Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 22:22   Link #21
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
You need to watch the movies. Things even out more there.
They just sliced bits out of the movie for this first episode.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 11:47   Link #22
Applehell

Well, that was a pretty point by numbers J-ass RPG right there. Still the novelty of the hero losing the typical final battle for the world with his alliance of men is fairly interesting. If the rest of the show just turns out to be reactment of his first journey however, I don't think it will maintain my interest much. Then again if this season continues to dry for me I might stick with this anyway.

Going against the grain here, I don't mind that we are seeing characters with already established relationships because as if the dialogue is anything go by it's nothing too much out of ordinary. I can make enough interfence where the notable characters stand towards the MC. I'm not moviated enough to watch the movie/prequel either honestly. Well I see where this goes in 2 more episodes.

This really is mobage season tho.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 17:31   Link #23
Darthtabby

The productions values are good and the hero losing to the big bad in what would ordinarily be the climactic final battle was an interesting way to start things off (though that first battle suffered from a serious case of cast herd). Overall this was pretty good in some of the scenes where I could forget it was based on a video game. Problem is it kept throwing in stuff that reminded me its based on a video game.

I guess fantasy anime that are related to video games are better than nothing and some of them are pretty good looking, but I'd kind of like to see a straight up fantasy series that isn't related to a video game or light novel at some point.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 20:58   Link #24
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I'm not moviated enough to watch the movie/prequel either honestly. Well I see where this goes in 2 more episodes.
If you don't want to wait just get the movie episode 2 and 3 from Crunchyroll. Literally the only difference between the TV episode 1 and Movie episode 1 is that the TV version has an Opening and Ending theme, the card with the title for the next episode and that ending card with Yuri and Aram.

There is a series of OVA shorts that they released a couple of year ago direct to DVD/BD in Japan that sort of does a super quick feature of the game's main story (I think all 8 episodes only total around 40 mins), but I think it would actually confuse people more if they watched that first.
Old 2017-01-14, 22:41   Link #25
Yamada II

Episode 2

So Aram isn't liked by Burkhardt for stealing mana. But Yuri has hopes for the kid. The fight in the city was cool. Loved that action. It was fast and felt like it was a blend of CGI and regular animation. The CGI in this show is also pretty good. It doesn't stand out in a bad way like other shows have. Arslan Senki, for example, also had CGI for their shots of armies and stuff and it stood out. These guys are doing a good job with the animation here.

Apart from the fights, everything was pretty okay. But those visuals and the exciting fights are too good.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 10:30   Link #26
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
If you don't want to wait just get the movie episode 2 and 3 from Crunchyroll. Literally the only difference between the TV episode 1 and Movie episode 1 is that the TV version has an Opening and Ending theme, the card with the title for the next episode and that ending card with Yuri and Aram.

There is a series of OVA shorts that they released a couple of year ago direct to DVD/BD in Japan that sort of does a super quick feature of the game's main story (I think all 8 episodes only total around 40 mins), but I think it would actually confuse people more if they watched that first.
Thanks for the tip. Don't mind waiting though, and I perfer watching it with the OP since I like it.

On episode 2, I really enjoy watching Aram fight. He seems like he's using some from of parkour which let's him get around very swiftly and smoothly. Animation in general was a step down from the premiere, but not hugely so. Everything else continues to be servicable.
Old 2017-01-20, 22:46   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My Liberation music video. Plus we see nano's face!

Old 2017-01-23, 14:07   Link #28
Panzercracker

As I expect, Burckhart go to the road of Darkside.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-23, 14:23   Link #29
Tenzen12

Yeah, it was expected, though I tend be sympathetic toward characters like Burkhart so I hoped he manage step on breaks in time...
Old 2017-01-24, 11:15   Link #30
Panzercracker

With his chivalry and loyalty with Yuliana, I think he will kill himself when he got rip darkside's control.
Old 2017-01-25, 00:35   Link #31
Applehell

Okay epiosde 3 was definitely the best one so far. There lots of nice character and I didn't expect that getting touched by those black soliders would cause corruption. That certianly ups the stakes here espeically since Yuri was wounded too. Sadly animation has taken a slight nosedive.
Old 2017-01-25, 08:59   Link #32
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Okay epiosde 3 was definitely the best one so far. There lots of nice character and I didn't expect that getting touched by those black soliders would cause corruption. That certianly ups the stakes here espeically since Yuri was wounded too. Sadly animation has taken a slight nosedive.
A reminder the TV series is just the 1 movie cut down into 4 eps.

I've noticed a lot of new viewers are turned off by how the anime just jumps into the action without explaining the backstory and characterization beforehand - which some liken to watching a sequel without watching S1 first.
Thing is, the plot is clearly targeted at source gameplayers - it assumes viewers have played at least Part 1 of the source mobile game and are familiar with its intro story, characters and factions.
Gamers say the anime is really explaining the history behind some major events that occur near the end of Part 1 and the motivation of one of its villians there.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-26, 05:42   Link #33
Arya

I'm watching it and it's not bad. In fact I was wondering why it is so overlooked. I don't see anything particularly bad about this show. I didn't like how phoned and fast Burkhart turned to the dark side of the force, but as a whole I didn't see nothing worst than any average show airing this season.
Ok, apparently I can't get accustomed to Athrun voice no matter what, but in this case I suppose it's just me
It kinda reminds me of Gate, but less lighthearted.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 01:30   Link #34
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I'm watching it and it's not bad. In fact I was wondering why it is so overlooked. I don't see anything particularly bad about this show. I didn't like how phoned and fast Burkhart turned to the dark side of the force, but as a whole I didn't see nothing worst than any average show airing this season.
Ok, apparently I can't get accustomed to Athrun voice no matter what, but in this case I suppose it's just me
It kinda reminds me of Gate, but less lighthearted.
I refer novel and manga of GATE, true dark fantasy with blood and gore, not light-hearted and colorful like anime version. I would love if Chain Chronicle walk to the dark story with corrupted heroes.
Old 2017-01-28, 03:26   Link #35
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
I refer novel and manga of GATE, true dark fantasy with blood and gore, not light-hearted and colorful like anime version. I would love if Chain Chronicle walk to the dark story with corrupted heroes.
Don't be fooled by the light hearted part. There's a lot of dark stuff going on if you know where to look. In fact, here's one: The Black Knight
Old 2017-02-11, 18:42   Link #36
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am beginning to like this. The corruption is good. and the hope is bleak.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 19:47   Link #37
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I am beginning to like this. The corruption is good. and the hope is bleak.
The anime's using game events in a slightly different manner.

In the game, the Black Knight/corrupted Yuri is revealed to be from a parallel universe where Pheona and Pirika died. He came to the current universe to find a way to save them, joining this world's dark forces to do so. He also carries a Chronicle of his own, presumably taken from his world's Pheona.

Shuza is the most ruthless and ambitious of the 9 feudal lords that separately rule the Ogre world's 9 Territories, and believes it's his birthright to conquer and rule all Yggdra under him. Ingame, he's the villian once you reach the 9 Territories, since he tries to control the Chronicle and Pheona for his world domination plans. The Black Army threat and alliance makes him put aside his ambitions for the moment.

PS. Palpatine gives this episode 100/10.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 22:28   Link #38
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 22:53   Link #39
jpwong

The show is going to be 1 cour, since the last of the 3 movies hit theatres today and the TV series is just the movies that will be it for material.

As for the end card, that's Katya, one of the commanders of the magic corps army along with Velnar and Yuni, so you would have seen them in episode 4 when they duked it out at the Sage's tower.
Old 2017-02-12, 01:07   Link #40
Panzercracker

Actually, I dislike Aram to be one of main heroes, he is too annoy as brat take hero role.

Tags
harem