AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-28, 09:55   Link #61
kaori_da_sue
hehehe....

Send a message via AIM to kaori_da_sue
I'm not picky and i don't mind the english dub of the voices but the "believe it" is kinda dumb. they also ruined shikamaru's "how troublesome" by making it "what a drag" why oh why did they ruin it?!
kaori_da_sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 10:00   Link #62
Homeschooler_Jenni
Rar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaori_da_sue
I'm not picky and i don't mind the english dub of the voices but the "believe it" is kinda dumb. they also ruined shikamaru's "how troublesome" by making it "what a drag" why oh why did they ruin it?!

WHAT A DRAG?! Shikamaru is known for those two little words.."How toublesome." They have gone too far
Homeschooler_Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 10:48   Link #63
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeschooler_Jenni
WHAT A DRAG?! Shikamaru is known for those two little words.."How toublesome." They have gone too far
I don’t see it as a very big thing you know, Drag represent practically the same, and troublesome is just a big word, If we go by it the worst change was made to Naruto Datebayo, to “believe it”, its just sounds as if Naruto is some kind of Religious Fanatic.

On another note, I think Chuck Norris turned down been the VA of every Character in Naruto, I think his reason was “Chuck Norris only does VA for Chuck Norris”
Old 2006-04-29, 18:33   Link #64
Electrode

Personally, if CN would have allowed it (which of course they wouldn't), I'd have much preferred "What a pain in the ass" to "What a drag" or even "How troublesome". The whole show would have been more tolerable just from this little change, in my humble opinion.
Electrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:12   Link #65
Newtyped
Gangsta Member

Send a message via ICQ to Newtyped Send a message via AIM to Newtyped Send a message via Yahoo to Newtyped
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrode
Personally, if CN would have allowed it (which of course they wouldn't), I'd have much preferred "What a pain in the ass" to "What a drag" or even "How troublesome". The whole show would have been more tolerable just from this little change, in my humble opinion.
they should have made it
"what a bitch"
Newtyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:24   Link #66
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaori_da_sue
Because nobody says "How troublesome" in English, particularly among 13 year old kids. It would sound dumb.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:32   Link #67
Asphyxiate
Blob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Because nobody says "How troublesome" in English, particularly among 13 year old kids. It would sound dumb.
Well, if I said, 'What a drag,' to any of my friends, I'm sure they'd freak out and wonder if somehow an evil twin version of me had usurped my position. However for me to say, 'How troublesome,' would be rather ordinary. It all depends on how you're raised I guess, and Shikamaru is portrayed as being one of the most intelligent characters, having him say that would not be strange at all.

Seeing as how it's on CN and not Adult Swim, it's more aimed at young children IMHO, and hence the retardtastic translations.

Not that I raelly mind the dub, except Naruto's voice. It sounds young and old at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
On another note, I think Chuck Norris turned down been the VA of every Character in Naruto, I think his reason was “Chuck Norris only does VA for Chuck Norris”
I think the funniest thing about Chuck Norris is that what Chuck Norris does never gets old. Keke.
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 12:38   Link #68
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Chuck Norris only has 2 speeds. Walk and Kill. If he tried to do a dub then then all the characters from naruto would be dead.

Anyway what really annoys me the most about the dub is that they tried to hard to keep it 'authentic'. Every character seems to always emphasize justsu everytime they do a technique, or everytime they mention Konoha they have to say "the village hidden in the leaves' Also, they dubs always try to say every single word as the original 10x slower. It seemingly takes 10 minutes for Sakura or Sasuke to say a line.
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-30, 13:19   Link #69
Nirv

I don't mind the Anime anymore. When it first started up, I couldn't stand the voices, but as it moves along and I become more used to em, I find myself less and less repulsed. I just watched one of the latest episode's a week or so ago, with Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura fighting Orochimaru during the Chunin Exam, and found myself quite enjoying it.
Nirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 06:43   Link #70
Ziv

It's official. Naruto has succesfully infiltrated the US.

Me & my parents recently moved back to Alaska (woot!) because my parents decided that florida was too hot. >_> I've been staying here with my sister and her family, including my 7 year old nephew. He's fun to be around, but I was dumbstruck when as we were playing, he pretends to do Katon Goukakyuu no Jutsu on me! I was like, holy crap! he doesn't even watch anime (or many other cartoons for that matter, his mom is really strict). I couldn't believe that Naruto has already become so popular as to have indoctrinated seven year olds.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 08:54   Link #71
swerv
Stay Up

It shouldn't be that surprising, quite a few of them already seem to post on these boards.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:57   Link #72
neoko

But but...didn't they butchered naruto?

Just wait until the fillers season...they are all going to hate its guts.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 10:00   Link #73
Razz

I don't think the US will get the filler episodes because the manga is already miles ahead of the current episode airing in the US, but you know what they butchered? Itachi's voice, its so horrible lol...
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 10:24   Link #74
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
For some mroe butchering take a shot at Orochimarus voice. He sound like some freaking gentelmen now and not some crazy psycophate.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:29   Link #75
Syaoran
Inactive Member

What does Naruto sound like in English ? I'm fond of that Japanese voice since the first time I ever heard it and listen to Oh Enka & Naruto Ondo, just for hearing it once more ^^ *Baka Syaoran I guess*
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 11:22   Link #76
Prolific

Kids at my school have pictures of Naruto on their binder. I sometimes overhear them say stuff like "Hey can you draw me Gair-ruh (Gaara)?"
Prolific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 11:41   Link #77
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
But but...didn't they butchered naruto?
No, they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
What does Naruto sound like in English ? I'm fond of that Japanese voice since the first time I ever heard it and listen to Oh Enka & Naruto Ondo, just for hearing it once more ^^ *Baka Syaoran I guess*
Pretty much the same, actually.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-06, 13:19   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
It shouldn't be that surprising, quite a few of them already seem to post on these boards.
Immediate reaction:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:08   Link #79
urbad2
ZoMbInE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
w8 but dont u have to be like... 13 to post on these forums, or any vbulletin forums in general

gah it doesnt really matter, as long as they dont bother me then i am ok with them! especially if they say somthing interesting instead of them usually being biased in everysingle way!
urbad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 00:11   Link #80
urbad2
ZoMbInE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
UBHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA im terribly sry but u really dont want to hear naruto's voice in english... its really bad, like REAAAAAAAALLLY BAD!@#$!@$!@4

no but im serious just dont go try and find english dubbed naruto, it burned my ears
urbad2 is offline   Reply With Quote