kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 22:30   Link #22
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
u make me feel like reading the manga and watching the anime at the same time
i didn't really get what u mean there, sorry
and whats with the finger...is it for me? if it is......i got nothing to say, its new year so ppl can get a little high...
oh wait...thats ur signature....lol never mind, my bad sorry man
parn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 22:56   Link #23
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by parn34
i didn't really get what u mean there, sorry
and whats with the finger...is it for me? if it is......i got nothing to say, its new year so ppl can get a little high...
oh wait...thats ur signature....lol never mind, my bad sorry man

relax, what i meant was having the manga on my hand and my eyes will focus on both the anime and the manga.
Old 2003-12-31, 23:09   Link #24
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
relax, what i meant was having the manga on my hand and my eyes will focus on both the anime and the manga.
that would be a neat trick, teach me if u succed at it, lol
Old 2003-12-31, 23:24   Link #25
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Actually, the direction for the anime is quite impeccable all things considered. The director did a really nice job of presenting at least a sense of drama using the stills (by having them drawn certain ways, camera panning and junk).
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-31, 23:34   Link #26
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta
Actually, the direction for the anime is quite impeccable all things considered. The director did a really nice job of presenting at least a sense of drama using the stills (by having them drawn certain ways, camera panning and junk).
but there were too much still shots, it get annoying...i'm watching an anime, not slide show...
Old 2004-01-01, 00:05   Link #27
Fronzel
Schmuck

Sadly, despite downloading all of it months ago, I haven't watched beyond the first episode, and I've never seen the manga, so I'm kinda unqualified, but I'll say that the "dark" nature of the anime attracts me. There's already so many fantasy comedies, and some good ones at that, why do more? So yay for th' anime.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 02:01   Link #28
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Sadly, despite downloading all of it months ago, I haven't watched beyond the first episode, and I've never seen the manga, so I'm kinda unqualified, but I'll say that the "dark" nature of the anime attracts me. There's already so many fantasy comedies, and some good ones at that, why do more? So yay for th' anime.
if thats what u like then i have to suggest u read the manga, its got a even more darker storyline than the anime(thats the later half of the story though, beyond Vol 20) and the comedy part is not just funny, its extremely funny, i've seen many anime, and read many manga, but this is still the funnist one so far. plus the manga is got a great ending, the final battle is just amazing and touching. A master piece indeed
Old 2004-01-01, 03:59   Link #29
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Personally, I liked both the manga and the anime. They were both good in their owns ways. I also didn't really mind the fact that it had a very poor budget.
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-01, 04:03   Link #30
kamij0

Quote:
that would be a neat trick, teach me if u succed at it, lol

hmm, normally i will watch tv, watch my anime, and den go over to my icq and irc screens and then message my friends and at the same time download things. thats quite easy
Old 2004-01-01, 04:33   Link #31
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
I have both read the manga and watched the anime and I liked them both. The manga is funnier since is suppose to be, but some people don't seem to like the seriousness of the anime. The anime does follow the story line of the manga with some changes (expected since anime tend to change stuff around). The mood is what sets the anime apart from the manga. If people really didn't like it, I suggest that they watch the movie since that follows the mood of the manga more.
Old 2004-01-01, 11:35   Link #32
parn34
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
I have both read the manga and watched the anime and I liked them both. The manga is funnier since is suppose to be, but some people don't seem to like the seriousness of the anime. The anime does follow the story line of the manga with some changes (expected since anime tend to change stuff around). The mood is what sets the anime apart from the manga. If people really didn't like it, I suggest that they watch the movie since that follows the mood of the manga more.
seems everyone misunderstood me, i don't mind the story and all, after all my favor anime is berserk and no one can beat that dark storyline. the reason i hate it is because of too many still shots, and sometimes the dialog gets confusing...and 50% of the time is still shots or poor animation without lip movement....it's so painful to watch it...
Old 2004-01-01, 11:55   Link #33
Zippy-DSM

Send a message via ICQ to Zippy-DSM Send a message via AIM to Zippy-DSM Send a message via Yahoo to Zippy-DSM
I think hamelin dose the best with what it had budget wise
so the moive is more like the manga eh? thats neat I can get a feeling for it sicne I'll never see the managa *L*
Zippy-DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 01:24   Link #34
Haradim

I finished watching this series yesterday. It had a very promising first half...but it was fairly clear that it was only supposed to be the beginning of a larger story.

It's a pity that the VoH manga and anime seem so obscure. Were they more popular, one could hope that someone would pick up the anime, and re-do it with a more appropriate budget and series length. Alas...

But what was there was good, even if the second half suffered and eventually fell apart (IMO).
Haradim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 02:51   Link #35
marin

The game is very good and very funny...

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3415

You get to throw Flute around and into monsters and on top of traps (so you can use her as a stepping stone and such) and it's hilarious. It would almost be abuse if it weren't so cartoonish...
marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 03:00   Link #36
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I love both the anime tv series & movie versions of Violinist of Hamelin. Ther tv series is a lot darker and serious compared to the movie, but I perfer the darker Violinist of Hamelin. It suits the overall theme of human vs demons or demons vs humans thing. I really enjoyed all the music, I love classical music. I haven't read the manga or played the game yet is it worth the extra trouble.
Old 2004-01-07, 05:15   Link #37
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
hey i'm not trying to a start a war here, i never said i was, if u like the anime fine great, but i sat there watching the animated version of my favor manga turned into something like this....just the second episode alone gave me a headache...i mean it doesn't make sense....i've seen a lot of animes and i also study animation in college, i mean the frame of this anime is totally off, the scene they edited it a complete failure...like someone's head pop in out of no where when someone else is speaking...and too many still shots...all i can say is that the creator of the anime is really lazy.....they just add in a bunch of stuff when they did their editing... and most of all the voice is bad...not the voice actor but the quilty, i don't think they did the voice in a industry standard studio... and u guys like deep storylines?...wow where does the story first came from??the manga!!and someone said theat they liked the anime because its depressing...not sure if u seen the manga after Vol. 20? if u did u'll know which is more depressing, don't judge what i said until u read the entire serie of the manga cause i've seen the entire serie of the anime and read the entire serie of the manga, and this is the result i came up. I'm not trying to start anything but if u just seen like 6 vol of the manga then u really don't know what the manga is like, its around 37 VOl in total, read them all then argu with me, like i said in the beging, this anime is crap when u compare it to the manga, i've seen worst anime, but a great manga trun out like this...come on...u know the ranma1/2 anime is better than this, and thats based on a popular manga( i'm not talking about storyline here, just the technique they used for the anime)
You can't even spell You. So your judge on accuracy is nill.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 08:41   Link #38
d0d0lee
だいおもしろ

Quote:
seems everyone misunderstood me, i don't mind the story and all, after all my favor anime is berserk and no one can beat that dark storyline. the reason i hate it is because of too many still shots, and sometimes the dialog gets confusing...and 50% of the time is still shots or poor animation without lip movement....it's so painful to watch it...

You've got me interested... you said you've read the chinese version of the manga so can you tell me it's chinese name?? would like to get it as well...
i kindda feel sorry for you for getting fired on by so many pple... i sort of understand what you mean... i've read the chinese manga (don know english or jap name) with tsuzuki and hisoka as main characters in it and when i watched the anime i was upset(understatement) as what attracted me to the series wasn't there.... so there, you have my support for what its worth!!!
d0d0lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 05:57   Link #39
Goshzilla

Isn't that being a little excessive

Quote:
so they had a small budget to do the anime....no wonder...hahaha
the music in the anime is great, but that doesn't make the anime great since they didn't compose them..they are well known piece composed by some of the most famous musician.
like what i said, if they can take the still shots out, and do take time do the anime, the camera angle of the secene and all, it would be great.
i was amazed by the opening of the first episode, where they had the battle with evil king number 2, but after that was just disapointment...
Slow down there. Do you know how expensive it is to purchase classical music for a tv show? I'm not talking about going to a music store. When you deal with using recorded music for the sake of putting it in a background for a tv show, there are numerous fees that have to be paid in order for the show to be legally aired.

There are many instances where they purchased classical music for the show.

Mahler's 6th Symphony(1st movement)
Beethoven's 7th Symphony(either 2nd or 3rd movement)
Tchikovsky's Swan Lake
The Nutcracker Suite
Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto
Mozart's Requiem

There might be a few more, but anyway, the show's budget probably got drained from having to purchase liscenses to classical music.

The only areas in the anime that bugged me was that(spoilers):
1.) Cornet and Trombone's marriage was kind of tacked on at the last minute. There wasn't alot of effort to develop their relationship.
2.) Ocarina was in their for almost no other purpose but to crash the air ship. I would like to have known more about her, and her relationship with her father Oboe.
3.) Oboe's "falling" with a human(which I assume led to Ocarina's birth), was not fully fleshed out.
4.) Why was there a fossil inside the box?
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:17   Link #40
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I watched this anime on its own merits a month ago and loved it for its focus on music and its dark atmosphere (although I've seen darker, try Gilgamesh). Far from being "the worst anime ever," Violinist of Hamelin is very nearly a classic. Don't let anything anybody has said in this forum detract you from watching it.

Oh, and if that Parn guy is still around, I'd like to give him a digital slap in the face. I looked in this forum just to see what people's impressions of the anime were and he revealed a very big spoiler and neglected to use a spoiler tag. GRRRRR....my fault, too, I guess for looking in the forum to begin with.
wsheit is offline   Reply With Quote