AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 17:58   Link #1121
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
But the ground was torn up and large waves were created in the sea/lake when she released her yoki.

Priscilla was nowhere near a lake when she awakened. She was on the top of a mountain.

And neither was the destroyer.
So what are you talking about with waves?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-31, 18:14   Link #1122
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post

Priscilla was nowhere near a lake when she awakened. She was on the top of a mountain.

And neither was the destroyer.
So what are you talking about with waves?
Referring to Priscilla's yoki release going over 30% when fought Teresa in the town, I guess?
Old 2011-10-31, 18:19   Link #1123
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
Referring to Priscilla's yoki release going over 30% when fought Teresa in the town, I guess?
Yeah that sounds about right. If I remember right there was a kinda gust of wind and some villager said there was a chill in the air.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:15   Link #1124
Nixl

15 minutes into Insidious I still have no idea who is who.

Oh, uh and....for a Claymore related sentence how about, the awakened Cassandra chases Raki through the org and he intentionally leads her right into the main room where the Mibs are hiding and shouts "bitches and swords" just before Cassandra crashes through the wall.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:43   Link #1125
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Nice to see he didn't last long this time around....and for the record people, I didn't 'beg' for his return nor even say a word about him for ages now, since he hasn't shown up in weeks.

With the chapter about to be released, their are more important things anyway.

As me and Nixl discussed, Prissy's conservative way of being may also explain why we've never seen huge scales of 'blasts' coming from her - she just hasn't been pushed hard enough to release what we would expect from her power.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:52   Link #1126
Nixl

I think we know you did not beg for it Shieky. I might of since I am totally jealous that you have a dedicated troll and I do not. What is better than knowing that someone out there is using their precious time to try to unsuccessfully troll rather than spend time with their friends, family, or girlfriend.

It is like a neg rep I got once in which someone stated they could never read the forums again. It was...glorious.
Old 2011-10-31, 19:55   Link #1127
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I think we know you did not beg for it Shieky. I might of since I am totally jealous that you have a dedicated troll and I do not. What is better than knowing that someone out there is using their precious time to try to unsuccessfully troll rather than spend time with their friends, family, or girlfriend.

It is like a neg rep I got once in which someone stated they could never read the forums again. It was...glorious.
, okay okay, come on, let's not beg him for real this time
Old 2011-10-31, 20:13   Link #1128
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I'm talking about when she first released her Yoki. If you're debating whether or not releasing Yoki can create shockwaves (which seems to be the case to me) there's your proof it can.
Old 2011-10-31, 20:18   Link #1129
Nixl

Half way through Insidious I am still left wondering when the horror part of the movie begins.

Also, I think both Solace and RelentlessFlame deserve a pat on the back for moving so quickly

edit: Also, welcome to the forum White Silver King!
Old 2011-10-31, 20:36   Link #1130
White Silver King
The Isley

Thank you!
Old 2011-10-31, 20:51   Link #1131
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Anyways as to wind gusts/blasts being created by yoki. I think it involves two factors:
  • the total amount of yoki
    • and of that the total amount that leaks out of the body
  • the speed of it's release based on the percentage released of the users total pool of yoki... aka how violent the release is

Simply put the amount of yoki determines maximum total amount of force possible (though limited how much leaks out of the body). While the speed of it's release determines how much of there yoki leaks out of there bodies to effect the surrounding world. That total magnitude of yoki leaking out of the body and the velocity of its release determines the effect on the surrounding world. Be it virtually no effect, minor air ripples, kicking up dust, to blasts varying is size all the way up to what we witnessed the Destroyer unleash (though who's to say that's the upper limit of the blasts).

Of course to further complicate matters is the fact that now we know that simply being awakened doesn't mean all there yoki is being used, as evidenced by both Dauf and Priscilla holding back on occasion. So in the case of Priscilla her body can likely release a ton more yoki without any leaking out, however given enough of it being released and fast enough I'm sure she could potentially release a massive burst of yoki at least some where on the level of The Destroyer. However the question arises how much can her body hide/absorb before it affects the surrounding world since she was gifted at hiding her presence and maybe the side effect of that ability on her AB form is smaller concussive blasts but more yoki in her body (maybe that's what heals her so quickly even though she is offensive... random speculation)

As to Cassandra killing Audrey with her awakening I suspect she won't but sadly I'll see that more of a sign of her power level being weaker than it was guessed to be and that she was rated that high due to her technique. I'm not saying she isn't worthy of being a number 1 but I suspect technique alone is what made the org rate her as one of the top 8 number 1s... I realize this isn't the only way to see this matter but it's my take on the situation any how. She's a nice girl and all but what Renee said about massive yoki being able to destroy even her (and an awakened #3) just makes me think a helpless woman with no yoki left would be killed when standing under an awakened number 1 and if she doesn't die via the force of the awakening either Cassandra is weaker than previously implied, Audrey was no longer under her, or Cassandra is about to have an atypical awakening and of the three the first is the most logical outcome based on the last pages of last chapter.

EDIT:
Yes, welcome White Silver King Funny avatar for that username though

EDIT2 (well, a footnote really): The reason why I listed the amount of yoki that leaks out of there bodies separately is it could be effected by anything and could vary based on the individual (for example user A could release more yoki externally when at the same percentage as user b)... it could be anything from an emotional state, to effected to the body type of the warrior/ab, be effected by training, the speed of release, maybe even there focus, or several factors. For simplicity sake I attached it as a foot not to the amount of power being released. I could explain each factor more clearly (if anyone wants) but for an example the speed of it's release is really about ones ability to control there yoki when releasing it quickly, aka maybe more yoki escapes when releasing large quantities of yoki quickly but that doesn't mean it does or if it does that the amount released externally is universal to all Claymores releasing that same amount of yoki at that same speed who all have the same relative power level.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-10-31 at 21:19.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:12   Link #1132
White Silver King
The Isley

He's a White Silver King too :P

Bad ass.
Old 2011-10-31, 21:23   Link #1133
Ryus
The One Eyed King

King? but he's only a captain
Old 2011-11-01, 01:44   Link #1134
Tom Bombadil

According to 狄特莉絲 at Baidu, the issue of the magazine is out in Tokyo, To-love-ru darkness raw has been released, but Claymore is still nowhere to be found.

Not sure whether to think it good news or bad news.

Edit: Here is another spoiler shown up at Baidu. Post here for fun.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for google translate:

KaKa= Cassandra, rabbit=Clare.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-11-01 at 02:01.
Old 2011-11-01, 04:45   Link #1135
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
According to 狄特莉絲 at Baidu, the issue of the magazine is out in Tokyo, To-love-ru darkness raw has been released, but Claymore is still nowhere to be found.

Not sure whether to think it good news or bad news.

Edit: Here is another spoiler shown up at Baidu. Post here for fun.

Spoiler for spoiler:

KaKa= Cassandra, rabbit=Clare.
If only this spoiler was true, i'd be SOOO happy!

....but there is no way that Claire arrives on the battlefield before Deneve,sigh. It must be fake
Old 2011-11-01, 04:50   Link #1136
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
If only this spoiler was true, i'd be SOOO happy!

....but there is no way that Claire arrives on the battlefield before Deneve,sigh. It must be fake
Haha, that's why I said "post for fun".

But this one might be real.

Spoiler for spoiler:

I'll leave it to some more capable than me to translate it. According to the comments made on baidu, it has some weird stuff so people hope it is fake, but the original poster on 2ch is credible.

Edit2: Add a bit Chinese translation

Spoiler for chinese:

Credit goes to eugene at Tsstory

Meng Card= Cassandra
Her mother = what's her name of love and hate
Glass = Hysteria
I am pretty sure you can guess who Mili Ya is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Add a bit more info.

Spoiler for shocking new AB:

Translates to

So at least there is a new awakened being added to the collection.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2011-11-01 at 07:40.
Old 2011-11-01, 07:10   Link #1137
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Haha, that's why I said "post for fun".

But this one might be real.

Spoiler for spoiler:

I'll leave it to some more capable than me to translate it. According to the comments made on baidu, it has some weird stuff so people hope it is fake, but the original poster on 2ch is credible.

Edit2: Add a bit Chinese translation

Spoiler for chinese:

Credit goes to eugene at Tsstory

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Add a bit more info.

Translates to

So at least there is a new awakened being added to the collection.
Could someone google translate the above... I'm kinda stuck on my cell and can't do it myself since my phone sucks. Its killing me seeing a spoiler that I can't even google translate. Thx in advance

Edit thanks for the edit tom... now i just have to figure out the nicknames

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-11-01 at 07:35.
Old 2011-11-01, 08:08   Link #1138
MalakTawus

I'd still prefer a single page of Claire and Prissy than seeing the 3 new awakened abyssals,lol.

....but since i know my wish won't be granted even this time,i admit that i'm REALLY excited to see some new monsters!!!
I hope the new abyssals' desaigns will be cool and original,maybe inspired by some animal so to give credit to the speculation that says that animals are involved in the "claymorization" process.
Closed Thread