AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2004-05-20, 13:24   Link #41
WillTRiker

Does anyone has saved those 2 scans SleepLessHeart posted? I totally forgot to save them to my own ISP so I could host them myself and it looks like they have been removed from where they were originally hosted

Anyone?
WillTRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 17:54   Link #42
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
I just hope they license it as soon as possible so that we can get the DVDs quicker.

But I wonder where they will start of the series, since the movie is somewhere after volume 13 and the OAV doesn't follow the manga, but instead borrows storylines from the first volumes.

I kinda hope that they disregard the OAV and start from the begining, so there will be more room for the early fights with Mara. But then again they could just as easily start right after the OAV. But they´ll probably just put it after the movie and rework the storylines from the manga as to fit with the characters introduced in the movie.
BME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-23, 22:25   Link #43
Innotech

I cant see the damned article >_ I waited to see it and I still missed it.
Someone PLEASE tell me you saved the article pictures?!
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 00:57   Link #44
arias

Isn't there anyone else out there who thinks that the manga series is unnecessarily lengthened for fanboy service? Some of the volumes are so mundane and bland that I wish the whole series can just be ended off gracefully. It's bugging me how there's no progression at all in the story o_o.. and how tons of new characters are introduced and thrown out of the picture conveniently.

The latest volume 28 even has Belldandy and Urd kissing.. -__-. Fanboy service to the extreme.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 15:18   Link #45
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
I just hope they license it as soon as possible so that we can get the DVDs quicker.

But I wonder where they will start of the series, since the movie is somewhere after volume 13 and the OAV doesn't follow the manga, but instead borrows storylines from the first volumes.

I kinda hope that they disregard the OAV and start from the begining, so there will be more room for the early fights with Mara. But then again they could just as easily start right after the OAV. But they´ll probably just put it after the movie and rework the storylines from the manga as to fit with the characters introduced in the movie.
I feel the same way. I really hope that they can just disregard the ova and movie, and create a whole now series. I don't care if the storeline changes a bit as long as Balle-chan and Peorth showing in there.
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 15:23   Link #46
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I don't know... I'm hoping to see more Megumi.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 09:25   Link #47
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Due to requests from a few users, I will post again the scan of AMG2004 TV announcement from Afternoon Magazine 5/2004.
Here is the combined scan at 100 dpi.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 19:27   Link #48
AznPmsAvenger

so it looks like there using the same style as the movie. The art is awesome for the movie and all, but i preferred the art for the ova, even if its old. My question is: will they be using the same voice cast? i would assume so, but who knows, they might not want to do it or the makers might decide to change people. In my opinion, anyone other than Inoue Kikuko as belldandy would ruin it for me. Her voice is SOOOOOOOO perfect for the part, so i hope they dont change it.
AznPmsAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 23:11   Link #49
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznPmsAvenger
so it looks like there using the same style as the movie. The art is awesome for the movie and all, but i preferred the art for the ova, even if its old. My question is: will they be using the same voice cast? i would assume so, but who knows, they might not want to do it or the makers might decide to change people. In my opinion, anyone other than Inoue Kikuko as belldandy would ruin it for me. Her voice is SOOOOOOOO perfect for the part, so i hope they dont change it.
I'm pretty sure they'd have the same voice-cast. She is Belldandy, accept no substitute!

I'm hoping for much more Peorth in the new series...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 09:39   Link #50
Ara^-^
Shikou

Question new serie of megami sama???

I've heard a rumour about a new tv serie of megami sama will start. It will take place after the oav. Is it true?
Ara^-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 15:50   Link #51
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara^-^
I've heard a rumour about a new tv serie of megami sama will start. It will take place after the oav. Is it true?
We don't know yet.

Given the near 30 volumes of the manga there is far too much material for us to accurately guess where it will start and what it will cover.
Old 2004-08-14, 19:08   Link #52
hooliganj
Team Player

The news I read said that they will be following the manga as closely as possible, which implies to me that theywill be starting over, since the OVA skipped a lot of stuff, and rearranged other stuff.

Also, since it doesn't seem to be posted here: currently slated for 26 episodes, and the director is on record as having said that if it's popular enough, he would like to do the entire run of the manga. I'll try to post back with my sources, but that will have to be later, since I'm not at my home PC right now.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 10:11   Link #53
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Due to requests from a few users, I will post again the scan of AMG2004 TV announcement from Afternoon Magazine 5/2004.
Here is the combined scan at 100 dpi.
Is the guy with the dyed hair Kosuke Fujishima or is it the guy the with the censored face?
Old 2004-08-15, 14:00   Link #54
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Is the guy with the dyed hair Kosuke Fujishima or is it the guy the with the censored face?
I think it's neither. The blonde haired guy I think is a director and the censored guy is a producer or some company representative.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 17:34   Link #55
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

What!? It's true!
I want to see Malheur, Megumi, Urd, Peorth and Chihiro. (red to volume 27 edition Pika)
I red the entire thread and saw the scan (that i don't understand).
If it's schedule for 2004 and it's not airing now, they only have four month to air it. Is there a time of the year in Japan when they tends to begin airing new anime?

Licensed it i will buy/steal it even f i don't have money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 02:09   Link #56
hooliganj
Team Player

Late September to mid-October is a big debut season, pretty much the same as in the US. I'm looking forward to Bleach and Stellvia 2, as well as Ah! Megami-sama, of course. I'm sure plenty of fans eagerly await Gundam Seed destiny, but I've never been able to dig on anything Gundam, so instead I mourn the loss of Full Metal Alchemist, who will perish to free up the time slot (j/k, I know it's ending anyway ).

Um, anyway, most common debut periods for anime or live: Late March to mid-April and late September to mid-October are when the major series premier. Late June to mid-July and late December to mid-January are when the short run shows (12-13 episodes) run out, and the midseason replacements will start then.

It used to be rarer that longer shows would start in the midseason periods, but in the last year, ROD TV began late summer, and Chrno Crusade started up in early December, among others, so it seems schedules are getting more chaotic. In general, though, you can count on a show to begin in one of the four debut periods.
Old 2004-08-16, 02:17   Link #57
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
OMG! YES!!!
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

The first anime I ever saw and loved is comming with a second season! OMG YESSSsssss!!!

It's been 5 years since then... wow....
AOforever1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 02:23   Link #58
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1
OMG! YES!!!
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

The first anime I ever saw and loved is comming with a second season! OMG YESSSsssss!!!

It's been 5 years since then... wow....
A second season would imply the existance of a first, of which there is not.

There were the five original OVAs, one movie and a series about the adventures of the 'mini-goddesses.' This will be the first season, not the second, so enjoy it.

And hooliganj, you better check your dates for those series. R.O.D. -The TV- started Octomber 15th and Chrno Crusade started mid November, around the 21st.
Old 2004-08-16, 02:40   Link #59
hooliganj
Team Player

,but it's not my fault, for once!

I remembered that ep 7 of Chrno Crusade with the second OP ran right after the new year, so you must be correct on that. I also remember finding a weird discrepency on the ROD TV dates before. I know for a fact that the raws (and shortly afterward, the fansubs) hit the net the same week as FMP fumoffu, which I thought was mid summer, but the official start date for ROD is listed as being later. Maybe a cable channel got early broadcast rights, or something?

Anyway, that doesn't invalidate any of the other info. All you're saying is that ROD's official start time was within the normal debut period. Since AMG will be at least 26 episodes, it will probably debut late September to mid-October.

... I've been working on translations too much; I had to mentally stop myself from typing tonikaku instead of anyway. Time to take a break.
Old 2004-08-16, 19:36   Link #60
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
I've seen some laminate AMS posters with random characters I've never seen. My first guess would be they're from the manga, but these posers were clearly drawn in anime rather than manga style. Confuses me, because for a while I thought the posters were from another AMS series. Unless they are? Any insight in this? I'm lost...
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote