AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-27, 16:04   Link #2021
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Kirie's similar personality, and a similar character design gave me the impression that it is a distinct possibility. Although, with character design, given the tendency for same-face design, a resemblance may simply be Akamatsu resorting to a character template, rather than an indication of family relation.

Crack theory: Kirie and Touta are Cousins, and are both descendants of Negi Springfield. Kirie descends from Chisame, and Touta descends from Konoka. And somewhere in China, another branch of Negi's descendants are preparing to welcome a new child into the world, Chao Lingshen.

Also, there's another interesting discrepancy in this chapter:

In chapter 24, Nagumo mentions meeting Negi Springfield 20 years ago.

Yet in chapter 36, Kirie tells us that Negi has been dead for three decades.

What gives? Is this a translation error, or is this a BIG BIG hint to the real fate of Negi Springfield?

Something happened 30 years ago, that rendered Negi dead in the eyes of the world. But Negi wasn't really dead - but rather, working behind the scenes to combat something, or someone - the Mage of the Beginnings.

Perhaps.... even crazier, the Mage of the Beginnings possessed Negi 30 years ago - but Negi Springfield took precautions, and managed to create a replicate scroll containing a part of himself, in the same manner Evangeline created that scroll copy of hers that taught Negi Springfield Magia Ereba. What we saw , 20 years ago was the replica version of Negi Springfield, not the true body of Negi Springfield.

And if that's the case, it seems to suggest Eva and Fate were still working together, even after Negi's supposed death. Does then seem to suggest that Eva and Fate may still be in communication with one another, behind the scenes?
It was 20 years ago. 30 years was likely mistranslated. Nagumo's flashback was 20 years ago and Negi's tombstone says 20 years ago.
Old 2014-05-27, 19:27   Link #2022
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It was 20 years ago. 30 years was likely mistranslated. Nagumo's flashback was 20 years ago and Negi's tombstone says 20 years ago.
30 years ago isn't a mistranslation. It may have been a typing mistake. In that case it's possible CR will be informed of it and have it corrected (and also corrected in the volume version in Japan).

If not a mistake, then maybe Negi may have been considered dead to most of the world 30 years ago, while still alive and kicking (and only some specific groups and people knowing it, like the immortal hunters).
Old 2014-05-28, 01:52   Link #2023
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
Remember, this is just the first attempt she's making at ambushing Fate. That's one of the great things about Kirie's ability, as long as she avoids total petrification, she can fail as many times as she wants, but only has to succeed once. She can just keep modifying the plan on each run through.
That will only seem like a good plan until Fate stops Kirie from killing herself. Why would he do that? Because they showed him having a reaction when she did it the first time.
Old 2014-05-28, 09:48   Link #2024
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
That will only seem like a good plan until Fate stops Kirie from killing herself. Why would he do that? Because they showed him having a reaction when she did it the first time.
So, it wasn't just me thinking something was up with Fate's reaction.
Old 2014-05-28, 16:24   Link #2025
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I got that feeling too. I almost get the feeling that he will remember what happened, as an ability of an Avernicus, and prepare a countermeasure. but it's hard to say with those guys.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 17:38   Link #2026
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Really? To me it was just the reaction of someone who was seeing another person randomly taking a knife out and stabbing themself in the neck. Wouldn't it be wierder to see someone do that and not have a reaction?
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 08:45   Link #2027
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Spoiler for chapter 37:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-06-08 at 09:01.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 14:11   Link #2028
Death Usagi
Banned

Eva made Negi die? what?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 14:31   Link #2029
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Eva made Negi die? what?
Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 15:41   Link #2030
Fwarlord

So will Touta eventually join the dark side?
Old 2014-06-08, 16:11   Link #2031
Tenzen12

Of course not, Dark side doesn't have loli vampire, it doesn't have even vampire with mature charm.

Yep, dark side doesn't have enough appeal in this one.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 19:51   Link #2032
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Spoiler for chapter 37:
So basically Fate become an enemy of UQ Holder because he wants to avenge his lov.., I mean friend ?Seem legit
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 02:42   Link #2033
Lisemer

It may have been like this, right?
Spoiler for How Eva caused negi's Death:
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 02:48   Link #2034
Tenzen12

That's pretty good
Old 2014-06-09, 12:55   Link #2035
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Here lately I've been hoping that Touta never accepts ME and rejects it as a form of power at some point in the series. TBH I'm hoping he learns the Ultimate Art Kanka which is supposed to be on par with ME according to Negima. If he ever does decide to use ME I'd like to see him have a Kanka user as an enemy. But then again Kanka appears to be the long path which took Takamichi years to learn, and Asuna 20 seconds. Touta probably fits in the Asuna category now that I think of it.

Anyway about the chapter, Fate sure seemed friendly I don't remember the last time he smiled like that... Oh wait was it the time he disguised himself and lured those middle school girls from his class on a date and then gave them detention the second curfew hit? I still laugh when I think of that.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 13:36   Link #2036
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I'm in favor of Touta sealing the Magia Erebea inside himself of something like that.
Remember in Negima, Albireo said that you could make all sorts of things with the gravity. Even if Touta doesn't use magic, he might show us some great things with his blade.
Old 2014-06-09, 18:00   Link #2037
amtro
Distro

That's not going to happen. ME is Touta's ace, he's compatible with it and he progresses faster than Negi did.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 20:01   Link #2038
Tenzen12

That's not point. This is shonen, it's only natural expect gradation when it comes to protagonist power. It doesn't have anything to do with Negi. Actualy it was same.
Old 2014-06-10, 00:58   Link #2039
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
"I'm going to go look for spare Nagi's"

Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a while
Old 2014-06-11, 00:34   Link #2040
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
*lol* Sounds good to me ^_^

As to the new chapter, I hoping that we eventually get that conversation between Eva and Touta. I REALLY want Akamatsu-sensei to take the time to explore Eva's past and immortality, but I know that probably won't happen.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love