesn't mean there wouldn't be more stuff later, mind you, just like Higurashi.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:31   Link #4805
assirra

So its either
1. watch ep5-7 now and 8 whenever it comes out and is translated
2.wait till ep8 comes out and translated and watch 5-8 in 1smooth go.
meh, doubt i can't wait till then, this is to addicting to read.

Last edited by assirra; 2010-10-12 at 11:57.
assirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 11:38   Link #4806
Digi-Dragon

EP7's not yet translated either, just so you know. Though reading EP5 and EP6 do take awhile EP5 is massive.
Digi-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 13:59   Link #4807
Leafsnail

Is the ep6 patch compatible with ep7?

Edit for vagueness: by that I don't mean "will it magically translate ep7?" but "will it play eps 5 and 6 if you put it on ep7?".
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 14:12   Link #4808
chronotrig

Not yet, but we're working on a compatible patch with the first 10% of EP7 translated as well. Hopefully, it won't be long before we release. We've had to change up our lineup of editors almost completely, which has set us back a bit, but we should be back on track soon.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:51   Link #4809
navitaro

Someone know were I can read this tips translated:
Important Facts Concerning Magic and Letter from a Summoner

And there are tips about the episode 7?
Old 2010-10-13, 00:06   Link #4810
guro
I like ice cream.

Hello. I just wanted to say thank you for the translations. You are definitely the fastest translators of visual novels.(I've been waiting for some other VN's for well over two years). I am only in my second year of college Japanese so VN's translated into English is still a must for me. Thank you!
guro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 05:59   Link #4811
Yuhime
Someone who needs help~ ♥

Send a message via MSN to Yuhime
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
Why don't you just change it back? Did you try reinstalling Umineko?
I reinstalled it a several times..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonozaki Futagotachi View Post
Are you using Windows XP? What system language were you using before you switched to Japanese?

Uncle Mion
I use Windows XP and the language was german.

I even tried the old EP6 Patch where only the preview is translated... But everytime the first letter starts onscripter breaks down. =( For EP5 the Tips and the character profiles work.
Yuhime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 06:22   Link #4812
Yuhime

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuhime View Post
I even tried the old EP6 Patch where only the preview is translated... But everytime the first letter starts onscripter breaks down. =( For EP5 the Tips and the character profiles work.
WHAAAAAAAAT I tried it again today and it works... But the text isn't scrolling like it has to, it shows itself like that snatchy text that sometimes comes in fight scenes... And when I switch windows, it stops and I have to read again.
What's that problem supposed to be...?! o,O
Old 2010-10-13, 20:10   Link #4813
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hmm... would you mind trying the latest build of ONScripter-EN?

Go to http://onscripter.unclemion.com/rele...ripter-current and download the Windows 32-bit with DirectSound zip package, then unpack that into the Umineko Witch-Hunt patch folder. Run onscripter-en.exe to play the game.

This version of onscripter-en should also give you more information when an error occurs, so please report back on what happens. Especially let me know if it crashes without showing an error message.

Cheers,
Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 09:14   Link #4814
Yuhime

Quote:
Hmm... would you mind trying the latest build of ONScripter-EN?

Go to http://onscripter.unclemion.com/rele...ripter-current and download the Windows 32-bit with DirectSound zip package, then unpack that into the Umineko Witch-Hunt patch folder. Run onscripter-en.exe to play the game.

This version of onscripter-en should also give you more information when an error occurs, so please report back on what happens. Especially let me know if it crashes without showing an error message.

Cheers,
Uncle Mion
It works the same as before. Nothing changed and it doesn't give me information to errors. =(
Old 2010-10-14, 13:34   Link #4815
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Is it crashing at the first letter like before, or is the text displaying wrong ("like that snatchy text that sometimes comes in fight scenes") like before?

If it's basically showing a page of text all at once - skipping to the next-page clickwait - then it might be in "page-at-once" mode; try hitting the 'O' key and see if the text scrolls properly after that.

Uncle Mion
Old 2010-10-15, 08:25   Link #4816
chronotrig

The Witch Hunt is pleased to announce that we have been working with representatives from Hobibox over the past few weeks, and together we've worked out a download version of Umineko and Umineko Chiru. That's the full Japanese games, not just the patches.

The Japanese versions of both EP4 and EP6 are now available for download purchase from Hobibox's website, and are compatible with the newest English patch installers. The entire download system has been translated by Witch Hunt members, so there's no need to navigate through Japanese pages. Future episodes will be added as soon as they are translated, and since there's no import fee or shipping, you can get the games at the original Japanese prices.

If you have any problems whatsoever, please let us know as soon as possible and we'll try and fix them.

Before I go any further, one disclaimer. Hobibox has decided to start this service for American audiences only. That means non-US IPs cannot access the download page at this time. If things go smoothly for the download version of the game, Hobibox plans to include more regions in the near future.

Partly because of this, the Witch Hunt would like to open up to the other translation groups that have been working on Umineko. We haven't been in close contact with most of these groups lately, so if you are part of one of these groups or know someone who is, let us know how things are going. Of course, we'll now link to the homepages of any group that asks.

Finally, many, many thanks to Mion, Message, and Roto, all of whom put in a huge amount of work on this project, leaving the rest of the team time to focus on the EP7 translation. The shifting about of our whole editor lineup has slowed us down a bit, but I think we're on fairly solid ground going forward. Without the time spent by those three, however, the download version would not have come together the way it did.

The Witch Hunt is also acting as an affiliate for these download purchases, so you can support us by using the link at the top of this message to buy either Episode.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:48   Link #4817
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

This is incredibly good news. It can open the path to a wide visual novel distributions through the internet. It was about time someone realized there could be a profitable market with this system (which can also make happy the overseas customers).

The bad side, is that for me, and for many other Umineko fans, it's the same as before. I hope they will open the channels to the rest of the world soon.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 09:50   Link #4818
Thunder Book
Endless Member

That's awesome that you can buy Umineko off the internet now.
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 10:39   Link #4819
einhorn303

Well, I've already imported physical copies of the games from Paletweb. So you could already "buy Umineko off the internet" before.

But, this'll be really convenient for:

1. No worrying about that painful Dollar/Yen exchange rate. Oh wait, no, it's sold hy HobiBox so it is still in Yen ;_;
2. No waiting for long overseas shipping.

Even though I would kind of like to have a physical case and all that...
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 11:11   Link #4820
Yuhime

Unhappy

Quote:
Is it crashing at the first letter like before, or is the text displaying wrong ("like that snatchy text that sometimes comes in fight scenes") like before?

If it's basically showing a page of text all at once - skipping to the next-page clickwait - then it might be in "page-at-once" mode; try hitting the 'O' key and see if the text scrolls properly after that.

Uncle Mion
Really, nothing changed. I tried hitting these keys:

F = The fullscreen works. No problems here.
S = That works too. And when I hit it a second time, the snatchy text appears. With snatch I mean that it's showing a page of text all at once. And when I try 'O' after that onscripter crashes with the first letter of the next page.

It's useless, I guess I cannot read Umineko anymore...

Tags
translation