AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 23:13   Link #421
Xacual

My guild chat doesn't even have to be taken out of context, its that way by design and the insane silliness of most of the people in my guild.

http://www.wergud.net

Examples of guild talk in the news posts. I warn you some of its a little odd...

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:32   Link #422
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual's Officer chat
"Need one more for heroic steamvaults. Need tank, but any class will do."
Hehe, what?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 23:52   Link #423
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Example of ours:

Quote:
After many and many grueling weeks of learning to cope with Situational Blindness Syndrome, Adult Onset I-Can’t-Loot-My-Weapon Disorder, Egg-Wut Disorder with Hyperactivity, and plain ol’ fashioned Down Syndrome,
rofl, Kael, good times good times. Nice news page you have there, lol.. I killed our site so I need to rebuild it. Good times.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-03-09 at 00:03.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 00:24   Link #424
Xacual

Yeah there is a big joke on our server forum that the only reason anyone ever visits the page is to read the news posts.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 05:41   Link #425
Jaden

This isn't Kruul, it's Kazzak. :P Kruul was usually pretty tame, as in he stayed outside the city core.
Apparently Blizzard learned from their earlier mistake, because Kazzak was pretty damn cruel when brought to civilization. Of course our king and Bolvar just stood there unharmed and did nothing....they must be burning legion agents!
Video by guild mate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QexhasBJazE
Old 2008-03-09, 08:57   Link #426
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well the Shaman population of PM was bored last night! So we hijacked the bank!

heh was good fun, the wolf pack had a nice little chorus line routine going there to.

and back to your scheduled viewing!
Old 2008-03-09, 09:53   Link #427
Komori
D:

We did something like that with bears last November. Good times.

I can't find the thread on the forums that had more pictures, but we sat around A'dal dancing while sitting in kitty form and raced around shat for a little while.

So has anyone rolled a character on the new server that opened up, Cairne? It opened February 27th and so far has 3 or 4 70s. The gates of AQ aren't open either so you still have a chance to get the mount and title if you can make the grind. Blizzard also changed the war effort so it's a lot easier to open the gates. Turn ins were increased greatly (something like 9x or 10x), maybe some other changes but that's the most noticeable. Thankfully the server is closed to transfers so people can't come in and ninja the gates.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:16   Link #428
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post

So has anyone rolled a character on the new server that opened up, Cairne? It opened February 27th and so far has 3 or 4 70s. The gates of AQ aren't open either so you still have a chance to get the mount and title if you can make the grind. Blizzard also changed the war effort so it's a lot easier to open the gates. Turn ins were increased greatly (something like 9x or 10x), maybe some other changes but that's the most noticeable. Thankfully the server is closed to transfers so people can't come in and ninja the gates.
I would have, but it seems one of two things typically happens with new servers. Either they wind up completely dead and deserted after the novelty wears off, or they become insanely high-pop and have gigantic queues. I prefer to roll alts on my main server anyway so I can fund them, it is a huge pain running around with no bags at the start. Though conversely I guess the prices of low level gear would actually be reasonable as opposed to on an established server; I don't care how much gold I have, I am not paying some ripoff artist 40 gold for a level 20 green.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 10:34   Link #429
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
am not paying some ripoff artist 40 gold for a level 20 green.
Welcome to Proudmoore, land of the gouger!

lvl 20 blue twink item, 60g? sure why not! yeah, no.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:45   Link #430
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

This is the only screenshot I even HAVE of my character... XD
I swear I had more, but probably never uploaded them...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-10, 13:46   Link #431
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Welcome to Proudmoore, land of the gouger!

lvl 20 blue twink item, 60g? sure why not! yeah, no.
That's funny, I randomly started an alt on Proudmoore the other day, had no plans to continue playing him but now I definitely won't if it's just as bad as Stormscale. However, I am still curious about something. Among other things the reason I picked that server was because of the battlegroup, from what I looked up it appeared to be the best for alliance. From your experience is it actually any good? My high level alliance characters have been sitting collecting dust since I got a second account and rerolled horde on the same server, and I am looking for a place to transfer them to. I don't ever plan to play alliance on Stormscale again (idiots) and would like all my characters on the same account so I actually can play them without paying an extra 15 bucks a month.

Back to the prices, many blues are actually cheaper than greens on my server. Have seen many great twink blues for under 30g but Random Pants of the Monkey go for 40-60, it's ridiculous. My lowbie hunter is lv 26 but is still wearing the lv 10 green rep rewards from Tranquilien.
Old 2008-03-10, 14:04   Link #432
krisslanza

WoW Economy always got my angry. I know on my servers (Emerald Dream was one of them) they were always crazy.

Everything seems to be priced so that you can only afford things if you have some level 70 main who can feed you money.
Old 2008-03-11, 08:06   Link #433
Mr Hat and Clogs

Proudmoore isn't to bad, if you check the AH regularly you can find the odd deal or bargain occasionally. With the new item changes in 2.3 for lowbies you don't even need to buy twink gear anymore really (if you are going to continue leveling at least) because the gear is awesome now. Blues are generally more expensive though. The economy is fairly active, even lowbie stuff sells well, I had a mining alt leveling up, I was selling Copper Ore at 2g a stack the other day, yes 2g for Copper and I sold the 15 stacks I mined. Prices fluctuate a lot though. Personally I don't twink though, I'm much to much of a cheap ass and cant save gold worth a damn, I hate farming so much. But with the new dailys and stuff I have been tempted.

I do like our server despite its faults, its a REALLY high population but its spread out time wise because half the population is either Australian or American, but I can't remember the last time we had a queue. Lots of interesting people spend a couple months around Shattrath and you'll be able to pick out the regulars.

PvP, yeah BG8 (I think thats us, Bloodlust) is pretty good, we have Tichondrious (lol self proclaimed gods of PvP), Blackrock, Kil'Jaeden and a few others. So competition is pretty high. Alliance does win some, but you really need a pre-made to do it with regularity. Also, Alliance has like 0 queue time in our BG. AV, we don't go there anymore. You will pick up on the servers that are full of retards and/or wankers pretty quick though. PM seems to be a bit of a blacksheep, but we hold our own, we're just a little behind the other servers in progression. We seem to be a little more relaxed on the server in that regard, if thats possible in WoW.
Old 2008-03-11, 10:00   Link #434
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

" BG 9 ", actually. ^_^
Old 2008-03-11, 10:03   Link #435
Mr Hat and Clogs

I was close! 8's next to 9!
Old 2008-03-11, 10:31   Link #436
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Back to the prices, many blues are actually cheaper than greens on my server. Have seen many great twink blues for under 30g but Random Pants of the Monkey go for 40-60, it's ridiculous. My lowbie hunter is lv 26 but is still wearing the lv 10 green rep rewards from Tranquilien.
There actually are not that many BoE blues that are usable compared to max stat level x9 green in the lower brackets.

The trick is to aim for level x2-x6 items so that they're not max stat, if you want to have decent AH gear for leveling.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-11, 16:37   Link #437
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rembr View Post
There actually are not that many BoE blues that are usable compared to max stat level x9 green in the lower brackets.

The trick is to aim for level x2-x6 items so that they're not max stat, if you want to have decent AH gear for leveling.
Yeah, I realize that about the blues but it is still weird to see best in slot blues going for less than greens, even if those greens are also the best in their respective slots.

As far as level goes, that doesn't even matter on my server. If an item is of the Monkey, Bear, or Eagle it goes for 40g, regardless of whether it's level 22, 26, or 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Alliance does win some
Alliance has like 0 queue time
We seem to be a little more relaxed on the server in that regard
That's all the convincing I need, if I can motivate myself to spend the money there will be a brand new worthless hunter (still in full tier 2!) and rogue on your server.
Old 2008-03-11, 17:44   Link #438
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Enabling the defeat and the end of the Lich King would be suicidal for Blizzard. The World of Warcraft would be a LOT less interesting and fun after that.
Athras is a mere puppet of the LK, the LK's defeat will only mean another evil will take over and bring terror to WOW. Of course, all that aside, what will be a good loot from Athras.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 02:24   Link #439
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, see you on there then RWB. Have fun! If only you had a Mage that was keyed to MH/BT. >.>

I hear the servers are behaving oh so well today after the maint to.
Old 2008-03-12, 12:46   Link #440
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Athras is a mere puppet of the LK, the LK's defeat will only mean another evil will take over and bring terror to WOW. Of course, all that aside, what will be a good loot from Athras.
Actually Athras and the LK are one and the same. Now anyway.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows