AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-17, 00:07   Link #961
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, you can be close and get transported to completely different continents, as demonstrated by Ghislaine. However, Rudy was holding Eris when transported and they ended up right next to each other. I'd say it's a fair bet that if he was holding her (which makes sense given her age) they'd have transferred to the same place.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 02:14   Link #962
Tuor

Yes, but you have to be close enough to do that and to know what is coming. If you are just chilling out when it started, you won't make it to anyone in time.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 11:13   Link #963
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wasn't Paul on a mission during the cataclysm? My understanding was that his family was all in one place, but he was elsewhere and so that's why he wasn't transported who knows where.

If Norn wasn't transported anywhere either, then I can only surmise that either she wasn't with the rest of the family for who knows what reason, or her not being affected was completely random chance.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-17, 11:26   Link #964
Tenzen12

I believe here wasn't any mention where Paul was or wasn't at that time
Old 2021-10-17, 11:41   Link #965
Frontier

Welp, Rudeus is locked up by the Beast People, stripped bare, and only has a hole in the sky for a toilet, but he's making the most of it...it probably helps that the female guard who throws water in his face and looks at him like he's scum has boobs that jiggle .

I love how Geese turns up and spots Rudy looking so proud and suave while he's sitting naked in prison, and Rudeus just drops all child pretensions and starts acting like himself. Geese may have cheated in gambling, but he seems like a decent guy when the chips are down .

Rudy is ready to bolt for it when the village gets attacked so the smugglers can grab more girls, and while Rudeus isn't their biggest fan, he isn't just about to let more girls get nabbed while he's within range of helping put a stop to it...of course, then Gallus turns up, and it becomes apparent that you can never trust a smuggler .

So, yeah, Gallus was using Rudy the whole time, using Deadend as a cover and a way to hide their own smuggling operation and distract people so they could make off with girls. He's a scumbag, basically. Although with Paul we know how dangerous scum can be in this world, and it turns out Gallus is a "North Saint" and deadly with a blade, so Rudy ends up with his next major Boss Battle .

Nobles want Beast People? Uh...well, I hope the Boreas family don't deal in smuggled Beast Girls, although I guess they treat them well...aside from having sex with them occasionally .

Luckily Rudy's dog pal, the Sacred Beast, teams-up with him and instigates the fight and gives Rudy the edge he needs (along with some nice position from Geese) to vaporize Gallus .

Rudeus, Eris, and Ruijerd are finally reunited and everyone realizes what a big mix-up this all was! And Ruijerd got off on his own adventure with the chief that we'll just leave off-screen .

Eris is so happy to meet more Beast People and can't wait to tell his grandfather...right as he's being executed for his perceived failure to manage the Mana Disaster incident. What about Eris' parents? I can't see her taking this well at all .
Old 2021-10-17, 12:18   Link #966
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I believe here wasn't any mention where Paul was or wasn't at that time
So I checked again the part that I remembered, it was on Ep8, and it shows that Paul was sent on a mission to slay beasts. However what I forgot is that by the time of the Cataclysm he had already returned to his family.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So well... would you look at that... assuming that scene is just about a few seconds before everything happens, that would mean Paul was holding Norn on his arms. Even if it was earlier, it's safe to assume that Paul would still hold Norn to escape somewhere safe. I guess the mystery is solved.

And while I was checking that episode I realized that The Loli Demon Emperor already made her first appearance there.

Old 2021-10-17, 17:35   Link #967
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I never did get the whole "let them hurt like I hurt" mentality. I'd much rather have them regret their actions. I don't want those who hurt me to feel the same pain, I want them to appreciate their actions and feel true remorse. Sure, this may require pain, but a victim's oppressors writhing in pain just doesn't satisfy as much as seeing them prostrating themselves before him begging for the punishment they feel they deserve.

Also, concerning the Greyrat family and beast-girls, I'm rather skeptical that they've been buying slaves. At least not ones obtained through raids like this. Eris's father specifically talked about learning the beast language in order to make deals with beast-girls and hire them. So I'd say many, if not all, of the beast-girls were hired, and even if they weren't they were probably connected to other beast-folk dealings (for instance some cultures, especially in fantasy, punish some crimes with slavery). I can't say it's impossible, but it just doesn't sound that much like a fit with their characters. They had some scummy parts of them, but they didn't come across as the types that would buy slaves to use as toys.
Old 2021-10-17, 20:33   Link #968
Gerard07

Looking at the episode, it was fun to see Rudeus in prison, as well as his relationship with Geese, and it's good that he won against that guy, although I guess he still has a long way to go to be stronger, and bad for Sauros, it hurts that he was not able to see Eris again, well, to wait for the next chapter.
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 03:46   Link #969
maximilianjenus
[E]

i remember that eris dad had a brother, so he's probably the one buying the slaves.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 20:42   Link #970
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I never did get the whole "let them hurt like I hurt" mentality. I'd much rather have them regret their actions. I don't want those who hurt me to feel the same pain, I want them to appreciate their actions and feel true remorse. Sure, this may require pain, but a victim's oppressors writhing in pain just doesn't satisfy as much as seeing them prostrating themselves before him begging for the punishment they feel they deserve.
Agreed, but given how nasty they treated him if I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a quick "all is forgiven" either.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-18, 22:18   Link #971
HandofFate

They treated him bad, but its not that bad, they locked him up and ignored him, but they fed him and stuff, and no beatings or torture. Considering they jailed him thinking he was the one smuggling and killing their kids, they treated him as a proper prisoner.

And bringing up being jailed for only 4-5 days and getting water splashed on you kind of pales in comparison to the raid where a good number of villagers actually did seem to get killed during it.
Old 2021-10-19, 08:09   Link #972
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
And bringing up being jailed for only 4-5 days
But it wasn't just 4-5 days the plan. If they planned to keep him prisoner for the rest of his life, that's even a worse fate than getting killed right away. The thing is they didn't even bother telling him how long they were planning to keep him in there.

Old 2021-10-19, 11:16   Link #973
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But it wasn't just 4-5 days the plan. If they planned to keep him prisoner for the rest of his life, that's even a worse fate than getting killed right away. The thing is they didn't even bother telling him how long they were planning to keep him in there.
It doesn't even seem like they bothered interrogating him.
Old 2021-10-19, 23:03   Link #974
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It doesn't even seem like they bothered interrogating him.
Likely to be waiting for the main party of warriors to rescue the kids and come back first.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-20, 01:19   Link #975
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Likely to be waiting for the main party of warriors to rescue the kids and come back first.
That's what I was thinking too. Finding them comes first. They could've tried to interrogate him to gain clues to their whereabouts, but the way he kept insisting on his innocence I imagine they felt it'd be faster to just leave him in the cage and sweep absolutely everywhere.
Old 2021-10-24, 11:40   Link #976
Frontier

Opening up with a naked Eris and her finely-toned physique bathing with her naked animal girl friends...what a way to start a day, and of course Rudeus is spying on them. And of course he gets caught .

Eris looks really good in the tribe's clothes! It fits her well, especially with the twin-tailed look and skirt. Also that top hugs the chest enough to show off her budding bosom, which Rudeus probably enjoyed .

Poor Geese helped fend off the smugglers and gets locked back up with their ringleader (who is surprisingly still alive). I guess it wasn't enough to make up for his crime in their eyes .

It's all fun and bonding until Eris mentions Ghislaine, and it turns out she is Gyes' younger sister and Tona's aunt, and she was a bit of a disrespectful wild child who left the village and was never seen again...of course Eris can't stand to see her beloved masters' name besmirched, but it seems like Ghislaine changed a lot when she got take in by that swordsman from her wild child youth and she's not the little sister Gyes knew. People change .

Now the student is the teacher as Eris spars with Tona and helps teach her/get her into swordsmanship. It's nice to see how much Eris has mellowed out and grown to the point where she's teaching others, both in terms of her native tongue and the way of the sword, as well as even speaking some of the Beast tongue herself .

Of course Tona doesn't want to see Eris go and, like kids, they get into a brawl over it...but I'm glad they were able to make up and see each other off with a smile instead of regret. Gyes regrets Ghislaine leaving the way she did and the fact that he might never see her again...but maybe Eris will be able to tell her that she's welcome back after all ?

The Sacred Beast will travel with the hero when he's matured? Could that end up being Rudy? The dog certainly seems to love how Rudy rubs against him, if you know what I mean .

Eris and Gyes spar, and it's a apparently Eris' loss, but they're so proficient and skilled that not even Rudeus can tell what the heck happened .

It's nice that they left some Ruijerd statues with the people, who now have Rudy and Eris dolls as well .

Geese has joined the party !

Them talking like they'll live quite lives and never have to deal with those legendary Powerful beings...yeah, they're totally going to meet some of them .
Old 2021-10-24, 11:46   Link #977
GDB

Was this content in the LN? I don't remember this at all in the manga.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 12:31   Link #978
Tenzen12

Well, I am pretty sure Ghislain's circumistances were explained in novel (though I can't remember if it was accurate). Seven Powes too are relevant to story too, though I am can't say this is point they were explained either. Though I always had under impression Water God was part of seven powers too. I guess I was wrong.

Speaking of seven great powers Ghislain mentioned her teacher is Sword God in earlier episodes (ie fifth strongest person in the world).
Old 2021-10-24, 20:24   Link #979
Alchemist007
*Author

Should've killed the slaver.
Old 2021-10-24, 21:44   Link #980
Gerard07

Seen the episode, Eris made new friends, Rudeus became fond of the dog and now they are on their way to Millis with Geese, to wait for things to happen in the next chapter.
Gerard07 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, isekai