AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 23:42   Link #221
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..I really dont know much about this anime's history..but the first episode was definitely impressive atleast for me. The ending was what infact really caught my eye. And after an ending scene like that..I sure hell wanna know what episode 2 will bring for us. Hoping that it gets subbed faster
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 01:26   Link #222
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

this is probably the best fall release so far....for me at least

ep1 was a killer

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-10-16 at 01:39.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 01:57   Link #223
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
OMG, I'm at 20:10 and when Suigintou errr I mean Eriko Futami speak, I instantly recognize that I've been heard this voice before... same careless and spiteful attitude.. and I've never been able to recognize any seiyu at all, even the famous one such as Mayaa , so that says alot about this series awesome seiyu

fun eps so far, not many retard chibbi moment yet . I enjoy it .

/edit

2 mins later OMG...so sweet and unexpected...killer espisode!!!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 02:22   Link #224
ZODDGUTS

The animation wasn't so good in the 2nd episode.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 04:43   Link #225
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
Summary of episode 1 :P
(A) Hot older 3rd year student girl > (I)quiet older 3rd year student guy
(B)shy 2nd year student girl > Main character 2nd year student guy (II)
(C) high I.Q. girl > Funny support character guy (III)
(D) III's little sister > still available
(IV) filmclub president > Still available since he is a slut

So (A) is getting interested in (I) because he ignores her. (I) must have some reason to be so dramatic. (A) has a secret why she came back

(II) is in love with (B) and vice versa however they have some akward atmosphere. Also II was crying for some mysterious reason when he was younger. And it seems that (I) and (B) will also make a good couple. Since they are childhood friends and (B) definitely thinks (I) is hot However it may be that (A) feels she is too mature for (II) since they drew (I) and (II) so differently in matureness looks

C will make III her new boy-toy. Hopefully III will have enough character to slap C to her senses from time to time

D will down the line confess to II if this is going to be haremly like and IV is getting none
So episode 2, which didn't had quite the feel of ep 1, had
(A) Talking to (I) because he played saxaphone. The big secret was apparently that he didn't like to talk about exams. (A) telling (I) She wants lots of friends and fall in love (I) smiling

(II) didn't have a mysterious reason for the akward atmosphere with (B) they were just really shy. (B) was a bit jealous of (A) and (A) will do some training to make (II) cooler, but if (B) liked (II) for a year already there is nothing to change really, only it fits to make some drama between (II) and (A). Btw (A) remembered that (II) wanted to be a novelist

(C) is already finished with her boytoy (III) and (III) didn't have the courage to "slap" her out of her little world, which was dissapointing since he did had some courage in ep 1

(D) turned into an even more bigger kid and has a new girlfriend (E) the udon club president
Also (F) the police/moral girl character arrived and (G) III's soccer club team mate girl
As far as (IV) concerned he is talking big about having a girlfriend in some other school. Yeah right.

And that's about it for episode two.
Old 2007-10-16, 05:11   Link #226
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not to step on everyone's toes...... but Lord of the Rings had a pretty big attendance considering everyone knew the outcome. As does any Shakespeare play... or most theatre revivals.

The interesting part becomes the adaptation and execution of the storyline, how well the parts are acted, etc. Then people can argue til the fires burn out about the importance of pieces left out or condensed, aspects of camera angle, whose point-of-view, and so on.
Not all people who have watched the said movies read the novel beforehand.

You are affirming my claim that people watch these things to see how faithful its adaptation is.

I guess we don't need a scriptwriter with initiative here. All we need to do is to rip-off the game's storyline and make it look like it's an original, eh?

About your allusion to the cable monopoly. Well, I pay for my cable TV so I have the right to complain. Did you pay for this series to air?

Last edited by Thingle; 2007-10-16 at 05:22.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 09:00   Link #227
ZFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post

You are affirming my claim that people watch these things to see how faithful its adaptation is.

I guess we don't need a scriptwriter with initiative here. All we need to do is to rip-off the game's storyline and make it look like it's an original, eh?

About your allusion to the cable monopoly. Well, I pay for my cable TV so I have the right to complain. Did you pay for this series to air?

I think we can complain if this show get really bad, but right now i don't see it is in that category.
ZFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 11:13   Link #228
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Even though things went a bit "WTF" in the second episode ...
-the antisocial guy who had a lame reason for beying antisocial, the OMGZ shyness of those two and the "kiss and boot" scenario on the other side, as reviewed by outcast_within-
... I still think this show is promising. I mean really, if I judged an anime by the first episodes, I wouldn't have watched Lucky*Star from the very beginning. I don't know, I say give it a bit more time to bloom ... if it's really blooming that is.
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 11:16   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post

Well... I was partially agreeing with you as well as disagreeing with some aspects. You seem to have missed the agreeing parts where I side with you but suggest waiting a few more episodes down the road if the complainers won't examine the anime for its own merits.
And yes you have the right to complain ... so do the people who are upset that you were telling to "make their own show if they have a better idea" -- which is another way of telling someone to shut up.
Old 2007-10-16, 11:24   Link #230
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
outcast_within
Quote:
(C) is already finished with her boytoy (III) and (III) didn't have the courage to "slap" her out of her little world, which was dissapointing since he did had some courage in ep 1
They just missed one line in the anime. Now i dont quite remember what was said but in the game when Kouichi met her on the roof for the first time. she was standing there sending paper planes. You could have an option to say 'it's dangerous standing over there. if you fall from the roof wouldn't you make someone sad'. After that the talk would go in a more or less friendly manner, but still with a huge part of 'idontcare' attitude. I'm sure they will work it out in the anime as well.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 11:50   Link #231
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Haha knew eriko would brush him off this episode. I dunno if this guy really has the brain or more importantly the spine to keep up with here...guess will find out.

I had to groan that mister anit-social plays the sax...Guy just seems to be trying too hard at being the cool rebel....bleh.

Seems we have our typical "baka" couple though confirmed...Wonder how long it i'll take them to figure out they both have the same feelings.

Either way its quite fun following multiple couples in one show thats for sure.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 12:49   Link #232
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Not much to say about episode 2, things are taking a turn towards predictability.

However, since it seems that one of the strengths of Kasai Ken'ichi is handling several different love stories, perhaps it will be good after all. I still see something lacking from Honey & Clover... well, H&C was more about love in different stages of life, while this looks as if everyone's in the same "stage".

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 13:56   Link #233
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Seems we have our typical "baka" couple though confirmed...Wonder how long it i'll take them to figure out they both have the same feelings.
In the game things went pretty smoothly for Hoshino-san and Kouichi, because she was well-disposed toward him from the beginning. In the original Kouichi actually met her in the library. He just asked 'wanna make friends' and she didnt mind. They first talked about books and things were improving very quickly. By the way in the beginning there was a laughing moment about philosophy in manga form.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 14:55   Link #234
Noran
Musouka

Location: In a peaceful, serene place at night, watching the beautiful stars twinkle in sight
Send a message via AIM to Noran Send a message via MSN to Noran
Ah I thought episode 2 was good as well! The characters look so pretty too. Out of all the animes I'm watching currently, Kimikiss has become the one I look forward to most.

Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 16:19   Link #235
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well episode 2 didn't go all that well for Aihara. Not sure what to do or say to a person who felt the entire thing was an experiment. He'll need to pull things together if he seriously wants to move forward. Though maybe the toughest hit was that it didn't feel good at all to her . Oh well still the soccer girl.

Don't think much of a cool increase will be needed to get together with Yuumi. Just some sentences should pay off in that regard. Both easily like each other it's just they can't have conversations easily.
Old 2007-10-16, 17:02   Link #236
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
That guy isnt going to get gin..err i mean futami so easily - and i think this is a good thing prove yourself dammit! are you a man or a mouse? :3

I am actually quite fond of seeing such a "tough love" situation. it makes such a change after seeing all those harem series where girls just basically flock to the male guy like bees over honey. I reckon male characters should earn the right to be with girls of futami's calibre ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 18:03   Link #237
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Haha very good point. Besides if it was all solved in episode 2, we'd spend the rest of the series with Mao and the quiet guy.

No way she is going to make it all that easy on him. After all in her mind it's just an experiment. Just need to pull things together and stay persistent. Definitely not a girl that will be taken in by uncertainty. Need to figure out what he wants to do and go push past the experiment barrier. Have to admit the Gin voice makes her a character I'll look forward to seeing more of.
Old 2007-10-16, 19:12   Link #238
Ultenth

So far really interested in this series so far. Based off a harem anime but it seems like it has almost as many male characters as female. Looks like it will be more of a romance series with multiple couples instead of just a boring harem anime where all the girls like some guy for some stupid reason like he was nice to them once when they were 5 years old or some crap. Curious how the various relationships will pan out and if they will stick with pretty much the same couples or if they will swap around some and have some drama.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 22:45   Link #239
ZFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That guy isnt going to get gin..err i mean futami so easily - and i think this is a good thing prove yourself dammit! are you a man or a mouse? :3

I am actually quite fond of seeing such a "tough love" situation. it makes such a change after seeing all those harem series where girls just basically flock to the male guy like bees over honey. I reckon male characters should earn the right to be with girls of futami's calibre ^^
I think this guy will going to get that girl from soccer club.
ZFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 22:59   Link #240
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Now..I think SHAFT should take some pointers from here or CLANNAD. Episode 01 was nice..and Episode 02 strengthens my notion that this series will do well. Most importantly the characters are nice. They dont go blushing at every person. Nice to see ots of pairs and everyone evolved a bit in this episode.

I think SHAFT should take a lesson from here..since insipite of Ef seemingly having a better and more interesting plot, KimiKiss is still superior according to me because it is being presented so well. Hopefully this series keeps up the way it is. Definitely following this to the end
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen