Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-08-11, 01:42   Link #721
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
And I think Sena's has to be after because Kirino's in it (I don't think they've met yet, right? Unless they did meet during Comiket...*doesn't remember*).
IIRC, Kirino and Sena did have met before. Didn't remember the place or any detail but I think it's where Makabe, or other guy at the computer club said that his big sister is acting weird after she saw his eroge collection, or something

If not, on the animated commentary Kirino probably won't refer Sena as "Senacchi"...
Old 2011-08-12, 01:19   Link #722
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope this is the best place to ask this: Where the heck is Seanver's Anime Blog? It disappeared from its own domain, it vanished in Wordpress, there's no sign of him in Twitter, either.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 01:33   Link #723
sleepingleo

Short story: He got tired of having to read/watch anime and novels in a scheduled fashion as if it were a job instead of it being a form of amusement, so he quit. He didnt pay the bill of his domain/hoster so his blog is no more.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:36   Link #724
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp. If that is the case, then either Himatsubushi or C.E. should try to continue with the series.
It's disappointing that someone drags everything he knows about Oreimo along with him with his decision.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 06:50   Link #725
Korsar13

anyone has a copy of summaries?
Korsar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 08:08   Link #726
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Welp. If that is the case, then either Himatsubushi or C.E. should try to continue with the series.
It's disappointing that someone drags everything he knows about Oreimo along with him with his decision.
As a fan yea it's dissappointing a source dissapears. But as a person I completely understand him, he did the summaries for his own amusment, it's not like he was getting paid for, nor he should hold any responsability at all for the expectatives his work generates; he did this the summaries because he wanted to, and he can quit in the very instant he wants to.

When something you found fun becomes a job with zero pay and much of the retribution you recieve is hordes of trolls posting in your site "MY SUMMARIES FUCKING WHERE!!!!" i think it's time to stop.

In any case, instead of boarding the train of thought "za bastard quit, he should fk himself" (not pointing anyone in particular but the trolls i've seen around), the correct train is "thanks in first place for your work that made people appreciate a good book, godspeed in your future projects".
Old 2011-08-14, 02:55   Link #727
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
there's no sign of him in Twitter, either.
uhm, i think he's less active in twitter lately. before the blog closed down, he gave a google plus page.

however, he still have a twitter account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsar13 View Post
someone is kind enough to offer us this.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 02:59   Link #728
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
I really can't say it's "dragging things done" since he was paying for the upkeep. I mean, it's not like he actively deleted what he had on his blog (unlike what occasionally happens in Japan or Korea)
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 17:28   Link #729
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsar13 View Post
he has a new site http://seanveranime.wordpress.com/

if you want to read them later, i advise you to copy and past it.
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 19:35   Link #730
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
isn't that the same as the DVD box insert? CE translations has it. Baka-Tsuki is hosting it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
About chapter zero, I dont know if it's valid to give a link so ill tell you how to find it. Google for -chinese english translations oreimo-, you'll find it soon enough. It's a blog with brown background.

Edit: larethian beat me to it.
thank you! sorry too late, I found it

Volume 9= Short stories.. mmmm I don't know what to think

"Midnight girls' talk" and "My little sister's wedding dress" seems interesting
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-25, 22:28   Link #731
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

Both met on vol 7 at Comiket and then after talking about Meruru and having common bond, Kirino started calling Sena "Senacchi" when Kirino and Sena started talking about how idiotic their brothers and how they both told their respective brothers that they have boyfriend. And your right that Makabe said he got busted from his older sister that he had the game called "Let's do it with (heart mark) sister!" and then he was asking Kyosuke what he should do about it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
IIRC, Kirino and Sena did have met before. Didn't remember the place or any detail but I think it's where Makabe, or other guy at the computer club said that his big sister is acting weird after she saw his eroge collection, or something

If not, on the animated commentary Kirino probably won't refer Sena as "Senacchi"...

So I got my copy of vol 8 of Ore no Imouto last week and finished reading and I must say...

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Old 2011-09-07, 02:30   Link #732
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hmm I think I've been biased ever since reading the first chapter from Kirino's point of view.. but after reading the manga version... if the anime version was more like it in regards to Kirino there's no way she would've been hated as passionately. Bit of a goof up...

From what I understand the manga took a few liberties though.. how's the novel portray her? Middle ground between the anime and manga perhaps?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 02:59   Link #733
larethian

never read the manga, but no one who has read the novel hates Kirino. sometimes annoyed with some of her 'tsun' maybe, but no passionate hate.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 09:35   Link #734
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

urgg. We need more of ore no kouhai....the wait, it's agonizing!!!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 14:01   Link #735
Maugomale

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51288623.html

Anybody to translate?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 16:10   Link #736
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
「俺の妹」がこんなに丸裸なわけがない (my sister can't be this nude) official anime guidebook cover is a WTF!!? in the awesome side of the expression. O_O
Old 2011-09-10, 04:21   Link #737
type-R!

So volume 9 is out. According to some users reviews in amazon japan, this volume contains some intersting stuff.
Spoiler for some content of volume 9:
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 14:20   Link #738
Maugomale

Spoiler:

Last edited by Maugomale; 2011-09-10 at 14:39.
Old 2011-09-10, 15:17   Link #739
sleepingleo

Should i guess in the third pic that is Kyo's head inside Claris' member panties? Dude, talking about cliches.

But in the first pic, that angry-scary face next to Kirino, is that Ruri!? WTF!? Never make Ruri mad. o_o
Old 2011-09-11, 00:25   Link #740
Maugomale

AkibaBlog's article on volume 9 (some ads on the page are NSFW):

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51289515.html

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings