AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-02, 19:08   Link #1
darkwave
Manual Mode

Canvas ~Motif of Sepia~ / Canary 1-2

Hmm.. Another Ero anime slipt in Animesuki. Its unstoppable!

Maybe its ok with Animesuki?

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-02-02 at 19:21.
darkwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 19:09   Link #2
Diedrupo

it has a mature scene, but it's hardly what i call ero... more like R rated.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 19:11   Link #3
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
it has a mature scene, but it's hardly what i call ero... more like R rated.
Eh? IMO its comparable with Futari Ecchi/Green Green ep13 promo. Im getting kind of confuse what Animesuki standards when it comes to this kind of Anime.
Old 2004-02-02, 19:15   Link #4
darkwave
Manual Mode

This might be "Super" Ecchi instead of Ero?

Edit: Whats with the torrent links:
Canvas ~Motif of Sepia~ (and Canary 1-2)
Canary 1-2 (and Canvas)

Both are the same links? I got confused for sec there.
I think they should delete one!
Old 2004-02-02, 19:20   Link #5
Seiryuu

From what I can tell, they only hold out on showing stuff that is official hentai, and stuff that practically slaps you across the face with the almost-hentai state at least three times an ep(like Futari H :shudder In Canvas, it's one scene that's pretty isolated. Right at the end of the ep, the main girl is home alone during a bad storm, she starts thinking about a certain boy, and then aside from the presence of sheets, things get educational. But, like I said, it's pretty isolated, so the fansub groups can usually just cut it out for an edited version if it's offensive. I think the second ep's worse. It still only has one bad scene right at the end, but this time it's just a little different. The show overall is really good, but you might want to skip through the last 5 minutes of each. Unless you WANT to die of blood loss through your nasal passages.
On a side note, how's Canary? it seems to be batched in with Canvas and I've never seen it before.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 19:24   Link #6
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
On a side note, how's Canary? it seems to be batched in with Canvas and I've never seen it before.
IMO, its kind of like Green Green. Its ok i guess.
Old 2004-02-02, 19:31   Link #7
darkwave
Manual Mode

Where's the seeds for Canvas? *waves*

N/M - Using new version of Azureus 2.0.7.0, had to restart to fix yellow status seeding problem.

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-02-02 at 20:23.
Old 2004-02-02, 19:39   Link #8
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
I saw Canvas Raw some time ago and it's definitely something NOT suitable for here IMHO. The last scene makes up for the whole show.

It's kinda like Suika and other animes like that, the theme is not sexually oriented, though there are sex scenes inside.

XD
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 19:43   Link #9
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
I saw Canvas Raw some time ago and it's definitely something NOT suitable for here IMHO. The last scene makes up for the whole show.

It's kinda like Suika and other animes like that, the theme is not sexually oriented, though there are sex scenes inside.

XD
Why not just allow these kind of Anime, since I know this kind of Anime will continue to appear here (Animesuki).

Its futile to block these "Super" Ecchi/Ero anime all the time!

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-02-02 at 19:55.
Old 2004-02-02, 20:07   Link #10
Diedrupo

the problem is that these anime are NOT x-rated. Having a scene with nudity and H situations don't make it x-rated. yes they are based on ero stuff, but the actual anime were tamed down so that they are not ero but still intended for adults (or sneaky teens).

I think animesuki should just label Canvas with an R rating.

BTW there IS an edited fansub of Canvas floating around that cut out the scenes in question.

edit: to prove my point, everyone should note the strategic positioning in the scenes. Clearly they are not X-rated scenes. They depict isolated acts that shouldnt be exposed to children, but are things that normal adults deal with on a regular basis. You know, there's sex and nudity in a movie like Braveheart, there can be in anime as well.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 20:33   Link #11
Thelastguardian

forget about braveheart watch Shakespeare In Love XD

Jokes aside, I only 'played' the game a ver very long time ago. The plot itself is not twisted nor sick in any way. It is a completely 'healthy' romance story (h aside). Thus I was sort of looking forward to have an anime version.
Old 2004-02-02, 22:16   Link #12
warnold
nerfelwap

Based upon this discussion I've stuck a "Warning: R rated" tag on the listing.

darkwave: If I delete one, then it won't get listed under that title.

(anyone making torrents: please don't include multiple series in the same torrent, it makes listing them much harder)

and BTW: to comment on our standards: None of us has seen it yet. So all we have to go on is what's on the various web sites.
--
-billy-
warnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 07:17   Link #13
darkwave
Manual Mode

I didnt know this Anime is the censored version? If i'd known this is edited then I would not have D/L this in the first place. They should've atleast pointed it out. But they didnt even do it right IMO.

They edited the ending but they didnt edit the *FINGER* scene on the ep1. How stupid is that.

Got to look for the RAWS.

Last edited by darkwave; 2004-02-03 at 07:30.
Old 2004-02-03, 11:52   Link #14
Seiryuu

I've seen it, so I can say exactly what the H is. First, it doesn't show genitalia, which is the legal qualifier for hentai. But anyone who knows anything about the birds and the bees can guess what's happening. It's like many anime, either some object or bed sheets cover the H area, or the camera is angled such that the questionable regions are off the edge of the screen. As for the situations, in 1, the girl can't sleep during a storm, and she's home alone, so she entertains herself. I can't say anymore. In 2, the producers decided to make a conclusion of the romance portion of the plot blatantly obvious. I think you can figure out what will happen.
On a side note, there's one thing I don't like about all these harems. It seems that every harem anime falls into one of two categories. Either it's like Tenchi, and the guy just can't choose between the battling parties, or it's like Love Hina, and you know who the final pair is going to be by the end of the opening. Only one that I know that isn't like that is Yumeria, I'm still uncertain of who the final girl will be. I'd like there to be more mystery and uncertainty to the conflict. Even so, it's a good show, so enjoy it.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 12:24   Link #15
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwave
I didnt know this Anime is the censored version? If i'd known this is edited then I would not have D/L this in the first place. They should've atleast pointed it out. But they didnt even do it right IMO.

They edited the ending but they didnt edit the *FINGER* scene on the ep1. How stupid is that.

Got to look for the RAWS.
I don't think this is the censored version.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 13:59   Link #16
darkwave
Manual Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I don't think this is the censored version.
I meant edited/modified version. You can really tell thats its been edited on the ending scene of ep2. I noticed that it skipped that part because it suddenly finished w/o the "action" scene.
Old 2004-02-03, 15:53   Link #17
Mr Yonkers

I hope this "modifying" isn't going to become a trend, even if it is just one scene that has nothing to do with the story. If somebody was worried about this in the first place, it just should have never been done. Not only do we have to worry about distributors in the US censoring anime, we now have fansubbers changing things as well?

Seems the first episode suffered some snipping as well. While not as dramatic as the second cut, it is still missing some footage (odd since what they left in seemed much worse).

Last edited by Mr Yonkers; 2004-02-04 at 09:44.
Mr Yonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 16:41   Link #18
Shota00

I totally agree with Mr. Yonkers. Canvas and Canary were not hentai, there were sex scenes in it but, i believe the point was to show where their relationship was going and not just to satify a bunch of fanboys. Really, people need to grow up and just watch the show.
Shota00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 16:48   Link #19
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shota00
I totally agree with Mr. Yonkers. Canvas and Canary were not hentai, there were sex scenes in it but, i believe the point was to show where their relationship was going and not just to satify a bunch of fanboys. Really, people need to grow up and just watch the show.
Umm... can anyone confirm if anything was actually cut from this show? (someone who has seen an uncut version)

If so -->

Of course, even if it was cut, it wasn't neccesarily cut by the fansubbers.

Anyway: censorship sucks.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 17:52   Link #20
kanazuchi

Send a message via AIM to kanazuchi
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Umm... can anyone confirm if anything was actually cut from this show? (someone who has seen an uncut version)

If so -->

Of course, even if it was cut, it wasn't neccesarily cut by the fansubbers.

Anyway: censorship sucks.
It was obviously cut, I cant stand people who think its alright to tear apart somebody elses work like that... Does anybody know if there is an uncut DL for the second ep of canvas?
kanazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote