AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-11-04, 07:54   Link #1
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Drawing Naruto!:

• No bashing, insulting, bating, flaming or any other kind!
  • Be respectful at all times. Even when you disagree about something!
  • This is a appreciation thread. Discussions like "What if", or any discussion regarding Naruto manga events is not allowed.
  • Some criticism towards manga is ok. But overall negativity is not allowed!

Have Fun!!!

Last edited by james0246; 2014-11-06 at 09:13.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 09:18   Link #2
james0246

Also, a shout out to the various assistants Kishimoto has had over the years. Hopefully one day we will see one of your own manga in the limelight :

Takahashi Kazuhiro (高橋一浩)
Kajisa Osamu (加治佐修)
Ikemoto Mikio (池本幹雄)
Kawahara Takemi (河原武実)
Nishiya Kōichi (西屋浩一)
Tasaka Ryō (田坂亮)
Ōkubo Akira (大久保彰)
Itakura Yūichi (板倉雄一)
Murakami Masaki (村上正樹)
Satō Atsuhiro (佐藤敦弘)
Shirasaka Akio (白坂彰男)
Taira Kenji (平建史)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 09:32   Link #3
Spelt

I've been following the adventures of Naruto from around the pain arc in the anime. Which is a little more than 4 years now.

It's been a wild ride with lots of ups and down but in the end I'm glad I sticked with the series.

Thank you to everyone that has been involved in the Naruto universe!
Old 2014-11-06, 09:35   Link #4
danielevo

With all of my respect, I give thanks to Masashi Kishimoto.. Naruto will be remain in my heart forever, and i will tell my kids about a hero that never give up until the end.. YES ITS NARUTO !!!
Once again, i give big thanks to Masashi Kishimoto!! thanks thanks thanks :')
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 09:54   Link #5
Death Usagi
Banned

I have been following this series since I was very young when it was still in the early chapters in season 1. I think it was around the Chuunin exams arc. I can't believe this series finally ended after long years.

I thank Kishimoto for making this wonderful manga series and I am glad I followed this series till the end.

I am looking forward to his next work.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 09:55   Link #6
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I also give thanks to Masashi Kishimoto.

Naruto was one of the first manga series I got into, and I've always loved the ideals that it explores throughout it, and the seriousness that it uses for every arc. Thank you for the wonderful ending.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 10:05   Link #7
james0246

I first encountered Naruto sometime in 2000 while reading some forum message about a recent One Piece chapter. It wasn't until I saw the first episode of the anime, though, in late 2002 (downloaded through this website ) that I became a fan of the manga series.

We've had our ups and downs Kishimoto, but this has been a fun series with some good characters. I'll post more on favourite moments later, so far now I'll just say good job and I can't wait to see what you'll do next.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 10:42   Link #8
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I came across Naruto on YTV channel through Bionix. Dubbed with a bunch of other anime like Eureka 7. I went ahead and eventually found subtitled versions online and continued from there. Picked up the manga sometime in the early 2000's and have been continuing it since.

Though I've dropped it in the middle, and picked it back up numerous times, I really enjoyed it. I'm not one for thinking about flaws or whatever. I loved it and I'm glad I stuck by Kishimoto's work. Thanks for making the best ninja series ever.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 10:51   Link #9
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I first encountered Naruto from anime media; at that time, I really care less about shonen manga.

I don't know why at that time, I can't help deciding to follow this series until I realized it's Part II already.

Sasuke as the rival, Jiraiya and Itachi death, Minato and Kushina last moment, Obito and Nagato as Naruto seniors who shared his idiology before;

Combined with Kishimoto writings that didn't gave much information but readers should look at the detail given at name, characters action or the environment--

The reincarnation things for example. I didn't get it at first (thinking it's weird just like another reader), but after discussing it with some raw scans reader, I got better understanding and didn't feel weird anymore; I'm quite surprised they're already expecting reincarnation theme as Rinne in Rinnegan means Samsara.

Personally, I got a good reading experience and satisfied by that. I'm glad I'm reading this manga.

The ending is-- leaving me with feelings of "I want to see more of it!"

For example:

Stories about Naruto-Hinata with their children; what kind of mother Hinata is, what kind of father Naruto is. I really curious about it;
Or maybe, Naruto and Sasuke drink together while exchanging stories (about work or family), something that Hashirama and Madara couldn't achieved.

It's fun to see both students who had worst grade in their academy days now become No. 1 and No. 2 in Konoha.

Thank you, for Masashi Kishimoto, and those involved 'til our hero who never give up could reach his dream.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:01   Link #10
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Everything that kicked off my journey with Naruto: I went into my cousins house, and he said: "Have you seen this drawing of an orange ninja kid with blonde hair. It's a japanese anime like dragonball z".

Then I found Naruto around the same time I found Youtube, in 2006. Someone had posted the episodes on their and thats were me and my cousin used to watch them.

Back then a few episodes were english and the rest I watched in japanese. It was on the Chunin exams at the time and I became instantly hooked.

Then Naruto finished and Shippuden was coming, I watched a few, but by that time, I discovered the Manga, were someone had uploaded the chapters onto Youtube.

Naruto: The reason I read so many manga today.

Favourite single chapter: Unveiling the face of Pain

Favourite moment: Pain invasion
Favourite sad moment: When Jiraiya died, all i thought was "How will Naruto take this"
Favourite character: Uchiha Itachi
Favourite justu: Flying Hiraishin (because of the games lol)

Worst moment/Thing I'd like to not remember: Obito being Tobi

It's Showtime

Last edited by sasuke2007; 2014-11-06 at 11:07. Reason: more
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 11:03   Link #11
The Green One

Thanks man for destroying your life by keeping up with a weekly release manga for FIFTEEN FREAKING YEARS. Props to that, that schedule had to have been murder. You'll be a legend.

Thanks for sharing your life's work with us.

Last edited by The Green One; 2014-11-06 at 11:21.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 13:01   Link #12
itachi-san314

Thanks Kishi! and continued support through the future! (unless it's a baseball manga)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:35   Link #13
ranchan13

Favourite single chapter: Chapter 498, Mom's Red Hair. That moment when Naruto embraces his mother, all the feels

Favourite moment: Hinata's Confession. Chapter 437 pg 8 first panel. You suddenly see Hinata in the air over Pein. then later in pages 11 as she declares her willingness to die, and page 12 when you see how much the shy, timid Hinata has learned to assert herself. And then almost immediately after, Naruto watches Pein kill Hinata, goes totally berserk, and damn near releases the nine-tails.

Favourite sad moment: The 3rd Hokage's funeral. Admit it, you all thought of him the same as you thought of Dumbledore in Harry Potter. It really did mark a major change in the series as it was the turning point to the village fully accepting Naruto as one of them.

Favourite character: Hyuuga Hinata. She is the character her showed the most growth throughout the series. I feel it's because her change was gradual, and felt more real.

Favourite justu: Onoki's Dust Release. Poof, gone, nice!

Worst moment/Thing I'd like to not remember: Obito being Tobi.
Almost anyone else being behind that mask would have been better. Shishui would have been better. Or my favorite option, Unnamed Ninja #6.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:30   Link #14
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

a big thanks to kishi for making this great series, given how long it was, i am glad he kept on going and brought it to its conclusion.
first proper anime naruto, anime that got me into watching anime. this series changed the outlook of ninjas. great art, world building, action, magic system. some of the greatest characters in anime ever.

this series really got me into it, even taught me some things. one of the biggest would be to never give up.

so a big thanks to kishimito and looking forward to his next work.
Old 2014-11-06, 17:24   Link #15
Random14

I'm already kind of feeling like there's a gap in my life, without any more Naruto chapters to look forward to next week. I've been following this series for... at least a decade, probably longer. Not since the beginning, but I'm pretty sure well before part 2 started (and the year of fillers that the anime had). I can't even remember when I started following this series on a weekly basis, its been such a reliable thing to look forward to almost every week of the year. It was always a thrill to see the new chapter, but yet so happy that we've seen the end of Naruto's journey, the fulfillment of his dream, seeing him grown up and saving the world, gaining the respect and love he missed while growing up as well as the dreams of his mentors.

Thank you to Masashi Kishimoto for 15 years of hard work, of ups and downs, of power-ups and triumphs to tragic deaths (still miss Jiraiya the most, but he had one of the most memorable deaths too), as well as his staff and to Shonen Jump for this series. Its been a long ride, but I'm glad I stayed until the end and was able to follow it for so long. One of the biggest (and in my opinion best, at least overall) manga series around has come to a (mostly complete) end, we've been expecting it for at least a year given the way the plot was moving, and even when it was officially announced a month or so ago, still hard to believe its over. And at a nice even 700 chapters too.

Some of my most memorable death scenes too, from the Third Hokage taking on Orochimaru and zombies to Jiraiya getting out one last message and smiling as he died. Naruto vs. Pain was great too, but possibly my favorite battle was when Naruto finally officially made friends with Kurama and reached bijuu transformation and was taking on five other bijuus and winning. That was quite a while ago, but compared to when Naruto and Gamabunta took on Gaara in Shukaku form (an epic battle) to reaching bijuu form himself, he had become the ideal jinchuuriki (well, aside from Killer Bee).

Too many favorite moments or battles or characters to name by now, its just been such a great ride. Now just to wait for the anime to catch up (and for that last movie too). I know there's probably that short story next year, but oh, Naruto's weekly serialization is at last over, still so sad and happy.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 21:08   Link #16
kona~chan
ヘタレ

few years ago i'm used for someone trolled me that naruto ending was near, now when it finally come true it's just feel so unreal to me
in the end all i can say is many thanks to Masashi Kishimoto. naruto is undoubtly a series that already become part of my youth so i'm happy for it's final and hope for best for kishimoto.
now all i hope is tite kubo, aoyama gosho and sorachi hideaki to follow him to end their series already , as for ODA we might need to wait for another decades

Favourite character:
hinata , quiet shy little princess who work hard always pleasant to see.
itachi uchiha , admit it he is very damn cool

Favourite arc:
chunin exam, the whole reason i began following this series.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 23:16   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

As of today, I read the double chapters to the finale, thus ending Naruto manga.

In my case, I did not start to pick-up the manga, until late in 2007 when the anime began the Shippuden series. I believe it was at the start of the Hidan / Kakuzu arc where I began to read the manga.

What can I say? The manga started 15 years ago, and the Naruto one-shot got published two years earlier before the manga did.

I have to be honest when I'm saying that the moment I came to reach and read the very last page of the final chapter, then I felt a sort of hollowness or vacuity in myself because I realized that this is it for Naruto's tale. Furthermore, I do understand the loads of work from Kishimoto-sensei's part at delivering each chapter week by week over the course of 15 years. And, all I have to say to Kishimoto-sensei is that your hard work and dedication paid off delivering to the readers your own vision of your work's ending that did not get compromised by anyone at Jump or its parent company, Shueisha.

That ending fulfills everything Naruto was meant to be and discussing favorite moments, then to me were:
1. Naruto vs Sasuke. Their first fateful fight before the time skip to the Shippuden era.
2. Naruto's fateful meeting with his mother.

The levels of drama delivered made me to dearly sympathize for the characters present.

Now, it's time for Kishimoto-sensei to get a well deserved break and maybe some vacations, and after that, well it depends upon sensei himself to continue his manga career or to step down in order for him to spend his time doing other hobbies and things.

As for me, all that's left is to continue watching the anime until it reaches its own fateful conclusion next year, and to watch the Naruto the Last movie to finish matters with Naruto.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 00:13   Link #18
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

2005 was when I started. I honestly thought this was a series that could go on forever. And yet here we are, near the end of 2014 and the manga is over.

9 years. It's been 9 years, but the payoff was, for me, worth it. All the stuff I didn't like and stuff I wish had been explored more still led to this one fine ending. Well done Kishimoto. Thank you for all your work!
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 06:52   Link #19
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I would to thank Kishi for all the years he had for this manga especially the great and wonderful ending. Naruto end up to someone not named Sakura is such a great plus already. And then, not only that she made Sakura end up with Sasuke too. Thank you Kishi for this!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 07:00   Link #20
Ultragunner

Now Naruto has ended (kinda ), it feels like a part of my soul has been taken away

Thank you Kishi for such a long and wonderful journey. I believe we all had a great time following the series. I enjoy every moments of the manga itself along with a (overly) robust and active fanbase whether it's a touching moment, a "rage-quit" instance or the blatantly pointless shipping war (LOL)

Once again, thank you Kishi-sensei, and I wish you all the best in the future.

P.S: perhaps we're gonna see a new series from him?