AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-10-02, 05:44   Link #3861
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Enjoyable chapter indeed.

It was nice to see the French girl back, although I am still not sure why would the principal pushed this kind of responsibility and role to Miyuki. Sure that he is certainly capable on his own but in the end, he is just a student from a poor family. There is no way he can go against Kaguya's brother or the entire Shinomiya itself. Just as WingedAccelerator stated, making Shinomiya gave up on her is the best move here and is more realistic as well.

Is the writer tries to make Miyuki rallies the entire students (most of them are influenced and rich families) under him to move against Shinomiya? With that kind of number and strength, sure it will work but it also feels so unrealistic for him to pull that effortless in this setting of this manga.

I wonder whether Kaguya's 2nd brother will help her in this? Maybe not completely free her from Shinomiya but probably good enough to save her to get sold into the arrange/political marriage set up by her elder brother. Can't wait to see this whole Shinomiya to the end.

Also, I still can't shake the feeling that Fujiwara will be the key to solve everything in the end because her father is "the politician".

Quote:
Fujiwara: Father, I am not happy.
Fujiwara's father: Oh my beloved daughter, what made you so upset.
Fujiwara: It is Kaguya's family. They are hurting Kaguya. If only they don't exist, so Kaguya can live happily.
Fujiwara's father: Considered it done then.
Fujiwara: Huh?
Mikado: Huh?
Kaguya: Huh?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 20:06   Link #3862
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 29
Interesting chapter
We finally got a lead on what will happen in the future
Probably that would be the climax of the story as well (after we solved Ishigami-Iino problem)

I actually thought we might undergo a long timeskip chapter to deal with this "adult" problem but looks like author want to finish this before Shirogane went to Harvard.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 08:06   Link #3863
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
October 21st, manga enters it's final arc.


Finally.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 08:45   Link #3864
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
October 21st, manga enters it's final arc.


Finally.
Hope the final arc won't take 5 years to reach the climax arc.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 08:50   Link #3865
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Longest arc this manga had took like 30 chapters IIRC.
__________________
満天を見よ! そして、彼の七星を刮目せよ!
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 10:49   Link #3866
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Spoiler for 240:
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 11:07   Link #3867
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Spoiler for 240:
I thought so. The Mikados were planning on going on the attack for a while now.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 11:23   Link #3868
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
In a way, it surprises me that the final arc announcement just came in like this. It doesn't mean it can't be a long saga with everything and all, but the way Aka referred to the 3rd year arc as the second half of the manga plotwise, it's a bit weird how it's final arc time in measly 30 chapters of the 3rd year arc. In which, 1/3 content was the Buddha Begging Bowl.

Not gonna comment on the spoilers till the translated chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wasn't there a chapter where it was revealed he used to be in love with Kaguya's mother? He's trying to honor her memory.
I honestly don't remember.

However, I do remember the quack doctor mentioning Kaguya's mother, so maybe you are thinking about him here, not the Principal?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 18:53   Link #3869
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I honestly don't remember.

However, I do remember the quack doctor mentioning Kaguya's mother, so maybe you are thinking about him here, not the Principal?
Now that you mention it, I probably confused them.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 07:25   Link #3870
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Maki and Kaguya talking and dancing:
Kaguya and Mikado talking:
Miyuki calling Kaguya "his girl":
Miyuki and Kaguya dancing part:
The end of Shinomiya part:

Ishigmai and Miko:

I am glad that it wasn't Shirogane that took down Shinomiya group in the end.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 08:34   Link #3871
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
I don't want to nitpick too much about Kaguya assuming Ishigami will stay in the Student Council or just thinks he won't quit if she passes the torch to him as well, and that should be an honor, but did we ever get anything regarding his future Student Council plans? Well, Iino would definitely recruit him anyways, if she will be the next president, but I do want some thoughts from him or a reminder that he already spoke about it.

Miyuki was quite rude to Mikado, not gonna lie. Sad that he only can flex like this to Kaguya nowadays and barely shines.

Yup, this was anticlimactic. I'm not against others taking down or denting the Shinomiya Family, but don't be cheap and use the ultimate storytelling method, flashbacks, to show the process after the damage was done. I really damn hope that suddenly the core members of the Shinomiya Family won't consist of full of incompetent idiots, thus they need Kaguya to save them.

Is this the abrupt end of the Fujiwara training chapters among other things since Final (serious?) arc is upon us?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 08:55   Link #3872
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
She assume it because Ishigami isn't irresponsible ass and If he had any reasons to quit he would announce it long time ago so Kaguya and Prez had enough time find and prepare replacement If he didn't say anything it obviously means he has no intent quit.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 12:18   Link #3873
WingedAccelerator
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
If I remember correctly, the President of the Student Council has the right to pick their members. New president, new members. On paper at least, Iino is not the guaranteed successor.

So how responsible Ishigami is or not is irrelevant. It's almost a year till he becomes a 3rd year student, and Kaguya's farewell certainly sounded like she is speaking in long terms about the two of them. What's irresponsible here is thinking Ishigami planned out his high school life perfectly without a chance of changing his mind.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 12:23   Link #3874
Sixth
Hu Tao
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
What's irresponsible here is thinking Ishigami planned out his high school life perfectly without a chance of changing his mind.
Ishigami better follows Kaguya's plan perfectly or else he will get deported to a different country later.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 12:39   Link #3875
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
If I remember correctly, the President of the Student Council has the right to pick their members. New president, new members. On paper at least, Iino is not the guaranteed successor.

So how responsible Ishigami is or not is irrelevant. It's almost a year till he becomes a 3rd year student, and Kaguya's farewell certainly sounded like she is speaking in long terms about the two of them. What's irresponsible here is thinking Ishigami planned out his high school life perfectly without a chance of changing his mind.
Default is Ishigami staying though. It's same with every responsibily ... like job or school. Noone will assume you will just quit just because your boss/teacher retired. That's even more true in Japan. Ishigami suddenly quiting would be impulsive and abnormal. Him staying in other hand is common sense.

And who will be next president has nothing to do with that.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 14:03   Link #3876
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
If I remember correctly, the President of the Student Council has the right to pick their members. New president, new members. On paper at least, Iino is not the guaranteed successor.

So how responsible Ishigami is or not is irrelevant. It's almost a year till he becomes a 3rd year student, and Kaguya's farewell certainly sounded like she is speaking in long terms about the two of them. What's irresponsible here is thinking Ishigami planned out his high school life perfectly without a chance of changing his mind.
Kaguya is obviously acting under the idea that Iino and Ishigami will be the new prez/vice of the Student Council, because she's already set up the groundwork for Iino's succesion as President. Ishigami is not the type to just leave when he's already invested this much in to the student council and he's the best choice for VIce Prez and Iino knows it.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 15:19   Link #3877
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Maki and Kaguya talking and dancing:
Kaguya and Mikado talking:
Miyuki calling Kaguya "his girl":
Miyuki and Kaguya dancing part:
The end of Shinomiya part:

Ishigmai and Miko:

I am glad that it wasn't Shirogane that took down Shinomiya group in the end.
Very cleverly put . Basically, "Hey, you know that thing I just told you I hate? Still hate it".

I'm not sure how things are going to go with the Shinomiya thing. Seems too convenient to just have them suddenly become a non-issue. I kind of wonder whether it's some kind of coup. Like that brother took over in one quick move, damaging the company in the process. Either that or, if it is indeed a serious crisis, I suspect they're going to look at some sort of arrangement with another conglomerate to get things back together again, thus Kaguya suddenly being taken away: arrange a marriage to seal the alliance.

And yeah, I agree with Accelerator on this point. They should indeed have had Ishigami at least say something about his intent for the new administration. I mean, yeah, I agree with others that he probably understands that he's a valuable part of the council, and I doubt he'd leave. Even if he and Miko had a complete falling out there's a good chance he'd stick around for the sake of the school. That said, the fact that he never seems to have said something makes it look like Kaguya just jumped the gun with her assumptions.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 15:37   Link #3878
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
And yeah, I agree with Accelerator on this point. They should indeed have had Ishigami at least say something about his intent for the new administration. I mean, yeah, I agree with others that he probably understands that he's a valuable part of the council, and I doubt he'd leave. Even if he and Miko had a complete falling out there's a good chance he'd stick around for the sake of the school. That said, the fact that he never seems to have said something makes it look like Kaguya just jumped the gun with her assumptions.
How is it jumping the gun when Ishigami will be one of the senior members of the Student Council once everyone graduates? I don't think Aka needs to tell us that he'll be staying, he would have needed to say something about him leaving.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 15:38   Link #3879
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Default is Ishigami staying though. It's same with every responsibily ... like job or school. Noone will assume you will just quit just because your boss/teacher retired. That's even more true in Japan. Ishigami suddenly quiting would be impulsive and abnormal. Him staying in other hand is common sense.

And who will be next president has nothing to do with that.
The dragon girl was part of the student council during Miyuki's first year, and now she's not. It doesn't seem to be out of any bad blood, she just stopped. Being part of one administration doesn't mean you'll be part of the next.

(But it is natural to assume Ishigami will support Miko and stay.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 16:03   Link #3880
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Actually it usually does. As for Ryuju we don't know how much she was actually involved in council activities. It's possible she was just helping out (Ishigami himself was initialy like that too.) I also assume she gave proper heads up before she left like normal person and didn't just randomly quit.
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-10-07 at 16:13.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, love triangle, no longer our guy, romcom, school life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.