AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2022-06-30, 22:57   Link #21
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Like I said, is because Kurumada changed his mind about about the Gold Saints during the second arc of the manga. There's even an extra page in one of the manga volumes that shows the Gold Saints together as kids, which would contradict their original introduction.

You can see it in his second batch of Gold Saints. In Next Dimension, the Gold Saints are very much aware of each other and also have known one another since they were young.

Omega is the only one that can get away with the Gold Saints not knowing each other because they had just been established as Gold Saints in the narrative, and even then most of them had at least heard of each other.
now I have this idea of the annual Gold Saint meetings where they all show up, talk shop, and talk about improving Sanctuary/taking care of Athena .
Old 2022-07-01, 05:16   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I have been saying this repeatedly: Kurumada's SS concept works better under other visionary writers. After all, there's a reason why fans are still hoping for Lost Canvas anime continuation to this day.
Old 2022-07-01, 09:28   Link #23
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I have been saying this repeatedly: Kurumada's SS concept works better under other visionary writers. After all, there's a reason why fans are still hoping for Lost Canvas anime continuation to this day.
The original's still great in my book .
Old 2022-07-01, 18:23   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The original's still great in my book .
The anime really elevated the manga though. The charater design, the music, and the redesign of the cloths were all stellar. The Asgard arc is also considered to be one of the best anime original arc in a shounen. It was even better than the canon arc that followed it.

That said, I'd say Lost Canvas is pretty much the only genuinely good work to have come out of them trying to milk the franchise. Next Dimension is complete garbage, Omega's first half was good despite the 12 houses retread but then became awful, Saint Seiya G is extreme Gold Saint wank with very a divisive artstyle (I hate it), Soul of Gold was meh at best, Saintia Sho is shit...

Should have just let Toei move on with the Heaven arc.
Old 2022-07-03, 16:24   Link #25
Galaxian

If we let Kurumada do this thing, over 60% of the character would be blond and every single armor (Cloths, Scales, Surplices) would be monochromatic.

Shingo Araki was the best thing that ever happened to the franchise.
Old 2022-07-28, 11:09   Link #26
SidVicious
Anime addict

New clip:

https://youtu.be/wZR6EMl8IGg

Edit: The first two episodes will launch on Crunchyroll together at once on Sunday, July 31 at 1:00 PM PT, and then one episode will be released weekly, also both the subbed and dubbed versions.
Old 2022-08-01, 04:20   Link #27
SidVicious
Anime addict

First episodes are out and they look way better than last season.