AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-09-03, 23:58   Link #21
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Bumping this thread, because we at Doremi-fansubs just released the first audio drama for Planetarian, titled "A Snow Globe". We hope you guys enjoy this prologue of sorts to the kinetic novel.

Once again, the audio drama managed to move me to tears again just like the game.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 04:52   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks for translating this radio drama Doremi. I really appreciated it. This isn't an anime or related to an anime so we can't list this on our main site. Consequently it bears posting the link to this audio drama here:
Planetarian.Audio.Drama.01.A.Snow.Globe
I've just watched/listened to it and I have to say that I liked it better than the game. Since I am already familiar with Reverie-chan's unique sense of logic I was really able to enjoy her interactions. The story with her fiance was classic Reverie logic. She's really a hoot listening to the way she reflects the meaning of life by mangling its comprehension .

As for the sad scene at the end after the main story, that seemed to be tacked on just to steal some cheap tears. It retells a story we already know, but obviously Key didn't think the main story was sad enough so they added an extra 10 minute epilogue of pure whimpery sadness. Heck, one of the characters even bursts into tears and that is just cheating. I guess they felt they'd disappoint their fans if they didn't provide some tears regardless of artistic integrity.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 18:54   Link #23
Aznmagic2015

Send a message via AIM to Aznmagic2015
Planetarian Audio Drama

Did Doremi sub it? I just downloaded it and it was just audio with pictures.
Aznmagic2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 10:58   Link #24
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznmagic2015 View Post
Did Doremi sub it? I just downloaded it and it was just audio with pictures.
Hense the term audio drama.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I will as soon as I get a chance.
Old 2007-09-07, 13:30   Link #25
Asfad

I would also like to give my thanks to Doremi for subbing this. It complements the game nicely and even though I was disappointed the last part was basically taken straight out of the novel, it serves as a nice bridge if you haven't played it yet. I personally would recommend playing the novel first because the mysterious atmosphere and setting gets spoiled a bit if you don't, which was one of the main reasons I enjoyed it
Asfad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 23:03   Link #26
Ashlotte
Clockwork

You doremi boys are just too awesome for doing this for us thanks...Huge huge thanks to you all.

As for the A-D itself...I actually let it sit for a few days because I was worried i'd start crying like a little girl as soon as I heard her voice...Which now after actually sitting through it I did...And then some.

All I can hope is that this gets the animation treatment someday...I can't express how much i'd love to see my favorite little chatter box of a robot animated.

Sigh anyway once again thanks doremi...I may hate you alittle for making me weepy over a fictional character again, but I do appreciate the effort you put in to this.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 00:37   Link #27
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Yeah, with 3 audio dramas the storyline for Planetarian is quite fleshed out. I sure wouldn't mind for a 13 episode series from Kyoto Animation on this.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 03:32   Link #28
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I'm having trouble buying this game online, but I read somewhere else that the cd version has extra voices. Is it worth it to get the disk version in you opinion?
Old 2007-10-04, 22:46   Link #29
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

can someone help me, i downloaded trial version of planetarian. but when i played it, it crush when opening(view of city in night), what must i do?
oh yeah, when i heard and listen carefully ,the opening music resemble my country national song
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:43   Link #30
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aolas View Post
can someone help me, i downloaded trial version of planetarian. but when i played it, it crush when opening(view of city in night), what must i do?
oh yeah, when i heard and listen carefully ,the opening music resemble my country national song
Have you set the default language for non-unicode program to Japanese? Details can be found in section 2.1.1 here.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 05:58   Link #31
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Wow! I just finished going through the VN and was definitely taken in by the story, even if it was somewhat short. Now this is what a VN should be about, without the need for all those ecchi bits we find in other VNs. The music was an awesome accompaniment, and the voicing of Yumemi was perfectly done.

Gonna go through the first Drama CD now.

EDIT: Gonna go visit the planetarium next week! This is what a reading the VN has done for me! Haha... Too bad Yumemi won't be there to greet me... T_T
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 19:29   Link #32
therationalpi

Just finished going through Planetarian. I must say that I was very impressed, and got choked up over the story more than once. Oftentimes, it was the literary irony of the situations that really got to me. For example, the image of her standing out in the rain, crying up business in an empty city was moving. We know full well that no one is ever going to show up, but she dutifully keeps at it.
Spoiler for The Special Presentation:
Yumemi, herself, was also a very touching character. She strikes you like an innocent child when she talks about things like Heaven for robots, and you feel like her love for the stars goes beyond her just being a robot made to work a planetarium.

I really feel like she is shown to be a real person. We see that she has hopes, dreams, and emotions. She prays, earnestly. She's easily more human than the junker starts off. Certainly worth recommending to fan's of key's other works, and even those who don't like key may enjoy this little gem. I really hope it gets animated some day. It's very short, so it would make a good movie or short series, and you could delve into the side stories for a little more if you really wanted to milk it.
Old 2007-12-09, 23:19   Link #33
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
I've been meaning to pick this title up, but the site Insani's guide on purchasing the game no longer sells it, and the site THEY link to isn't very understandable for a non-Japanese person like myself.

What should I do if I want to legitimately purchase Planetarian and have the English patch work? Would buying the CD version be my best bet? I don't mind getting Planetarian in the mail. =x

Thanks in advance.
Old 2007-12-10, 00:03   Link #34
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Man, I remember playing this awhile ago.

Even though it's short and there are no choices (hence 'kinetic novel'), the emotions put out by this VN were strongly evoked.

This kind of story seems to work best as a short game to me, not as an anime.
If it were made into an anime, it wouldn't feel quite right, since it relies more on talking than action.
MatriXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 09:31   Link #35
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiet View Post
I've been meaning to pick this title up, but the site Insani's guide on purchasing the game no longer sells it, and the site THEY link to isn't very understandable for a non-Japanese person like myself.

What should I do if I want to legitimately purchase Planetarian and have the English patch work? Would buying the CD version be my best bet? I don't mind getting Planetarian in the mail. =x

Thanks in advance.
I got mine via Digital Download...

Here

Only thing is it's abit tough to understand but if you have Japanese text installed on your computer just copy/paste it into Google translate or something and it will tell you what each part means, like name/email ect.

And yeah Insani's patch works although you have to play the game through on Japanese for a few minutes then it will automatically save a chapter point near the start, then you exit the game, install the English patch then start the game. Then go to Load Game and load the first chapter option called "From the Beginning".

They changed the game abit and the english patch kinda screwed up the opening video and doesn't play, so you have to load a point after it.

Other than that the game works perfectly with the patch, i've played through it all the way to the end

Hope this helps.
Old 2009-12-01, 01:31   Link #36
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume

planetarian ~ちいさなほしのゆめ~

"What do you think about the planetarium?
That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you..."

I just realized that it's been 5 years since Planetarian was first released by Key (November 29, 2004).

Time really flies when there are hundreds of new VNs being released each year. But since this is one of the few good ones that were translated, I'd just like to bring it back to public attention. So to all who have played through this kinetic novel, what do you guys think? What do you remember the most? Any thoughts or feelings since then?

As well, I'd also like to bring forth an irritating thought that has been with me ever since completing the game - besides Doremi's translation of Snow Globe, one of the side-stories/prologue to the game, none of the other ones have been translated (Jerusalem, Hoshi no Hito, and Tircis and Aminte).

I would be extremely grateful if someone could translate these last few side stories, especially Hoshi no Hito. I am dying to know what happens after the game's conclusion.

...Anyways, please discuss away. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks. And to those who haven't played it yet, please do so right away, because you are missing out on one of the most beautiful short VNs ever made. (Here's the site for the translation patch: http://planetarian.insani.org/)
Phocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 05:49   Link #37
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I cried so much.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 14:40   Link #38
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Really beautiful game I would hope kyoani would make something of this ^-^ like those rumors from months ago.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 17:14   Link #39
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Kyoani should make an anime of this. instead of whoring out Haruhi.. the music itself is fantastic enough to warrant paying some attention to this.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-01, 21:05   Link #40
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
Kyoani should make an anime of this. instead of whoring out Haruhi.. the music itself is fantastic enough to warrant paying some attention to this.
If they made an anime series, they would probably have to include the side stories (prologue + game + epilogue + side stories = 13-15 episodes?). And hell yes, the music is probably one of the best things the game has to offer.

I think after the predictable success of the Disappearance movie, KyoAni will have enough money to continue FMP, make a Planetarian OVA series/movie, and finally Little Busters! I mean seriously, I bet KyoAni could produce a couple of OVAs of this in like less than a month, plus the fact that there are only like two seiyuus needed to voice the characters (reprising their roles - Ono Daisuke as the Junker, Keiko Suzuki as Yumemi).
Phocus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key, visual novel