AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 14:39   Link #641
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It was made clear way before it arrived that it would be short, there just wasn't much clarification on how short until a month or two prior, which even then is still plenty of time. It was never deliberately hidden from anyone and besides the reduced price in itself should have been a clear indication it wasn't the full game. It kind of boggles the mind as to how anyone could make that mistake.

That aside a prologue to one of their biggest titles to date hardly sets a president for the future, and I doubt its something we'll see from them again any time soon.

At the end of the day the content on offer is worth the small price, in my view at least.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 20:26   Link #642
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
The Gray Fox skin has those electric effect while running similar to Raiden, but I'm not really sure whether it also has the speed increase or not.
There is not speed increase on the sprint. It's just effects. I've got a friend that owns an Xboxone we compared, Raiden really does run faster. They need to give this guy something unique.

89%.....Still need to get all hard missions on S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Yeah, MGS1 Gray Fox skin does increase your overall running speed, plus straight out running into enemies has a chance of knocking them out too~

Drawback from what I noticed is that I think the range for CQC take-downs seems alittle shorter...
Really we never really noticed that when we compared it hmmm. I think my friend needs to move his xboxone to my place. lol

So the Gray Fox is like Raiden faster running but Shorter CQC. We we do get a Raiden indeed in PS3 as well.
Old 2014-03-28, 20:44   Link #643
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Yeah, MGS1 Gray Fox skin does increase your overall running speed, plus straight out running into enemies has a chance of knocking them out too~

Drawback from what I noticed is that I think the range for CQC take-downs seems alittle shorter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
There is not speed increase on the sprint. It's just effects. I've got a friend that owns an Xboxone we compared, Raiden really does run faster. They need to give this guy something unique.

89%.....Still need to get all hard missions on S.
That's interesting. I haven't tried it yet but I do feel gray fox is a little faster, hence why I'm not so sure. Does Raiden have other abilites aside from running speed? and does he have some bonus skins as well?

I managed to S-rank all missions on both normal and hard. I managed the Intel Operative Rescue mission I mentioned previously by fiddling with the camera sensitivity and turned on the auto aim (I forgot this game still has one ). Shaved off 2 minutes and 1 retry thanks to those

I'm still stuck at 92 (or 95%, I forgot). Anyone knows how to unlock all the trials?
Old 2014-03-29, 01:23   Link #644
com_gwp

Just managed to sink a couple of hours into Ground Zeroes, and I coming off with some really good impressions. Trust Kojima to hype me up for phantom pain with that ending. 2015 can't come soon enough.

Gameplay-wise it sort of feels now like I'm playing some splinter cell/MGS hybrid, what with the reworked stealth system and enemy marking. I also kinda miss having a radar (no the phone app doesn't count) and having an entire armory on me at any time.

But as a prelude to what we can expect, I like it. The MGS stealth freedom is intact in the transition to open world, all it really needs is more toys/gadgets/mechanics to play with, and maybe a stealth % tracker like in MGS3/peace walker. I also really, really hope they bring back a wall hug button. It annoys me to no end that I can't move up and down cover.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 18:25   Link #645
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
That's interesting. I haven't tried it yet but I do feel gray fox is a little faster, hence why I'm not so sure. Does Raiden have other abilites aside from running speed? and does he have some bonus skins as well?

I managed to S-rank all missions on both normal and hard. I managed the Intel Operative Rescue mission I mentioned previously by fiddling with the camera sensitivity and turned on the auto aim (I forgot this game still has one ). Shaved off 2 minutes and 1 retry thanks to those

I'm still stuck at 92 (or 95%, I forgot). Anyone knows how to unlock all the trials?
My friend and I both compared again (I had to bring my PS3 to his place!), seems indeed with the Grayfox "Exo-skeleton" power suit BigBoss does move as fast as Raiden in the Xbone ver. Though Raiden and Grayfox skin have a bit of lag or slower when doing rapid cqc punch and kicks.

Stuff I think I still miss is not killing anyone, tagging everyone in the base, not alerting people, opening locked doors rescuing all POW's and that damn chopper to rescue Kojima at hard mode....

Also here for lolz

Problem?
Old 2014-03-29, 20:13   Link #646
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
My friend and I both compared again (I had to bring my PS3 to his place!), seems indeed with the Grayfox "Exo-skeleton" power suit BigBoss does move as fast as Raiden in the Xbone ver. Though Raiden and Grayfox skin have a bit of lag or slower when doing rapid cqc punch and kicks.

Stuff I think I still miss is not killing anyone, tagging everyone in the base, not alerting people, opening locked doors rescuing all POW's and that damn chopper to rescue Kojima at hard mode....
That's literally a side-by-side comparison but it's good to see that the electric effect isn't just a gimmick. I have also tried ramming through soldiers with him and it was fun having the base on alert while runnng around dodging bullets, complete with the "encounter" MGS1 BGM makes him very badass
Haven't tried the CQC yet though.

Some of the trials on dejavu mission is ridiculous. Such as killing all rodents and crows

I managed a 100% completion last night. Apparently we don't need to do all of the trials, we just need to unlock them. After S-rank-ing all missions on all difficulties, we have to complete the trials on top of the list (typically "mark all enemies" in normal and "fastest completion time" on hard). The rest of the trials below them on the list will unlock after that.
Old 2014-03-29, 22:45   Link #647
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Just saw a playthrough. All in all, this was a good prologue. It set the mood for what's to follow in TPP, and got me very interested in seeing what comes next.

I thought the performances were good. James Horan sounded great as Skulface. Kinda sounded like Crispin Freeman from time to time, but that's just something I noticed. Tara Strong was really good. Robin Atkin Downes was good, only line I found his delivery funny was "They played us like a goddamn fiddle!" Kiefer Sutherland sounded bored at times. But he was great in scenes which required emotion. His voice suits Big Boss.
Old 2014-03-30, 19:50   Link #648
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

No way. This is just a theory
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-30, 20:47   Link #649
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I-I can believe the theory of Frank Jaeger being Big Boss in Phantom Pain... but that theory?

No.... just.... no...
Old 2014-03-30, 22:21   Link #650
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Knowing that Kojima is out of hsi fucking mind, this possibility cannot be totally ruled out.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 22:56   Link #651
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

For more on Quiet's true identity

Images
Old 2014-03-31, 01:06   Link #652
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Images
I knew it... Quiet was a trap all along

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 11:34   Link #653
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Images
Oh man, the final pic made me laugh more than I should have
Old 2014-03-31, 13:03   Link #654
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Jesus... wow XD If this turns out true, Trolled by Kojima! If it turns out False, TROLLED AGAIN!
Old 2014-03-31, 22:24   Link #655
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i didn't even know i wanted to play this game until i wanted to play it immediately. like i was HUGE into MGS3 and MGS4 but real life is starting to take its toll, and i'm not nearly into games as much as i was in high school/undergrad. but man, i just watched the extended trailer (from 9 months ago) and read about what they showed off in ground zeroes, and OH MY GOD.

and about the length, it was like people who bought zone of the enders solely for the MGS2 preview. its not too far off from that length, except you got a full game with it..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 05:17   Link #656
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
That's literally a side-by-side comparison but it's good to see that the electric effect isn't just a gimmick. I have also tried ramming through soldiers with him and it was fun having the base on alert while runnng around dodging bullets, complete with the "encounter" MGS1 BGM makes him very badass
Haven't tried the CQC yet though.

Some of the trials on dejavu mission is ridiculous. Such as killing all rodents and crows

I managed a 100% completion last night. Apparently we don't need to do all of the trials, we just need to unlock them. After S-rank-ing all missions on all difficulties, we have to complete the trials on top of the list (typically "mark all enemies" in normal and "fastest completion time" on hard). The rest of the trials below them on the list will unlock after that.
True we did it with 2 tv's! Well at least I save some electric bill on my place. lol

Anyways still haven't killed all the crows and rats yet. Unlocked all the doors now at 94%

HOLY!!! WTF?! Now I doin't wanna buy the Quite Play Arts Kai. Chico is 13 or 14 years old. Pretty much the 9 year comma of BigBoss makes her...I mean him 23 or so in MGSTPP.

Also Kojima....You son of a biatch...Tweeting hot dogs....

EDIT...

Aww...shoot....The Japanese VA of Chico is Kikuko Inoue aka Belldandy. OMG....If we see Chico's VA as Kikuko Inoue...alright.

3rd Edit. OMG YOUTUBE!!!

YouTube
Old 2014-04-01, 07:26   Link #657
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
LMAO it's Final Fight Poison all over again.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 11:58   Link #658
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It's a april fools joke. XD
Old 2014-04-02, 03:34   Link #659
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I don't care if that's an April's Fools joke or not. IT MIGHT BECOME REAL!

But one thing is for certain Stefanie Joosten is hot. Lucky Kojima!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTrNmqBCQAEpXfY.jpg
Old 2014-04-12, 00:49   Link #660
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Less talkative Snake jokingly because Keifer is an expensive VA. Seems there is truth to this in a certain way.

A cooler way to attract guards besides knocking on walls, what will Snake do? Dress up as a female to seduce guards? LOL

Cardboard box will return.

Kaz Miller will be also less talkative when giving info or instructing Snake.

YouTube