AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-08, 16:46   Link #41
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Haha, no rage on my part,
Spoiler for spoiler:

It may be due to the urgency of the situation? Kagura is trying to keep hold of Mikono for as long as possible till Mykage teleports Kagura and Mikono to Altair ( well that's the way I interpret it) but Mykage is too busy playing with his once red flower turned purple (is this symbolic for Mikono? LOL) Anyways, that would probably explain why his powers seemed greater. Kagura has no mech, no gate way and is pretty much up against the majority of Neo Deava so obviously his strong power had to come from somewhere. And remember Amata had just been reborn as well in this episode. He also had to search within himself to gain that deflect so maybe this is just the beginning of Amata's true powers awakening...I mean you have to start from somewhere right?

Spoiler for Re: Zessica:
Well that was more or less a speculation of mine (I'll have to wait till the subs come out to get a more definite insight)...but I think someone said in this forum that Zessica could be the Book of Twin Stars...something referring to Zen talking about a book that you wont be able to read with your eyes closed??? (correct me if im wrong lol)

BUT anyways, I just hope that Amata doesn't get bashed around again I mean that was pretty damn harsh for them to do to the main character guy even if he is getting bashed by his other half (speculation)....sigh** I just want this over and done (hurry and give us our answers!!!!)
Old 2012-04-08, 16:49   Link #42
miketyson

kuromitsu: I had a pretty similar reaction. I don't like Kagura as a character, and that aside he's just behaving in ways that're uncomfortable for me (they take a bit of the fun air out of the show, perhaps unintentionally).

Spoilertime:
Spoiler for details:

In other news: looks like we'll have some car chases in the next macross series? And looks like Sazanka and Malloy will start getting their chance to shine soon?
Old 2012-04-08, 16:55   Link #43
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Kuromitsu:

In response to the writing part:

Well maybe the writers were trying to portray that...It's like saying you have a choice but if you don't pick this one you'll regret it (actually that's more subtle...maybe it's more like 'you'll feel severe pain' lol). Either she'll put herself through pain or Kagura will inflict the pain lol It's his carnal instincts coming into play. Now that he has told Mikono who she is and blah blah...he expects her to come to him willingly (but there is still a hint of doubt evident).
Old 2012-04-08, 17:58   Link #44
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
It may be due to the urgency of the situation? Kagura is trying to keep hold of Mikono for as long as possible till Mykage teleports Kagura and Mikono to Altair ( well that's the way I interpret it) but Mykage is too busy playing with his once red flower turned purple (is this symbolic for Mikono? LOL) Anyways, that would probably explain why his powers seemed greater.
Well, he was already pretty damn hax when he crashed the movie night, it required a group gattai to fight him off, and the way I saw that only worked because they managed to surprise then overwhelm him (and because he wasn't thinking straight, but I think it's already established that Kagura is not very smart ^^;; ). But that was OK, at least it was a nice fight.
Spoiler for ep 15:

Btw good catch about the purple rose, I wonder if it has any significance or if it just goes well with Mykage's colors. XD

Quote:
And remember Amata had just been reborn as well in this episode. He also had to search within himself to gain that deflect so maybe this is just the beginning of Amata's true powers awakening...I mean you have to start from somewhere right?
Spoiler for :

Quote:
something referring to Zen talking about a book that you wont be able to read with your eyes closed??? (correct me if im wrong lol)
I think that was more along the lines of "it can't be seen for those who can see" by which I think he meant that it will only open to someone whose eyes are "pure" and can't "see" the truth. (I think Crea was on a search to find the book, and this would be a good explanation as to why she couldn't find it.)

Quote:
BUT anyways, I just hope that Amata doesn't get bashed around again
Yeah, well, poor Amata. The universe still hates him. ^^;;

Quote:
Well maybe the writers were trying to portray that...It's like saying you have a choice but if you don't pick this one you'll regret it (actually that's more subtle...maybe it's more like 'you'll feel severe pain' lol).
But that doesn't make it any better. I mean it's basically a threat. "This is your fate. Don't fight it or you'll regret it."

>miketyson
Yeah, it's pretty damn uncomfortable, and I'm not quite sure it's intentional. (The preview made me think it might be because that's pretty much an open threat... but maybe I'm just being hopeful. We'll learn more in next week's ep.)
Spoiler for :
Old 2012-04-08, 17:58   Link #45
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Hey Kagura, you forgot to reverse the bullet that went through your shoulder bud =)

and about damn time Amata gets some new powers, the reverse power of everything was starting to get annoying. Can't wait for Subs to know exactly what Zen Fudo and Amata are saying before and during his new power awakening, might give more clues.

I know the writers are trying to balance things but as far as I'm concerned this show is still revolved around Amata while developing everyone else around him. (maybe Kagura and Mikono too but we don't nearly know as much information about them as we do Amata). And as far as I'm concerned Kagura is the enemy for siding with Mykage (his so called master) and killing students just so he can get his long lost love (speculation).

I don't like the new ending, looks like it was created in half a day (too much green). Gives no speculation, No new scenes or greater insight to the end (good song though). But like Zen Fudo, a magician should never reveal their secrets I guess. I doubt the Series will become centered around disappearing girl, this seems more for the fans.

Great episode though.
Old 2012-04-08, 18:14   Link #46
mayumi

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-08, 18:16   Link #47
miketyson

kuromitsu: yeah, I don't get the sense the staff are seeing the creepiness in Kagura. It seems more to start and stop at the level of "lol, isn't it hilarious how much of a single-minded beast he is!".

For reversal it goes so far as
Spoiler for REVERSAL:
Old 2012-04-08, 18:23   Link #48
Arya

Spoiler for spoiler:

ETA:
I don't think that Kagura lines had to make sense word by word or that the writers are using some real full logic to it. Or so it seems to me. But who knows, we should try to hear his speech in reverse to find any backward messages: I'm trolling all of youuu. *runs*

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-04-08 at 18:38.
Old 2012-04-08, 18:58   Link #49
kuromitsu

>miketyson
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
I'm just rambling...will we ever know why Kagura can turn into beastwolf?
They'd better explain. >_> I've already given up on the cat mystery, I don't want this go unexplained, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
By the way, how cute Mikono was in this episode, they put a lot of efforts on her this time.
Except for that horrible outfit... ;__; OK it's a mourning dress, it shouldn't be too flashy, but it makes her look like an OL or a maid or something.

But yeah, aside of the creeper vibes, the confusing reverse speech and the fight scene in the first half it was a good episode - and at least Amata got a powerup, though we're yet to see at what price.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-08 at 19:11.
Old 2012-04-08, 19:19   Link #50
miketyson

kuromitsu:
Spoiler for minor stuff:
Old 2012-04-08, 19:37   Link #51
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'll be honest, I don't really understand the issue with Kagura's speech or personality. He is a creeper, so to speak, in that he has a one-track mind and is obsessive. We've known this for a long time so seeing his obsessions actually reach their goal was a good moment to develop his character and, I think, they did fine with it. He's an awkward individual, expected, and he's quite the bucket of red roses: thorny but still endearing. His speech being completely strange and getting called out on it, really does make it a point that his eagerness makes him rather short-sighted and stupid; there's no better way to really explain the reaction he has with Mikono. He reverses his speech out of a childish giddy/nervousness and, when called out on it, he shrinks back and apologizes, saying he didn't mean it. It's exactly the actions and reactions of children playing...

... And that's what Kagura is, a naive kid wearing his heart on his sleeve. Hell, they're all kids as no one in this cast is as old they seem to be acting on a general basis. I don't even think his speech mannerism have to make sense on a broad basis (though I wouldn't say they don't, his *I lied* was, like I said, his getting called out on his way of talking). It's a character trait to some degree for his speech to be strange, stupid, and childish. I honestly feel like the speech is being analyzed to a point where the meaning of it is being lost... I had no trouble following it this episode and it made other episodes make more sense when concerning Mikono. I also thought it was pretty clear that when he finally admitted to his shenanigans that he was actually telling truth and, because of it, blushing. Long story short? He masks his speech because he's a tsundere. His speech with everyone else has been consistently the same and I don't see any rise of confusion from it, or why it would need to be reversed... or why we would think it would need to be reversed.

Now, his power is pretty much over the top and crazy-stupid. But he's also never won any battles, ever. No matter how strong he gets, he's always beaten back by Amata and co..

The episode itself...
Spoiler for Is it really a mystery anymore?:
Old 2012-04-08, 19:51   Link #52
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Spoiler for episode 15:
Old 2012-04-08, 20:02   Link #53
Arya

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Except for that horrible outfit... ;__; OK it's a mourning dress, it shouldn't be too flashy, but it makes her look like an OL or a maid or something.

But yeah, aside of the creeper vibes, the confusing reverse speech and the fight scene in the first half it was a good episode - and at least Amata got a powerup, though we're yet to see at what price.
About all that detachment thing it could imply some unexpected twists even if I can't see writers switching Amata character too much and Amata giving up on Mikono either.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-08, 20:09   Link #54
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Spoiler for Episode 15:
Old 2012-04-08, 20:29   Link #55
miketyson

Vena: it's the tone really, the way he's presented has a glibness to it that doesn't sit right with everyone (e.g.: I don't care for it)...though to a point it's a matter of taste.

kuromitsu, Arya:
Spoiler for apologies?:

On Amata:
Spoiler for :
Old 2012-04-08, 20:36   Link #56
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: it's the tone really, the way he's presented has a glibness to it that doesn't sit right with everyone (e.g.: I don't care for it)...though to a point it's a matter of taste.
Well, I'm not in your head so I'll take your word for what it is you don't like.

Quote:
Spoiler for apologies?:
I was under the impression that he was criticizing her for not being with him as she's supposed to be, hence he's critical of her having remained on Vega all this time while he's been looking for her. So its not so much a castle in the sand or twin reincarnations per planet (as I think that goes beyond the idea of the general Vega/Altair symbolism of lovers that seems to be underpinning the plot (and was central for our departed Romeo)). He's angry, so to speak, that she didn't come to him.

Quote:
On Amata:
Spoiler for :
Which destiny, indeed? The doomed to sadness destiny of Apollo(nius) and Sylphie(Celianne)? I think it was rather important that Zessica said he wasn't the hero, and that Amata's power up was detachment. And, of course, we continue with dualities: Zessica worries for Amata, Mikono worries for Kagura.
Old 2012-04-08, 21:21   Link #57
miketyson

Vena:
Spoiler for Title Card:

Vena: also, in re: destiny:
Spoiler for Destinies:
Old 2012-04-08, 21:33   Link #58
mayumi

there is one thing to be obsessed with the reincarnation cycle but another to just be obsessed with love/feelings.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-08, 21:42   Link #59
HimeaSaito

So in the end Kagura died?????
Amata will be the Wing of the Sun since Mykage planning to do something with him by making him more suffer as Mikono now thinking about Kagura is even more then ever and hardly pay attention to Amata nor his feeling to her.....

Kagura's reverse language:

I hate you - I love/like you
I want to kill you - ????? What the opposite for this one???
Smell good - awful smell
Old 2012-04-08, 22:46   Link #60
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Vena: also, in re: destiny:
Spoiler for Destinies:
Cards aside.

Spoiler for Simpler:

As for Zess, I think that line was a point of concern as in "You're not the hero of a story, don't push yourself!", it matches well with her panicked state over his getting his ass handed to him later. I honestly don't see negativity in her, she's taken large steps forward this episode with spilling the beans, so to speak, and trying to support Amata. In her position, you'd have little choice but to be sad when the person you care for is on a path (quite literally this episode) of self destruction for a girl that (as far as you as Zessi know) is going to abandon him. That's a lot of depression.