AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 12:25   Link #181
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

A love rival who is bitchy, mean, scheming, and manipulative?

My interest in this show has suddenly increased by ten-fold.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 13:30   Link #182
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
A love rival who is bitchy, mean, scheming, and manipulative?
That was also the case with Aiko, until Mei's friendship attack last episode.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 14:09   Link #183
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
The main difference is that Aiko is the 2nd most awesome female of the series while Megu is just annoying
Old 2012-11-11, 15:48   Link #184
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I wouldn't put Aiko on the same level as Megu.

Old 2012-11-11, 22:19   Link #185
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the rival appears now its going to get good and Mei didnt weaponize her cookies this time
Old 2012-11-12, 02:54   Link #186
Echoes

I don't mind the appearance of a rival, it almost has to happen at some point in a romance lest we'd be left without much of a conflict, but I have to say I was really enjoying the process of Mei slowly opening up and developing her relationship with Yamato without any further inhibitors.

I guess we couldn't have a whole show of that, though. I'm curious to see where they take it from here.
Old 2012-11-12, 19:16   Link #187
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

actually, i don't think she's trying to steal him away. i think she's a sincere character who's unintentionally hurting Mei.

but man, what a cliffhanger. and the imagery through the whole episode was stellar. from the bright afternoon when Yamato and Mei were walking together, to the sunset when she was walking along, to the placement of the chairs and who was sitting where when they were talking about the meeting, the the shadows and use of lighting at the actual shoot. well done.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 20:04   Link #188
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Gahh! Mei! That....facial expression...at the...end! Gah, my heart! For the love of God, someone make her happy again!
Old 2012-11-17, 14:06   Link #189
ookamigirl

Yamato in a magazine.
Mei having doubts and jealousy attacks.
I guess that was the point.
Megumi is playing an interesting game to separate him and Mei.
Mei was working hard on her cooking, but that couldn't compare to Megumi's plan.
Megumi and Yamato always together on every photo just made things worse for Mei.
At least all of it gave her some much needed courage for that epic kiss.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 14:50   Link #190
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Aiko is becoming one of my favourite characters. Her insightful observation and advice that hit the right spot spur Mei into action. Mei, the shy Mei, boldly claims Yamato as her man by kissing him in the public. Never had I imagined that she would do that. This last bit erases the frustration I had been feeling when watching Megumi's evil machination. Take that, biaatch, lol.

Old 2012-11-17, 15:49   Link #191
Thor's Hammer

I haven't watched episode 7 yet, but to all of those who say that Megumi was being genuine, did you guys not notice that she explicitly stated to Yamato that she doesn't care if he already has a girlfriend, because she wanted to "have fun" with him anyway? I get the impression that she could be the most malicious person in the show yet, even moreso than Hayakawa.
Thor's Hammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 18:23   Link #192
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow never expected Mei to do that, but i'm happy with it.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:45   Link #193
novalysis

I'm going to offer a perspective that might be quite potentially heretical. Through out this entire episode, I thought to myself how much more different this episode would have felt, if Sukkite Ii belonged to the harem, rather than Shoujo genre, with Yamato as the harem protagonist.

The scary thought is, from a Harem standpoint, Yamato would be one of the best protagonist ever written in that genre. Indeed, if we look at this from Yamato's point of view, we have a situation with many parallels to that of a Harem protagonist, with Mei serving as the main girl.

Looking at this episode from a Harem, as opposed to a Shojou perspective, I realized that it was harder to bear hostility against Megumi. This is especially after we get a peek into Megumi's life herself, which is a very interesting one in it's own right. Had Sukkitte Ii (The horror! Blasphemy!) been a harem instead of Shoujo, and we were seeing it from Yamato's view point, then a "Megumi" route would have made Megumi one of the more popular Secondary Characters in the harem. Quite like what we see in other Visual Novels, where there's usually a girl who is regarded on par with the Lead Girl, or even better than the Lead Girl..

It's just an observation that came to my mind when the Anime PoV switched to Yamato, and gave us peek into Megumi's life.

It's interesting that we find this objectionable in a Shoujo, but in a harem, we would either shrug, or declare Megumi a girl we would like to see a full route of. Here, we call her malicious. To be honest, I think she's not so much malicious, but lonely after that scene with her and Yamato in that small apartment.

One Genre's Heroine is another's Love Rival.

It also illustrates well, the Fridge Horror of how choosing another route might make the main girl suffer.

It's an interesting thought experiment to consider whether Sukkite would have been weaker had we seen the show from Yamato's, as opposed to Mei's viewpoint. If we see this show from Yamato's viewpoint, I have no doubt we'd be hailing this as one of the most realistic and best written "Harem/Romance" in the past few years. As it is, Sukkitte is top class Shoujo, but it's interesting that the quality of Shoujo writing is higher.

Spoiler for Genre Clarifications:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 19:49   Link #194
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I haven't watched episode 7 yet, but to all of those who say that Megumi was being genuine, did you guys not notice that she explicitly stated to Yamato that she doesn't care if he already has a girlfriend, because she wanted to "have fun" with him anyway? I get the impression that she could be the most malicious person in the show yet, even moreso than Hayakawa.
It's good that you remind us of that. But do watch ep7. She's certainly using her wiles on the surprisingly innocent Yamato, but her apartment tells a rather more positive story about her. Unless there is some subterfuge going on there, she is a hard-working, serious, and independent girl. I certainly want Mei to win, but I don't actually hate Megu.

Like everyone else, I loved that last scene. You go, girl. Of course, Mei will now start to doubt herself again. I hope Yamato felt the full meaning of what she did. I'm pretty confident that all will end well, which is what enabled me to stand this episode, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:14   Link #195
Bern-san

Good episode, best part was the kiss which remains as one of my favorite moments in the series. I found Megu annoying, especially with that voice.

Glad to see Aiko, even if she started as an enemy she really is a good girl (though a bit tsundere) and how she helps Mei. She is so beautiful when she smiles.

Anyway, next episode should have Kai and as a Kai fangirl I'm eagerly waiting for it. Let's see how Tomoaki Maeno handles him.
Old 2012-11-17, 20:25   Link #196
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It's really hard to have a relationship with bishounen and bishoujos without being a little insecure....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 21:06   Link #197
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.7
so mei still bit hmm cause of yamato & megumi on magazine pics then til megumi tell her management want more of yamato on pics shooting.

indeed mei still getting more bit sad give at yamato sneak in alone lunch time with mei & after pic shooting megumi take yamato to her home with dinner.

more pics shooting mei looking more sad til asami & aiko check on mei & talk about it with mei got back up grab yamato's tie for the kiss.

& now a guy that know yamato is coming in.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 22:59   Link #198
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Are there any other episodes focusing on Asami later? I tried to read the manga, but the drawing style is not my cup of tea.

As for Yamato being innocent... no bloody way, and definitely Megumi was double-thinking her actions, however genuine some or even all of her circumstances are.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 23:11   Link #199
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Megu is not "evil" and has a lonely life despite her fame as a model by living alone. That said, she is clearly running some game. She has increased the time she spends with Yamato in a clever and most convenient fashion. Since they spend more time together due to work, it is a legit reason and at least has surface cover/plausible deniability to prevent it from looking outright trashy. However, the intentions are clear. I hope she can get a good man without splitting the happiness of another. But this is high school and folks are going to compete with each other.

Good episode.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 05:13   Link #200
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree, Megu may be bitchy but she is not exactly evil. I have noticed that this anime has the habit of making the characters redeeming themselves. Not downright evil, just probably very flawed, similar to many shoujo animes set in the high school.

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo