AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-12-10, 08:04   Link #2101
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Bewear is the MVP i agree with that. The Darkhorse is Lillie. A darkhorse is the person whose not likely but could come out of nowhere. Lana is by no means a dark horse by the definition of the word because she's number 2 behind Mallow with Lillie a VERY distant third
Lillie was the one expected to be popular in the anime because of the games, however Suiren got a boost on popularity with the anime, that's what I said.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 15:09   Link #2102
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Lillie was the one expected to be popular in the anime because of the games, however Suiren got a boost on popularity with the anime, that's what I said.
meybe she will get popular after her episode with the egg
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 21:08   Link #2103
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hmm okay then

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-12, 02:06   Link #2104
elior

Quote:
Hmm okay then
we get a new year special in december 27 so we might get preview for the upcoming episodes. i wonder what they will show in the preview beside the trails
Old 2016-12-13, 03:48   Link #2105
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
You do know that when you face the Kahunas in the grand trials they scale themselves to your level, right?

Just like the Gym leaders do they give you a challenge depending on the level you are on and never truly go full force against you. In Sun and Moon they only do so by the time you are finishing the game and in the after game so don't overthink things too much. Just because Ash passes a grand trial it doesn't mean he is E4 level at that point (especially not post Sinnoh Ash, if it had been the Ash from Sinnoh before the soft reboot in Black and White then you could have said that he truly was on the E4s level of strength).
Except , Game and Anime are two different thing.
In Anime , Gym-leader does use their Strongest pokemon against challenger.
So , If Ash goes to grand trial then Hala might use his strongest pokemon.
I think , Hala's strongest pokemon should be Hariyama since it suit him.
Old 2016-12-13, 08:49   Link #2106
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Except , Game and Anime are two different thing.
In Anime , Gym-leader does use their Strongest pokemon against challenger.
So , If Ash goes to grand trial then Hala might use his strongest pokemon.
I think , Hala's strongest pokemon should be Hariyama since it suit him.
I don't even think we should be thinking about him battling Hala for now. Let's wait till the episode airs and see what the trials are like. After all there's still a lot we don't know about Ash especially considering he has 2 Pokemon for now and possibly 3 after this weeks episode.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2016-12-13, 09:13   Link #2107
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol, I've been loving the Sun and Moon anime so much. God they finally got something right. The feel has been so different that it's just astounding.

I watched episode 6 a few days ago but forgot to comment about it here. Man, that was amazing. I think that was the most I cracked up at a Pokemon episode in like ... ever.

For me, MVP is Bewear + Mimikyu. Both of them are awesome for completely different reasons. For example, I've seen someone describe the Mimikyu in the show as a serial killer type that literally wants to obliterate Pikachu... something that has amusingly seemed to prove true so far. All that screeching metal every time it moves doesn't exactly improve its chances of actually being all cute and fluffy inside. Maybe it's actually a robot or something--but that wouldn't explain the ghost fairy type lol.

Now Bewear has just been so funny that I can't stop giggling every episode. I'm also really digging the animation--especially for that of Pikachu. Though it's honestly really strange how they completely ignored last season in terms of how close Ash and Pikachu are again, though of course, I'm not complaining. It's really funny. Pikachu's faces are great.

I agree that Suiren has been really good in the anime, good enough to make me like her a lot more than I did in-game. In game I didn't like/dislike her, it's just that she didn't have much development.

Mallow... I'm curious to see what she'll be like in the coming episodes as well... she seems like she has potential.

Now that we had the episode focused on Mamane, he seems like his anime version is going to be just as amusing as he was in the game or maybe even more. Lol, they definitely nailed the comedy this season. And it has been sort of nicely dark, so I've enjoyed that too.

I've also been curious about what they're going to do with all the trial leaders... and will be a bit peeved if they don't handle that well. I'd really prefer it if we find out later that they were the trial leaders all along, just like in season 1 of the Pokemon anime. That'd be really nice. Though... that wouldn't explain why only one of them actually wears the z ring... unless they're all just hiding their identities... But then again, that doesn't explain why they're all living with their families on the first island. Maybe, the Sun and Moon anime is actually happening a few years before the events in the game. Though, that also doesn't make sense because Lillie shouldn't even be a character in the first place if that were the case...

Lol. They could have just copied the game's storyline to make this a masterpiece, but as long as this is half as good as the game (and gets the added improved benefits of being an anime which would make it a really good experience), then I'll be satisfied, but if it fails to do that, I'll be sad. Still, I'm being pretty optimistic. They seem to have put a lot of work into this, and I think the show has a lot of potential. It's definitely very different from before and I like their experimentation. Clearly, they want to surprise everyone, not just the people who haven't played the game. This is honestly a smart move IMO as long as they do it well.

With all that said, my main point will now be made. There are many anime features that I don't mind if they adjust to suit their own interpretation of the region. But the two things that better be as good as in the game are Lillie and Team Skull. If either of those two things get worse, I'm going to scream and rant and rage for all eternity (until next season) even if I enjoy the rest of the show.

And yes, for the people that question why I care so much, YES the games were that good, that if they're worse than they were in the games because they changed stuff for the anime, then I'll get extremely pissed off, because even the PMD games have barely managed better stories than the one in Sun and Moon, and I would even argue that Sun and Moon might be better than some of the PMD stories. (I'm still not willing to say that Moon was better than Explorers of the Sky... like... no way...) Though, I'm excited for Stars (if that'll be a thing).

*takes deep breath*

Anyway, as long as Lillie is going to be a main focus eventually--one developed more so than Suiren and Mallow and everyone else--and as long as certain Team Skull characters get more development in the anime (and all other associated spoilery things), then this could be as good as some of my favorite shows. I hope that can happen. *begs kamisama*

Edit: @Idealist

Pokemon Origins had gym leaders not use Pokemon at full power. Moreover, this game is a throwback to gen 1 and the anime is as well-> pokemon will definitely be nerfed. That was an extremely important part of the game story. I expect that to remain true in the anime. You won't understand unless you play the game yourself.

That aside, trial captains aren't gym leaders. They're not only a new mechanic, but the way they do things isn't even through battling in the first place, so I think your guesses are misinformed. Since there's no battling in the first place, I don't see why they'd use their main teams in the trials.

Finally, I forgot to mention one last thing. This anime better have Acerola screen time. Lol, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Pokemon side character nearly as much.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 11:28   Link #2108
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol, I've been loving the Sun and Moon anime so much. God they finally got something right. The feel has been so different that it's just astounding.

I watched episode 6 a few days ago but forgot to comment about it here. Man, that was amazing. I think that was the most I cracked up at a Pokemon episode in like ... ever.

For me, MVP is Bewear + Mimikyu. Both of them are awesome for completely different reasons. For example, I've seen someone describe the Mimikyu in the show as a serial killer type that literally wants to obliterate Pikachu... something that has amusingly seemed to prove true so far. All that screeching metal every time it moves doesn't exactly improve its chances of actually being all cute and fluffy inside. Maybe it's actually a robot or something--but that wouldn't explain the ghost fairy type lol.

Now Bewear has just been so funny that I can't stop giggling every episode. I'm also really digging the animation--especially for that of Pikachu. Though it's honestly really strange how they completely ignored last season in terms of how close Ash and Pikachu are again, though of course, I'm not complaining. It's really funny. Pikachu's faces are great.

I agree that Suiren has been really good in the anime, good enough to make me like her a lot more than I did in-game. In game I didn't like/dislike her, it's just that she didn't have much development.

Mallow... I'm curious to see what she'll be like in the coming episodes as well... she seems like she has potential.

Now that we had the episode focused on Mamane, he seems like his anime version is going to be just as amusing as he was in the game or maybe even more. Lol, they definitely nailed the comedy this season. And it has been sort of nicely dark, so I've enjoyed that too.

I've also been curious about what they're going to do with all the trial leaders... and will be a bit peeved if they don't handle that well. I'd really prefer it if we find out later that they were the trial leaders all along, just like in season 1 of the Pokemon anime. That'd be really nice. Though... that wouldn't explain why only one of them actually wears the z ring... unless they're all just hiding their identities... But then again, that doesn't explain why they're all living with their families on the first island. Maybe, the Sun and Moon anime is actually happening a few years before the events in the game. Though, that also doesn't make sense because Lillie shouldn't even be a character in the first place if that were the case...

Lol. They could have just copied the game's storyline to make this a masterpiece, but as long as this is half as good as the game (and gets the added improved benefits of being an anime which would make it a really good experience), then I'll be satisfied, but if it fails to do that, I'll be sad. Still, I'm being pretty optimistic. They seem to have put a lot of work into this, and I think the show has a lot of potential. It's definitely very different from before and I like their experimentation. Clearly, they want to surprise everyone, not just the people who haven't played the game. This is honestly a smart move IMO as long as they do it well.

With all that said, my main point will now be made. There are many anime features that I don't mind if they adjust to suit their own interpretation of the region. But the two things that better be as good as in the game are Lillie and Team Skull. If either of those two things get worse, I'm going to scream and rant and rage for all eternity (until next season) even if I enjoy the rest of the show.

And yes, for the people that question why I care so much, YES the games were that good, that if they're worse than they were in the games because they changed stuff for the anime, then I'll get extremely pissed off, because even the PMD games have barely managed better stories than the one in Sun and Moon, and I would even argue that Sun and Moon might be better than some of the PMD stories. (I'm still not willing to say that Moon was better than Explorers of the Sky... like... no way...) Though, I'm excited for Stars (if that'll be a thing).

*takes deep breath*

Anyway, as long as Lillie is going to be a main focus eventually--one developed more so than Suiren and Mallow and everyone else--and as long as certain Team Skull characters get more development in the anime (and all other associated spoilery things), then this could be as good as some of my favorite shows. I hope that can happen. *begs kamisama*

Edit: @Idealist

Pokemon Origins had gym leaders not use Pokemon at full power. Moreover, this game is a throwback to gen 1 and the anime is as well-> pokemon will definitely be nerfed. That was an extremely important part of the game story. I expect that to remain true in the anime. You won't understand unless you play the game yourself.

That aside, trial captains aren't gym leaders. They're not only a new mechanic, but the way they do things isn't even through battling in the first place, so I think your guesses are misinformed. Since there's no battling in the first place, I don't see why they'd use their main teams in the trials.

Finally, I forgot to mention one last thing. This anime better have Acerola screen time. Lol, I don't think I've ever enjoyed a Pokemon side character nearly as much.
I agree with your rant but let's face it the game storyline would've been too good even if Ash replaces the MC in fact it would've suited him perfectly. I mean damn team rocket tryna steal Nebby also it would've just been good. Bewear and Mimikyu are great and i need to see them capture that Bewear.

These next few episodes will be important to establish how they do the Trials

Old 2016-12-13, 12:00   Link #2109
elior

Quote:
I agree with your rant but let's face it the game storyline would've been too good even if Ash replaces the MC in fact it would've suited him perfectly. I mean damn team rocket tryna steal Nebby also it would've just been good. Bewear and Mimikyu are great and i need to see them capture that Bewear.

These next few episodes will be important to establish how they do the Trials
it seem from the summery that before the trail ash will have to pass some test from hala. i wonder if it something the anime added and it will be like this with every trail or just this one
Old 2016-12-13, 12:34   Link #2110
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
it seem from the summery that before the trail ash will have to pass some test from hala. i wonder if it something the anime added and it will be like this with every trail or just this one
again we'll have to see. Though i'm still tryna see what happens with Mallow because she's far more interesting then Lillie. Though i was cracking up when she got Milotic i'm like... really

Old 2016-12-14, 02:24   Link #2111
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Spoiler for Too damn long:
Ok, we need to get a few things straight:

1) It's too early to declare any girl "best girl", we still don't even know who will stick around for most of the episodes. Also, let's not have a repeat of last season, everyone should know by now that Ash is Pokesexual.

Please let's not turn this thread into the same mess the Digimon thread has become, please, the salt and blue ball level over there is insane.

2) dniv, never mix game canon (the true canon) with anime canon, they are not and will never be set in the same universe. Also, you know, it wouldn't make any damn sense.

3) For the anime to copy the games it would first need to reboot the entire damn series and by now the Pokémon company would rather release the games on the Vita than to get rid of Ash and that damn Pikachu of his.

If they did copy the game Ash would be Hau, heck, Hau is already too much like Ash only better and more likeable somehow, maybe it's because his dream is actually much more plausible than Ash's dream. That would then lead to having to get rid of Hau for Ash and his half assed journey to reach his dream and Ash losing yet again to a newcomer (new MC).
Old 2016-12-14, 03:00   Link #2112
elior

Quote:
again we'll have to see. Though i'm still tryna see what happens with Mallow because she's far more interesting then Lillie. Though i was cracking up when she got Milotic i'm like... really
what do you think they will show in the upcoming episodes preview during the special in December 27 besides the trails of course?
Old 2016-12-14, 07:31   Link #2113
Random14

Funny enough even the Pokemon girls can barely get his attention sometimes (way, way back with Bayleaf, not to mention Latias).

After the first ten or so episodes we'll probably have a better idea of what the show will be like. So far they're still doing character introduction episodes. Before the series started I expected Lillie or Mallow to be relatively prominent. Instead so far Lillie's been mostly a joke because of her phobia, and I instead ended up liking Lana a lot more after her episode. Which is kind of funny because game Lana is one of my less liked characters.

At least some of the new running jokes they've introduced have been pretty funny so far, Team Rocket hasn't been this funny in years.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-14, 09:05   Link #2114
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
what do you think they will show in the upcoming episodes preview during the special in December 27 besides the trails of course?
I'm guessing the trials will be huge. We'll likely see Team Skull and Hau in some form. My guess is we'll get an idea of the Pokemon too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Funny enough even the Pokemon girls can barely get his attention sometimes (way, way back with Bayleaf, not to mention Latias).

After the first ten or so episodes we'll probably have a better idea of what the show will be like. So far they're still doing character introduction episodes. Before the series started I expected Lillie or Mallow to be relatively prominent. Instead so far Lillie's been mostly a joke because of her phobia, and I instead ended up liking Lana a lot more after her episode. Which is kind of funny because game Lana is one of my less liked characters.

At least some of the new running jokes they've introduced have been pretty funny so far, Team Rocket hasn't been this funny in years.
You're right about the episodes and Lillie has been a let down. Mallow is the agreed on best girl for now but the egg is going to change that.

Team Rocket has never been this funny because Bewear adds elements you simply dont have. Idk if i want james to catch it or for it to stay wild and appear out of nowhere.

Old 2016-12-14, 18:57   Link #2115
Random14

Huh, so looks like next year's movie will be some kind of anniversary movie. The first poster has original generation Ash (probably?), Pikachu and Ho-oh flying overhead. Guess this is the year for nostalgia, we'll see how it turns out then.
Old 2016-12-15, 04:32   Link #2116
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Huh, so looks like next year's movie will be some kind of anniversary movie. The first poster has original generation Ash (probably?), Pikachu and Ho-oh flying overhead. Guess this is the year for nostalgia, we'll see how it turns out then.
They could just create an Anime special for 1st episode remake instate of making a movie out of it.
Honestly , I thought Ash graduated from Alola and came back to Pallet town since his hat was different.

Anyway , I believe Pokemon S/M is overrated and there are multiple flaws.
Such as --

1) Number of Student in Alola school
Alola school had few other student but they all just disappeared after Ash admitted in Alola school.
The entire school feels empty with just 5 student and 2 teacher! It doesn't feel like a school.
Specially when Ash attend a classroom with just 5 student .
Maybe , The anime atleast add some background character to make Alola school as crowed as a Real School .

2) Lack of Competition.

Pokemon anime has serious lack of competition even since DP series.
And I'm talking about real competition , Shoving some Rookie like Trip and Shota is not competition.
Original kento series has the most competition even though Ash never battled Gary and meet the two unknown rival .
Even Doreamon has more competition.
Honestly , Pokemon S/M anime would have more competition if Ash attend a normal classroom with many student instate of a special classroom with 5 special student .
At least , They could introduce another Class that act as a rival for Ash's class.

3) Team Rocket motto

Even since DP Series , Team Rocket just use the same motto in EVERY FREAKING EPISODE.
It became less funny and more annoying .
In original series , Team Rocket would do their motto different in every episode based on the circumstance.
That why it was funny , Here is the example-
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
But now Team Rocket motto is just some flashy animation with a giant R in every freaking episode.
It just so freaking annoying to watch it now', I don't get why The Anime need this annoying motto.
What ? The New writer think its to be a pain to writer different motto in every episode.
Well , It was harder for Takeshi Shudo Team as well but they manage it .

4) No league
Every series at least had a league for us to look forward too.
But Alola doesn't guaranty to have an actual League Tournament as Big as other regional League.
So , There is nothing to look forward too except Ash's New pokemon .

5) Lack of Realism
Original series maintain some level of Realism.
That why it was relatable to younger kids and People enjoyed it.
But New Idiots writers took over and decide to turn Pokemon into complete different world with no sense realism.
Because of that , Kids found Pokemon to be less and less relatable So they lose interest in anime.
Maybe , Writer should admit their mistake and try to make Pokemon little more realistic.
For example : Ash's father might not appear but he could mention him time to time.
After all , Don't you think its totally unrealistic that Ash never mention his father at all ? Don't you think that A 10 year old boy would be a little depress about his father never appearing during his important event ?

6) Alain glorification

Considering how screwed everything for their precious little Alain , Even a single defeat of Ash will sting .
Since Alain only had to lose to One trainer for Development , He later remain undefeated even when he faced an E4 trainer.
He didn't suffer defeat even when he DESERVED it .
So , Now it will sting to watch Ash still has lose in name in excuse of Developement WHEN HE ALREADY RECEIVE 10 TIME MORE DEVELOPMENT THEN THAT WORTHLESS PIG ALAIN .
If Writer teach kids about defeat then why does they use their precious little Alain for it .
What do they think they are teaching ?
That loser like Ash will remain loser while Winner like Alain will remain winner no matter how much they screw up.
Old 2016-12-15, 05:45   Link #2117
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
They could just create an Anime special for 1st episode remake instate of making a movie out of it.
Honestly , I thought Ash graduated from Alola and came back to Pallet town since his hat was different.

Anyway , I believe Pokemon S/M is overrated and there are multiple flaws.
Such as --

1) Number of Student in Alola school
Alola school had few other student but they all just disappeared after Ash admitted in Alola school.
The entire school feels empty with just 5 student and 2 teacher! It doesn't feel like a school.
Specially when Ash attend a classroom with just 5 student .
Maybe , The anime atleast add some background character to make Alola school as crowed as a Real School .

2) Lack of Competition.

Pokemon anime has serious lack of competition even since DP series.
And I'm talking about real competition , Shoving some Rookie like Trip and Shota is not competition.
Original kento series has the most competition even though Ash never battled Gary and meet the two unknown rival .
Even Doreamon has more competition.
Honestly , Pokemon S/M anime would have more competition if Ash attend a normal classroom with many student instate of a special classroom with 5 special student .
At least , They could introduce another Class that act as a rival for Ash's class.

3) Team Rocket motto

Even since DP Series , Team Rocket just use the same motto in EVERY FREAKING EPISODE.
It became less funny and more annoying .
In original series , Team Rocket would do their motto different in every episode based on the circumstance.
That why it was funny , Here is the example-
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
But now Team Rocket motto is just some flashy animation with a giant R in every freaking episode.
It just so freaking annoying to watch it now', I don't get why The Anime need this annoying motto.
What ? The New writer think its to be a pain to writer different motto in every episode.
Well , It was harder for Takeshi Shudo Team as well but they manage it .

4) No league
Every series at least had a league for us to look forward too.
But Alola doesn't guaranty to have an actual League Tournament as Big as other regional League.
So , There is nothing to look forward too except Ash's New pokemon .

5) Lack of Realism
Original series maintain some level of Realism.
That why it was relatable to younger kids and People enjoyed it.
But New Idiots writers took over and decide to turn Pokemon into complete different world with no sense realism.
Because of that , Kids found Pokemon to be less and less relatable So they lose interest in anime.
Maybe , Writer should admit their mistake and try to make Pokemon little more realistic.
For example : Ash's father might not appear but he could mention him time to time.
After all , Don't you think its totally unrealistic that Ash never mention his father at all ? Don't you think that A 10 year old boy would be a little depress about his father never appearing during his important event ?

6) Alain glorification

Considering how screwed everything for their precious little Alain , Even a single defeat of Ash will sting .
Since Alain only had to lose to One trainer for Development , He later remain undefeated even when he faced an E4 trainer.
He didn't suffer defeat even when he DESERVED it .
So , Now it will sting to watch Ash still has lose in name in excuse of Developement WHEN HE ALREADY RECEIVE 10 TIME MORE DEVELOPMENT THEN THAT WORTHLESS PIG ALAIN .
If Writer teach kids about defeat then why does they use their precious little Alain for it .
What do they think they are teaching ?
That loser like Ash will remain loser while Winner like Alain will remain winner no matter how much they screw up.
I agree with most of your ranting points besides 6. But then again you could make the argument Alain's defeat wasn't nearly as shady as the one Ash got in DP.
This whole region was filled with nonsense from Ash and if you really wanna say he deserved it look at Sinnoh's gyms. Kalos was a flawed series as a whole and frankly it would've been a spit on the face to have him win after this. (It's hard to tell you to get over Alain when i can't get over how nonsensical the Tobias loss was.

Now as for this new generation. It's not off to the greatest start but let's give it a bit more time.

Old 2016-12-15, 07:34   Link #2118
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
<Snip>
Dude, its only six episodes into the season, just wait until we get passed the first trials before you come up with a thesis about this.

For right now, its a different take on this series that has been going on for a very long time and its linear path. For me, somebody that causally watch Pokémon from time to time, I am enjoyed it right now because its something new with Pikachu having a nasty new rival that wants to destroy him no matter what (right now, he is handling Pikachu right now), his interactions with some of his classmates and how Bewear keep on saving TR.

Give it some time before you judge this.
Old 2016-12-15, 08:04   Link #2119
elior

Quote:
I agree with most of your ranting points besides 6. But then again you could make the argument Alain's defeat wasn't nearly as shady as the one Ash got in DP.
This whole region was filled with nonsense from Ash and if you really wanna say he deserved it look at Sinnoh's gyms. Kalos was a flawed series as a whole and frankly it would've been a spit on the face to have him win after this. (It's hard to tell you to get over Alain when i can't get over how nonsensical the Tobias loss was.

Now as for this new generation. It's not off to the greatest start but let's give it a bit more time.
by episode 8 preview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUcEZNlbjI it seems we will only know if lilie or her butler will say anything about her family in the actual episode it self and from the flowers pattern of the egg i dont think it will be vulpix i say from the egg pattern it going to be Munna or a Floette
Old 2016-12-15, 09:01   Link #2120
Random14

Honestly I don't mind the lack of competition at the moment, but that's due to the Sun/Moon series still setting up. If in about... 20 episodes its settled into random filler, then it'll be awful. Like no Bewear in the most recent episode, so that's disappointing, but not like they can come up with new Bewear gags every week.

After that last League, I don't mind no League, especially with how... simplistic this version of Ash is. I think many of us are tired of the League formula by now (Ash gets to the League, wins a few preliminary battles, defeats a recurring rival, then loses to some newer rival). The last three were particularly annoying too (Tobias was overpowered and out of nowhere, Cameron was over-stupid and Alain is kind of a spotlight stealing squad).

I'm hoping the next movie will be good. The best case would be something like Stand By Me Doraemon, but I doubt they can reach that standard. Maybe something like an expanded Origins or Generations movie, but we'll see.