AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 11:23   Link #2561
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The guy in the beginning said nobody except Ichigo awoke his zanpakuto without an asauchi but didn't Hitsugaya awake it in his sleep?
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:10   Link #2562
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Bleach is so confusing so Ichigo's Zanpakutō isn't an Asauchi therefore that's bad ? And now Isshin is from the Shiba clan as well ?
Old 2013-03-06, 12:23   Link #2563
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Bleach is so confusing so Ichigo's Zanpakutō isn't an Asauchi therefore that's bad ?
It means that sunglasses guy cannot repair Ichigo's sword/zanpakutou.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 12:56   Link #2564
bigdeal000
malefic

Well, I actually liked this chapter. Holes aside, I enjoyed it, except the first few pages wasted on telling us what we already know. Plus, it's just the start, maybe Kubo will make a good retcon out of this...I hope.
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 14:45   Link #2565
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Oh come on, first everyone goes whining and complaining that there’s too many lose ends in Bleach, and when a chapter like this finally puts the pieces together you complain that they are “making things up”.
the loose end tying up is isshin being a captain from the shiba clan which is cool and nobody seems to have a problem with it. the 'making stuff up' part pertains to the recentness of isshin's stay in SS. pretty much everybody knows him. i never would have guessed that either rangiku or toshiro knew him at all because its too far fetched that pretty much nobody found/sought him out or recognized him. i assumed the CC and a couple older ones like unohana and shunsui would have known him but that's it. i thought he was prior to urahara's time actually. and that urahara first found him out when they were living in KT. that would have made more sense to me anyway. fun chapter aside from the implausible stuff
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 15:03   Link #2566
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Scumbag kubo waits till bleach anime is canceled to make it interesting again. So people have made countless theories with ichigo and his father being in the Shiba clan. Even before his father was revealed to be a shinigami. But for some reason the reveal still surprised me. I don't know if it's kubo fluke or genius.

With one question finaly answered, many more are raised.
How come no one has recognized isshin?

All it would take for this not to be fully of plot holes are few panels of people being AT LEAST suspicious.

Not bad chapter.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 15:16   Link #2567
sayde

What surprised me most about this chapter was Isshin's connection to Matsumoto and Hitsugaya. While finding out Isshin's original name was nice for the sake of confirmation, it was hardly surprising (nor was anything else in this chapter for that matter).

The thing that makes me most pleased about this chapter though is that, by revealing Aizen's relevance during the past, I'm sure it means Kubo will end up switching back to him and his current predicament once this flashback is over. So I'm looking forward to that as well as finding out why he decided to reject Juha Bach's offer to join him.

And with regards to the whole unbelievable notion of hardly anyone recognizing Isshin...

In his defense, the only shinigami with a current position at the Gotei 13 I can recall ever seeing and interacting with Isshin from the point in time the plot began was Rukia. He's somehow been very good about evading all the other shingami that have visited Ichigo from soul society--even when said shinigami have visited his home. So the only potential inconsistencies to find (from my perspective) are why Rukia didn't recognize him (which can be explained by Kyero Fox's post) and why there haven't been more shinigami who've expressed surprised reactions to seeing someone else use Getsuga Tensho. But once again, this can easily be explained even if the explanations aren't plausible enough for some people. For instance, maybe Isshin just never had to use getsuga tensho around any of the relevant shinigami before.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-03-06 at 15:45.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 15:21   Link #2568
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
All it would take for this not to be fully of plot holes are few panels of people being AT LEAST suspicious.
Well that's actually the main problem.
It's like if Kubo thought of all of this few months ago. Things like that should be planned from the start.
But since it is not the end of the flashback, let's hope there is some kind of explanation.
Old 2013-03-06, 15:30   Link #2569
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I can't remember half of this shit that happened during the SS arc to get angry about all of the plotholes Kubo left.

I just hope all of this with the VR isn't going to turn into another scheme by Aizen to F**k over everyone.
Old 2013-03-06, 15:37   Link #2570
ChampDream
Alive

can someone tell me what is the Shiba clan and what happen to them?
Old 2013-03-06, 16:17   Link #2571
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Was about to post the same thing.
Old 2013-03-06, 16:19   Link #2572
saravis

LOL, I enjoy Bleach as much as the next person, but this chapter was one big ass pull. WTF is an Ausachi? The term has never been used prior to this arc and I can't even remember what its supposed to be. It just seems like a term that was thrown in to say, "Hey look Ichigo isn't a shinigami," despite all evidence saying otherwise. I guess Zangetsu is just his imaginary friend.

Then there's the whole Isshin was from the Shiba clan. As cool as it is to tie into the significance of the mentioned similarity between Kaien and Ichigo near the beginning of the series, as others have already said, there's a major plot hole with absolutely nobody recognizing Isshin. Maybe Kubo will think up some reason, but nonetheless, obvious ass pull is obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
Kaien, Ganju, and Kuukaku(sp) are the ones we know of.
We met Ganju and Kuukaku in the beginning of the Soul Society arc, Ganju and his gang rode large boars and got into a tussle with Ichigo. Kuukaku was responsible for sending Ichigo and crew into SS via a giant fireworks cannon.
Kaien was the lieutenant of Rukia's squad (number?) before he was killed by the hollow that could possess bodies, more specifically Rukia killed him when he got possessed.

Last edited by saravis; 2013-03-06 at 16:34.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:20   Link #2573
itachi-san314

so i'm guessing that aizen will screw over isshin in a similar fashion to urahara and get him booted out of SS. he'll probably tell on him for having quincy relations... lol
Old 2013-03-06, 16:25   Link #2574
The Green One

Is anyone else just waiting to find out that Juha Bach is Ichigo's grandfather on his mother's side?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:34   Link #2575
Kon the Magnificent

As far as I remember, not one of the shinigame came in contact with Isshin at all (Hitsugaya, Matsumoto icluded) other than Rukia during their time in the human world. I believe Isshin avoided them all purposely, except for Rukia because the two have never met in the Soul Society. Sure Ruka may have heard of him, but hearing and seeing are two different things.

And as for the Getsuga thing, I put that on par with some of the captains not using bankai. It's a special skill, and you don't have to use your special skill for every thing, which is why it wouldn't be known to many if none at all.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:58   Link #2576
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
And as for the Getsuga thing, I put that on par with some of the captains not using bankai. It's a special skill, and you don't have to use your special skill for every thing, which is why it wouldn't be known to many if none at all.
i would agree except for yama-jii. he should have seen isshin's GT. yet he had no idea who ichigo was, possibly ever? either its a plot hole or yama jii is even dumber than i thought
Old 2013-03-06, 17:18   Link #2577
sayde

But can we be absolutely sure Yamamoto was ever around to see Ichigo fire off Getsuga Tenshou during the course of the canon plot? Because the best opportunity that comes to mind would be during FKT. But I don't recall Yamamoto ever being confirmed to have witnessed Ichigo fighting Aizen at any point. He was either too busy trying to set up his sacrificial technique at the time Ichigo first entered the battlefield, or unconscious by the time Ichigo tried to fight Aizen again (after Hado 96 was used). So perhaps Yama-jii has seen Isshin use GT. But it was by shear dumb luck that he never witnessed Ichigo use it as well. *shrugs*
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 17:22   Link #2578
DarkHollowIchigo

Isshin looks bad ass.....
Old 2013-03-06, 18:21   Link #2579
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

must admit that I never expect Isshin was the 10th squad captain... hehehe
and to think that Rangiku and Hitsugaya know him, it will be fun if they met again one day...

I want Kubo to reveal the origin of Ichigo's zanpakutou quickly... just want to see them come back to battlefield....

why Bleach suddenly become very interesting?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 18:29   Link #2580
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Is anyone else just waiting to find out that Juha Bach is Ichigo's grandfather on his mother's side?
But we have to find out if Ishida is Ichigo's cousin first
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter