ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 13:44   Link #1022
Breimoon

damn, someone beat me on time xD aniway
Spoiler for raw:
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:10   Link #1023
Tenzen12

Damn it! So I was wrong afterall. Whatever, as long as no ship will sail around them I am fine with it. And let's be honest Negi wasn't much more then just ten years old kid. Touta has much more potencial than his grandpa also is much less Gary Stue.

Triangle Hearts - Nanoha trilogy- Force are all good. We could possibly start argue about Vivid though...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:26   Link #1024
hamadaanime

Thumbs down

i think the hero in this series is homo
disgusting
hamadaanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:47   Link #1025
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Being able to use ki makes you broken?
In addition to everything else Touta already has, you mean? Hell yeah.

Quote:
There are folk out there that hate Terry, you know.
Irrelevant. Any character out there has some people who hate them. We are talking in terms of majorities.

Quote:
Who on Earth remembers Triangle Hearts anyway? Nanoha is far more popular than it ever was. It's funny that you bring up NAnoha, since the MC of Nanoha Force got a ton of flack from certain folks, particularly the folks fromNanoFate, because he was male.
No, it's mostly because he's bland, boring, and poorly thought (much like Touta). Not all Nanoha male characters are hated (Chrono is fairly respected, and most people who aren't blind rabid shippers respect Yuuno) and Vivio, another 'sequel' protagonist, remains decently well liked.

Quote:
Again, who even remembers that?
Why does that matter? If anything, the fact the 'new' character left the others all but forgotten only furthers my point.

Quote:
i think the hero in this series is homo
I wouldn't mind that, actually. It'd be a nice new twist from most Shonen leads. But Touta seems to be, for the most part, the asexual type who is too childish to seriously think about any mature relationships.

Besides, the magazine and the editorial wouldn't let Akamatsu do it. He never could fully pull Konoka and Setsuna out of the closet, despite making it all but evident. Japanese fanboys of the Shonen audience love Shoujo Ai teasing, but recoil in disgust as soon as one of their 'waifus' is actually revealed as lesbic, and their reaction to male gay characters is even worse. Japan still has a long cultural road ahead.

A highly unlikely but still intriguing idea: What If the 'Nagi' who saved Negi and Nekane wasn't actually Nagi, but Jinbei? They look just the same, after all, and Jinbei must have been doing something somewhere at that time, and he looks powerful enough to replace Nagi (I also wonder how much of a low profile he ever kept, since not only no one ever mentioned him in Negima or lampshaded how much Negi and Nagi looked like him, but he must have had kept his skills honed through that time, or they'd have deteriorated. And that must mean he must have crossed paths with the strongest of each era).

Last edited by OverMaster; 2013-11-16 at 17:06.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 18:15   Link #1026
mechdra

Jinbei might be Nagi, Negi and Touta's ancestor. What stops him from having children? He being low profile is possible since he is someone who might work behind scene and he is also sloth. For someone who can skipped work for 2 years, it is not possible for him to be too lazy to get involved in all those crap in the magic world.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 18:57   Link #1027
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Spoiler for Ch 12 Spoilers Warning NSFW:
Oh great so another sword swinging chick. I guess I have no doubts on this person after all. :3
Old 2013-11-17, 01:53   Link #1028
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
In addition to everything else Touta already has, you mean? Hell yeah.
You're easily impressed if immortality and basic ki usage is enough for you to call someone broken.

Quote:
Irrelevant. Any character out there has some people who hate them. We are talking in terms of majorities.
I don't recall talking about majorities. It's nearly impossible to find out something like that since internet fandom is a small portion of the whole, and stuff like vocal minorities are around. I'm talking about those same vocal minorities here.

Quote:
Not all Nanoha male characters are hated (Chrono is fairly respected, and most people who aren't blind rabid shippers respect Yuuno)
Yuuno and Chrono aren't MC's, and have barely played a role in Nanoha since A's, unlike Touma.

Quote:
and Vivio, another 'sequel' protagonist, remains decently well liked.
Vivio isn't a new character, she debuted in StrikerS, remember? People got to liking her then. The fact that she's basically Nanoha the redux helps too.

Quote:
Why does that matter? If anything, the fact the 'new' character left the others all but forgotten only furthers my point.
That's a really poor example. The character in question was created nearly 100 years ago, and was forgotten soon after. There's probably very few people alive right now from that time who were fans.

I wouldn't mind that, actually. It'd be a nice new twist from most Shonen leads. But Touta seems to be, for the most part, the asexual type who is too childish to seriously think about any mature relationships.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 10:23   Link #1029
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You're easily impressed if immortality and basic ki usage is enough for you to call someone broken.
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than most Shounen leads start with. Hell, even Goku had less to work with at the start of Dragon Ball. And Touta only keeps up piling add-ons on that after the fact. So yeah. Broken.

Quote:
Yuuno and Chrono aren't MC's, and have barely played a role in Nanoha since A's, unlike Touma.
I mean they aren't hated by (most of) the fanbase just because they aren't female. Touma would be a bad addition, although more tolerable if only for not having so much panel time, even if he only had as much presence as them. So no, he's not disliked just because he's male.

Quote:
Vivio isn't a new character, she debuted in StrikerS, remember?
Um, compared to the franchise's iconic faces, most of whom debuted two seasons before that, yes, she is 'new'. And I was talking of how she's new compared to Nanoha and Fate, so my point stands.

Quote:
The character in question was created nearly 100 years ago, and was forgotten soon after. There's probably very few people alive right now from that time who were fans.
Irrelevant. I'm talking about the fans' reactions at the time, and the phenomenon of Ensemble Darkhorses taking over franchises is still as vigent now as it was back then.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:57   Link #1030
Breimoon

raw came out, can someone understand what kuroumaro says when he/she is seen?
Old 2013-11-17, 13:40   Link #1031
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
raw came out, can someone understand what kuroumaro says when he/she is seen?
Spoiler for ..:
Old 2013-11-17, 15:49   Link #1032
Zerohero

I am interested in this new chapter
particularly from 15 to 16

is there a nun
it is possible to meeting old heroine.....-)
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 15:57   Link #1033
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Spoiler for ..:
was hoping on some info why he keeps that secret seems like we will have to continue waiting
Old 2013-11-17, 17:08   Link #1034
Krono

Quote:
It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than most Shounen leads start with. Hell, even Goku had less to work with at the start of Dragon Ball. And Touta only keeps up piling add-ons on that after the fact. So yeah. Broken.
You do realize that most shounen leads have defacto immortality owing to the fact that most authors won't kill of their main character, right? All Touta's immortality does is increase the variety of unpleasant things that can befall him.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 17:18   Link #1035
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
You do realize that most shounen leads have defacto immortality owing to the fact that most authors won't kill of their main character, right? All Touta's immortality does is increase the variety of unpleasant things that can befall him.
that part in the previous ch where he was fishing using his fingers as bait was hilarious
Old 2013-11-17, 17:30   Link #1036
kagato3

Yeah immortality does next to nothing in they type of fights that UQ holder would get in to. I, m thinking death might well be preferred to haveing to wait 30 years to pass through a monsters gut.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 20:26   Link #1037
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

>Chrono
>not bland
>spends the whole season of StrikerS sitting in a chair

Anyway, Touta continues with his antics which continue to be not as fun but since I'm interested in hammer girl I'll keep reading for some chapters :3
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 01:46   Link #1038
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Most shounen leads start off totally fresh, while Touta's had some training, and immortality is hardly a new idea in a MC, i.e. Araragi and Ayumu, for example.

Quote:
I mean they aren't hated by (most of) the fanbase just because they aren't female. Touma would be a bad addition, although more tolerable if only for not having so much panel time, even if he only had as much presence as them. So no, he's not disliked just because he's male.
Yuuno and Chrono are side characters, it's pointless to compare them to a main character.

Quote:
Um, compared to the franchise's iconic faces, most of whom debuted two seasons before that, yes, she is 'new'. And I was talking of how she's new compared to Nanoha and Fate, so my point stands.
Your point? Vivio is hardly brand new, even if she hasn't been around as long as Nanoha and Fate.

Quote:
Irrelevant. I'm talking about the fans' reactions at the time, and the phenomenon of Ensemble Darkhorses taking over franchises is still as vigent now as it was back then.
This took place nearly 100 years ago, long before the Internet, how on Earth would you know how fans reacted?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 03:29   Link #1039
Voceane

I still think Kuromaru was a boy but become a girl when he become immortal. Maybe the process was made for a woman and he accidentally activate it. He still think like a boy and hope he can find a way to restore his right gender back.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 04:01   Link #1040
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I still think Kuromaru was a boy but become a girl when he become immortal. Maybe the process was made for a woman and he accidentally activate it. He still think like a boy and hope he can find a way to restore his right gender back.
this is pretty much confirmed in the scans where he says " i'm really a boy". So the theory that he is genderbent seems confirmed

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love