AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 01:00   Link #101
Uribatake

Thanks, Terizent, but shouldn't
Spoiler for puzzle:
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:00   Link #102
piperz
El Psy Congroo

after a few minutes of trying to figure out the answer, this is final theory that i came up with
Spoiler:

it's a bit confusing since i rearranged some stuff and i moved the 6 from the original puzzle to the bottom in line with 3, 4, and 5 to put the 6 in proper sequence. So basically, it's just a simple addition of numbers. It's still just a theory though and i don't know why there are 2 9's in the puzzle so i just made a wild guess as to how the other 9 is connected in the sequence.
my answer is
A = 16
B = 20

*continues watching*

@Terizent
i guess your answer is more reasonable, thanks!
piperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 01:04   Link #103
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Thanks, Terizent, but shouldn't
Spoiler for puzzle:
Ah, you're right!
Spoiler for Puzzle:
Old 2011-10-10, 01:05   Link #104
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Eh, I thought it was determining the elements in Sets A and B, but it turns out to be my first guess — adding certain elements to come up with the values for A and B. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 09:40   Link #105
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I think it's a Klotski. At the very least, it's a sliding block puzzle.
More of those "Unblock Me!" Games in iPods and iPhones. I am quite a pro in the game...it is Beginner level but that Giver is so ********~ that he used the fact that the red car CANNOT come out of the gate. So since u cant move the car u have to do it a "Not-so-Unblock-me" way.

Meh i am a pro in unblock me.(Not a genius)
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 10:42   Link #106
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I think that
Spoiler for my answer:
...not that I've seen the episode yet though...

@Uribatake in case you want to keep trying first: I'd say 'set theory' is a good starting point to figuring it out.
Good job, you were the first of us to get it right. The solution does have something to do with set theory (intersections, more specifically), but the numbers still threw me off because I originally thought they were supposed to add up to a multiple of each polygon's number of sides. For instance, I thought A+3+7+9 would be equal to a multiple of 3 because they're all inside the triangle. Once I applied the same thinking to the square, it all fell apart.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2011-10-10 at 12:17.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 15:23   Link #107
ookamigirl

Nice episode. It was fun ^^
Kaito sure wasn't in a good mood this time. That Galileo guy was totally annoying & self-centered.
Hope this doesn't turn into those yu-gi-oh/beyblade/bakugan kiddie stuff but with puzzles instead.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 16:17   Link #108
zeando
maybenotimome

^yeah, something like the "spirit of the puzzle"
but i won't mind it becoming even childish unless it becomes less cool, it's not like i'm taking it seriously anyway
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 18:44   Link #109
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yeah, it was fun trying to figure out the puzzles before watching the answer. Suffice to say, I only got the car puzzle right(it was ridiculously easy anyway). The two Kaito solved before meeting Galileo guy I couldn't =0<.

The show felt a bit more childish than last week's, much because of Kaito getting heated up by Galileo and childishly bickering with him.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 18:49   Link #110
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What a coincidence, I was just finishing the last levels on Rush Hour that I left out (level 4... Curse you!) before I watched this This show is definitely aimed more towards the younger audience with the show having everything to do with puzzles and nothing else. The "T" and the connect the dots were also easy in a sense. But the shapes one was incredibly difficult for me to figure out.
Old 2011-10-10, 20:42   Link #111
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Just watched ep2. It seems that Rush hour puzzle has turned into some sorta deadly games as we know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 1

No Kaito, no man will ever solve the puzzle called women
Spinzaku, anyone?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-11 at 01:38.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 04:16   Link #112
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yeah, it was fun trying to figure out the puzzles before watching the answer. Suffice to say, I only got the car puzzle right(it was ridiculously easy anyway). The two Kaito solved before meeting Galileo guy I couldn't =0<.

The show felt a bit more childish than last week's, much because of Kaito getting heated up by Galileo and childishly bickering with him.
Easy car puzzle...i can finish it in less than 6mins. Then that guy go change the rules to "Oh hey u cant move the red car right now but u can push the other cars freely. For example, "the show tells us the new rules LOL""
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 03:17   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Easy car puzzle...i can finish it in less than 6mins. Then that guy go change the rules to "Oh hey u cant move the red car right now but u can push the other cars freely. For example, "the show tells us the new rules LOL""
Yeah it kind of looks like his power allows him to see outside the box and outside the puzzle to find an ultimate solution, but it also seems to sap his strength. I can sort of see this developing along the lines of him being the brains and Nonoha being the brawn like she was here in dragging his ass out of the maze. Also Jun Fukuyama slayed me as always with his ham antics in voicing Gammon Sakanoue. The characters just the biggest loudmouth as a result and it's amusing to see him go from ultimate smugness to "hey your pretty good" when Kaito solved the unsolvable puzzle.

This is start to look dangerous so I'm curious to see where it's going. Definitely going to stick around now after being a little underwhelmed by the first episode.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 22:30   Link #114
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
EP2 random pic

Oh hi, Einstein.

Spoiler for Again, that's just RUDE, Kaito.:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-14 at 06:37.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 06:22   Link #115
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Had a quick look at the first two episodes...yep, it's cheesy as hell alright and very childish, but I don't mind that so much. Like Sacred Seven, Sunrise sure as hell aren't taking this seriously - and that's probably the best way to go with a show like this

As such, it's impossible to really critique the characters, as that would mean I'd be taking the show more seriously than the creators

Decent show to relax with, ironically (Puzzles, relaxing? )
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 13:39   Link #116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
For the record this show also airs right after Gundam AGE on Sunday so it's pretty much aimed at a younger audience using Gundam as the lead-in. Frankly this shows going to be awesome though if we keep working to solve each of the puzzles and it keeps showing Kaito thinking outside the box to save his "idiot" friends from deadly unsolvable puzzles. I'm almost certain that's why they leave some of those puzzles in there by the way, not for the characters to solve, but for the audience to.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 00:02   Link #117
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I can sort of see this developing along the lines of him being the brains and Nonoha being the brawn like she was here in dragging his ass out of the maze.
She's also got a good memory, which I think compliments him pretty well. For a person who's supposed to be a master puzzle solver his awareness of situational details seems to be rather weak. In fact it's saved him twice so far: first in the maze (she remembered which part was different) and then she remembered the directions to the car puzzle.
Old 2011-10-16, 23:00   Link #118
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2011-10-17, 04:42   Link #119
Sides

The guy with the white sparky hair kind of remind me of Shinobu from No More Heroes.
As for episode three, hmm normally you introduce an annoying child character if the ratings go down. I hope he won't show up too much in the future.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 07:07   Link #120
kuromitsu

I quite like Edison. He's the usual bratty smart-ass kid (just like he'd predicted in the preview ), but I didn't find him too annoying, and I liked how he interacted with the other characters. Especially with Galileo, the "senpai?!" part made me laugh. I think Galileo has finally grown on me.

I rather like the gang so far. Kaitou is the resident genius, but he can be surprisingly childish, Nonoha is not only the brawn but also the one with common sense (as it turned out in episode 3 ), Galileo is the dogged rival, Edison is the token kid genius, and I guess the girl in the preview will be the resident cloud cuckoo lander artist. The bad guys are pretty boring so far, but I guess they'll be developed later.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote