Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-12, 15:27   Link #8441
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Updates~!!!

Aisha's realization!

For some reason I thought Doni's authority that make mystical powers go out of control to be a troublesome authority and here Aisha's authority is also troublesome, Someone's fortune becomes another's misfortune.
From what the trouble girl said itīs quiet possible that the asian god of fortune she slayed is Bushamonten, from a quick seach I found several other gods related to fortune in asia but most of them are bound to agriculture or money. By the way, someone mention earlier that Aisha had some sort of Jaberwocky Slayer, that reminds of the Vorpal Sword of the Alice tales of Luis Carrol, what does that mean?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 16:03   Link #8442
Yami no Ou
まおう

I wonder why all of Aisha's authorities so far we're all troublesome
Old 2013-11-12, 16:12   Link #8443
Breimoon

and another harem member confirmed. Now we just have to wait for a scene with the two of them.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 17:59   Link #8444
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I can see it coming.

But I'm more looking forward to her reaction when she meets Yuri and Liliana.

Hohoh, I just imagine what would happen at that encounter.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:00   Link #8445
Forkys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Why do people always insist on Godou getting new authorities? Or learning some martial art? He's growing well enough as he is. And how he's growing... I'm proud of him. Can't wait for Vol 16! We'll be in for quite a ride, in more ways than one.
Why people wants him learn material arts? Isnīt it because, he have Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and from what said circe he should got new sword. but canīt use sword arts.Next when he is attacked humans he canīt protect himself, because he cant use his authorites except from boar. And why i want him gets new authorities, is because his authorities has many flaws and many his fights has win only because luck or with help from others. And i cant imagine haw author want Gudou fight against King of the end only with one authority and without single material arts. When king of the end is one of the strongest heretical gods (perhaps even strongest). From what we know about him is that he himsel has killed many campiones and ,,few " heretic gods. From current campiones i would have guess that old campiones have several authorities and still all of them lost to him. Then how can Godou win against him with one authority, when he wasnīt able to easily win against single heretical god or campione. And from how has been Godou few times alerted and warned about the king of the end, I would guess that godou will have to fight against him. And I would not be surprised if it would happened in a few other volumes. What would I have guessed that Godou will fight the newborn Athena (from Holy Grail) and yet somehow they (or athena only by herself) will wake up the king of the end.
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:38   Link #8446
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
Why people wants him learn material arts? Isnīt it because, he have Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi and from what said circe he should got new sword. but canīt use sword arts.Next when he is attacked humans he canīt protect himself, because he cant use his authorites except from boar. And why i want him gets new authorities, is because his authorities has many flaws and many his fights has win only because luck or with help from others. And i cant imagine haw author want Gudou fight against King of the end only with one authority and without single material arts. When king of the end is one of the strongest heretical gods (perhaps even strongest). From what we know about him is that he himsel has killed many campiones and ,,few " heretic gods. From current campiones i would have guess that old campiones have several authorities and still all of them lost to him. Then how can Godou win against him with one authority, when he wasnīt able to easily win against single heretical god or campione. And from how has been Godou few times alerted and warned about the king of the end, I would guess that godou will have to fight against him. And I would not be surprised if it would happened in a few other volumes. What would I have guessed that Godou will fight the newborn Athena (from Holy Grail) and yet somehow they (or athena only by herself) will wake up the king of the end.
Even if he learns martial art or swordmanship, it will not matter in battle between Gods and Godsslayer. Remember how Yinghuo said even Luo Hao( the strongest martial artist in the world) can not compete in martial art with war gods. Even how much you train in fighting of sword fight, it will not matter in battle of their level. That's why the Campiones have authorities.
And Godou isn't completely helpless against human either, he can fight pretty well gainst them. Just re-read vol 11.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:43   Link #8447
edrey

it all depend of the author but if i could choose it would be a authority with music, maybe orfeo.

godou and lu hao in concert
edrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:58   Link #8448
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

That, my friend, is nothing but a concert of Destruction and Mayhem.

With Lu Hao's authority, the whole place will blow to sky high is she sang to the fullest.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 18:59   Link #8449
Yami no Ou
まおう

it doesn't really matter if Godou learns martial arts or not brcause he have his Authorities to fight against a God martial arts are useless against them and about the white sword I guess its pretty much the same as that black sword given by Athena to Godou that doesn't need swordsmanship to wield
Old 2013-11-12, 20:13   Link #8450
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Wall of Texts.
Because that's just how the Campione! world works. To put it in a cynical perspective, Divinity=Stu/Sue-ness. Can you defeat a Stu with hardworks? No, you defeat Stu by using Stu-powers yourself, unless of course, you somehow managed to impose the rule of the real world into the world thus invalidating their Stu statuses. And as far as I can see, the only way to invoke the rule of the real world is by awakening Artus who is more of a reset switch to the balance between Gods and Godslayers.

Still, what's with Godou attracting so many girls? It gets boring after a while. Well, not boring, but more like annoying.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 20:37   Link #8451
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
Still, what's with Godou attracting so many girls? It gets boring after a while. Well, not boring, but more like annoying.
How can he be Godou if he is not keep attracting girls left and right. Campione kill god, Godou attract girls, its a fact of life.

By the way, any progress on his personality in this volume? Like being more honest with himself or become more aggressive in his relationship with the girls?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 20:46   Link #8452
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^

Shrugs, it's a basic thing not to add more things than necessary when you're writing. Time (wordcount) spent on getting girls attracted to him could be spent cultivating already established relationships. Comedy can be sneaked in-between of the scenes than making a scene just for the sake of (love) comedy.

Not to mention, I kind of want to see Godou actually winning genuine respect as an equal more than getting girls attracted to him (the kinds that knights and lords of the past gave to one another). Besides, that it's a fact of life that the relationship between a boy and a girl doesn't have to be romantic (that kind of thinking have driven many to severe Oneitus cases), friendship is a thing. Though I shouldn't have expected common sense to amount to anything in the 'Divine' world of Campione!.
Old 2013-11-12, 22:41   Link #8453
bakapervert
A pervert

^ I don't think the writer spent that much time on all the 'crush' Godou got. For me it looks like just one of Godou's main characteristic and slipped mainly for comedy. And its not like this part take that much space and done as a main point. As for genuine respect for equal, he already have that from all the other Campione right?
Old 2013-11-12, 22:43   Link #8454
haseo0408

Quote:
Remember how Ena was used by Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, the sword might able to do something like that with Godou if the situations demands it. Besides, remember what Padora said in The Second Tale: all of her children know how to fight since the moment of their birt as mortals, itīs just that every single has a different combat style.
Old 2013-11-12, 23:59   Link #8455
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^ I don't think the writer spent that much time on all the 'crush' Godou got. For me it looks like just one of Godou's main characteristic and slipped mainly for comedy. And its not like this part take that much space and done as a main point. As for genuine respect for equal, he already have that from all the other Campione right?
Meh, it's also cheapening the quality of the girl. The one I can accept the most was Erica really. But maybe it's just me having spent so many time with people who hates the concept of "shiping goggles" and "the harem must be fed".

No, not really. Acknowledge? Maybe. Respect as an equal? Nope. An example of one would be Petyr Baelish and Varys. When you respect each other as an equal, you do not want to anger or offend them on the basis of that respect. The closest one we got (recently, up until Uldin) is with Luo Hao but she still calls him "little brother" which also subtly shows inferiority (Doni doesn't count because he's an idiot). Of course, thanks to "shipping goggles" and "the harem must be fed"... people add her to Godou's harem instead for some reason.

Sigh, why can't these Kings and Queens acts like one for once? The closest one we got is with Uldin and Alec, and Alec is well... can't ask much seriousness from a harem series I suppose.
Old 2013-11-13, 00:21   Link #8456
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Sigh, why can't these Kings and Queens acts like one for once? The closest one we got is with Uldin and Alec, and Alec is well... can't ask much seriousness from a harem series I suppose.
How do you think these 'king' and 'queens' should act? Before they become campione, most of them is nobody with no real responsibility or subject to lead. Even their sole responsibility to kill god, its more like a hobby rather than the job for them. Real king and queen need to act responsible and honorable, because without that they will be immediately left by their subject or overthrown. These campione, no human can do that to them. When you are that strong, you do not need to conform to others expectations. Even in serious series, I don't think this Campione will act like real king or queen.
Old 2013-11-13, 00:37   Link #8457
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

No, as I saw it, they are less of a King than Robert Baratheon is. Yeah, he sucks as a King, but at least he still did something. In fact, from what I have seen, they seem more like an eccentric mercenary than actual monarch, paid by fear and golds by the mortals to fight the immortals.

In a serious work, they would have this little thing known as "consequences" but as it is, no matter what they do there are no repercussion to any of their actions. But enough of that, I have already complained about that too many times. Campione! just isn't that kind of serious of a work, unless somehow, against all odds, everything up to this point was on purpose for a steady spiral to darkness, but I won't expect much in exchange for not asking much.
Old 2013-11-13, 00:48   Link #8458
Mars Mode

Quote:
In a serious work, they would have this little thing known as "consequences"
If these dont exist in real life in a lot of cases, what makes it right to put it in a novel. Just like a work of literary can take itself seriously, it cannot take itself seriously, there are as many cases in real life of people who suffer from this "consequences" whether they have done something to merit suffering from these, to people who dont give a damn.

And in this case they have gained powers close to God, and if the Gods doesnt give a damn, why would they? They have no responsability when it has even been mentioned they arent even human to begin with. They do things how they want, after all they are the sons of Epithemeus and are Idiots by nature.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 01:04   Link #8459
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
If these dont exist in real life in a lot of cases, what makes it right to put it in a novel. Just like a work of literary can take itself seriously, it cannot take itself seriously, there are as many cases in real life of people who suffer from this "consequences" whether they have done something to merit suffering from these, to people who dont give a damn.

And in this case they have gained powers close to God, and if the Gods doesnt give a damn, why would they? They have no responsability when it has even been mentioned they arent even human to begin with. They do things how they want, after all they are the sons of Epithemeus and are Idiots by nature.
Well at the very least they fight the Heretic Gods, human society still exist thanks to them and in their own wy they act like true Kings and Queens.
Old 2013-11-13, 01:06   Link #8460
XFire
150% done

Quote:
No, as I saw it, they are less of a King than Robert Baratheon is. Yeah, he sucks as a King, but at least he still did something. In fact, from what I have seen, they seem more like an eccentric mercenary than actual monarch, paid by fear and golds by the mortals to fight the immortals.

In a serious work, they would have this little thing known as "consequences" but as it is, no matter what they do there are no repercussion to any of their actions. But enough of that, I have already complained about that too many times. Campione! just isn't that kind of serious of a work, unless somehow, against all odds, everything up to this point was on purpose for a steady spiral to darkness, but I won't expect much in exchange for not asking much.
Ok, you've missed a rather important point here. There are no consequences because there isn't anyone capable of enforcing those consequences on them. They are not referred to as "Kings" because they are fit to rule, they are called "Kings" because it is impossible to go against them.

The only people who can fight and defeat Gods as immortals are those who are born with absurd, abnormal personalities. The entire process starts with a human facing down a God in combat, a task so ridiculous Erica was absolutely terrified of the very idea. By definition, the potential Campione is someone who goes against the natural order and forces the world to conform to them. Then we get the "miracle piling upon miracle" and boom, here comes a new Campione.

Remember those fun little scenes with the Youth incarnation or Lancelots curse? That wasn't Godou being under the influence of magic, that was magic removing the influence of his "common sense" (which is fairly abnormal as it is) to reveal his real personality. The way he casually dominates the girls or starts a death match because he felt like it? That is the real Godou, the one who killed Verethragna. And no one except a god or campione has any ability to hold him accountable for his actions

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem