AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-03, 05:25   Link #21
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Half the fans likes an identical copy of the original, and half likes something different so they won't get bored. Since we already have a really-different-to-the-manga version already, it's nice that we're getting a very similar version to the manga.

I told someone at school about a this 2nd season or series, she said 'Good, the manga is less emo' ^_^''

Yay for Kugimiya Rie for doing Al again, as much as I like her tsundere loli voice, it's nice that she's voicing Al again, so we don't just remember her as a tsundere loli.
Old 2008-12-27, 04:46   Link #22
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
I wonder will most of the songs still be done by L'Arc En Ciel? I hope so, I love their songs!
Old 2008-12-27, 06:54   Link #23
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'm rather interested in who the manga-only characters are going to be voiced by. Also, Ueda Yuji again as the Crimson Alchemist.

Let's blow things up.
Yu Kobayashi for Lan Fan! That'd be a good casting choice!
Old 2008-12-27, 07:46   Link #24
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Where will they catch up with the anime? Retelling...don't tell me from the beginning?
Old 2008-12-27, 22:08   Link #25
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

If they did tell it from the beginning I don't think that that would be smart. It may even cause a loss of interest in the anime.
Old 2008-12-28, 10:03   Link #26
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Where will they catch up with the anime? Retelling...don't tell me from the beginning?
They are not going to catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
If they did tell it from the beginning I don't think that that would be smart. It may even cause a loss of interest in the anime.
The "recap" would theoretically cover around 13 episodes and it should be different enough not to bore people. The first series made a number of changes. Right now, the manga is too popular for people to care.
Old 2009-01-03, 14:25   Link #27
karumofin

but i thought the anime was rather close to the manga up to a certain point? whats the point in doing all of that again?
Old 2009-01-03, 16:36   Link #28
Charred Knight

Their are major changes right from the begenning, for example the manga's first few arcs are much shorter since the anime expanded them. Also what happened to Shou Tucker is different.

The difference will largely be in the shortening of the story, and the removal of filler.

The Greed Arc is the one where things really start changing then after that
Old 2009-01-04, 16:43   Link #29
Who

Wasn't most of the beginning episodes in the first one filler anyway? I don't think it'd be as bad, since they'll (highly likely), cut to the chase.
Old 2009-01-04, 17:57   Link #30
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, the first episodes were filler episodes. I doubt they'll make that mistake again. I really hope that they do just cut to the chase this time.
Old 2009-01-06, 22:06   Link #31
christinemarie
Crazy One

Here's the scenario...

a) Since Conqueror of Shambala is already an ending, I don't think they would continue from this point on.

b) They will follow the manga's storyline this time around with no changes of plot. This would be the best option to do. But it would affect the previous anime's popularity.
Old 2009-01-07, 00:00   Link #32
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Newtype's out this week. Part of the scoop has been reported on 2ch.

Director: Yasuhiro Irie
Series Composition: Hiroshi Ohnogi
Character Design: Hiroki Kanno
Music: Akira Senju
Animation Production: BONES

Hopefully more news pops up soon.
Credit goes to Duckroll for posting this info on neogaf.
Old 2009-01-07, 08:21   Link #33
Mugsy
{Anime Mafia}

Send a message via AIM to Mugsy
I am very much looking toward to this new series, even though I'm only about midway through the original, but inwil be done with it twice over before April comes. I hope it's a continuation of the original and not a rehash lime the rumers I've been reading on the web, but I guess only time will tell....
Old 2009-01-07, 12:21   Link #34
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
I am very much looking toward to this new series, even though I'm only about midway through the original, but inwil be done with it twice over before April comes. I hope it's a continuation of the original and not a rehash lime the rumers I've been reading on the web, but I guess only time will tell....
when you have finished the series you will see why a reimagination might not be auch a bad idea
Old 2009-01-08, 18:00   Link #35
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Credit goes to Duckroll for posting this info on neogaf.
Same was in the new raw. Here's the page
Is there any new info on it about the anime?
Old 2009-01-09, 02:46   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
Is there any new info on it about the anime?
From what I read on 2ch, the new FMA series will be produced by BONES' D Studio, a brand new studio set up to animate the new FMA. This sorta makes sense since production supposedly started in spring last year, and back then A would have been working on Heroman (which they're still working on), B would have been busy with Xam'd and the E7 movie (probably), and C would be in the middle of Soul Eater. Even after FMA starts in April, A would still be busy with Heroman and C would probably start work on DtB2 if the rumors are true. I wonder what B Studio will be announcing next though....

I'll have my issue of Newtype by Monday I hope, so I'll do clean scans of whatever hasn't been posted yet by then. Hopefully there'll be new info to translate too.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:03   Link #37
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I can't wait either. Whether they follow the manga or not (I'm guessing probably not), I know it's gonna be kick-ass!
Old 2009-01-09, 19:30   Link #38
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

^You don't think it will? What else are they supposed to do? Please don't tell me they're going to continue where the movie left of. God forbid something like that happens. I'm really hoping for a manga adaptation.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:45   Link #39
Charred Knight

Considering that the previous director and most of the previous staff are not working on this all signs point to an adaptation of the manga particulary since the manga is almost finished.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:28   Link #40
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
^You don't think it will? What else are they supposed to do? Please don't tell me they're going to continue where the movie left of. God forbid something like that happens. I'm really hoping for a manga adaptation.
It's a manga adaptation. The director confirms it in the Gangan and Newtype interviews. It might not be a *straight* manga adaptation reboot from the start though, from the impression I'm getting. They're not revealing how the series starts yet, but it'll be bad for ratings if they start right from the beginning even if they do it faithfully because a lot of the content will have been seen before. It's also impossible to adapt ~100 chapters of FMA in 50 or so episodes, so I'm sure BONES has something smarter planned.... I hope.
Closed Thread