AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-13, 02:11   Link #61
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Perhaps she's more popular in the manga already? Or maybe it is just a memory because her design seems to reflect previous pupular characters (Yomi, Kagami, and Kyou).
Old 2009-04-13, 04:14   Link #62
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I feel it's tradition on KyoAni...though I think differently when it comes to Lucky Star.
Old 2009-04-13, 05:27   Link #63
scr
my sides are in orbit

this post is probably going to be deleted for being pointless, but for me Mio's appeal is due to being left-handed and that she plays bass. Which is so very similar with me. Anyone who play bass is sexy-- even more so with added yuri elements.

OK, i actually can't play any musical instrument (not even castanets!). But whatever.

One of my guitarist buddy told me that Mio uses actual Fender bass specifically made for left-handed people, can anyone confirm this?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2009-04-13, 06:25   Link #64
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
One of my guitarist buddy told me that Mio uses actual Fender bass specifically made for left-handed people, can anyone confirm this?
Yeah, that's right.
http://www.bassguitars.org.uk/left-h...ard-jazz-bass/
Old 2009-04-13, 11:19   Link #65
bugal
Cereal Killer

*wave* Hi another certified Mio-tard here. *sigh* I've always had a weakness for shy characters and tsunderes. Well Mio is definitely not a tsundere, but she certainly fits the bill. GAHH! I'm a Mio+holic! Dangnabit!
Old 2009-04-13, 14:10   Link #66
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
this post is probably going to be deleted for being pointless, but for me Mio's appeal is due to being left-handed and that she plays bass. Which is so very similar with me. Anyone who play bass is sexy-- even more so with added yuri elements.

OK, i actually can't play any musical instrument (not even castanets!). But whatever.

Ladies can play the bass. Plenty of bands have them.
Old 2009-04-14, 01:33   Link #67
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I has been wondering how Mio's little hat in the ending can stay in one side of her head. The only character i knows (who have that little hat), require a band to hold it there:
Spoiler for Another manga:
Old 2009-04-14, 02:18   Link #68
Amber.Dawn

Mio uses sheer willpower.

Either that or tape. Tape fixes everything.
Old 2009-04-14, 03:16   Link #69
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Mio uses sheer willpower.

Either that or tape. Tape fixes everything.
Oh, wait i may found the solution (as i don't know if tape can hold a hat like that.

It's something called hatpin (don't ask me about that symbol, i don't know why 's it there-_-')
Old 2009-04-14, 03:18   Link #70
Amber.Dawn

Yeah, I thought it was a hatpin too, but nothing beats tape ^^.
Old 2009-04-14, 06:56   Link #71
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Still don't fully understand why this one is the most popular. One argued it was because of the difficulty of sticking her into one of the usual tropes. On the one hand, she seems to act like a foil for Ritsu's shenanigans, but on the other her shyness and fear of anything morbid is easily exploited. Moreover, she is neither overly "tsun" nor "dere" and her character design doesn't give too much away in terms of personality traits.

In any case, she seems to have earned her popularity. I'm not about to board the train yet until we get an episode that focuses solely on her, but I am considering buying a ticket.
Old 2009-04-14, 07:37   Link #72
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Still don't fully understand why this one is the most popular. One argued it was because of the difficulty of sticking her into one of the usual tropes. On the one hand, she seems to act like a foil for Ritsu's shenanigans, but on the other her shyness and fear of anything morbid is easily exploited. Moreover, she is neither overly "tsun" nor "dere" and her character design doesn't give too much away in terms of personality traits.

In any case, she seems to have earned her popularity. I'm not about to board the train yet until we get an episode that focuses solely on her, but I am considering buying a ticket.
I understand that Mio is just a fictional character, but it's not appropriate to call her "this one" =/

Back to the topic, i agree that what you said is true at some degrees. Not only Mio, but the first time i realise Haruhi is not the kind of character i presumed she should be, i also almost jumped with excitement.

While i can't predict future episodes, my hunch say she will be liked more as the anime process, not less =]
Old 2009-04-14, 08:22   Link #73
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I understand that Mio is just a fictional character, but it's not appropriate to call her "this one" =/
I'm a whore for third-person pronouns. Though if I were to really offend you, I would admit that I secretly harbor the desire to see her character get broken. Oh wait, I just did :V

Quote:
While i can't predict future episodes, my hunch say she will be liked more as the anime process, not less =]
Well, this is to be expected when the culture festival hits.
Also, /r/ YenPress licenses this. Fits their 4koma bill quite nicely.
Old 2009-04-14, 08:57   Link #74
velvet nightmare

why does she become the lead singer for the band if she said she has a shy personality?
Old 2009-04-14, 10:18   Link #75
DidCart

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
why does she become the lead singer for the band if she said she has a shy personality?
We will see it in the next episodes.
Old 2009-04-14, 10:35   Link #76
ChronoReverse

Mio has a Nice Hat, therefore she wins.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:31   Link #77
SidVicious
Anime addict

Mio is cute, shy and cute.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:58   Link #78
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I preferred her from the start in episode 1 as she acted as the 'voice of reason' to Ritsu's idiotic energy. "That never happened"

Shy nature, looks and voice are the bonus features that sell the package. That ED... sold.
Old 2009-04-14, 16:05   Link #79
Amber.Dawn

Am I one of the few who prefer the Op over the Ed?
Old 2009-04-14, 16:49   Link #80
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think the best thing I like about her is she has nice boobs, maybe part of the reason besides her hair that I think she looks like Zange-chan.

My favourite female bassist is male so I think that's why I'm not too much into her female bassist trait.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2009-04-14 at 17:12.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters