AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 18:36   Link #81
bladestorm91

I'm new to this licensing deals, so can someone explain to me what this means? How can I read it now?
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:37   Link #82
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestorm91 View Post
I'm new to this licensing deals, so can someone explain to me what this means? How can I read it now?
Very simple. It's coming out in english, which means odds are you can find it in your nearest Barnes&Nobles.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 18:39   Link #83
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Very simple. It's coming out in english, which means odds are you can find it in your nearest Barnes&Nobles.
Fuh, depends on your zone. Where I'm standing is more fleasible to get imports from Japan rather than the US.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:49   Link #84
bladestorm91

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Fuh, depends on your zone. Where I'm standing is more fleasible to get imports from Japan rather than the US.
You see this is the problem, I very much doubt I will find it in ANY store in my country, so how will I read it now? And will the one who was translating the series on bt continue to translate it? Because yen press has a boatload of series it has to translate and it worry's me that it won't translate this one for a long time.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:50   Link #85
BW95
Banned

Quote:
You see this is the problem, I very much doubt I will find it in ANY store in my country, so how will I read it now? And will the one who was translating the series on bt continue to translate it? Because yen press has a boatload of series it has to translate and it worry's me that it won't translate this one for a long time.
You don't live in America? If Yen Press is in your country then you might be able to get it.

Don't worry about the novel on BT. Yen Press only licensed the manga.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:54   Link #86
bladestorm91

Quote:
You don't live in America? If Yen Press is in your country then you might be able to get it.

Don't worry about the novel on BT. Yen Press only licensed the manga.
It was just the manga? Thank god, I thought it was the LN. Then we will still get fan translations of the manga right? If yes then everything is still a-ok.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:56   Link #87
BW95
Banned

Quote:
It was just the manga? Thank god, I thought it was the LN. Then we will still get fan translations of the manga right? If yes then everything is still a-ok.
LNs are harder to swing for licensing than manga. Whoops. Sorry. I was wrong. It is the novel.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:59   Link #88
bladestorm91

Quote:
LNs are harder to swing for licensing than manga. Whoops. Sorry. I was wrong. It is the novel.
So no more LN translations?
Old 2014-04-19, 19:03   Link #89
stellarroze

Quote:

Have you heard of The Book Depositary. They have free shipping to a load of countries, full list here: http://www.bookdepository.com/help/t...ry#helpContent
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:04   Link #90
BW95
Banned

Quote:
So no more LN translations?
No more LN translations, but cheer up. We didn't even get past volume 1 in translations so its much better to get them in English.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:12   Link #91
bladestorm91

Quote:
No more LN translations. But cheer up. We didn't even get past volume 1 in translations so its much better to get them in english.
That's debatable, I don't like Localization, I prefer it when translations leave the honorifics like onee-sama and other words in. Also like I said, I doubt they will release even the first volume anytime soon. I would rather prefer the chinese to english translations from the guy translating it on BT.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:19   Link #92
Valky
Radioactive

Is Yen Press reliable? I mean, are they capable of releasing the novels at a fixed pace? Since they do have a catch up to do.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:21   Link #93
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Is Yen Press reliable? I mean, are they capable of releasing the novels at a fixed pace? Since they do have a catch up to do.
Yen Press is covering SAO, AW, Index, Spice and Wold, and other manga series. So they got quite a lot on their plates, but it shouldn't be a problem. We should be more concerned about the quality of translations, but the terminology in this particular series is simple so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:28   Link #94
Valky
Radioactive

I'm actually asking about their track record. How did they do so far? Especially in terms of release pace, and maybe translations. Are there any projects that they dropped? I'm not from US so I don't really know anything about YP.

Nonetheless, if their pace is slow .. I don't think it'll catch up to SAO, AW, even more to Index. I'll get old waiting.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:34   Link #95
BW95
Banned

Quote:
I'm actually asking about their track record. How did they do so far? Especially in terms of release pace, and maybe translations. Are there any projects that they dropped? I'm not from US so I don't really know anything about YP.

Nonetheless, if their pace is slow .. I don't think it'll catch up to SAO, AW, even more to Index. I'll get old waiting.
Well, the only other novel series I can think of is Spice and Wolf, which has been somewhat inconsistent in release dates, but recently it's gotten more frequent. In any case, Danmachi is a relatively simple novel so I think we can expect decent popularity among Americans and with that more frequent releases.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:41   Link #96
questmas

Quote:
I don't think they've dropped anything, but I know they don't play catch-up and NEVER release at a faster rate than the original. Lately, they've managed to release at the same rate as the original, though.
questmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 19:50   Link #97
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Well, the only other novel series I can think of is Spice and Wolf, which has been somewhat inconsistent in release dates, but recently it's gotten more frequent. In any case, Danmachi is a relatively simple novel so I think we can expect decent popularity among Americans and with that more frequent releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by questmas View Post
I don't think they've dropped anything, but I know they don't play catch-up and NEVER release at a faster rate than the original. Lately, they've managed to release at the same rate as the original, though.
I see... Thank you.

Then I guess I should manage my time to step up my Japanese lesson.
Old 2014-04-19, 22:02   Link #98
kazzuya13

I guess it was licensed before it ever finished translating volume 1.
Old 2014-04-19, 22:28   Link #99
GenesiD

Meh, can't say I'm too happy. I have no way of buying them and I don't know how long they take to translate. I guess I'll just have to follow the manga for some while lol.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 22:37   Link #100
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I guess it was licensed before it ever finished translating volume 1.
Don't worry. Translations won't be taken down until a few months before it's actually released.
Jn19930 has assured us that translations will stop after volume 1 so we'll see that completed at the very least.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-04-21 at 14:23.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance