AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-12, 12:34   Link #1
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Hot Games @ E3

Most aren't lucky enough to goto LA and attend E3 but some of us have gaming accounts that allows us to view videos of the games that are been shown there this year. So from what you've seen so far and what are your thoughts on some the games and consoles shown at E3?

To check out some pics of the game, goto for a list of games displayed at E3. http://www.gamespot.com/e3/bydate.html

If you already have an account at gamespot, then you'll be able to watch the videos.

The Legend of Zelda ~ I enjoyed Windwaker but I am very happy to see Nintendo make a more mature looking Zelda game. Already a must-buy! Nintendo fans like me a cheering all over the world seeing this

Halo2 ~ No doubt one of the most anticipated sequels of this year and the gaming preview is making wanna dig out Halo and start practicing already. Video showed the a level (first board) that included a huge gunfight with a vehicle chase at the end ~ MasterChief even has a move that knocks aliens off those flying racers to commandeer it.. Add the cool cinematics and Halo2 looks to be every bit as good if not better than Halo 1.

Metroid Prime: Echoes ~ They already pulled this trick in the gameboy game, using a copy of Samus but it looks so much more deadly and freaky. Some really cool weapons were shown off in the video. Metroid Prime was great and it looks like this sequel is picking it up right where it left off.

Resident Evil 4 ~ I think this game is stealing the show for me! Unbelievable graphics and it's downright scary. Humans that are close to zombie-like but still retain some intelligence (brainwashed). Fights w/ GIGANTIC monsters. And that weird guy walking around and chasing Leon is downright freaky!!! I am just hoping the gameplay is as good as what I am seeing so far but RE4 is my #1 game for E3 so far.

these are the games that I've seen so far. I'll update my list as I watch more and more videos of E3...

Last edited by dragonz20; 2004-05-13 at 08:55.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 19:11   Link #2
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

this time of month each year makes a lot of people excited... there are lots of hot games coming out... GT4 and Halo 2 and Metal Gear 3.... all good... but thankfully there are other good ones... I am currently in need of updating my PS2 library.. and thankfully there are some solid ones other than Metal Gear and GT4...

Tekken 5 --> when I first read the game list and saw this I was like wtf!? I didn't even know this game was coming out or even in development... Tekken is my favorite fighting series of all time... and to see a new game is damn dirty! Tekken 4 was so/so with the new fighting elements... but Tekken 5 seems to sport better graphics and a couple of new characters...

Smash Court Pro Tennis 2 --> new tennis games always make me excited... I have Virtua Tennis 1 and 2 on the DC... and Top Spin on the Xbox... so a PS2 tennis game is what I'm missing... I'm looking for this one cuz it also looks good...
Old 2004-05-13, 00:11   Link #3
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I just saw the trailer of Zelda, Metroid and RE4!!! they are amazing, the zelda one almost made me cry! with miyamoto genius that game would be the best, I dont need anything else.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 02:56   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

yeah... I have played a bit of Wind Waker and I found it pretty good... I just saw the screen caps of the new game... and I must say it was pretty amazing... the graphics were great... seeing those images makes me want to finish Wind Waker now...

edit: found a place for the Legend of Zelda trailer... http://www.nintendo.com ... completely forgot about this one...

Last edited by Prince of Chronics; 2004-05-13 at 04:09.
Prince of Chronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 03:19   Link #5
Spooky-Electric

Metal Gear Solid 3 -- WOW! The trailer was amazing
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 03:27   Link #6
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Halo2 for PC or for Xbox!?...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 03:29   Link #7
mah_damey

whhere yall seein these trailers?
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 03:50   Link #8
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Oh I forgot... also GTA:San Andreas... i've heard it's only a rumor... but im sure it's true...
Old 2004-05-13, 04:02   Link #9
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Someone post some pictures from E3, please? I couldn't come and I want to see what's there. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 04:16   Link #10
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

check out this page for a list and coverage of the E3 games... though... I warn you... gamespot makes you sign up and pay if you want to download or stream the new trailers... but they have screens and I think previews... though I believe you can download the old Metal Gear trailer with a free basic account...
Old 2004-05-13, 07:02   Link #11
Ending

Quote:
The Legend of Zelda ~ I enjoyed Windwaker but I am very happy to see Nintendo make a more mature looking Zelda game. Already a must-buy! Nintendo fans like me a cheering all over the world seeing this
Excelent news -had already decided not to buy any "N" products until they change their kiddy-kiddy line. Hopefully it really comes out like that. (Reminds me of the adult link in Ocarina of Time.)
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 09:08   Link #12
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Half-Life2 (Counterstrike) ~ WOW is all I can say. Granted the mod they showed was a map in the original CS (de_aztec) but the graphics were 10x times better. Action seemed actually faster paced but as a counterstrike fan, I was truly impressed with this video. Reports claim that Half-life2 will ship with the CS mod and several new maps... oooo i can't wait.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles2 ~ I didn't play the most recent release but I may have to check it out and update myself on it because this game looks and plays even better from what the reports claim. You can now play with 3 friends (total of 4) and each turtle will be different in terms of strength, skills, and abilities... But the best part: the original TMNT arcade game will be unlockable somewhere in this game.

Final Fantasy XII ~ reports that the fighting engine is COMPLETELY different. Combat occurs within the game's fully 3D environment so they'll be no more sudden freeze on the screen followed with a shatter and switch to battle field mode. Action is fast paced and you basically give orders to your characters and they act accordingly once they are ready. All moves and actions occur in real time but if you need a breather, you can pause to change your orders. There is also reports of a "gambit" system for strategic battle purposes.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 09:51   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
Excelent news -had already decided not to buy any "N" products until they change their kiddy-kiddy line. Hopefully it really comes out like that. (Reminds me of the adult link in Ocarina of Time.)
I've purchased every Zelda game since the series started and like you, I also was very disappointed in the series first appearence on the GameCube. After seeing all this lovely concept art and getting my hopes up they throw out this cell shaded kiddy game.

Hopefully they won't dumb down this new Zelda game, if they did I doubt I'd ever buy another. -.-;
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 11:44   Link #14
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Someone post some pictures from E3, please? I couldn't come and I want to see what's there. >_<
I've been on E3 once... but sorry... I cant provide any photos... anyway...

Any1 here heard of this games... they were the hottest games of E3 2003..., are they released already!?
>Black and White 2
>Age of Mythology : The titans
>Full Throttle 2
>Republic : The Revolution (Already Released)
>Age of wonders : Shadow Magic
>Lords of Everquest
>Men of Valor : Vietnam
>The Movies
>RailRoad Tycoon 3
>Hidden and Dangerous 2
>Mythica
>Halo (Already released)
>Secret Weapons Over Normandy
>Warlords IV : Heroes of Etheria
>Star Wars Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy

P.S. they are all for P.C...
Old 2004-05-13, 12:29   Link #15
Ending

@ Mr. Paper

It really wasn't the graphics that spoiled it, but the ridicilously low difficulty. You sail from one place to another, then do the quest without difficulty, then you sail again, feeling more and more bored.

But yeah; have to see if this one makes it -otherwise we might be seeing one, good serie dying out because of bad management from the N's part.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 12:49   Link #16
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
check out this page for a list and coverage of the E3 games... though... I warn you... gamespot makes you sign up and pay if you want to download or stream the new trailers... but they have screens and I think previews... though I believe you can download the old Metal Gear trailer with a free basic account...
Woah thanks, there is some neat stuffs in there, too many games lol which one is good? I only check out familiar titles. Lol I saw screens from Sims 2, that looks kinda cool. EQ2 getting better too, I like the iksar it looks really cool to play. ^^

aaaa Final Fantasy Advent Children, I wish I was there!!! >_<

did you guys watch a preview?
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 13:10   Link #17
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
I'm digging the Prier avatar you got there Secca I'm loving the game.

I used to get my trailers from IGN until they went paid membership... really annoying. I usually use http://www.gametrailers.com/ .

for game trailers. It's a free site and they allow you to download or stream which ever your preference is. I suggest you check it out for the new Doom 3, Zelda, Metroid, Metal gear and other new game tailers.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-13, 23:55   Link #18
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Half-Life2 (Counterstrike) ~ WOW is all I can say. Granted the mod they showed was a map in the original CS (de_aztec) but the graphics were 10x times better. Action seemed actually faster paced but as a counterstrike fan, I was truly impressed with this video. Reports claim that Half-life2 will ship with the CS mod and several new maps... oooo i can't wait.
Yes, if HL2 can do this it'll be on to a very good thing. Half Life spawned a very impressive modding community and effectively nurtured a mod scene explosion. If they continue this trend, it can only serve to generate them even more money. I just hope they HL2 netcode is improved.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:00   Link #19
Tommy
Mr. Prince

So many games *drools* it finally pays off big time to be a gamecube owner!

Zelda
Metroid Prime 2
Resident evil 4 (by far my favorite game of the show)
Viewtiful Joe 2
Tales of Symophonia
Baten Kaitos
Star fox 2
Phantasy Star Universe

Plus all the awesome games for PS2, X-box and pc. Man this years E3 is way better then last years.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-14, 00:08   Link #20
mah_damey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
So many games *drools* it finally pays off big time to be a gamecube owner!

Zelda
Metroid Prime 2
Resident evil 4 (by far my favorite game of the show)
Viewtiful Joe 2
Tales of Symophonia
Baten Kaitos
Star fox 2
Phantasy Star Universe

Plus all the awesome games for PS2, X-box and pc. Man this years E3 is way better then last years.
Baten n Tales are gonna be so ridiculously pimp. im buying this party system juss for these two single player games.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote