AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 12:39   Link #1
Bisky

suggestions please

Hello fellow anime fans! I would like to ask for your help regarding anime suggestions since my search came up empty.

Genres that I prefer:
- Romance, Comedy, Action, Adventure. Better if that were combined though. I mostly like adventure anime, following a main character then meeting that special person and then they go on the adventure together and end up falling for each other. Well something like that, a perfect example would be SAO. I don't really like the mecha thing, also ecchi isn't a problem.

Here's a small list of my favorite anime (hopefully this will give you guys a hint):
- SAO
- Deathnote
- Sankarea
- Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
- Hunter x Hunter
- Toradora

Oh yeah, I am very picky about the animation. I kind of "don't want to watch" the old anime because they are pixelated, I kind of prefer 20010-2013ish anime because they have acceptable (for me) animation.

Anyway, here is a list of all the anime I have seen so far:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Arcana Famiglia
Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai
Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai next
Btooom!
Code:Breaker
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
Date A Live
Deathnote
Fairy Tail (FT is still on haiatus)
Guilty Crown
Highschool DxD
K
Kamisama hajimemashita
Kaze no Stigma
Kokoro Connect
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Magi
Maji de watashi koi shinasai
Maoyuu maou yuusha
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden (paused)
Oda Nobuna No Yabou
Ore tachu ni tsubasa wa nai
Sword Art Online
Sankarea
Sakurasou no pet na kanojo
Shakugan no Shana I
Shakugan no Shana II
Shakugan no Shana III
Sukitte Iinayo
Seikon no Qwaser
Sekirei
Sekirei Pure Engagement
The World God Only Knows I
The World God Only Knows II
To Love Ru - Darkness
Tonari no kaibutsu kun
Toradora!
Zetsuen no Tempest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I am currently watching but waiting week after week for new episode - which sucks big time.

1. Hunter X Hunter 2011
2. Danganronpa
3. Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

I will provide feedback for anime suggestions you may have. thank you very much!
Bisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 13:32   Link #2
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Accel World Wrote by the same guy that wrote SAO, plenty of action, adventure, and romance. Some comedy.

Dog Days Has plenty of everything on your list. It has some issues that might bother you, but it's worth checking out.

Elemental Gelade Fantasy setting. Lots of action, adventure, and romance. Some comedy.

MÄR - Märchen Awakens Romance Fantasy setting. Lots of action, adventure. Some comedy and romance. Slow-paced shounen, though, so keep that in mind.

Steins;Gate Lots of comedy early on. Some action/adventure, and plenty of romance around the middle portions and the second half.
Old 2013-10-08, 13:33   Link #3
Pepito

If you like adventure anime, I'm surprised to not see Full Metal Alchemist in your list, you should definitely look at it, I prefer its remake though, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Another one is Seirei no Moribito.

And, I think Fate Stay/Night does fit your description too.
Pepito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:51   Link #4
Bisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Accel World Wrote by the same guy that wrote SAO, plenty of action, adventure, and romance. Some comedy.

Dog Days Has plenty of everything on your list. It has some issues that might bother you, but it's worth checking out.

Elemental Gelade Fantasy setting. Lots of action, adventure, and romance. Some comedy.

MÄR - Märchen Awakens Romance Fantasy setting. Lots of action, adventure. Some comedy and romance. Slow-paced shounen, though, so keep that in mind.

Steins;Gate Lots of comedy early on. Some action/adventure, and plenty of romance around the middle portions and the second half.
Accel World: I wanted to try and watch this but I was bothered by the fact that the main character is a fat little kid with the most popular girl in school lol. When I found that out, I kinda didn't want to watch it. xD but I think I'll give it a shot.

Dog Days: I like the description/plot. I will give this a try now. This really caught my attention. Thanks!

Elemental Gelade: Will give this a shot after Dog Days.

I have yet to check out the other two. About Steins gate, I wanted to watch it too but I had some doubts lol, will try it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepito View Post
If you like adventure anime, I'm surprised to not see Full Metal Alchemist in your list, you should definitely look at it, I prefer its remake though, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Another one is Seirei no Moribito.

And, I think Fate Stay/Night does fit your description too.
I forgot all about FMA. I never really did get the chance to give it a go. Maybe once I've checked out those other suggestions then I'd give it a try.

Seirei no Moribito: Sounds interesting, will give it a shot later. Thanks!

Fate/Stay Night: Will check out later, I've heard this several times too.
Bisky is offline   Reply With Quote