AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-11, 20:49   Link #5161
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ My source, creds to original poster.
wish theyd told us how many novels they r covering and how many eps they'll have
Old 2010-10-11, 21:46   Link #5162
Plant42

Quote:
Summaries for Episodes 2 to 5

05: Lotus Wand
The nuns of the Roman Catholic Church attack Touma and the others. With the sheer numbers of their enemy pressuring them, they flee to the nearest church and there, they polish up a plan to fight back. With the plans completed, Touma goes off alone to face the leader of the Roman Catholic Church nuns: Agnese Sanctis.
Seems like this EP will has something change from the novel.
Old 2010-10-11, 21:47   Link #5163
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

They will most likely cover volumes 7-13 and it will be 24 episodes.
Old 2010-10-11, 21:53   Link #5164
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
I don't know- after all, it was sheer numbers even in the novel that made Touma flee into the church
Old 2010-10-11, 21:53   Link #5165
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
They will most likely cover volumes 7-13 and it will be 24 episodes.
You would have thought that but in the trailer the show terra who's from V.14 and they show aqua fighting which he didnt do till the 16th novel. He does appear in 13 but only to pick up vent
Old 2010-10-11, 21:57   Link #5166
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
If the episode spoiler is true then we wouldn't get to see some nun torturing and prince comes rescue princes scenes.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:09   Link #5167
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Isn't vol. 8 covered by Railgun? I ask, because, you know, I didn't watch railgun.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:13   Link #5168
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
You would have thought that but in the trailer the show terra who's from V.14 and they show aqua fighting which he didnt do till the 16th novel. He does appear in 13 but only to pick up vent
Basing it off season 1's pacing, there's no way they'll get to 16, or probably even 14. Acqua and Terra's attacks are probably from the second opening, like how a lot of the preview scenes consisted of the first opening. Besides, they probably would've had a hinting at volume 15 since it's a bloodbath, but it just ended with Accelerator greeting Kihara.

Also, since Terra calls Acqua at pretty much the end of the show, they probably wanted to get his character design in for some early practice since they had to get a voice actor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Isn't vol. 8 covered by Railgun? I ask, because, you know, I didn't watch railgun.
Only the girly scenes with some of their own tastes mixed in, so expect some rehashing. The actual plot isn't touched, and it's a good amount of the novel.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:48   Link #5169
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Summaries for Episodes 2 to 5

02: The Book of the Law
Orsola Aquinas, the Roman Catholic Church's Decoder who is able to decipher The Book of the Law, is abducted by the Amakusa Church. Meanwhile, Amakusa's former Priestess (read as Lady Pontiff) [Kaori] Kanzaki still cannot be reached. In fear of possible conflicts that may ensue, the Church of England (or Anglican Church) sends Stiyl Magnus.

03: Amakusa
Touma, together with Stiyl, rescues Orsola from the Amakusa while assassins lurk inside Parallel Sweets Park (or Wonderland). Somehow, Orsola manages to get out safely, while Stiyl is hurt in the rescue.

04: Sheol Fear
The Substitute Pontiff of the Amakusa Church, Saiji Tatemiya informs Touma and Stiyl that the Roman Catholic Church probably wants Orsola delivered to them to have her killed in secrecy. Just earlier, they are attacked by agents from the Roman Catholic Church and Saiji wants Touma to warn Stiyl that he is going to be dragged into a scandal that involves the Roman Catholic Church that he will not be able to intervene to.

05: Lotus Wand
The nuns of the Roman Catholic Church attack Touma and the others. With the sheer numbers of their enemy pressuring them, they flee to the nearest church and there, they polish up a plan to fight back. With the plans completed, Touma goes off alone to face the leader of the Roman Catholic Church nuns: Agnese Sanctis.
Looks like they are unnecessarily changing some of the best moments in the novel. That really sucks. I hope those summary's aren't correct.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:50   Link #5170
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Take this with a grain of salt, by the way. I'm still not that much experienced in translating Japanese.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:51   Link #5171
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Looks like they are unnecessarily changing some of the best moments in the novel. That really sucks. I hope those summary's aren't correct.
I hope they're wrong.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:53   Link #5172
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can someone more experienced with Japanese translate this? @_@
Or at least double-check my translation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-11, 22:53   Link #5173
tsunade666

This thing happen after Accelerator stops the attack that should have taken down the Eurasia.

Because of that translation I was forced to know what happens next so when start reading vol 22. I skip the first part and unto the battle.

After the attack of Fiamma is stop, he was surprised that someone manage to stop an attack of the imitation of the angel's power or along those lines.

Then Touma with his reborn hand and full of blood begun rushing towards Fiamma.

Fiamma tried to use his 3rd arm by using index knowledge. But he can't access index knowledge anymore. Fiamma knows index was being kept in the Necesarius HQ. Maybe they had stop or something and due to that. Fiamma was been cut off from the knowledge of Index.

And without the knowledge of index. He can't control the holy right by himself. And in front of him is an enemy that he can't win without it.

He lost the use of a controller that can't be use anymore as a controller.

Fiamma begun to feel fear and said something but I can't translate it well so I would live it that unless someone kind enough to translate what fiamma is saying while his pissing his pants off

as for touma " First of all I would destroy that illusions of yours"

The roaring sound exploded as well as fiamma's face becoming deformed by the fist of Kamijou Touma.

The remote control to control Index was lost from Fiamma's hand as well as the control of the star of Bethlehem and without it. The Star would fall.

Fiamma without an ounce of strength left to even move his fingers was left their lying and can't get back up.
Old 2010-10-11, 23:02   Link #5174
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

the episode summaries BETTER be wrong
Old 2010-10-11, 23:23   Link #5175
tsunade666

continuation from where fiamma is lost.

Touma searched for the escape pod ( I call it escape pot because it looks like an escape pod on which you use to escape from a crashing ship ( as for the appearance of the escape pod it looks like a telephone booth )

Touma knows by looking at it that it can only be used by one person. And he had to choose between Fiamma or him.

Then he goes back and carries Fiamma with Touma's blood rugged body if you compare it too fiamma who just lost all his strength and no physical wounds. Touma should be the one carried over.

Fiamma ask what is he planning to do and Touma only said I'm planning to save you. Fiamma knows that it's not the time to joke around and Touma looks serious.

The arrive at the escape pod and Touma puts Fiamma inside it.

Fiamma ask why is he doing this and Touma only laughs at the question of Fiamma.

Then he answered which I can't translate but it has the word "future"

then Touma close the door of the escape pod from the outside and launch it to the sky.

That's the end of part 3 of which chapter.... I don't know because I skip it -_-

the part 4 starts with Mikoto.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:00   Link #5176
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
i don't see where things are changed. the summaries describe exactly what was in vol 8.

@Marcus: translation's pretty much right.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:03   Link #5177
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
the episode summaries BETTER be wrong
What?

And thanks for the summary of the chapter Tsunade. I want to hear how the Mikoto even unfolded. D:
Old 2010-10-12, 00:05   Link #5178
tsunade666

in vol 7. They change the story of the roman catholic sisters torturing orsula and Touma coming to the rescue. the the rrc are the one who is using the church as their base and the british puritans are the one who raided it.

btw

from the novel

part 4 is where mikoto and imouto flying over the star of Bethlehem with a jet fighter. Mikoto is trying to save Touma but her ability can't be use to drag him up. I'm not sure yet if it's the one on the colored illustrations but Mikoto saw Touma saying something. She is far away because the jet fighter can't keep up with the decent of the star.

Though someone already spoiled that Touma and Mikoto would be having a conversation. Then it's probably later because Mikoto is still not giving up.

then part 5 is about Index and Touma's conversation.

Touma was about to say something here. "I ....... I" then index cute him off " return
without fail"

part 6 is Touma trying to control the star of Bethlehem. The size of the star of Bethlehem is around 40 kilometer radius. Touma needs to drag it into the arctic see because if it hits the land. it wouldn't just leave a small crater on the land of russia.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:38   Link #5179
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
04: Sheol Fear
The Substitute Pontiff of the Amakusa Church, Saiji Tatemiya informs Touma and Stiyl that the Roman Catholic Church probably wants Orsola delivered to them to have her killed in secrecy. Just earlier, they are attacked by agents from the Roman Catholic Church and Saiji wants Touma to warn Stiyl that he is going to be dragged into a scandal that involves the Roman Catholic Church that he will not be able to intervene to.
Surely a whole episode will not just be the talk between Touma, Stiyl, Index and Saiji. Don't worry, they are intentionally skipping the major twists/events in these previews (in fact, these previews probably only mention the first 3-5 or so minutes of the episode). For example, the title here mentions Sheol Fear (or Hell Fear), yet there is no mention of Index going against the nuns in the summary. For Ep05, "flee to the nearest church" might have meant "flee to the nearest chapel" (The Church of Orsola is formed by 7 chapels). But we'll see...
Old 2010-10-12, 01:01   Link #5180
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
from the novel

part 4 is where mikoto and imouto flying over the star of Bethlehem with a jet fighter. Mikoto is trying to save Touma but her ability can't be use to drag him up. I'm not sure yet if it's the one on the colored illustrations but Mikoto saw Touma saying something. She is far away because the jet fighter can't keep up with the decent of the star.

Though someone already spoiled that Touma and Mikoto would be having a conversation. Then it's probably later because Mikoto is still not giving up.
That's all for them no more conversation, the last parts of this chapter are Touma vs Gabriel and his death.

It's really sad. In his last moment he began to think about all the things he had done until now, starts from his memory lost to the Coup'de tat. Every arcs in the past was mentioned.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen