AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-09-13, 13:27   Link #1
Ryusiangel

all in one pcs

i am thinking of getting one but i have no idea if anybody bought one and how long those suckers can last, i wanted one for light gaming i don't do hardcore games, and i also been hearing some problems with most manufactors so i need to know a good one but that is in the 500-600 budget limit
Old 2009-09-13, 13:35   Link #2
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

All in One computers are slightly more expensive than a regular desktop which can provide higher performance at a lower cost. The Dell One starts at $699 and HPs offering start at $999 which is already out of your price range. This is because All in Ones use laptop parts which are slightly more expensive and less powerful than the desktop counterparts.
Old 2009-09-13, 13:41   Link #3
Ryusiangel

there is a acertav *spelling* and emchine in that price range but i don't know how good they are >_< i just something that doesn't have to do with cords :P my cats like to chew them alot...
Old 2009-09-13, 14:38   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

From what I heard, Emachines are not very reliable machines... A Netbook would fit in your budget range, but the only thing is that most of them uses Intel GMA 950 which is unsuitable for most games unless you are doing games that don't requires alot of 3d processing and there isn't any Netbooks that have the nVidia Ion since they won't release any until Windows 7 releases.

If you must get a all in one PC, Netbook is a option since you have a tight budget and there isn't any real good AIO computer that will fit it, unless you save a few hundred dollars more for a good one. I suggest you to wait until nVidia Ion netbooks to come out so atleast you will have a better casual gaming computer and have accelerated HD playback. Note that even if the Ion is better since it uses a Geforce 9400m, don't expect it to play intensive games like Crysis or put games at very high settings because the Intel Atom processor will slow it down, but it will still play at medium and low settings.

The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 with a nVidia Ion will cost $549 at standard configuration with the Ion and can play most of the casual games. The upside from a Netbook opposed to a AIO is that it's portable and light and you don't have to worry about wires... The only bad thing is the small screen and keyboard.

Another option is a Samsung N510 netbook which also have the nVidia Ion and costs $599 that will be releasing this month.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-09-13 at 14:52.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 14:59   Link #5
Ryusiangel

well i found one that is bout 470 sumthing but if you say these netbooks that come with nvidia ion what brand are these netbooks?
Old 2009-09-14, 03:26   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Do a google search, that is all I can give for advice.

Personally I would rather you go to any store and ask for recommendations and brochures before asking questions here. We can only give you advice, but not the best prices or the PC that suits most of your needs.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote