AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-18, 09:34   Link #22241
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ok, the Crack (or Khrack) must be getting to me, either that or something else...
And yeah, maybe the Vivio part was a bit too much
But the amounts of DNA are small anyway.

Though, in Koji's case...did you read the incident that gave him that ability?
Scaglietti wasn't actually involved, but he did provide the Relic, that whole "Experimental Relic Weapon" stuff was just to mess with Koji, tease him and hit where it hurts the most.

Besides, I'm not going to develop it more than this, it's just to explain some events, like why hasn't Relic number 11 been found (though if there's a 4th season of Nanoha that talks about it, I'm gonna get ION CANON'ed, hard! ), and Scaglietti could be lying...

So, please don't worry about it...

Also, do explain that "Orochimaru Syndrome", I haven't heard about it yet...
"Orochimaru Syndrome" is a term form the Narutoverse. Before the revelation of the truths behind various important events like the attack of Kyuubi or the Uchiha massacre, Orochimaru was the main villain. As such, fanfiction usually blamed Orochimaru for anything evil happening. He was behind the Kyuubi attack, he was behind the Uchiha massacre, he was behind any wars that may or may not orccur in the fic, he controlled Danzou and so on and so on. He was basically behind everything that happened in the manga. Jail is now giving of similar vibes, behing behind every tragic event that happens. Why on earth would he even give away that Relic? What were his motivations? It's not like he'd care about an experiment that has nothing to do with his goals whatsoever. Jail is not the type to randomnly do things, everything he does is with his own goals firmly in mind.

The DNA thing with Treize was... completely unnecisary, even more so when you say it is 'only a small amount anyway' if it has no effect, why even have it?

Koji... is by far the worst of in this situation. He already has the 'everyone he encounters likes or loves him' atribute, and now he suddenly is an experimental weapon? Not only that, but he holds the illustrous Relic 11 to top it off? That is a major storyline impact there, concidering the importance the Relic had initially. Apparently it also gives him his amazing 'I can understand everyone and make everyone happy' powers... The amount of connections Koji has to CC's just keeps growing and growing, and that's not always a good sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
...isn't Number 11 inside Kha after Sophia asked him to swallow it in Nanoha/Cente Gravia...? Kha's named after the 11th Midchilda alphabet after all... Though you did make me realize that Kha has permanently yellow pupils and white hair...

*runs at ludicrious speed*
And why would Sophia be the one to 'allow' such a thing?

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-03-18 at 10:53.
Old 2008-03-18, 09:34   Link #22242
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Ok, the Crack (or Khrack) must be getting to me, either that or something else...
And yeah, maybe the Vivio part was a bit too much
But the amounts of DNA are small anyway.

Though, in Koji's case...did you read the incident that gave him that ability?
Scaglietti wasn't actually involved, but he did provide the Relic, that whole "Experimental Relic Weapon" stuff was just to mess with Koji, tease him and hit where it hurts the most.

Besides, I'm not going to develop it more than this, it's just to explain some events, like why hasn't Relic number 11 been found (though if there's a 4th season of Nanoha that talks about it, I'm gonna get ION CANON'ed, hard! ), and Scaglietti could be lying...

So, please don't worry about it...
DNA doesn't have to be in large amounts to have "interesting" effects on people.

And about that 4th season...somehow it doesn't look as though there'll be another one. The ending of StrikerS was surprisingly more "conclusive" in nature than the other 2, all plot holes nonwithstanding.

(I'm referring, of course, to the ending cinematics)

@Thread: How many Relics are there, and how many haven't been found?

Quote:
Also, do explain that "Orochimaru Syndrome", I haven't heard about it yet...
If it's the "mess with everything possible to be messed with" syndrome, and the "screw with everything possible to be screwed with" syndrome then I think I know it.

Although I don't really think that's what Keroko was talking about...

Quote:
Only Maren knows about it...no one else does
And it isn't an IS...just an uncontrolable ability, like that mind reader in Code Geass, Mao or Gao (or whatever his name was )
His name is Mao. He had the Power of the Listener, iirc.

Gao...The GaoGaiGar khrack must've gotten to you, somehow, FSZ...

XD

Quote:
I smell Khrack in the air

*runs*
Ashcroft:Khrack is always in the air. I see Kha has recovered sufficiently to begin affecting the air in a manner like...before. That means over 50% recovery, unless Kha's Khrack units have increased since last calculation.
Xena: Indeed. Steal everything, ram everything together...a frightening technique.
Ashcroft: True...*whispers*Now, where did I put that manuscript for that Atrum Lucem sigil...it should be in the office somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Koji... is by far the worst of in this situation. He already has the 'everyone he encounters likes or loves him' atribute, and now he suddenly is an experimental weapon? Not only that, but he holds the illustrous Relic 11 to top it off? That is a major storyline impact there, concidering the importance the Relic had initially. Apparently it also gives him his amazing 'I can understand everyone and make everyone happy' powers... The amount of connections Koji has to CC's just keeps growing and growing, and that's not always a good sign.
Agreeing with Keroko...the Naruto parallels seem to be very strong. Not that Koji = Naruto, but Koji = too much the average shonen main character. It would also be better if Koji doesn't infect everybody with his "Koji AoE Happiness Spell" just as Naruto does his "Naruto AoE Ninja-Way Spell"...if you know what I mean.

The piece was nicely written, IMO, but also a little too cliched. Just to be blunt, I think I've seen this sort of thing before.

*waves hands* and yeah, don't offense, okay, FSZ? Just some comments.

Ashcroft: *smirks* Not that you write well anyway.
Xena: Shaddup already! You don't have to rub salt in my wounds all day, you arrogant prick!
Ashcroft: I'm being honest. You should be, too.
Xena: It's that book by Wilde, I swear it is. It's infecting you like Khrack infects the OC!
Ashcroft: It's not a bad thing. At least you lose to me more now.
Xena: *bad face aura* ....

*Xena starts chasing Ashcroft around like a bloodhound*

----------------------------------------

- Still writing...schoolwork is killing me, but I shall resist!

EDIT: I somehow got the Orochimaru Syndrome correct?!

I must have the skill "Intuition" on level AAA or something...

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2008-03-18 at 09:47.
Old 2008-03-18, 09:42   Link #22243
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

We don't know how many Relics there are, nor how much have been found. I think they're like Jewel Seeds in that regard, there could be thousands more out there.
Old 2008-03-18, 09:50   Link #22244
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
We don't know how many Relics there are, nor how much have been found. I think they're like Jewel Seeds in that regard, there could be thousands more out there.
Thanks! More plot holes! Yay...

Although this also means I have to be more careful now...

*rummages through his Inficio Logia drafts, and starts ripping some of them into tiny shreds, while keeping some in a private locker somewhere for future use*

EDIT: The number of viewers have risen...a good sign, Keroko?
Old 2008-03-18, 10:16   Link #22245
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Another F/SN super fan?
No, but I like good stories.

Yeah, you really should.... I'd like to read more of it It was good as far as I read

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Uh...huh. So he's some kind of badass, huh? what does he do to deserve such a title?
Basically? He converted a bunch of Jedi to help the republic in a war, then turned around and kicked the Republic when they thought they had won, but the icing on the cake is that you get to decide how badass he is.

And his armor rocks.

Quote:
Heh, I remember you saying something about that. *begins scribbling "Get Tesla drunk" plans*
One glas is all it takes.

Quote:
Keroko's actions have shifted his alignment OVER 9000 points towards Evil.
Most hilarious quote of that night: "I guess I'm no longer Lawfull Evil, am I?"

Quote:
So why are we all blaming IRC and not the Genderbending thread?
Genderbend thread is checked ocasionally, IRC demands constant presence.

Quote:
You say that now, but one of these days you'll get curious. You will come, and then you will be forever captured by "The Curse."

You underestimate my resentment for chat programs, young one.

Quote:

It's because Kha is the Shirou who had become a Hero of Justice but before encountering that betrayal that turned him into Archer. So he's like somewhere in between Shiro and Archer, that's the Original Kha. Clone Kha if he does get to grow up (like in Ghaz work) would be more like Archer, less talkative, but just as snarky.
Why not? The snarky is part of Archer's charm.

Quote:
SO they were passive skills? Ah well, I suppose Instinct is more like something able to be retained by Project F type beings with more experience than they have lived for due to their additional memories.

As for Mind's Eye... Whispers?
Whispers? No, strategical analysis. To see something and work out all possible solutions. To 'see the battle in one's mind' as it were. There are no 'whispers' involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
But, but! I only planted the poppies. And processed them... @_@

It's Kha that chose to sniff them.

Quote:

And the whole Mind's Eye + Instinct sounds a whole lot like Austin only that it's not really natural to him but learnt over more than a decade, and to a lesser extent, Saga as well. :3
Well, Instinct can be learned, it just can't be taught that easilly. Keroko learned it herself throughout her life, streetfighting helps at that. Knowing were to go, where not to go, when to dodge in fights where people aren't obeying 'rules', she had to learn.

Quote:
Of course he's the most awesome, since... well... you know.

I still feel weird since my playthough of KoToR had me using my face template as a modded Anakin.
I went for the long haired guy for Revan myself.

Quote:
LOL, I always do that as well. And I often save-load to see multiple facets of HK's reaction to what I do.
My penchant for doing evil usually rises when HK is in the party.

Quote:
The biggest weakness with KoToR, and MOST games of such nature is how blatantly they make the good/evil line. Dammit, I want to be a sly evil like Papaltine, not some crazy ass genocidal let's kill them all monster.
But at least you know what's going to happen. Mass Effect can be more subtle in that regard, however as a downside, you generally don't know what Sheppard is going to say. For example, there could be an option labeled 'decline' and when you select it, Shepperd sticks a gun under someone's chin and gives a few choice words. Hardly the option I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
You know, I need to start working on creating villains for my story work so my OCs have someone to clash with.

So here goes nothing.

Spoiler for Sektor 21:

I'll develope it in more detail from here. It's late, I'm tired, goodnight.
Oooh, antagonist factions. :3 it's been a while.

Will bust any details later, food first.
Old 2008-03-18, 10:20   Link #22246
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Only Maren knows about it...no one else does
And it isn't an IS...just an uncontrolable ability, like that mind reader in Code Geass, Mao or Gao (or whatever his name was )
You mean like Nunally's?

Quote:
"Orochimaru Syndrome" is a term form the Nanohaverse. Before the revelation of the truths behind various important events like the attack of Kyuubi or the Uchiha massacre, Orochimaru was the main villain. As such, fanfiction usually blamed Orochimaru for anything evil happening. He was behind the Kyuubi attack, he was behind the Uchiha massacre, he was behind any wars that may or may not orccur in the fic, he controlled Danzou and so on and so on. He was basically behind everything that happened in the manga. Jail is now giving of similar vibes, behing behind every tragic event that happens. Why on earth would he even give away that Relic? What were his motivations? It's not like he'd care about an experiment that has nothing to do with his goals whatsoever. Jail is not the type to randomnly do things, everything he does is with his own goals firmly in mind.

The DNA thing with Treize was... completely unnecisary, even more so when you say it is 'only a small amount anyway' if it has no effect, why even have it?

/facefault

Me and X did that with Feiwang, and we've dragged him into the Nanohaverse after our CLAMP works started cross-infecting... Is this a problem? I've expanded it to a League, but still...

Quote:
And why would Sophia be the one to 'allow' such a thing?
Because she's evil.

Jokes aside, here's the Khrack, and I'd like to point out that this is VERY old, even before Rebuilt was even conceived:
Spoiler for Khrack Relic:
This is a very bad summary of events stretched over a long timeline, but I hope you see how it goes...
Old 2008-03-18, 10:27   Link #22247
Aaron008R

:3

:3 :3

:3 :3 :3

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3

Been a while...

I'll tackle the backlog at a late time, but for now, I have to post my entry to Rebuilt.

-Entry to Rebuilt-

~Serena Avenir~

Spoiler for Serena:

Barebones as of now. Spells later.

Keroko-chan's gonna have some fun re-educating her to be more outgoing.

And Kha, she's packing her stuff in episode 1. Maybe talking to some relatives would do. Maxim is Lowe's OC.

And before other questions, Serena is currently a Rebuilt of StrikerS-only character.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-03-19 at 10:52.
Old 2008-03-18, 10:34   Link #22248
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

*Sneaks in whistling*
Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Canon Character:

*Runs like hell*
Old 2008-03-18, 10:45   Link #22249
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
"Orochimaru Syndrome" is a term form the Nanohaverse. Before the revelation of the truths behind various important events like the attack of Kyuubi or the Uchiha massacre, Orochimaru was the main villain. As such, fanfiction usually blamed Orochimaru for anything evil happening. He was behind the Kyuubi attack, he was behind the Uchiha massacre, he was behind any wars that may or may not orccur in the fic, he controlled Danzou and so on and so on. He was basically behind everything that happened in the manga.
I see...

Quote:
Jail is now giving of similar vibes, behing behind every tragic event that happens. Why on earth would he even give away that Relic? What were his motivations? It's not like he'd care about an experiment that has nothing to do with his goals whatsoever. Jail is not the type to randomnly do things, everything he does is with his own goals firmly in mind.
Now now...he's not behind everything

Quote:
Well...maybe, but her IS is about analyzing data a replicating it.

Quote:
dakara...
I should have been more specific when I wrote the last part...

Also, that 'I can understand everyone and make everyone happy' isn't as simple as it looks...

and...CC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
DNA doesn't have to be in large amounts to have "interesting" effects on people.
True.

Quote:
@Thread: How many Relics are there, and how many haven't been found?
Before the attac to the TSAB Ground Central, Scaglitti had about 40~50 Relic in his lab...talk about HAX

Quote:
His name is Mao. He had the Power of the Listener, iirc.
I see

Quote:
Gao...The GaoGaiGar khrack must've gotten to you, somehow, FSZ...
Never seen it, except for the short YouTube videos.

Quote:
Agreeing with Keroko...the Naruto parallels seem to be very strong. Not that Koji = Naruto, but Koji = too much the average shonen main character. It would also be better if Koji doesn't infect everybody with his "Koji AoE Happiness Spell" just as Naruto does his "Naruto AoE Ninja-Way Spell"...if you know what I mean.
I've never seen Naruto (except for episode 1 and some random YouTube clips), so I don't really know about that

And yeah, Koji is pretty much like an averge shounen main character, take Emiya Shirou for example, with his "wanting to save everyone" mentality, Koji not only wants to save everyone he wants to carry the burden all by himself, solve the problems on his own...and he stubborn about it, as seen in this last part. It's not like he wants the glory all for himself, he just doesn't want anyone to get hurt anymore...it all goes to something that happened in his childhood (I'm hinting again ) before he met Signum or anyone else.

In a way, Koji is like Hayate, she lost someone important to her and doesn't want it to happen again, so she pushes herself further to protect those she cares about.

Also...Koji's ability it isn't an AoE Spell
It just happens that Koji's personality is compatible with the ability the got...in the worst case scenario, if Koji wasn't Koji, he could have manipulated people into doing his bidding and stuff (the horror )

Quote:
The piece was nicely written, IMO, but also a little too cliched. Just to be blunt, I think I've seen this sort of thing before.

*waves hands* and yeah, don't offense, okay, FSZ? Just some comments
Oh...no worries...none at all
*puts Death Note away*

Quote:
You mean like Nunally's?
What?

Anyway (I'm using this word a lot )...I just want to get this over with and go back to Maren Route

Don't worry, I'll clean this up good in the following part
*goes back to work*
Old 2008-03-18, 10:47   Link #22250
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

CC = Canon Character

You know maybe someone should make an official "Nanoha Character Creation Dictionary" or something with all the terms you guys all use
Old 2008-03-18, 11:15   Link #22251
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Ashcroft:Khrack is always in the air. I see Kha has recovered sufficiently to begin affecting the air in a manner like...before. That means over 50% recovery, unless Kha's Khrack units have increased since last calculation.
Xena: Indeed. Steal everything, ram everything together...a frightening technique.
Ashcroft: True...*whispers*Now, where did I put that manuscript for that Atrum Lucem sigil...it should be in the office somewhere.
You just made me think of the Khrack Standard Index (KSI) of the air here...

Quote:
I've a feeling Clone Kha is going to be much more popular than the original...

After all, he's the one who went out in style.

Quote:
Whispers? No, strategical analysis. To see something and work out all possible solutions. To 'see the battle in one's mind' as it were. There are no 'whispers' involved.
I see... I guess that skill is redundant then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Been a while...

I'll tackle the backlog at a late time, but for now, I have to post my entry to Rebuilt.

-Entry to Rebuilt-

~Serena Avenir~

Spoiler for Serena:

And Kha, she's packing her stuff in episode 1. Maybe talking to some relatives would do. Maxim is Lowe's OC.

And before other questions, Serena is currently a Rebuilt of StrikerS-only character.
T3h General of MAN MAXIM?! Is she close to the General? You DO know that Maxim is gonna die in CrosyS do you? I smell EMO coming!!!

Allie and her are polar opposites! Looks like the Drake Squad IS gonna be very different from the first two! :3 I do hope she can be convinced to do the Gothlolion dance with Allie; her device is Siegerion after all! :3 :3

+1 for Hayate fanclub. At least Allie and Serene have something in common. :3 :3 :3

Alrightt! Got her settings out, now to fit things in. I believe Drake 3 Serena is gonna flip when she discovers who Drake 4 is. :3 :3 :3 :3

Get that spell and combat data out soon; otherwise I'll jam at the training sessions like how things are now.

But bottomline: :3

*scurries off to grow more Khrack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
*Sneaks in whistling*
Spoiler for Arc-en-Ciel: Canon Character:

*Runs like hell*
Excalibur for GREAT JUSTICE! :3

Quote:
What?
Ok wrong interpretation.

Boy oh boy, suddenly it's all coming to me now... This Thread shall be saved, in the name of the Kaiser!

Old 2008-03-18, 11:24   Link #22252
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
No, but I like good stories.
I've only seen the anime though I've read through other things about the series as well. It's pretty good, but I've already got reams of crap floating around my head form other universes. (I own or have read like every piece of Halo fiction ever for instance.)

Quote:
Basically? He converted a bunch of Jedi to help the republic in a war, then turned around and kicked the Republic when they thought they had won, but the icing on the cake is that you get to decide how badass he is.

And his armor rocks.
The Republic was acting pretty stupid though (shocking I know.), but he did take it a little too far perhaps.

Quote:
Most hilarious quote of that night: "I guess I'm no longer Lawfull Evil, am I?"
Well not unless some loophole in the laws of that kingdom allows genocide.

Quote:
Everyone loves Snark! Well expect for the guy getting snarked, him not so much.

Quote:
My penchant for doing evil usually rises when HK is in the party.
That happened to me a little with Wrex in Mass Effect his whole “I don’t give a shit let’s just shot them all.” attitude could be infectious. He also gave me one of my favorite lines in the entire game about halfway through the Feros mission.

“This was my kind a mission. Kill a bunch of Geth and end things off with a huge crash.”

I was grinning ear to ear when I heard that on my first play through.

Quote:
But at least you know what's going to happen. Mass Effect can be more subtle in that regard, however as a downside, you generally don't know what Sheppard is going to say. For example, there could be an option labeled 'decline' and when you select it, Shepperd sticks a gun under someone's chin and gives a few choice words. Hardly the option I wanted.
I don't know I found the options pretty close to what I wanted in all cases, but I played a hardcore Paragon basiclly the entire game.

Quote:

Been a while...

-Entry to Rebuilt-

~Serena Avenir~

Spoiler for Serena:

Nice don’t see any problems so far though all this talk kind of makes me want to jam one of my guys into the mix; most of them are probably too powerful though they’d skew the balance. Alan is the only guy that could sort of fit as he was only like A rank at the start of Strikers.

On this note though I’ve decided to demote and power down some of my guys a bit as they’re a bit too strong IMO and it was hard to make viable threats for them.

That’s also why post strikers I’m trimming and reorganizing my stable a bit it was rather overpowering IMO so I’m breaking up my guys post strikers and having them shuffle around to various different bits of the TSAB so they can’t really mass in one place; several them also get power nerfs. (Cipher, Pixy, and to a somewhat lesser extent Felix mostly) Since as I said I was finding it was a bit difficult to come up with credible threats with them all together at their former levels; even the Haxbuster himself isn’t invulnerable to power creep…

Anyway the basic gist is:
Pixy: Ships off as the muscle for a lower ranked enforcer (a new OC)
Cipher: goes into Special Investigations (he’s such a monster I acutally want to keep him out of combat as much as possible)
SG-1”: Largely disbands with everyone but Mitchell being put on a bus Daniel goes to work at the main branch, Carter spends most of her time in the R&D division, and Teal’c heads home to help stabilize the situation on his home world.
Felix: His post StrikerS actives will be the center of my new fic. (which is at around 7,000 words now and I expect to put out the first part sometime this week)
Alan: Bounces around a number of Air Force units right after Strikers gaining field experience in operating in normal units though he also appears in the fic and will be around quite a bit.
O’Neil: Continues amassing more power and influence then someone like him should really be trusted with and abusing it in amusing ways. He also appears a bit in the fic though more as background character.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-03-18 at 11:47.
Old 2008-03-18, 11:29   Link #22253
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
It's the IRC I tell you, its evil. Eeeeevil.

Random sometimes (ok...maybe more than sometimes ), but I wouldn't really say 3V1L...

Quote:
Heh, I remember you saying something about that. *begins scribbling "Get Tesla drunk" plans*
*peers over at plans*

Quote:
Keroko's actions have shifted his alignment OVER 9000 points towards Evil.

Quote:
Found it somewhere, and had to use it. GARamelladansen anyone? [/COLOR][/I]

*suddenly has an image of Ideon, Gunbuster, DieBuster, Genesis GaoGaiGar, VF-1J, and RX-78-2 doing Caramelldansen*

Quote:
But, but! I only planted the poppies. And processed them... @_@

It's Kha that chose to sniff them.
So it WAS you!

Quote:
Redheads....ARE HOT!

*flees the mighty blade of IGNIZ*
You forgot to also run from Asuka and her very red Eva 02...
Old 2008-03-18, 12:01   Link #22254
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Been a while...

He's back!

Quote:
-Entry to Rebuilt-

~Serena Avenir~

Spoiler for Serena:

Oh, yes. Re-educating hr is going to be fun. You don't want to be an extreme by-the-book type of person around Keroko.

Quote:
Now now...he's not behind everything
You get my point though.

Quote:
Well...maybe, but her IS is about analyzing data a replicating it.
She doesn't need Vivio's DNA for that, Vivio's genetic skill is a defensive measure limited to analysising attacks and defending against them. Why not create an OC that would have been Treize's original? All the other numbers were based of someone.

Quote:
dakara...
I should have been more specific when I wrote the last part...

Also, that 'I can understand everyone and make everyone happy' isn't as simple as it looks...
Could've fooled me. So far Koji's harem is showing no sign of slowing down.

Quote:
I've never seen Naruto (except for episode 1 and some random YouTube clips), so I don't really know about that

And yeah, Koji is pretty much like an averge shounen main character, take Emiya Shirou for example, with his "wanting to save everyone" mentality, Koji not only wants to save everyone he wants to carry the burden all by himself, solve the problems on his own...and he stubborn about it, as seen in this last part. It's not like he wants the glory all for himself, he just doesn't want anyone to get hurt anymore...it all goes to something that happened in his childhood (I'm hinting again ) before he met Signum or anyone else.

In a way, Koji is like Hayate, she lost someone important to her and doesn't want it to happen again, so she pushes herself further to protect those she cares about.
Now we arive at the core of the problem: Koji is too much a shounen main character. Fandom is always a lot stricter in this regard, but shounen type characters are often frowned upon and labeled Mary Sues (even though main characters of that very series often fit the bill themselves) My theory is that it's mainly because we are using an established universe. Our character is not the main character, someone else is. When we take actions that form our characters to become the main characters (like what is happening to Koji at the moment, who is suddenly connected to everyone and everything) things go wrong. The main characters shift, and the story is no longer about him or her.

Now, I'm not saying it wrong to have connections to CC's (like I'm one to complain about that ) but too many connections kill a characters sense of realism. Koji is now past the edge, this incident connected him directly to Jail, Lutecia and Alphino, which means he will inadvertedly become connected closely to Erio and Caro. Combine that with Koji's growing harem of CC's (this is slightly more personal, though, I'm always hesitant of OC/CC pairings and with Rein, Cinque and now Lutecia, Koji is starting to hog them all. It's... selfish, for a lack of better words.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
The Republic was acting pretty stupid though (shocking I know.), but he did take it a little too far perhaps.
When hasn't the Republic acted stupid? Revan wasn't too bad though, he was leaving most of the galaxy intact. It was when Malak took over that global destructions decided to show their face.

Quote:
Well not unless some loophole in the laws of that kingdom allows genocide.
Which would still make me Chaotic Evil for abusing them. :3

Quote:
That happened to me a little with Wrex in Mass Effect his whole “I don’t give a shit let’s just shot them all.” attitude could be infectious. He also gave me one of my favorite lines in the entire game about halfway through the Feros mission.

“This was my kind a mission. Kill a bunch of Geth and end things off with a huge crash.”

I was grinning ear to ear when I heard that on my first play through.
Oh yes, definetely.

Quote:
I don't know I found the options pretty close to what I wanted in all cases, but I played a hardcore Paragon basiclly the entire game.
Mine weren't, I was playing a Renegade/Paragon mix (About 70% Renegade, 30% Paragon) Sometimes the actions were a little more... blunt then the description sugested.

Ended up killing the council though. That certainly made my day.
Old 2008-03-18, 12:10   Link #22255
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You know, I need to start working on creating villains for my story work so my OCs have someone to clash with.

So here goes nothing.

Spoiler for Sektor 21:

I'll develope it in more detail from here. It's late, I'm tired, goodnight.
Sektor?
Like...
Old 2008-03-18, 13:12   Link #22256
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Sektor?
Like...
No.

Like...
Old 2008-03-18, 13:14   Link #22257
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Like...
A demolition Corporation?
Old 2008-03-18, 13:17   Link #22258
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
A domolition Corporation?
*Sigh...*

Spoiler for Not even close...:
Old 2008-03-18, 13:20   Link #22259
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
*Sigh...*

Spoiler for Not even close...:
You have to admit it was a pretty funny answer though.
Old 2008-03-18, 13:25   Link #22260
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Actually, that was the first thing to pop into my mind at that image as well.
Closed Thread