Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-10, 08:00   Link #8481
Breimn

Any good illustrations?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 08:28   Link #8482
kari-no-sugata II

All the illustrations are of Julius and his party. There was a nice one when he got his sword I think. The rest seemed rather bland.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 18:13   Link #8483
kari-no-sugata II

I read through "Sophia-chan's diary". Overall, it's a bit like that time skip chapter covering 8 years of her school life though the emphasis is a bit different. Essentially we see Sophia slowly getting more and more irritated and finally her vampire nature breaking through. She now feels refreshed... until Shiro turns up for some classic vampire girl abuse including a curse that compels her to refer to Shiro as goshujin-sama. Note, this is all in a sort of diary format, so just Sophia recounting things, more or less.
Old 2019-07-12, 22:32   Link #8484
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

So I guess it’s an okay Volume them?
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-20, 06:35   Link #8485
kari-no-sugata II

FYI: official English translation of LN6 is out now.

LN6 is pretty much entirely original in terms of actual words though some aspects re-tread character/plot points from the WN, eg vampire girl training but even that is subtly different. If you enjoy the relationship between Shiro and Ariel, you'll probably like this volume a lot since we see their relationship build up slowly.

Also features Ronant going all Dances with Wolves... or rather Dances with Spiders.
Old 2019-08-20, 11:01   Link #8486
tsunade666

thanks for the heads up. I have completely forgotten this and slime English volume release because its been some time since the last one.
Old 2019-08-21, 11:14   Link #8487
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
thanks for the heads up. I have completely forgotten this and slime English volume release because its been some time since the last one.
No WN updates since last November. No updates on the anime either. Manga has been kinda slow. Most recent LN was quite a dud. But hey, at least the official translations are still coming out. It's really nice to read Shiro's crazy inner world again.
Old 2019-08-22, 21:56   Link #8488
tsunade666

I just finished the book and what a satisfying read. The is a total 100% new material. From the beginning till the end. Its also fun to see the drinking times between Ariel and White. Though I don't see a "chomp" "chomp" and maybe it was removed or pushed for later one, its still funny to see White drinks. There is also scene with weird old geezer and his training in the labyrinth. His really crazy that the parallel minds decide to ignore the weird geezer. His character development is also nice here, the book gave him more character than in the wn. His decision from searching white, to his training, to his battle with the earth dragon and meeting guliguli, to his fight against the white spiders to protect the town. Its a self reflection journey that leads him to his roots that wants to protect humanity. His also takes the young hero here because he wants to nurture the future and not because white dumps him on him. More depth there. Really like it. The development of Mera and Sophia was also highlighted in this book. Sophia also has a different interaction with White, her own self reflection and her views on the others and her in needs of mera to be beside her to support her, and vice versa with mera being making sophia his sole reason to move forward. Its also touching scene to see when Sophia drinks his blood but really, Ariel's comment of Sophia turning yandere cracks me up and also White's initial crack of lolicon views, but she corrects it later on as parental views.

Really love the volume. Great read.
Old 2019-09-02, 05:17   Link #8489
Breimn

This isnt arifureta thread.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 05:23   Link #8490
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
This isnt arifureta thread.
Damn, sorry, i misclick the link
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 00:45   Link #8491
ooPeaToo

Cover of volume 12

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 05:51   Link #8492
tsunade666

book 7 is out in english btw. Its really different now from wn.
Old 2019-12-08, 19:47   Link #8493
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooPeaToo View Post
Cover of volume 12

Images
Hopefully has a bit more Kumo than v11... which got totally panned in the online reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
book 7 is out in english btw. Its really different now from wn.
Ah, thanks for reminding me - I didn't get a notification for some reason.

Yeah it's really different, though it's good foreshadowing in a way of all the background details of the world... even if feels like it's jumping the shark at times. Next book isn't quite so different.

Perhaps the best two things about the LN is we see Shiro and Ariel's relationship develop properly (at the end of this book we basically see that they're friends now) and Shiro's big "reset" - ie having to get used to being without System support.
Old 2019-12-08, 20:44   Link #8494
tsunade666

I find it funny that in WN, she planned it to get a breakthrough but in LN she fumbled/panicked that she ended up eating it
Old 2020-02-24, 16:31   Link #8495
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

I read volume 7 already and man it’s so wholesome! I really enjoyed volume 6 with the whole lot of new content and I adore vol. 7 just as much if not more! We had LOTS of action and I’m not exactly a fan of well... just action in general,yet, it still has lots of character development specially for our Kumo and Ariel~ it was just so good to see their interactions and how they both shit on Potimas throughout the whole thing. D is just as shady and weird as always so I appreciate that. Glad to see Sophia has a less... intense relationship with Shiro (I forgot how excited I got when she finally got her name Shiraori) anyway I definitely will be getting volume 8 as soon as it comes out! I think the author did great changes to the story as while I do enjoy the WN I think the LN is indeed better in how it handles the characters.

Anyway... any news on the WN? Or the anime? I heard it’s supposed to air this year.
Old 2020-03-31, 00:54   Link #8496
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Official translation of volume 8 is finally out!!!
Old 2020-03-31, 16:11   Link #8497
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Reading Volume 8 for myself was nice. Kinda wish I didn't read it all in one night lol.

In other news, back in February Crunchyroll revealed they would be streaming the anime, but gave no timeframe besides "2020". There was also a key visual, which is nice. I had assumed this meant the anime would air in Spring (basically April), but now that we're this close and no confirmation, I guess it'll actually be out in Summer?

Images
Key Visual
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 22:52   Link #8498
tsunade666

I just finished volume 8 and its different. in details for Oni/Sasajima, they didn't go further into details on what happen to him. It was hinted and such but in WN, it was written on how he descent to madness and to be honest, I didn't like to read that part again.

I don't know how to feel about that.

The same for the relationship of Sophia and Shiro. In WN, its more of mother and daughter but here, its more of rivalry? she is still jealous a lot but its more on concerning Mera. Mera and Sophia's relationship is much more closer than in WN. Its creepily right that I agree with Ariel that they are wrong on how they raise her.

Side characters are more introduced and expanded than in WN. So I'm okay with that but Shiro is really indeed, powerless/normal/normie for whole 2 years here. She can't use easily her godly powers.
Old 2020-04-02, 08:47   Link #8499
Asuka'
Nin Nin

hachinan anime just started airing, any info about kumoko anime ?
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-18, 06:27   Link #8500
kari-no-sugata II

Was looking to see if I could get any new info about novels/anime. Found none but came across some interesting art:

Nice fan art:
Images

And what appears to be some official art:
Images

PS If you've not been following the manga, you might like to know that Ariel just officially landed

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation