AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-05-09, 11:38   Link #1381
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Whoops. Sorry, brainfart. In my defense, it was early in the morning and I couldn't find that post in the SAO LN thread, as I only figured out that I was looking in the wrong thread sometime after leaving the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Some authors like to play with the readers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did
Hm, I honestly can't say if this is the case here, as it all depends on where GundamZZ heard what he did; if the source is the same (vol. 10 comments), then yes, the author is just playing around with the audience. Of course, the opposite is also true. The author could’ve very well posted something along the lines of that on his Twitter sometime prior to the bit at the end of vol. 10.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't count on KYH being the daughter of those two.

Quote:
Also, the manga has a couple of references to SAO, like showing the VR helmet to explaing how the technology improved along the years, and using Kirito hugging Asuna as an example in "how time seems to slow down for lovers"

But it's the manga version...so yeah, not a truly reliable source
Aw, that's adorable. It almost makes me want to read the AW manga... Nah.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 14:55   Link #1382
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
That's not necessarily true. When you beat an opponent of the same level you get 10 points, not all of their points.
As long as one doesn't target players with 10 points or less, nobody is kicked out of the game.
So far we haven't seen those kings playing dirty, although I don't doubt that the Yellow king probably did. With the information currently given in the show, I see Black Lotus as more of a villain than the other kings.
KYH said it - they didn't get to where they got without sacrificing a lot of other players. She also said the conditions to rise in level changed from merely collecting points as you got higher. They probably have "terminate players" in them at some point. And even if not, to get points themselves, they probably weren't that reticent. They hunted whoever they could, including players who were at the limit.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 15:30   Link #1383
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Ahh...only now I noticed that in the AW website they had a contest for original designs to Duel Avatars D:
The winning designs get to be introduced in the Novel, Comics, Game or Anime

Too bad it already ended (deadline was April 26th), I would've sent mine XD

So for the anime, we'll be seeing:
Spoiler for Winning Duel Avatars (for Anime):

Slow...I was too slow to notice this awesome event >_<
Old 2012-05-09, 16:04   Link #1384
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
That's not necessarily true. When you beat an opponent of the same level you get 10 points, not all of their points.
As long as one doesn't target players with 10 points or less, nobody is kicked out of the game.
So far we haven't seen those kings playing dirty, although I don't doubt that the Yellow king probably did. With the information currently given in the show, I see Black Lotus as more of a villain than the other kings.
I agree with your general point that not everyone they faced lost their BB program. But considering the fact that only 6 people made it to level 9, it's reasonable to assume that they had to defeat a lot of opponents, and of those opponents, I would surmise there was a considerable amount that they forced to lose BB. I'm not sure if it was the LN or anime version of the scene, but KYH mentioned how the Kings hunted down other players just so they could get to level 9.

Regardless, they didn't make a big deal out of forcing others to lose their BB. They felt no pity for players low on points that they challenged anyways in their quest for strength. But the moment that their own program is put into danger, they all just cower and hide? It's to be expected certainly, but laughable at the same time.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:17   Link #1385
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Whatever reasons you guys have for defending (or not defending) KYH's actions, the fact remains that she did a SNEAK attack on a truce/agreement that they were just going to talk. That in itself constitutes as a backstab and therefore, she's a backstabber and that's why everybody hates her. If she would've just challenged a duel, then it's a different matter.

A concrete example would be this:
-In a boxing match, after the ring has sounded, both competitors have to follow the rules not to hit the other guy or vise versa (before the bell is rung). Now, what constitute as a rule? In it's simplest terms, it is an agreement to follow the majority's wishes correct? So she broke their agreement and again, that's WHY THEY HATE HER and branded her as a traitor and backstabber capish?
Old 2012-05-09, 21:11   Link #1386
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

You have a point. It would have been better to challenge one of them after that meeting since there is no way to refuse duel requests. Essentially, it is a matter of difference of play styles. Those who want to complete and those who want to stagnate.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:45   Link #1387
Korsar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
there is no way to refuse duel requests.
members of the legion, while in the territory of legion, can reject calls for a individual duel
Old 2012-05-10, 03:18   Link #1388
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"We're equals now"
"uhh kk..."

Well, I'd admit it was kinda on the cliche side. The whole jealous side male antagonist, anguished declarations of affections and general angst with powerups permeated the skies. But it was actually fun for that very reason, led by that glorious soundtrack and I actually lol'd at Haru's long laundry list on why he sucks that would have bored Shinji Ikari.

Damn, Chiyuri's one hell of a wish fulfillment though. I mean Haru's the very definition of pathetic, but she's willing to be not judgmental?

Still, those pigtails at the end made me laugh; she sure looks nice on them and her outfit in the hospital looks suspiciously familiar. Well, off to recovery and Haru is slowly gaining confidence in this realm. 8/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 08:01   Link #1389
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
"We're equals now"
"uhh kk..."

Well, I'd admit it was kinda on the cliche side. The whole jealous side male antagonist, anguished declarations of affections and general angst with powerups permeated the skies. But it was actually fun for that very reason, led by that glorious soundtrack and I actually lol'd at Haru's long laundry list on why he sucks that would have bored Shinji Ikari.

Damn, Chiyuri's one hell of a wish fulfillment though. I mean Haru's the very definition of pathetic, but she's willing to be not judgmental?

Still, those pigtails at the end made me laugh; she sure looks nice on them and her outfit in the hospital looks suspiciously familiar. Well, off to recovery and Haru is slowly gaining confidence in this realm. 8/10
When you've got 2 hot girls gunning for you, how could you not feel confident at all?
Old 2012-05-10, 08:04   Link #1390
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
When you've got 2 hot girls gunning for you, how could you not feel confident at all?
Yeah, if those girls at the opening scene also end up gunning on Haru, I think haru will be overconfident...soon.

it ain't easy to be a pimp
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 12:17   Link #1391
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Yeah, if those girls at the opening scene also end up gunning on Haru, I think haru will be overconfident...soon.

it ain't easy to be a pimp
Yeah, the [Protagonist] status is truly an amazing thing to have

...if you're in the right story-- or else >_>
Old 2012-05-10, 16:35   Link #1392
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
In anime land they still find a reason to be miserable. Especially if you insert *they were fucking with you and loved someone else* somewhere down the line.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 18:53   Link #1393
tsunade666

Haru would be pimping mode if he is really confident about himself which I honestly didn't think will come to him because he still had problems with his appearance and physical state.
Old 2012-05-10, 18:54   Link #1394
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for scans:
Old 2012-05-10, 23:49   Link #1395
flack

Having trouble deciding which side is good and evil again.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:43   Link #1396
tsunade666

Haru is the luckiest pig ever.
Old 2012-05-11, 01:49   Link #1397
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Having trouble deciding which side is good and evil again.
IMO, neither is. Each side is simply upholding their ideals:
Status quo VS Change, or "Stagnant fake peace" VS "War for the truth".

What Kuroyukihime/Nega Nebula started was a rebellion against the laws set by the other Kings to protect their own interests.

If she hadn't done it, someone else would...just a matter of time.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:03   Link #1398
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
IMO, neither is. Each side is simply upholding their ideals:
Status quo VS Change, or "Stagnant fake peace" VS "War for the truth".

What Kuroyukihime/Nega Nebula started was a rebellion against the laws set by the other Kings to protect their own interests.

If she hadn't done it, someone else would...just a matter of time.
Actually, it's highly unlikely that the peace would end. The "Kings" would never choose to fight each other much in the same way Nuclear Powers don't fight each other. The costs way outmatch the benefits for the actions.

Though there isn't really a "good vs evil" situation. Kuroyukihime's desire to see the end just outweighs logic. The time it'd take to make lvl 10 would be better served by learning how to track server connections and hunting down the developer in real life. (But that's a world building problem)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 04:12   Link #1399
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Who's to say the developer is still in the RL or if he even exists? Don't you think the other kings investigated the matter by now?
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 07:51   Link #1400
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Who's to say the developer is still in the RL or if he even exists? Don't you think the other kings investigated the matter by now?
Who's to say that they shouldn't try.
Its like Neo would choose not to go out of Matrix, and then try to find Architect while still living his "dream life". Who's to say that after reaching lvl 10 nothings happens and it just 1 troll where architect/developer will just remove you from BS.

I don't want to point fingers, but she is the bad guy. Looks can be deceiving but don't forget what she's done.

Its like you would play some mmorpg, Lineage 2 for example. And after some time one of clanmates with keys to clan warehouse, steal all of your clan Raidboss epic drops, then Delete your clan leader/leaders accounts, and run away.
Now to get that drops sometimes HUNDREDS of people need to work together to gain it. Now 1 person says "fuck you" and spit on their work and steal the benefits for herself.

That is KYH behaviour want it or not she is a selfish B...ch.

But hey she is so moe and all that stuff so we should forgive her.
Its like some girl stab you with a kitchen knife in chest, and rather than saying WTF and trying to take her out, you say "ohhh she's so moe/cute" while bleeding to death.

And to clarify no I don't hate anyone from this series be it Chubby guy, KYH, Taku or anyone else. I just try to look with a cold eye on the story presented.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen