Notices

Old 2006-12-01, 14:15   Link #2321
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
Anubituf got 3rd?!
Only beaten by Aaeru and Mamiina...
Of course, he is pretty awesome, so it's not completely unbelievable. Just surprising.

Quote:
But more importantly, this section of the page...
Are you talking about the picture at the bottom, or did I mis something?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 21:47   Link #2322
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I am glad Aaeru won, of course, but Neviril in 9th and Rimone in 11th place is a surprise. And poor Vyura is last...

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 22:40   Link #2323
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
Anu/Gura twoshot wallpaper? I think I have a new desktop... (Para-sama and Yun certainly sweetens the deal. )
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 04:39   Link #2324
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
A teddy bear? Guragief will feel the wrath of FrankenPlush!
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 22:38   Link #2325
m000m000

Quote:
Have to say I have absolutley zero complaints about that top-5 there. And yeah, very surprising to see Anubituf up there considering the relative amount of votes the lead girls must have gotten, Mr. A's relative screentime and, well, the fact that he is a male in a show that is full of females, and where the majority of the fans most definitively are not .
Quite an achivement, though if it were me personally, I'd probably swap him out of there with either Floe or Neviril .

Also, I'll have to file a complaint somewhere about there being an Anubituf and Guragief in front of MY Qipao-Yunyun armlocking a Parapararappa in that wallpaper .

It's good to see that there's still some life left in this thread. I was myself vailing at a lack of being able to put my feelings into words after the final episode, and after that finally passed I was swallowed up by various real-life and other online issues resulting in a general cut-back on forum-reading time so I've mostly been lurking here ocassionaly since the show ended.
It's sad to say I've missed out a good deal of interesting conversations and debates in the thread that I felt like replying to, but they're probably better left for the dead by this point. Regardless, props to you guys for making this the longest AS thread that I've actually read all the way back-to-back and for being what actually got me to sign up and post here instead of just lurk .

Post-Simoun anime-watching was a bit of trouble to get started on, but after re-watching the series once more I got it out of my system enough to be able to actually think about something else for a while .

The show's I've particulary taken a stronger liking to were Saiunkoku Monogatari, which I initially glossed over because of the whole 39-episodes-filled-with-bishounens -deal, but on a friend's recommendation I went and gave the initial episodes a go, and I'm quite glad I did. Bishounens or not, the main cast is a quite likable and inoffensive bunch, and Shuurei herself is beyond awsome. Otherwise, of this new season's offerings I've taken particular Likings to Asatte no Hokou, which is just great atmospheric stuff (and you can see the backgrounds are by the same guy who was responsible for Simoun too ) with a nicely handled twist and two good leads, and, Soukou no Strain, which is pretty, err, different in atmosphere to the rest of the stuff here . But man, does S-Strain manage to keep the viewer in an iron grasp with it's pure intensity, even if the latest episode was a (much-needed)breath-releaser. If the show continues on par all the way to the end, Sara will very much be getting my vote for best Female protagonist of the year, and we've had quite a good bunch of candidates already.

Anyway enough with the OT . Hopefully we'll get yet another small spark into things in here once the PS2 game for Simoun is released at the end of the year. Well, that is assuming it won't be delayed yet again <_<.

I'd gather there hasn't really been much other news on the Simoun front other than the poll results as of late?
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 05:11   Link #2326
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
FrankenPlush
Ha, nice one! I've been wondering what to call it, and that fits perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m000m000 View Post
Post-Simoun anime-watching was a bit of trouble to get started on, but after re-watching the series once more I got it out of my system enough to be able to actually think about something else for a while .
Well done, you're on the road to recovery... Personally I've watched very little anime since Simoun ended - that's partly due to the three-dimensional world getting in the way, but a lot of it is lingering emotional burnout. It would just be too exhausting to get caught up in another series the way I was in Simoun

Quote:
Hopefully we'll get yet another small spark into things in here once the PS2 game for Simoun is released at the end of the year. Well, that is assuming it won't be delayed yet again <_<.
Funny you should mention that - Animate show it as having slipped to January. But for a wee preview, check out the genga currently being auctioned by Mandarake.

Quote:
I'd gather there hasn't really been much other news on the Simoun front other than the poll results as of late?
Not really. The first net radio CD is out, but alas, none of the usual gaijin-friendly online stores seem to be stocking it (there's one on YJ for Y4500, but IMO the seller is being greedy and deserves to be shunned). I'd buy one just for the cover! You can't really see it on the page I linked to, but Aaeru is wearing the same T-shirt as on the cover of the drama CD - the kanji on the shirt read 根性 konjō, which according to my dictionary means "guts" or "willpower". Seems just like the kind of thing Aaeru would wear...

Other than that, well the second novel is out (complete with super-shōjo-style cover). And there's a competition running on the game site where you can win stuff by listening to the net radio show, but unless you live in Japan it's probably not much use.
Old 2006-12-19, 06:42   Link #2327
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Again This Game is retarted...
According of the Gamekult Game Site
It's will out the 25th of January 2007...
I Hope that the Scenario will be good for simoun Story...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 07:22   Link #2328
JiCi

well, the new characters seem interesting:
http://www.mmv-i.net/game/ps2/simoun/character.html

Wanders who's with who...
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 12:02   Link #2329
xLinka
•MiKO

Question

Does anyone know where I can find torrents for episodes 22-26 (subbed)? I couldn't find any.
xLinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:35   Link #2330
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLinka View Post
Does anyone know where I can find torrents for episodes 22-26 (subbed)? I couldn't find any.
That's because they're not done yet. We should have 22 done soon, but 23-26 will have to wait until after the holidays.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 17:46   Link #2331
Matrim

The second chapter of the manga was scanlated, it is not bad, though Mamiina is way too angsty in the manga. I am hoping that all the hints of a future yuri affair between her and Rodo won't stay just hints.

Old 2006-12-20, 19:32   Link #2332
xLinka
•MiKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
That's because they're not done yet. We should have 22 done soon, but 23-26 will have to wait until after the holidays.
Oh, I see. Well, thx.
xLinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 20:25   Link #2333
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLinka View Post
Oh, I see. Well, thx.
If you can't bear to wait, there are always wowo's softsubs. You'll just need to grab the Freelance raws and use a player that can load external subtitle files. (Note that wowo's priority was to get subs out as fast as humanly possible (or faster, for ep25 ), so don't expect them to be as polished as the Simoun-Fans releases.)

Last edited by Simon; 2006-12-20 at 22:37.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 20:58   Link #2334
rebii

The downloads have stalled at episode 21 for a while now, have they stopped subbing? They said there would be delays, but also said 22 would be out before holidays. Great job on a fine series. BZ to all. There's a lot going on in this series, cute girls aside. one of these is the effect of combat on people. As a viet combat vet I appreciate this factor.

Last edited by rebii; 2007-01-08 at 21:04. Reason: spelling insert congratulations
rebii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 03:57   Link #2335
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebii View Post
The downloads have stalled at episode 21 for a while now, have they stopped subbing?
Nope. We're in it for the long haul.

Episode 22 is now released, and 23 is well under way.

Glad to hear your're enjoying the series.
Old 2007-01-09, 05:52   Link #2336
Skane
Anime Snark

New to this thread, and I have only read back a little bit. Currently up to Ep18, and I am kind of shocked that Aaeru got No.1 as a fan favourite, since... well... she's currently 2nd dead last on my own list.

Only Floe 'beats' her in being my most disliked character, main character.

I guess something pretty amazing happens in the later episodes that will radically change one's perception of her, huh? We'll see... if I change mine.

Oh, and who is that girl in 18th position? I recognise her from the eyecatches, but I don't seem to remember seeing her in the actual show( as of Ep18). Has she been introduced yet, or is her debut appearance later on?

My thoughts on Simoun can be read here, and is currently up to Ep16 at the time of this post. Future thoughts will be posted as I continue to watch the rest of the episodes.

Be aware that I am new to Simoun, so be gentle with the spoilers. I would like to be surprised.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-09, 06:16   Link #2337
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Can't say I'm shocked with Aaeru getting #1, I'd put her pretty high myself if I had to make a ranking. The girl at #18 is Vyura, I'm pretty sure she has been introduced before ep18, iirc she was in another squad that took over while Chor Tempest was inactive. I don't recognize #16 actually, can't find her in any character listings either. I would have expected Paraietta to be lower, I don't like her too much. And Waporif a bit higher. Funny how Kaimu isn't in the list at all (she'd be bottom of the barrel for me anyway though). :P

Last edited by Trax; 2007-01-09 at 06:45.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:25   Link #2338
fignae
floofer. floof.

The disbanded team was Chor Rubor.

And er, #16 is a spoiler. xD

Poor Kaimu!

P.S: Did anyone save the second wallpaper before it was taken down? The one that came after the Guragief/Anubituf one, I mean. I forgot to check back.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 10:23   Link #2339
Matrim

Quote:
I guess something pretty amazing happens in the later episodes that will radically change one's perception of her, huh?
Later episodes aside, most of the regular posters in this thread, myself included, seem to have liked Aaeru ever since the first several episodes. But despite being a (rather fanatical ) Aaeru fanboy, I can see that she is the type of character that can really get on the nerves of certain portion of the audience.

Old 2007-01-09, 12:53   Link #2340
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
My thoughts on Simoun can be read here, and is currently up to Ep16 at the time of this post. Future thoughts will be posted as I continue to watch the rest of the episodes.
I've been enjoying reading them so far, thanks.

(I have to say that this made me grin, after having read (and enjoyed) this review of the Worst of 2006...)

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri