Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 10:37   Link #19961
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Okay...It's still better than everyone gets melted into LCL due to Charles Uso-less- Seikai-Completion-Program.
I would prefer that over Time Reset. I would prefer EVERYTHING over Time Reset. Time Reset is the biggest cop-out for a story. It makes everything useless and there was no point in watching in the end. It is the worst way to end a story.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:39   Link #19962
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
You are assuming that the dominatrix C.C. would help people. I do not see that. She has never been portrayed as some benevolent Mother Teresa in this incarnation of herself. She is selfish and cold, that is who she is now.

You're making an unjustifiable leap in logic to say she'll go out and become Mother Teresa to make up for her sins. And again, this is not about her being immortal. Understand our discussion is about C.C. losing her immortality but keeping her memories.
Ah, but your assumption that CC is currently a horrible human being is not confirmed; something drastic happened to CC's character, to make her abandon her wish to die.

Whatever she was before she had her Code sealed away, is now not necessarily relevant.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:39   Link #19963
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think that you guy's are forgeting that when C.C. gave the Geass to Lelouch,

1. she gave him a choice, to accept the contract with her or to refuse it

and

2. She did warn him that the Geass would cause him to be alone.

Its not like she forced people to have a Geass or didn't warn them, it was there own choise to accept or to walk away. And even if they accepted, they could have just stoped using the geass.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:40   Link #19964
Franckisted

Quote:
And again, this is not about her being immortal. Understand our discussion is about C.C. losing her immortality but keeping her memories.
On what is that based? Or is it just our own supposition.
And for what reason?
Old 2008-08-28, 10:41   Link #19965
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, but CC hasn't been corrupted by Geass for years. She was, back before she was an immortal, when she lived a decadent lifestyle and bent people to her will.
That was what, 10 years at best?

Then she spent hundreds of years wanting to die.

And now she finally got in touch with her true self, and found someone who understood her. Why should she give it all up now to start all over again? She had already freed herself from the "true curse" in the duration of the TV series, thanks to Lulu's intervention. The "true curse" being, of course, the inability to live happily.

What made all this happen was the human condition. The condition that made her a slave at the beginning. But the world isn't much better now in her modern universe than it was back in the middle ages. People are still people. CC's past actions could not be undone; even a memory wipe wouldn't change that. But she can do good with what she had learned.
I think we just have too different views on this. I don't see C.C as the same person as she was when she was ten. What I mean when I said untouched by geass is that the person she was that has not been affected by geass. C.C is who she is because of her experience with geass and all the years she has lived with it. CChi is someone who is still "innocent" of it and untainted if you will if only in her mind.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:41   Link #19966
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

and

Its not like she forced people to have a Geass or didn't warn them, it was there own choise to accept or to walk away. And even if they accepted, they could have just stoped using the geass.
Yeah. "Yo dude, do you want this power?"

"No."

*gets shot to death*

What alternative would you take at that moment hmm? Live or die when you DON'T know the full details of what you are actually getting.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:43   Link #19967
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Ah, but your assumption that CC is currently a horrible human being is not confirmed; something drastic happened to CC's character, to make her abandon her wish to die.

Whatever she was before she had her Code sealed away, is now not necessarily relevant.
She is a horrible human being. Mao makes her a horrible human being. Everyone before Mao makes her worse. She is selfish. Wanting to be loved after trampling on hundreds of people is selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
On what is that based? Or is it just our own supposition.
And for what reason?
It's called discussion on a hypothetical scenario.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:45   Link #19968
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
i feel much better after my initial what the hell.
@Var it makes sense if she is dying
who is dying?
Old 2008-08-28, 10:46   Link #19969
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Yeah. "Yo dude, do you want this power?"

"No."

*gets shot to death*

What alternative would you take at that moment hmm? Live or die when you DON'T know the full details of what you are actually getting.
He could have stopped using after that, but he continued using it even though she did tell him that it will become stronger. It was Lelouch's choice to use the Geass after the events in episode 1.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:47   Link #19970
Var
Banned

Quote:
He could have stopped using after that, but he continued using it even though she did tell him that it will become stronger. It was Lelouch's choice to use the Geass after the events in episode 1.
The Geass naturally increases in strength. At some point it would have become permanent and he would have been cursed with it anyway. Mao, on the other hand, had no choice at all.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:49   Link #19971
Franckisted

Quote:
She is a horrible human being. Mao makes her a horrible human being. Everyone before Mao makes her worse. She is selfish. Wanting to be loved after trampling on hundreds of people is selfish.

It's called discussion on a hypothetical scenario.

You didn't answer my question.
On what is that BASED?
It's "cool" to make supposition, but if it doesn't have any support... it's as useless as Arthur (the cat) being Lelouch brother.

Yes yes C.C. is horrible, selfish and etc...
Just go a little further than the tip of your nose. Thanks.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:50   Link #19972
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:

and

Yes but that still makes her selfish in the fact that she is basically using others to get what she wants. She is seeking advantag for herself. Even if now she wants to be loved and that was her wish all along that can still make her selfish in that all she wants is to be loved, thinking about only what she wants for herself.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:50   Link #19973
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
She was a slave girl who never had anything. She cant help if just want to be loved.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:51   Link #19974
Stretch5920

Quote:
He used it because he wanted vengence for his mother and to find out what happened to her. C.C could have told him this way back in season 1 thus preventing all the pain Lelouch has caused. She just watched him go because she didn't care and only wanted her will fulfilled.

While Lelouch is still responsible for his choices, he has made those choices because C.C refused to provide him with answers. She is a guilty onlooker and thus shares responsibility for his actions.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:51   Link #19975
darthfury78

Quote:
Lelouch, in my opinion, needs to survive and change the world he threw into chaos. He has a duty to fix it. But, the way I see it, and judging by Kallen's level of affection for Lelouch, her getting turned down would likely break her, and I doubt Lelouch could do such a thing, he could not do it with Shirley. So... really... that line confuses the shit out of me, to be honest.
He could not turn down either Kallen or Shirley because Lelouch has never experience rejection himself. He has never been in a relationship, and would not know what to do in that situation. It's possible that he was not in love with either of them. So he had to lie so that neither Shirley or Kallen would get hurt.

What bothers me is how would Lelouch react if he learns that Milly is in love with him? That's the response that I want to see. Would he accept or reject Milly's affections?

Lelouch already knows that Kaguya is in love with his Zero persona. She knew Lelouch in the past. So it would not be too hard for her to figure out that Lelouch was Zero the whole time. And she was very serious about wanting Zero as her husband. So Lelouch would not be able to say no to her. And besides, she would allow him to have other love interests because Kaguya is ok with that. Thus the fact the Lelouch was Zero would not phase her affections. Milly might react the same way. If Euphemia and Shirley were able to figure out the truth about Zero/Lelouch and still accepted him for who he is, I can't why Milly or Kaguya wouldn't do the same.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:51   Link #19976
Var
Banned

Quote:
She was a slave girl who never had anything. She cant help if just want to be loved.
We're not talking about the little girl, we're talking about the woman who is C.C. today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
You didn't answer my question.
On what is that BASED?
It's "cool" to make supposition, but if it doesn't have any support... it's as useless as Arthur (the cat) being Lelouch brother.

Yes yes C.C. is horrible, selfish and etc...
Just go a little further than the tip of your nose. Thanks.
What do you mean? The basis for this discussion is from the show itself. What we are discussing, though, is a hypothetical scenario.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:53   Link #19977
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
The Geass naturally increases in strength. At some point it would have become permanent and he would have been cursed with it anyway. Mao, on the other hand, had no choice at all.
The proplem is, we never knew why Mao was given a geass in the first place (Lelouch was given a Geass because as far as we know was part of the Britannian Family).
Old 2008-08-28, 10:54   Link #19978
Var
Banned

Quote:
The proplem is, we never knew why Mao was given a geass in the first place (Lelouch was given a Geass because as far as we know was part of the Britannian Family).
C.C. gave it to him...

Her reason was her wish.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:56   Link #19979
Stretch5920

Why bother arguing and raging over a hypothetical? If it happens then get pissed off.
Old 2008-08-28, 10:57   Link #19980
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Why bother arguing and raging over a hypothetical? If it happens then get pissed off.
I'm bored, laser's down in the lab... have nothing to do but sit around and wait for the CPA crystal to cool down.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories