AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 15:59   Link #141
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Hanada Jukki (the new writer) is having a good effect on the franchise. Enjoyed that episode. Liked the tone. Liked the mascot character (Nonaka Ai). Loved the voice-acting in general. Endou Aya (green-haired fighter) shows she has even more range than I thought. Miyuki-Sheryl-Itsuki.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 16:23   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Hanada Jukki (the new writer) is having a good effect on the franchise. Enjoyed that episode. Liked the tone. Liked the mascot character (Nonaka Ai). Loved the voice-acting in general. Endou Aya (green-haired fighter) shows she has even more range than I thought. Miyuki-Sheryl-Itsuki.
I notice that you have nothing to add about Jun Fukuyama who has been praised here and there among other things for his performance in this opening episode. In fact some people have gone so far as to claim that his performance was the only thing they really took away from it. So can I assume that you're still not digging him or is it that you prefer to make of note the female seiyuu performances?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 21:13   Link #143
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I notice that you have nothing to add about Jun Fukuyama who has been praised here and there among other things for his performance in this opening episode. In fact some people have gone so far as to claim that his performance was the only thing they really took away from it. So can I assume that you're still not digging him or is it that you prefer to make of note the female seiyuu performances?
Well, we don't have subs, so it would be too early to talk about plot, wouldn't it?
Old 2009-01-09, 23:56   Link #144
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Sunrise hasn't had decent writing since BONES left.
First of all BONES never "left" since they couldn't have even existed prior to their founding. Secondly, I find this statement curious as none of the three founding BONES members had anything to do with writing. You were aware of this fact weren't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, we don't have subs, so it would be too early to talk about plot, wouldn't it?
True. Then again that hasn't stopped some people from having a go at the story.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-01-10 at 02:22.
Old 2009-01-10, 09:27   Link #145
dartmart

Greetings my dear friends)
I wonder if there are any english subs for this anime.Would be very happy if u advise me where I can find 'em =)
dartmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 09:57   Link #146
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartmart View Post
Greetings my dear friends)
I wonder if there are any english subs for this anime.Would be very happy if u advise me where I can find 'em =)
It will be on the normal place on the Animesuki link page. We are still waiting, that's why this thread is in the "unaired/unsubbed" forum.
Old 2009-01-10, 10:47   Link #147
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I don't get the bashing of the story - how hard it is to see that it wasn't exactly serious, to put it quite mildly? And it didn't seem like unintetional comedy either. Also, "unneeded fanserive"? Is there any other kind of fanservice?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 10:58   Link #148
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I thought it started out great. Sure you can complain about the fan service and the typicalness of it, but generally thats what the makers are aiming for. They're aiming for Mai-HiME/Code Geass watchers, probally a troll series too. I'm not expecting any great anyway.

To be honest, if there wasn't fanservice, it would feel too wrong. Such as Negima 2nd season
Old 2009-01-10, 11:40   Link #149
dartmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I thought it started out great. Sure you can complain about the fan service and the typicalness of it, but generally thats what the makers are aiming for. They're aiming for Mai-HiME/Code Geass watchers, probally a troll series too. I'm not expecting any great anyway.

To be honest, if there wasn't fanservice, it would feel too wrong. Such as Negima 2nd season
Well can't really agree with u.Sunrise makes awesome anime.Kurokami for example,new Sunrise's anime,really nice
dartmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 17:57   Link #150
Midonin
Last Engage

The first SoraKake subs are out.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:41   Link #151
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

1st ep gets thumbs up. Main chara + mascot were cute, and robo lelouch's antics were great!
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 20:25   Link #152
ThoHell

IT'S LULU!!!!!!!!! Man he's great. This seems like another interesting series this season.....more comedy the better!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 22:22   Link #153
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

On the one hand I hope this series doesn't become too serious. It would be just wrong after having a space colony leave a trail of feathers behind during its flight. On the other hand, a mood whiplash done right, Mai HiME style (not counting last episode), would be perfection, too...
On second viewing even the cute mascot wasn't too bad, it's even going to become a space pilot, LOL!

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:24   Link #154
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Hearing Konoka/Kafka channel that thing is kinda disturbing.

I dunno, the best part of this show is the eye candy, and I'm not talking about the girls. I'm talking the setting. Abandoned colonies with clean and eerie perfection?!

*starts imagining a Sonic game with said setting and drools*

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:36   Link #155
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Hm...since I didn't see anyone else comment on this, I will. Looks like JAM Project is helping with the Sora Kake Girl soundtrack!
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:44   Link #156
Midonin
Last Engage

Three character songs are scheduled. This is good news for me. Can never get enough character songs.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 23:49   Link #157
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I don't get the bashing of the story - how hard it is to see that it wasn't exactly serious, to put it quite mildly? And it didn't seem like unintetional comedy either. Also, "unneeded fanserive"? Is there any other kind of fanservice?
Well all you really need to know is that THAT has a stunning tendency to either miss or overstate the obvious. More importantly though I think it's safe to say that if you are a blogger who is non-fluent in Japanese and yet decide to watch something RAW anyway only to end up finding yourself wondering why none of the story makes any sense to you whatsoever then you need to step back and really think about whether you're really cut out for the whole first impression gig.

If your looking for a better first impression article though then I personally like this one a lot since it's clear the blogger actually:

a) knows what he's talking about and doing enough to give a balanced perspective and
b) bothered to do some research about the various staff members, histories, and concepts at work behind the series.
Old 2009-01-11, 02:38   Link #158
Fweakin

So the plot was a bit of a mess. Actually scratch that, it was a big mess, but an entertaining mess at that. I am confused as to who most of the people we met were, and what the hell was happening, but it was a fun ride.

The seiyuu all appeal so far, and the comedy was to my liking. I think it will be a humorous ride, if not a mentally stimulating one.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:02   Link #159
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

WOOT EP1 thumbs up man i soo loving it >_<
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 03:09   Link #160
Argent

I'm thinking this may be a "Plot? What Plot?" show and I'm fine with that because so far none of the main characters have annoyed me and the setting is interesting and, dare I say?, charming.

I hope they don't go heavy on this show, the light humor in the first episode was rather refreshing and the elements of darkness in some characters don't need to turn into soul crushing evil to be effective antagonists. And I'm very glad all the main characters we've seen so far have seemed to be intelligent, capable, and well rounded. It makes a wonderful counterbalance to Leopard's over the top personality.

I give this first episode an A-. I think if they stay true to the spirit they've established this show will be somewhat light in tone, but very intricate in the world building/what is going on aspects. I like it when a show engages my brain and keeps me on my toes, especially when their designs are so interesting.

They just really threw us into it without any explanations or even an attempt at setting a foundation, hence the minus, but they did it with a certain style and originality that gives me hope for a fun ride ahead.
Argent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise