AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-27, 14:36   Link #61
akigakuyuu
Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
On the idea of that "Duo" being just a codename and Duo's looking after the 1xR kid, though, I just suddenly got this mental image of Heero punching the shit out of Duo for growing his kid's hair out into a stupid braid while he was away >B|
A million times this. xD
Old 2010-06-27, 19:47   Link #62
wingzerosnuggles

akigakuyuu: Of all the characters, I'm most curious about Relena. She's not the only female featured in the OP for nothing. If "Duo" is her kid with Heero, I'm with kitsoru on Heero's reaction to the braid. xD

As for popsicle!Relena, Heero is most definitely in on it if J tech is involved. For all we know, he's frozen with her or guarding over her body. It would be irresponsible to just freeze her then leave her with out any guard just in case someone stumbled upon her. Damn, this reminds me of Sailor Moon. @_@

And hey, President Dorothy Tiberius Catalonia might not be half-bad. Demmit, I really hope Sumisawa tells us what that effing T middle initial is.

Elo: Golden trucks. xD

I think he's fronting. He's worn priest clothes for years so why not integrate the disguise into his identity? And if he is a priest, did he preside over a secret wedding between Heero and Relena ala Romeo and Juliet? I bet he lol'd through the whole ceremony.

Kitsoru: I'm with you on the Princess Aurora theories. I really hope finding out who she is will be a good pay-off and not totally lame.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 19:58   Link #63
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
akigakuyuu: Of all the characters, I'm most curious about Relena. She's not the only female featured in the OP for nothing. If "Duo" is her kid with Heero, I'm with kitsoru on Heero's reaction to the braid. xD

As for popsicle!Relena, Heero is most definitely in on it if J tech is involved. For all we know, he's frozen with her or guarding over her body. It would be irresponsible to just freeze her then leave her with out any guard just in case someone stumbled upon her. Damn, this reminds me of Sailor Moon. @_@

And hey, President Dorothy Tiberius Catalonia might not be half-bad. Demmit, I really hope Sumisawa tells us what that effing T middle initial is.

Elo: Golden trucks. xD

I think he's fronting. He's worn priest clothes for years so why not integrate the disguise into his identity? And if he is a priest, did he preside over a secret wedding between Heero and Relena ala Romeo and Juliet? I bet he lol'd through the whole ceremony.

Kitsoru: I'm with you on the Princess Aurora theories. I really hope finding out who she is will be a good pay-off and not totally lame.
Where is Dorothy's middle initial revealed to be T.?

Her golden trucks are pretty cool. LOL!

Duo has become a priest and the boy is his son. Book it.
Old 2010-06-27, 23:50   Link #64
wingzerosnuggles

It's right there in Deacon Blues's translation as well as the link one to kaijyuu_m's. Dorothy is identified as Dorothy T. Catalonia.
Old 2010-06-28, 00:23   Link #65
Elo the Blue

Quote:
It's right there in Deacon Blues's translation as well as the link one to kaijyuu_m's. Dorothy is identified as Dorothy T. Catalonia.
Need to get my eyes checked. LOL!

Wonder if her middle name has any significance.
Old 2010-06-28, 00:58   Link #66
wingzerosnuggles

Buzz from the Japanese fans c/o kaijyuu_m:

Just did the usual skimming of Japanese fansites:

1. Apparently the ladies of Aqua, English Cherries, and Nejimaki got together to read the latest Gundam Ace (at a pub of all places, LOL), and Suu of English Cherries has written about it on her blog. Not 100% sure but it sounds like the "Relena and an elderly person in conversation" part is from Gundam Evolve 07. (Source: http://bbs2.oebit.jp/suu4444/)

2. kora of the fanfic site "The edge" has written something similar on her blog. Also, she mentions that the manga artist Tokita Koichi tweeted recently that he had been requested permission to use some plot from the "Battlefield of Pacifist" manga. (Source: http://blog.gemini-aa.com/)

Hmm, do we see a pattern forming here?

I'm most excited about AQUA/Kajika Ono. She makes the most amazing Heero/Relena doujinshi:
http://da-site.net/cat/archive/index.html

Also, all the ladies mentioned in #1 are Heero/Relena doujin-ka.
Old 2010-06-28, 01:25   Link #67
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
@Kitsoru:

The term used to describe Duo was 初老. In the description 初老の男 means "a man past middle-age". Jim Breen's dictionary also states that しょろう means "age 40". Either way you look at it, he's over 40.

And I find it amusing that Tokita was contacted. He wasn't the one that wrote the scenario for the manga. But that did get me thinking if a line that Dorothy says, "I'd like to find out if General Kushrenada's and Zechs Merquise's plan to bring peace through war can actually work." will be the basis for part of this novel or not...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 03:01   Link #68
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
1. Apparently the ladies of Aqua, English Cherries, and Nejimaki got together to read the latest Gundam Ace (at a pub of all places, LOL), and Suu of English Cherries has written about it on her blog. Not 100% sure but it sounds like the "Relena and an elderly person in conversation" part is from Gundam Evolve 07. (Source: http://bbs2.oebit.jp/suu4444/)

2. kora of the fanfic site "The edge" has written something similar on her blog. Also, she mentions that the manga artist Tokita Koichi tweeted recently that he had been requested permission to use some plot from the "Battlefield of Pacifist" manga. (Source: http://blog.gemini-aa.com/)

Hmm, do we see a pattern forming here?[/I]
F*CK YES AQUA ahem >u> <U< Oh man I'm PRAYING she comes out with some new doujin due to this, that would be SO amazing.... It's already impossible enough to find her doujin. =__=

Anyway, I've watched all of Gundam Evolve (I love that episode aaa) and yeah, I had guessed that was where it came from. Since it was animated, I guess they consider it canon. Makes sense. I always loved that conversation...

Hmmm... BoP, huh? I need to get my hands on that, augh Dx I don't really know what happens in it. Interesting that they're trying to get permission to use manga material of all things, though. I guess Sumisawa's trying a little bit of everything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
@Kitsoru:

The term used to describe Duo was 初老. In the description 初老の男 means "a man past middle-age". Jim Breen's dictionary also states that しょろう means "age 40". Either way you look at it, he's over 40.

And I find it amusing that Tokita was contacted. He wasn't the one that wrote the scenario for the manga. But that did get me thinking if a line that Dorothy says, "I'd like to find out if General Kushrenada's and Zechs Merquise's plan to bring peace through war can actually work." will be the basis for part of this novel or not...
Ahhh, okay. Thanks for the clarification. It's been a loooong time, I guess.... I wonder if they'll do flashback/forwards to pieces between then and the series? I can only assume so.

Hmm... war beginning again, huh? Sounds like a way to link it in with Turn-A Gundam's 'end of timeline' scenario XD
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 03:25   Link #69
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

All of this "Duo" business made my head spin, seriously @_@
Old 2010-06-28, 09:11   Link #70
mike_s_6

Quote:
And did Duo really become a priest?
I wonder what's the chance that this scene is just a flashback? I mean the guy who raised Duo was also "Father Maxwell" right? This was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I read about that line.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 10:52   Link #71
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
I wonder what's the chance that this scene is just a flashback? I mean the guy who raised Duo was also "Father Maxwell" right? This was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I read about that line.
It can't be a flashback. The translation reads:

- A voice is heard behind Kathy, Youre just like your mother.

- Appearing was a middle aged man in black priests clothes with a young boy with long hair tied in a braid.

- The middle-aged man who appeared at random was nothing but smiles. Im Father Maxwell. The Father Maxwell who may run and but never tells a lie. And this brat with the unpleasant eyes is my son, Duo.

- The priest brings special attention to Kathy, By the way, I do hope that you brought three files with you. The three preludes are needed to awaken the Aurora Princess.

Kathy hadn't been born yet around AC 190.
Old 2010-06-28, 17:55   Link #72
Kitsoru

Not to mention he used the line "The Father Maxwell who may run and but never tells a lie."

That's Duo's line, hands down. The line he used when he met Professor G, after Father Maxwell had already died.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:11   Link #73
mike_s_6

Quote:
Not to mention he used the line "The Father Maxwell who may run and but never tells a lie."

That's Duo's line, hands down. The line he used when he met Professor G, after Father Maxwell had already died.
Oh dear I have to watch the series again. It's been a while...
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-28, 20:04   Link #74
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Oh dear I have to watch the series again. It's been a while...
That was in Episode Zero, so don't worry if you don't remember it.
Old 2010-06-28, 22:13   Link #75
Elo the Blue

Quote:
That was in Episode Zero, so don't worry if you don't remember it.
He did tell Quatre the same thing to Quatre in one of my favorite episodes "The Whereabouts of Happiness".

I just got done re-watching it for the 7th time and I've got several series I've told myself I need to watch but all this GW talk is really making me want to watch GW again.
Old 2010-06-29, 02:14   Link #76
wingzerosnuggles

You know, the cryonics got me thinking about G Gundam and what happened to Dr. Kasshu. Any chance "Princess Aurora" is someone who got dealt the death sentence but the people protested against her execution thus prompting them to have her put in frozen sleep instead? It would fit with the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale after all. xD
Old 2010-06-29, 02:48   Link #77
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
He did tell Quatre the same thing to Quatre in one of my favorite episodes "The Whereabouts of Happiness".

I just got done re-watching it for the 7th time and I've got several series I've told myself I need to watch but all this GW talk is really making me want to watch GW again.
Ahh, I totally forgot about that xD

Yeah, I'm the same. Getting through Macross Frontier, watching the end of FMA, trying to get through OTHER Gundam series... Instead I end up rewatching Wing >___>
Old 2010-06-29, 02:49   Link #78
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I will lol if Corin Nander pops up in this somewhere, somehow. :V
Old 2010-06-29, 03:01   Link #79
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Ahh, I totally forgot about that xD

Yeah, I'm the same. Getting through Macross Frontier, watching the end of FMA, trying to get through OTHER Gundam series... Instead I end up rewatching Wing >___>
LOL!

My goal is to finish X, SEED, Destiny and V before the second Unicorne episode comes out. Guess I'll listen to GW's OST when I can isntead.
Old 2010-06-29, 10:37   Link #80
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I will lol if Corin Nander pops up in this somewhere, somehow. :V
Now that you mentioned it, the "Princess Aurora" sound like a parallel to Diana of Turn A
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing