AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 13:23   Link #121
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Everyone in that thread is gonna be SO angry that we're coming in there and ruining Ep6 for them, somewhat ironically.

...Should we use spoiler tags in the spoilers thread, then?
Yes, if you really need to post Ep6 information in that thread, please tag them properly with Episode 6 title (and perhaps more if needed).
This is the reason why the thread has "spoiler" in its title, otherwise, I would have done yet another (which is very redundant considering we have a thread for each Episode).

But everyone should know that this is the thread you WILL be spoiled to death. There should be no need for spoiler tags, normally.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:26   Link #122
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
EP 6 is actually very short compared to the other recent releases. I think it's probably a bit longer than EP 3 but maybe even shorter than EP 5.

As for the death order, I'm not sure to be frank. Second twilight I think is Shannon and Kanon, but after that it becomes more of throwing a dart to a board while blindfolded.
I heard that Ep5 was pretty long... not as long as Ep4, but still pretty long.

And Ep3 was short? I never got that impression...

As for the death order... that's just it, isn't it? It should be EASY to figure it out, as long as you know the Truth.

My speculation? No one in the fandom has figured out the Truth. Not one. And Ryukishi is just trolling us about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, if you really need to post Ep6 information in that thread, please tag them properly with Episode 6 title (and perhaps more if needed).
This is the reason why the thread has "spoiler" in its title, otherwise, I would have done yet another (which is very redundant considering we have a thread for each Episode).

But everyone should know that this is the thread you WILL be spoiled to death. There should be no need for spoiler tags, normally.
Thank you.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:28   Link #123
littlegal100

Quote:
I heard that Ep5 was pretty long... not as long as Ep4, but still pretty long.

And Ep3 was short? I never got that impression...

As for the death order... that's just it, isn't it? It should be EASY to figure it out, as long as you know the Truth.

My speculation? No one in the fandom has figured out the Truth. Not one. And Ryukishi is just trolling us about it.
Not completely true. I heard that there are people who are close into finding the truth.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:31   Link #124
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal100 View Post
Not completely true. I heard that there are people who are close into finding the truth.
Okay, they're close to it, and I'd argue that many people here on this board are CLOSE to it, but...

Has anyone actually arrived at the Truth? And if you have, you should know, because then everything would become clear.

In mystery stories, when the truth is finally unveiled, everything makes perfect sense... it should be like that.

Also, notice how there isn't much in the way of red text in these screenshots?

Isn't that a little interesting?
Old 2009-12-30, 13:32   Link #125
Marion
The Great Dine

Game Length (shortest to longest): EP 1, EP 2, EP 3, EP 5, EP 6, EP 4.

EP 5 wasn't really too long at all the beginning before the 1st twilight was, but everything after that was pretty quick. EP 4 is the longest installment so far.

And Ryukishi did say some people were close to finding the truth. But I think he may have very high aspirations for his readers.

Still I think at this point Kyrie is the culprit. Despite her early death this episode it is very likely either way.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:36   Link #126
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
EP 5 wasn't really too long at all the beginning before the 1st twilight was, but everything after that was pretty quick. EP 4 is the longest installment so far.
Ep4 was massive, yeah. I'm not expecting something on that level.

Ep1 was the shortest? Really? It just dragged... and dragged... and dragged...

Quote:
And Ryukishi did say some people were close to finding the truth. But I think he may have very high aspirations for his readers.
Ya think? If anyone had reached this golden Truth of his I think we'd have heard at least a little about it...

Quote:
Still I think at this point Kyrie is the culprit. Despite her early death in half the episodes it is very likely either way.
Fixed for you.

I'd like to hear why you think this, actually... spec thread?
Old 2009-12-30, 13:45   Link #127
Marion
The Great Dine

EP 1 dragged at the start but it is the shortest. EP 2 is about the same length as EP 1 as well.

Kyrie's deaths:
EP 1-2: 1st twilight
EP 3: 6th twilight
EP 4: 8th twilight(?)
EP 5: Unknown
EP 6: 1st twilight

Some things to support culprit Kyrie:

1) Mammon's stake was found by the police in EP 4. Kyrie was gouged with Mammon in EP 3. We know for a fact someone faked their death and then killed Nanjo in EP 3.

2) Kyrie is one of the smarter people on the island. If she didn't kill people then I'm sure she had something to do with the closed rooms. Especially with her love for mysteries and all, she has a good understanding of how to make a puzzling closed room and how to solve them.

3) Ange's sudden illness. People just don't get sick in one day. There are usually symptoms leading up to an illness. Ange has a cold, a fever, stomach problems and diarrhea. These aren't normal flu symptoms in the least. Kyrie either purposely gave her something to make her sick or if you want to go a more sympathetic route: someone poisoned Ange and forced Kyrie to cooperate in order to get a cure. Kyrie agreed and the cure was mailed to her father, signed with Kyrie's name saying the cure was Ange's medicine.

4) EP 5 clearly states that she can easily throw away compassion if nescessary.

5) Again, if you want to do a sympathetic route, Kyrie asked Battler in EP 1 to try and think about whats going on with Maria. She urged him to get into the mystery first. She could want him to solve whatever is going on, since she can't tell him directly out of fear of the culprit. But then the culprit kills her anyway.

6) EP 6 specifically she's a very odd target in it all. The culprit obviously has a grudge against Rosa and George killing Eva is how he wanted to marry Shannon. Maria being attacked because she wanted to protect Rosa. Battler committed suicide and Natsuhi was apparently killed by Sorcerer Battler. But why did Jessica kill Kyrie. It doesn't really make sense to be honest.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:08   Link #128
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

In general, I think I'm pretty disappointed with this episode from what I've heard so far, but we'll see when we start getting more, you know, concrete information. Like colored text...
Old 2009-12-30, 14:16   Link #129
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
In general, I think I'm pretty disappointed with this episode from what I've heard so far, but we'll see when we start getting more, you know, concrete information. Like colored text...
Actually there's not much red/blue text at all. This is the probably the episode that uses it the least, next to EP 3. Like Ryukishi said, EP 6 focuses a lot more on the story rather than the mystery.

However there is a major red text concerning people coming onto the island - that text basically denies anyone coming to the island after the murders begin.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:22   Link #130
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Actually there's not much red/blue text at all. This is the probably the episode that uses it the least, next to EP 3. Like Ryukishi said, EP 6 focuses a lot more on the story rather than the mystery.
The story that's almost completely fake, yeah. Not that I don't LIKE the story, but without red, we literally have confirmation of nothing.

Without red confirming events, they might as well not have happened.

Goodbye, trust in Ryukishi's writing ability. You were on the way out anyway.

Quote:
However this a major red text concerning people coming onto the island - that text basically denies anyone coming to the island after the murders begin.
But we already knew this. That's the whole damn point. Someone in Battler's family is killing everyone else and he has to find out who it is.

My big problem is that none of the spoilers I've seen so far seem to offer anything in the way of actual plot and/or mystery advancement. It just seems like one huge troll and Ryukishi shoving yet ANOTHER pointless Higurashi cameo into the mix.

This episode, so far, seems to be comprised of everything I find wrong with Umineko.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:27   Link #131
Marion
The Great Dine

The new woman isn't really a Higurashi cameo. If you thinks she's a cameo then Bern is an even bigger cameo by default. All she has are horns and that's it. The outfits the Siestas and Stakes have are a bigger cameo than that

But it's not like there is no red text. Not as much but it is there.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:30   Link #132
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
The new woman isn't really a Higurashi cameo. If you thinks she's a cameo then Bern is an even bigger cameo by default. All she has are horns and that's it. The outfits the Siestas and Stakes have are a bigger cameo than that
Then why does she know Bern?

And please tell me she's related to the Rokkenjima events. Please.

Quote:
But it's not like there is no red text. Not as much but it is there.
Still, it's... just... Sigh.

Ah well. Whatever. Again, I'll probably like it more when we have more information besides lol the lovers are all killers.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:33   Link #133
Marion
The Great Dine

That woman primarily appears in 1998. She apparently helped Ange out after the entire Kasumi thing. But she is not Hanyuu.

I think you're just worrying too much The red I mentioned in specific says that only 17 people, including Erika, exist on the island at all times. Which is actually a major mindfuck because Erika is suppose to be the 18th person.

Shkannon is back folks
Old 2009-12-30, 14:34   Link #134
Crontica

There is no red text in this ep!? Wowza. thats like jumping into an ocean without a boat...
Old 2009-12-30, 14:36   Link #135
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
There is no red text in this ep!? Wowza. thats like jumping into an ocean without a boat...
Again there IS red text. Not as much as in EP 5 or 4, but it IS there.

Ryukishi said he was focusing on the story, of course he wouldn't put as much mystery aspects, such as the red. But still we do get some answers in this game.

1) Some type of explosion did occur on the island. It's confirmed by Erika's dead TIPs at the end of the game.
2) We find out more about Battler's sin and its basically confirmed to be a broken promise made to Beatrice.
3) Real men do cry.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:37   Link #136
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
That woman primarily appears in 1998. She apparently helped Ange out after the entire Kasumi thing. But she is not Hanyuu.
Wait, so... does that mean that she's ON Rokkenjima, or...?

Wasn't this game supposed to be solvable after Ep4? WHY do we keep getting new real-world characters?!

There is no way this is solvable. None.

Quote:
I think you're just worrying too much The red I mentioned in specific says that only 17 people, including Erika, exist on the island at all times. Which is actually a major mindfuck because Erika is suppose to be the 18th person.

Shkannon is back folks
Pretty much the only one that works is Shkannon, yeah.

Well, that's confirmation of that, then. Poor shippers.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:38   Link #137
Marion
The Great Dine

Well someone could be in disguise, if you like Kyrie=Kasumi or something to that extent. Another theory is that Erika never existed - she was literally written in as an imaginary sue by Bern. Her dead TIPs also say that some people write her into the story of what happened, but others don't. In short her existence during the murders is debatable.

No she doesn't appear on Rokkenjima. And the game is solvable. Everything else after EP 4 are solutions and added hints.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:41   Link #138
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Ryukishi said he was focusing on the story, of course he wouldn't put as much mystery aspects, such as the red. But still we do get some answers in this game.
That we don't get much in the way of answers basically confirms an Ep8, eh? Which if this is solvable at all I suspect will just be an epilogue where Battler fixes and explains everything.

Quote:
Well someone could be in disguise, if you like Kyrie=Kasumi or something to that extent. Another theory is that Erika never existed - she was literally written in as an imaginary sue by Bern.
Then that means that there's only 16 people.

CHESS.

Quote:
No she doesn't appear on Rokkenjima.
Then what point does she serve? Please tell me, I'm so worried.

Quote:
And the game is solvable. Everything else after EP 4 are solutions and added hints.
You keep telling yourself that. =P
Old 2009-12-30, 14:41   Link #139
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
she was literally written in as an imaginary sue by Bern.
Which would fit to the "scribbling on the chessboard" thing
Old 2009-12-30, 14:41   Link #140
luckyssol

Quote:
Pretty much the only one that works is Shkannon, yeah.

Well, that's confirmation of that, then. Poor shippers.
Shannon=Kanon was a joke and was never meant to be taken seriously. The red text from Episode 3 confirms they are different people:
6 people: Kinzo, Genji, Shannon, Kanon, Gohda, and Kumasawa are dead!