AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 10:55   Link #761
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I called them, gotta go after work.

So US servers then?
Old 2011-12-08, 11:35   Link #762
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

SWTOR available 15 December in Europe...

Am I grinning? I must be grinning. Pretty damn sure I'm grinning. Just one more week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
So how do we get our code for early play? do we go to the store and they give it to us if we pre ordered?

and is there ANYONE here who wants to join the same server?
I'm willing, but after beta I found that EU servers do indeed play better than US servers (could be beta stress, and the difference wasn't unplayable level, but it was noticable), so I'm waiting to see what the rest of the EU 'suki crew does.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 12:22   Link #763
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It wasnt all that great on US, it was most likely the stress tests fault.
Old 2011-12-08, 15:09   Link #764
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
SWTOR available 15 December in Europe...

Am I grinning? I must be grinning. Pretty damn sure I'm grinning. Just one more week!
Amazon will ship on the 14th in Europe, but you still won't be able to play until they officially launch on the 20th. Unless you have pre-odered, they are rolling out the early access starting on the 13th (yes, two days earlier than anticipated). The extra early shipping is to get the box to you in time for launch on the 20th, so that you can enter the CD key and play without interruptions. Our US pals are not so lucky, and some customers from Australia some won't see their box until early January. Previously, Bioware promised a grace period between launch and the time when you have to enter your CD key, but they went back on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'm willing, but after beta I found that EU servers do indeed play better than US servers (could be beta stress, and the difference wasn't unplayable level, but it was noticable), so I'm waiting to see what the rest of the EU 'suki crew does.
There is always more lag going over the wires to the USA when playing from Europe, this is inherent to the network topology. European servers are simply closer, not so many hops to travel and no transatlantic wires to cross.

Quote:
So how do we get our code for early play? do we go to the store and they give it to us if we pre ordered?

and is there ANYONE here who wants to join the same server?
The exact logistics depend on your retailer. Amazon for instance emailed the early access code to everyone who pre-ordered. My local electronics store sold early access codes in boxes for 5 euro, although I'm not sure how they tied that to the pre-ordered boxes. You then redeem the code on the SWTOR website after logging in to your account. SWTOR did not sell out in pre-order so there should still be boxes in stores once they launch, but you may want to preorder now anyway even if you'd get 1-2 days early access at most.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 16:56   Link #765
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I actually couldn't tell by the end if I was on US or EU. When I started I was sure I was on a US server, but people in chat were talking about it having been an EU server earlier (I know people were on the US West Coast beacuse they were giving times that way). But on the next day around the time a mass reset) it was an Eu server. I don't know for sure what it was the following weekend as I didn't really look. It was Rogue Moon server.
Old 2011-12-09, 16:11   Link #766
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Well I'm screwed, thank you gamestop for never telling me it was on my receit. Now i gotta FREAKIN wait 5 extra days... Screw you douche bags.
Old 2011-12-09, 17:03   Link #767
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Dec. 13th for US! As much as I am excited for this I am also dreading it because it just HAS to come out the week of my finals. I pre-ordered in mid November so I'm hoping to get it December 15 (that's actually my last final) and NOT earlier...it seriously would be detrimental to my grades as other games had that effect :'(

Of course one can say just to simply not touch the game if it does come in early, but seriously, who would do that xP.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:15   Link #768
Xacual

So even though i had to cancel the order I still got sent info saying to install and be ready for early access? Is that normal?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-12-09 at 21:06.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 18:28   Link #769
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So even though i had to cancel the orderl I still got sent info saying to install and be ready for early access? Is that normal?
Can i have it?
Old 2011-12-09, 18:36   Link #770
Xacual

Quote:
Can i have it?
I don't think I can since it's connected to my SWToR account.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-12-09, 20:59   Link #771
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

We could atleast try ;_;
Old 2011-12-10, 13:20   Link #772
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So even though i had to cancel the order I still got sent info saying to install and be ready for early access? Is that normal?
Yes. You get sent a pre-order code once you pre-order, you can still cancel after that but take part in early access after redeeming the code. You just won't be able to play after the 20th - you'll have to buy a box/download and enter your CD key to play after that.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 11:43   Link #773
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

So, pre-access has started and people are playing since today.

Looks like I'll be one of the last since I only preordered in november though.
Old 2011-12-13, 12:26   Link #774
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

and thanks to my jack ass gamestop I have to wait too =\
Old 2011-12-13, 14:52   Link #775
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Not sure when I'll get in.

It appears they are done sending out invites today, but barely covered a week's worth (July 21-July 28th was the latest date I've seen confirmed multiple times so far).

Seeing as that leaves 4.5 months left of pre-orders to invite over six more days...lol. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 20:29   Link #776
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ugh. Still have to wait till january to play(maybe february even) because I skimped on the shipping cost and choose to order from play-asia instead of amazon >_<
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 22:29   Link #777
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

watching some streams right now...apparently there are some problems (exploits) for warzones, giving mad xp.

Gonna try to get on Anchorhead (east PvP) server when i get access, which should be thurs or friday, anyone who likes to pvp feel free to join.
Old 2011-12-13, 22:44   Link #778
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I really dislike Huttball, it just irritates me rolling zerg, no support. only see myself willingly playing Huttball with an organised team. The others are fine though.

I'm lvl 12 now (Vexana, The Harbinger server if anyone else is there) just lvling up trade skills while waiting for friends to get home from work and the like.
Old 2011-12-14, 00:28   Link #779
Xacual

So has bioware said anything about the people that are already level 30+ because of pvp giving crazy xp? That's a little ridiculous and kind of sad that there will be max levels before the game has even released.

Old 2011-12-14, 00:32   Link #780
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Will it matter if most people are working on the story?

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows