Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 19:42   Link #701
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Judging from his black bird-like wings, at first i thought that mysterious guy was a fallen angel, until it's revealed that he's Lucifer, one of Maou's great generals
Not too far-fetched actually. According to bible, Lucifer was originally an angel until he committed a sin and thus got banned from heaven by God for eternity
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:42   Link #702
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
So Emi is the only one who can fight the demon king. Immediately after discovering this, the church comes to get her. A few days later, her hometown just happens to be attacked by demons and everything she loves is destroyed. Convenient that she now has no lingering attachments and a burning desire for revenge, eh? Convenient for the church, anyway....
I always wonder why in stories like these where there are supposedly angels around, they are never seen to do jack squat.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:49   Link #703
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I always wonder why in stories like these where there are supposedly angels around, they are never seen to do jack squat.
Either that, or quite often they are depicted as a bunch of selfish/corrupted jerk ass. Makes one wonder whether it has something to do with how people view the modern society.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 19:54   Link #704
kuromitsu

Quote:
Relevant: Yondemasu yo Azazel-san eps. 5-6. XD (Though there they do fight the occasional demon, they just ignore everything else.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:11   Link #705
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
I pray that the majority of them are not d*cks like those in Supernatural though.
I don't care if they're assholes, I might even like them, at least do something other than being all mysterious and pull strings.

(Yeah I like the supernatural angels- they're dicks, but they're also badass)
Old 2013-04-25, 20:30   Link #706
Anime Online

Quote:

There wouldn't be any role for Emilia to play, if the angels would just swoop in and save everyone.

It's just part of familiar RPG storytelling, that the hero came up from humble beginnings, learned about his incredible lineage and destiny to the Chosen One, gather a few friends and went on to defeat the Dark Lord.

Consider Lord of the Rings. Wouldn't it have been much simpler if Gandalf got the eagles to carry Frodo to Mount Doom in the first place, instead of say, walking all the way there? Afterall, the eagles swooped in undetected and saved Gandalf when he was imprisoned by Saruman, so can't they pull the same trick on Sauron?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:32   Link #707
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The same answer as to "if god exists, why can't he do everything himself?"
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:34   Link #708
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
There wouldn't be any role for Emilia to play, if the angels would just swoop in and save everyone.
You're assuming that all Angels are strong, or that they would save people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The same answer as to "if god exists, why can't he do everything himself?"
You don't have to make them omnipotent you know.
Old 2013-04-25, 20:51   Link #709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*imagines Lucifer as Starscream*

*Maou as Megatron...*
Old 2013-04-25, 20:53   Link #710
Xacual

Quote:

*Maou as Megatron...*
If you go down that reasoning would Emi be Optimus Prime? Because I can't imagine that at all.

Another great episode and felt really well paced. I can't help suspecting the church though, it really does seem kind of suspicious that her village was attacked just after they picked her up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:55   Link #711
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

*Maou as Megatron...*
Alsiel as Soundwave?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 20:57   Link #712
whitecloud

I guess I know who is the supposed angel....the fat one...but is weird people that common?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 21:05   Link #713
whitecloud

Youre kidding....in the past maybe...keep eating fast food for several years will do that for you...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 21:09   Link #714
Shadow5YA

Quote:
You don't have to make them omnipotent you know.
Angels are supposed to be more of god's personal servants than they are human. If you want to make them fallible with more character... isn't that just a human?
Old 2013-04-25, 21:11   Link #715
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Angels are supposed to be more of god's personal servants than they are human. If you want to make them fallible with more character... isn't that just a human?
Is the gap between human and omnipotent really so narrow?

What happen to strong but not invincible? And who said anything about more character? They could be emotionless robots... heck they probably are.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:12   Link #716
s07195
However,

Shouldn't Emilia's memories be in gibberish language too?
Old 2013-04-25, 21:19   Link #717
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Is the gap between human and omnipotent really so narrow?

What happen to strong but not invincible? And who said anything about more character? They could be emotionless robots... heck they probably are.
That depends on how strong humans are made to be in the story. If you have people like Hero Emilia back at Ente Isla who are already strong but not invincible... how do you design angels that are supposed to be stronger but not invincible while not being omnipotent at the same time?
Old 2013-04-25, 21:25   Link #718
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That depends on how strong humans are made to be in the story. If you have people like Hero Emilia back at Ente Isla who are already strong but not invincible... how do you design angels that are supposed to be stronger but not invincible while not being omnipotent at the same time?
Emilia is an exception being half Angel.

At this point there's nothing that can be done because the world setting has already been decided.

Unless you're asking me how I would have done it...?
Old 2013-04-25, 21:34   Link #719
backbone
Banned

Perhaps the Angels in this story are really dicks and just don't give a damn about whatever conflict occuring between humans and demons because they think it's not their business.

Most convenient solution i could think of
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 21:49   Link #720
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Perhaps the Angels in this story are really dicks and just don't give a damn about whatever conflict occuring between humans and demons because they think it's not their business.

Most convenient solution i could think of

Well, the angels could be under some kind of non-interference order, so they can't help the humans directly.

Consider the holy sword technique Better Half, which is for defeating Maou. Who do you think created a technique based around holy power? Could it be humans, who have no access to holy power? Or could it be the angels, who have holy power? Do you think it was a coincidence that Emilia was born just at the right time so she could be old enough when the world is in danger? Perhaps the angels "planted" her so she could be humanity's savior in their darkest hour?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, slice of life, work