AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 15:23   Link #1981
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Say you didn't have support for japanese fonts, every time the browser would be requested to display those characters it would place a black square, empty up-right rectange or question marks. (depending on which browser your using)
Old 2008-09-06, 17:10   Link #1982
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post

Q. Why do you need such a ability to begin with?
I wish for someone else to be able edit a few post of mine for updates. That's all.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 17:18   Link #1983
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm going to presume you need this so badly it's inconvinient for him/her to simply contact you with changes.

Create a image representing your post. Host it somewhere where you two would have mutual access. (dummy photobucket account perhaps)
To update your "post" the other person would simply edit the image reflecting the new changes and replace the old image with the new image.

Your post would simply consist of the image.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:01   Link #1984
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
I'm going to presume you need this so badly it's inconvinient for him/her to simply contact you with changes.

Create a image representing your post. Host it somewhere where you two would have mutual access. (dummy photobucket account perhaps)
To update your "post" the other person would simply edit the image reflecting the new changes and replace the old image with the new image.

Your post would simply consist of the image.
That was yesterday's question. We found mutual way of getting our points across already ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 18:35   Link #1985
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
Why when I'm viewing a webpage, sometimes the text of the page appears as "garbage" or a series of question marks.
Web pages can use any of a number of "character sets." For sites using Western languages that's often ISO-8859-1 (which AnimeSuki uses). Over the past few years more and more sites have begun using UTF-8 (or "Unicode") which supports a much wider variety of languages. The web server, or sometimes the web page itself, is supposed to inform your browser about the correct character set, but sometimes that negotiation fails, and your browser falls back to its default character set.

If you're using Firefox, try View > Character Encoding and select a different character set. That might be sufficient to resolve the problem.

If not, then as others have said you're probably missing the fonts for the language displayed on the page. If you know what the language is, try searching Google to see how to install the fonts you need.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 19:57   Link #1986
amjzz

This may be an stupid question.....but which is the correct pronunciation of the word "moe"?.

("Moe" as in "that anime is so moe").
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 21:18   Link #1987
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Moe is pronounced mo-eh
Old 2008-09-06, 22:34   Link #1988
amjzz

I have a question, what is "caramelldansen" and why people connect it with the anime popotan?.

I heard its a song or something, but as far as i know theres no song called "caramelldansen" on the anime popotan....
Old 2008-09-06, 22:37   Link #1989
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Caramel Dansen is a Swedish song. Its various remixes somehow became popular among anime watches, who draw/CG anime characters doing the dance. The title roughly translates into "candy dance".

Popotan is one of the first few anime whose characters were seen doing the dance.
Old 2008-09-06, 22:45   Link #1990
amjzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Caramel Dansen is a Swedish song. Its various remixes somehow became popular among anime watches, who draw/CG anime characters doing the dance. The title roughly translates into "candy dance".

Popotan is one of the first few anime whose characters were seen doing the dance.
So, apart of the draws from the fans of popotan there is no direct relation between the anime (official drawings/story) and the song?.
Old 2008-09-06, 22:46   Link #1991
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
So, apart of the draws from the fans of popotan there is no direct relation between the anime (official drawings/story) and the song?.
I don't think so.
Old 2008-09-07, 14:39   Link #1992
Vashar

What are cheese poopers or pocke?

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but does anyone know what cheese poopers or pocke are?

I did a google and don't see anything really relevant describing what they are.

I got curious since I heard them mentioned here: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...t&aid=75#r1795
Vashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 16:39   Link #1993
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I don't know about cheese poopers (never heard the name before), but the reason why you couldn't find anything about pocke is because it's probably Pocky.

Couldn't cheese poopers be referring to Cheetos or something like that?

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 17:19   Link #1994
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Someone must have some bowel issues if they're pooping cheese, but I think what he's trying to type out is "cheese poofers", or pretty much cheese poofs, or cheese-flavored cornmeal snacks...

Cheese Poofs!
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:10   Link #1995
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I just started to get into this internet ordering, I'm still quite a noob in this and decided to see how much shipping etc. costs however when I tried to order a DJ this is what I saw underneath

S&H(US$) from Japan to: ||| EMS ||| Yamato ||| Air ||| SAL ||| Sea
Europe ||| $17 ||| $21 ||| $6 ||| $5 ||| $5

I know what airmail is and the sea term but what do EMS and Yamato stand for?
maybe that can give some insight on their higher prices as well, also how long does it take for something to arrive with those options, a week?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:29   Link #1996
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I just started to get into this internet ordering, I'm still quite a noob in this and decided to see how much shipping etc. costs however when I tried to order a DJ this is what I saw underneath

S&H(US$) from Japan to: ||| EMS ||| Yamato ||| Air ||| SAL ||| Sea
Europe ||| $17 ||| $21 ||| $6 ||| $5 ||| $5

I know what airmail is and the sea term but what do EMS and Yamato stand for?
maybe that can give some insight on their higher prices as well, also how long does it take for something to arrive with those options, a week?
EMS is an international delivery service provided by Japan Post in corporation with the postal agency of your country. It is faster than normal Air delivery, and you can trace the package by ID.

Yamato is a famous private transporting corporation. In general, its service is said to be better than JP for some reasons; JP is liable only for domestic accidents (namely, if the packet is lost outside Japan, JP has no jurisdiction to research it in detail or to compensate fully); JP and other countries' postal staffs are not always trained to handle with delicate objects like otaku artifacts. If you need really careful service, you should rely on Yamato.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:00   Link #1997
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
EMS is an international delivery service provided by Japan Post in corporation with the postal agency of your country. It is faster than normal Air delivery, and you can trace the package by ID.

Yamato is a famous private transporting corporation. In general, its service is said to be better than JP for some reasons; JP is liable only for domestic accidents (namely, if the packet is lost outside Japan, JP has no jurisdiction to research it in detail or to compensate fully); JP and other countries' postal staffs are not always trained to handle with delicate objects like otaku artifacts. If you need really careful service, you should rely on Yamato.
okay and whats the chance on well your package getting lost sorta speak then?
I dont guess it happens often now does it?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:12   Link #1998
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
okay and whats the chance on well your package getting lost sorta speak then?
I dont guess it happens often now does it?
No. Last year it was reported that 247 EMS packages addressed to Indonesia were lost in Jakarta because of the poor custody there, but such case is quite exceptional. Dutch TNT is so credible as well as JP that you could rely on them for usual communication.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 14:44   Link #1999
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Q. How come Karu's avatar remains animated while Aoie's doesn't? Some kind of size-limit setting?
Old 2008-09-08, 16:39   Link #2000
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Q. How come Karu's avatar remains animated while Aoie's doesn't? Some kind of size-limit setting?
Strange, I had thought you had already answered this question previously.

The images used in the profile have been reduced (they are a max of 60x60 pixels instead of 100x100) and it seems the code used by vB to shrink the image is unable to maintain the animation property. It doesn't seem to work on all animated images. Beyond that, you will need to ask vB I guess.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious