AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online: Alicization WoU - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 42.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-11-01, 22:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Sword Art Online: Alicization WoU - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Sword Art Online: Alicization WoU, Episode 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 13:08   Link #2
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Man, the only two characters we know so far that want peace are already dead.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 16:37   Link #3
Applehell

Lipia's design is waay to similar Fanatio. I kept mixing them up throughout the episode.

Surprised the Dark Knight Commander died, expected him to stick around and help engineer the destruction of the Emperor internally, so whelp.

You can already see seams of Miller's crew plans going astray with here him starting to put his psychopathic tendencies over the mission even if on the surface they seemly aligned.

Very little of Alice and Kirito in this episode. Through I supposed Asuna's appearance in Underworld will be next week.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 16:49   Link #4
Wandering Soul

Yeah, I expected the Dark Commander to later become an ally of Alice and Kirito, but I guess not.
Old 2019-11-02, 19:56   Link #5
Frontier

So we finally get our background on our new primary villain, Miller, and it turns out he's a sociopath who is obsessed with souls because he doesn't have one. Enough to where he gets off on killing people so he can see their soul, and now he gets to absorb them into himself in the Underworld. And this was all set off after he murdered his childhood friend and thought he saw her soul. Dude's probably one of the more twisted SAO villains, and that's saying something .

"Alicia." "Alice." "Alice in Wonderland." "Alicization." I'm sensing a theme here. Also, was that Ai Kayano voicing Alicia? It sounded like her...

You thought one army of goblins was bad? Well try two different sets of goblin armies .

"Ogres?" Don't you mean werewolves ?

Assassins and mages I get, but Pugilists? Seriously? Although that one pugilist girl looked surprisingly cute .

Dee definitely has one thing in common with Quinella...a propensity for showing off a lot of skin, even if she hasn't gone full nude yet. Plus, Atsuko Tanaka as a sexy mage villainess is always a treat .

It really does suck that the only two reasonable people in the Dark Territory got killed off so soon after we were introduced to them, especially since I assumed Vixur and Bercouli's dynamic would get followed up more and we'd get to see them contend with the Integrity Knights. But given they would probably have interfered with the bad guys' plan, I guess it's not surprising they got taken out so soon .

Man, poor Lipia. She tries to take out Vector to keep peace in the Dark Territory but gets choked to death and then has her dead head frozen and displayed in front of everyone, including the man she loves. At least she got to have one last moment with him before she died, making sure he knew she loved him .

What the heck did Vexur do? Did he use his immense rage at Vector to turn himself into a force of nature to destroy him mentally? Was not really clear on what happened, other then that it didn't work .

Alice and Kirito arrive to find the gate about to fall, which calls for a reunion with the other Integrity Knights...I guess the only question is when Asuna will factor into things .
Old 2019-11-03, 12:42   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways I'm not sure we needed the random fight last episode if this one was going to focus on what kind of total sociopath Miller is. Just check the boxes for a sociopath serial killer. This guy may easily grab the top spot of messed up villains. An impressive feat to be sure considering the very first arc had a psycho who trapped an incredible amount of people in a death game causing a ton of death and psychological trauma.

A shame they just introduced a pair of interesting and reasonable people just for the sake of killing them off. Give them some kind of focus last week for that purpose.

Of course even with how evil Miller is, it isn't as if the people who created this scenario are too much better. This mass murder mission was the intended course of action the whole time. That a sociopath entered the picture only somewhat changes things.

Anyways, definitely going to need to get Asuna into the picture and start working out a plan. As things stand enemies and allies are both in conflict with Kirito. Can't let the sociopath win, but can't exactly cooperate in ejecting Alice's lightcube and help this AI army goal work out either.