AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

View Poll Results: Heavy Object - Episode 14 (Amazon City 2) Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 26.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-15, 22:09   Link #21
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm liking this opening more than the previous.
Old 2016-01-15, 22:28   Link #22
Vaans
NEET

he episode was good and ending is funny.

I got worried about that net. Good thing Qwen blew it up on time. Honeysuckle made a wrong choice blabbing giving time to Qwen to think about his plan.

Havia realizing about the boob grabbing was funny and so is the Princess's reaction. Glad to see Ohoho-chan even for a few seconds.

Havia shouldn't be jealous about Qwen's action, he can grope his fiance's if as much as he wants. But then again, Frolaytia's large tits are more desirable.

I'm curious who the two girls, the ponytail one and the glasses one in the OP besides Ayami.

Glad to see "Ohoho"-chan again even for a few seconds.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Old 2016-01-16, 01:03   Link #23
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually get why Qwenthur nor Honeysuckle could finish the other off; they're pretty much the peas from the same pod (I seriously thought that Qwenthur has finally met his 'true rival' ). Hell I bet Honeysuckle's actions this arc and before are partly inspired by Qwenthur's heroics, and so I can even understand him doing the entire 'villain speech' since he wants to connect with Qwenthur. I can actually swallow all that despite it being textbook 'protagonist vs big bad' writing every other way.

No, what bugs me is that Honeysuckle was extremely greedy or extremely stupid. Like after he rendered Baby Magnum inoperable, ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS HIDE! But noo, he wanted to kill the pilot as well, when he could've used all that time to delay his capture for as long as possible. The battle was already won on his side at that point, but he had to try and kill the pilot which led him to meeting Qwenthur.

Anyways, glad it's the next arc now. This being in the middle of nowhere, Fiancee had next to no chance of showing up. At least Alaska is in the Kingdom's Territory that has a base, so maybe next episode? Hime and Froy are just so boring compared to her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2016-01-16, 02:12   Link #24
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
No, what bugs me is that Honeysuckle was extremely greedy or extremely stupid. Like after he rendered Baby Magnum inoperable, ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS HIDE! But noo, he wanted to kill the pilot as well, when he could've used all that time to delay his capture for as long as possible. The battle was already won on his side at that point, but he had to try and kill the pilot which led him to meeting Qwenthur.
I think he wanted to kill the Elite to prove his methods could work, it was to make the honey pot even sweeter so he could negotiate better with the Information Alliance. It was part of the whole thing about making the methods flawed enough that they need to be improved but good enough to get them interested.
Old 2016-01-16, 02:30   Link #25
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, his methods did actually work. He disabled Baby Magnum without the use of an Object, though to be fair it was already half damaged from an earlier attack of his Object. Him killing or not killing the pilot wasn't going to change that fact. Regardless I still stand by that he was really stupid or really greedy; he lost sight of his REAL 'win condition' (keep yourself hidden until the IA arrives) just so he can 'pad his resume' to the IA? That is so much risk for so little gain, and he paid dearly for it.

About the 'flaws' I believe he was talking about his research. His research on how to beat Objects without using other Objects was pretty much just a theory that has a lot of hope of it being reality. That's why he can negotiate well with the IA... they can't torture the info about his end product when his end product wasn't finished yet. They need him fully functional in order for him to complete its practical application, and that's why he thinks he has the advantage in the bargaining table with the IA. Which again further proves that he wasn't thinking correctly when he went for the Pilot Kill... he already had a favourable position, no sense risking everything just to get a slight increase there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2016-01-16, 02:58   Link #26
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess Sladder thought it wasn't enough to secure his place in the Information Union, in his defense if you're dealing with the possibility that your new host could imprison, torture and mind-probed you for your knowledge you would want to have a foolproof resume too.

Interesting enough that makes a good contrast with Qwenthur when Frolaytia talked about how he should have killed him right there and be done with it, Qwenthur replied "If it's just about us staying alive, I thought there was no need to kill Honeysuckle right then."
Old 2016-01-16, 04:39   Link #27
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so who else wanted Danger Zone playing with that fighter jet guy who himself did a remarkable feat when helping the Baby Magnum,
by flying his plane through a window of a goddamn building!!, going inside it then when out on the other side!!
dude's piloting skills might put the Object Pilots to shame!!, if Qwenthur manages to prove his humanoid shaped Objects theory, the guy should be its test pilot!!
Old 2016-01-16, 21:50   Link #28
Ab buster

It would have made more sense if the anime showed that
Spoiler for a detail from the novel:
Old 2016-01-18, 08:19   Link #29
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Who would knew that Sladder Honeysuckle has the same aim as Qwenthur by destroying Objects using unconventional means. Then again, he's a criminal and Qwenthur plus Havia managed to stop him before going to Intelligence Union.

On the other hand, it's sucks that both boys will be punished even though they did much!
Old 2016-01-18, 09:05   Link #30
entei08

It seriously makes me wonder if JC Staff even review the scenes they are making to see if it actually makes sense.

Firstly, the buildings Staccato charged into had broken windows in the novels. It just baffles me how JC Staff thought adding the glass was a good idea. Apparently supersonic jets can crash through glass unscathed. Also what's with that climb maneuver at the end there? Just seconds before Staccato said he wanted to take a route that wouldn't let him get locked on, so why fly so high above all the buildings again? The novels didn't hint at such a thing, only that he flew through a few buildings then BM was in front of him.

Then there's Quenser barely five meters away from a 500 Kg bomb going off. What.the.hell? He was in a building and had to dive down some stairs to avoid being blown to bits in the book.

Lastly Milinda's ejection countdown mysteriously changed from 700 seconds to 100. The long shot when Quenser looked back at Baby Magnum with the buildings collapsed next to it seems to indicate he was at least 500 meters away.

Honestly I hate being the "it all makes sense in the LN" guy because it inevitably annoys other people and doesn't change the fact that those aspects of the anime are immersion breaking, but I seriously hate seeing a series I like getting such treatment when at least some of the botched up stuff can be remedied with just some common sense.

Other than those scenes, overall it was a decent episode. Sladder does seem like the usual talkative villain blabbering stuff in front of the MC on screen, then again time does not slow down when people talk on screen like they do in a book so I can't really fault JC for this. At least it was clear what he was trying to do.

Sladder's motivations has always intrigued me because he is doing the same thing Quenser is doing, but he's doing it to change the world. I think if Quenser had the same idea he would certainly be more infamous with more people after his live. Right now he's just doing it to save his own skin and doesn't have any real titles like Sladder has (yet), so I guess the higher ups don't need him dead or contained right away.
Old 2016-01-18, 11:16   Link #31
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Who would knew that Sladder Honeysuckle has the same aim as Qwenthur by destroying Objects using unconventional means. Then again, he's a criminal and Qwenthur plus Havia managed to stop him before going to Intelligence Union.

On the other hand, it's sucks that both boys will be punished even though they did much!
To be specific, he wanted to show that he could destroy Objects using only their individual parts. Which is probably more reliable to replicate than Qwenthur MacGyvering it. Problem is for the most part he failed, and the only time he succeeded it when he gambled two super expensive equipment.

But if I'm not wrong, he also said it was more like a Plan B.
Old 2016-01-20, 05:34   Link #32
The 48th Ronin

I feel like we're gonna see more of that Accelerator lookalike.
Closed Thread