AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-04-23, 18:01   Link #81
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Not to worry Sage, I think your SOTM entry is just fine. The pop-out idea works really well, as well as the vibrancy of the pink.

Yeah, the text is a bit... The bit that bugs me is the spacing of the 'M' in relation to the 'T'.
Thanks, JR. Haha, I don't like the text either but I couldn't think of anything better - not that I can think of anything better for text...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I like your Hiji sig of course, my only issue with thats its 140x high and since youre using 2 lines of text, it currently is over the forum sig limits cut it down to 120x and youre set.
I'm only using 1 line of text...unless you count the space between text and sig. So would one line of text (no spacing) and 140x be all right? I've seen people use 140x plus text, then I've seen people do it with the way you did it; that's multiple text lines on the sides and smaller sig width. I've always wondered, would text constitute 20x in itself? I'd like to have an idea of text size/measurement to make this easier. orz

Anyway, I removed the spacing but if that's still over the limit then I'll put the text on the side if that works better (...resisting changing the sig size because I'm lazy to do so...)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 18:21   Link #82
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Thanks, JR. Haha, I don't like the text either but I couldn't think of anything better - not that I can think of anything better for text...

I'm only using 1 line of text...unless you count the space between text and sig. So would one line of text (no spacing) and 140x be all right? I've seen people use 140x plus text, then I've seen people do it with the way you did it; that's multiple text lines on the sides and smaller sig width. I've always wondered, would text constitute 20x in itself? I'd like to have an idea of text size/measurement to make this easier. orz

Anyway, I removed the spacing but if that's still over the limit then I'll put the text on the side if that works better (...resisting changing the sig size because I'm lazy to do so...)
Nope even with one line of text (yes spaces count as lines) the max height can still only be 120x. If youve seen others 140x + text then theyre sigs are also over the limits. Yeah text on the side shouuld be fine like mine

I think the Hiji sig might look a bit more natural if his head wasnt moving, since its kinda...jerky...I dunno cant think of a good word I think him looking at the shooting star which is nicely animated is better then him turning.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 18:37   Link #83
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Nope even with one line of text (yes spaces count as lines) the max height can still only be 120x. If youve seen others 140x + text then theyre sigs are also over the limits. Yeah text on the side shouuld be fine like mine
...then AS is surrounded by criminals. That's why I was a bit puzzled. I thought if the text is considered as 20x, then sig + text = 160x would be all right but I guess that wasn't the equation...I was just seeing the underworld at work. Okay, will change then.

Quote:
I think the Hiji sig might look a bit more natural if his head wasnt moving, since its kinda...jerky...I dunno cant think of a good word I think him looking at the shooting star which is nicely animated is better then him turning.
Yeah, his head animation isn't the greatest because it actually consists of 2 still images and not from any animation vid. But I just like having him turn to look at me once in a while... I guess I can try speeding up the transition frames more...but you know me...too lazy. Will do with next sig.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-27, 23:23   Link #84
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Okay, couldn't help but fall for the evil side. A sig of our HakuShin villain, Chikage Kazuma.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-28, 08:02   Link #85
JRendell
Manga Addict

I'm liking it PreSage, nice work. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to animation of any kind, the frames and the layers and...oh god.

Out of curiosity, do you use PS to animate your sigs? If so, how many frames does your current sig have?
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 14:08   Link #86
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I'm liking it PreSage, nice work. I am absolutely terrible when it comes to animation of any kind, the frames and the layers and...oh god.

Out of curiosity, do you use PS to animate your sigs? If so, how many frames does your current sig have?
LOL. Thanks JR. I'm still very new to animation - only made about 5 or so animated sigs so far. This is the first time I attempted falling flowers/sakura - didn't try earlier because, like you, the number of layers to work with scared me for a while, too.

Yes, I use PS for all my animations. This current sig has 29 layers for the flowers alone but 34 in total. It's actually not as bad as it sounds, as long as you organize all your layers well - that's the key. Now if you add slicing to animation...that is scary!!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-28, 15:54   Link #87
LKK

Quote:
Now if you add slicing to animation...that is scary!!
I'm astounded that you can get a decent looking animated gif within the size limits without slicing. I don't know how you manage to do that.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 16:17   Link #88
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Okay, couldn't help but fall for the evil side. A sig of our HakuShin villain, Chikage Kazuma.

I really like it..the animation look good

Quote:
This current sig has 29 layers for the flowers alone but 34 in total.

how do you manage to make AS-safe ?
Old 2010-04-28, 21:28   Link #89
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Dang, I so failed. OTL I mis-read your question and thought you asked for layers but you were asking for frames. There are actually only 14 frames. Now that sounds better than the 29 layers, doesn't it? Sorry I mis-read your question earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I'm astounded that you can get a decent looking animated gif within the size limits without slicing. I don't know how you manage to do that.
I'm not too sure but I have found that if you play around with the dithering function, it does help with the image quality. PS gives you the option of 'no dither' (which gives the smallest file size but the image is noisier), 'diffusion' which gives you the best image quality but also largest filesize, and there's the 'pattern' which is in between - and that is what I used for my Chikage sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I really like it..the animation look good
Thanks.

Quote:

how do you manage to make AS-safe ?
The 34 layers actually only make up 14 frames. I mis-read JRendell's question earlier. So with only 14 frames, your filesize will be smaller.

EDIT: Request I did for Redoaxe before I realize that katiemirmo had already done it. Oh well.

...dang it, I should stop procrastinating. *looks at her homework*

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2010-04-28 at 22:49. Reason: save from double posting...haha
Old 2010-04-28, 22:55   Link #90
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:

They're so pretty! Great animation, I especially love the snow one

Edit: I tried to quote your latest post but for some reason I couldn't >.<
Old 2010-04-29, 11:23   Link #91
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Oh trust me the minute he appeared on screen I was like HELLLLOOOOOO NURSE!! Animation is nice, alittle choppy but still I so dont have the patience for that
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-12, 19:51   Link #92
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Oh trust me the minute he appeared on screen I was like HELLLLOOOOOO NURSE!! Animation is nice, alittle choppy but still I so dont have the patience for that
LOL. Although I tried to stop it but my fangirl mind started to push Hijikata slowly nearer to second place. To ease my guilt, I put them both as a tie for first. Yeah, the animation isn't very smooth but to make it smooth meant I had to use twice as many layers...and I didn't have the patience to do that (and don't think I'll ever have that type of patience ).

Anyway, I had 2 hours to spare so I quickly put this together. I was thinking of entering it as this month's SOTM since the girl is wearing a sailor seifuku, but it is difficult to tell so I'm not sure if it will fit the rules. That's why I posted it here instead of in the SOTM thread. What do you think? Can you tell she's wearing a school uniform?

...and I have got to start animating something else besides falling sakura...or snow...OTL

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-05-12, 20:56   Link #93
LKK

Quote:
Can you tell she's wearing a school uniform?
Sorry, but I couldn't.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 21:41   Link #94
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Sorry Presage, but I have to agree with Cyz, it could be a school uniform but it could be also be something else.
Old 2010-05-13, 17:45   Link #95
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Hmm, I kind of thought so. Well, back to the drawing board - hopefully I'll have time to put something else together later. Thanks for the feedback LKK and ganbaru. Much appreciated.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-05-13, 17:48   Link #96
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

pssst as I said to Sensei, Mai and Yasa from GH would totally fit this theme.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-10-04, 20:37   Link #97
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

First sig. I made on my return from more than a month on hiatus...dang, I feel rusty (and it wasn't that long of a hiatus either! orz). (...not that I was any good before, )

Current sig...FINALLY MADE MYSELF A YAKUMO SIG!

Also made a new avy. It's Hijikata trapped in a bottle. ...but someone thought he was a girl...maybe that's why he's so upset... I'll probably replace this avy soon with a Yakumo one.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-04, 20:50   Link #98
Suomi
Kaiba

EPIC sigs. EPIC EPIC EPIC. Batch 1 is actually my favorite, with the vampire knight ones ( ) Oooh my. Those are so lovely. -steals kaname and zero away-
I also like the picture of Itachi, though don't think the text really fits.
Old 2010-10-04, 20:58   Link #99
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
First sig. I made on my return from more than a month on hiatus...dang, I feel rusty (and it wasn't that long of a hiatus either! orz). (...not that I was any good before, )

Current sig...FINALLY MADE MYSELF A YAKUMO SIG!

Also made a new avy. It's Hijikata trapped in a bottle. ...but someone thought he was a girl...maybe that's why he's so upset... I'll probably replace this avy soon with a Yakumo one.

Awesome sig! AND IT'S HIJIKATA!!!!!!!
Old 2010-10-05, 02:56   Link #100
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

love your new update

Tags
avatars, banners, icons, signatures