AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2017-12-25, 01:19   Link #81
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
@Kamieichi good for you! You are so lucky!
Thank you!
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-26, 06:19   Link #82
Marina2

Liz and The Bluebird's official website updates with characters design + their profiles and messages from the VAs
http://liz-bluebird.com/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...isuals/.128271

Well, you can tell that Kumiko, Reina, Hazuki and Midori will be side characters by seeing how short their profiles are LOL .

We also get one new character.
Old 2018-02-26, 12:45   Link #83
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Liz and The Bluebird's official website updates with characters design + their profiles and messages from the VAs
http://liz-bluebird.com/

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...isuals/.128271

Well, you can tell that Kumiko, Reina, Hazuki and Midori will be side characters by seeing how short their profiles are LOL .

We also get one new character.
She is from the novel and Kumiko's underclassman.

Kenzaki Ririka (Oboe) - Loves to tease others and good at making friends, however, secretive when it comes to matters concerning herself.

Source: From the novel website.
Old 2018-02-28, 04:44   Link #84
deadite

I believe this is her

Spoiler for Novel Character:
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-05, 21:42   Link #85
Verso Sciolto
Banned

ANN - Sound! Euphonium's Liz to Aoitori Film Casts 13-Year-Old Figure Skater Miyu Honda - referencing Natalie. Where the film and the themes received additional coverage

Film's website also updated.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-06, 01:12   Link #86
Marina2

Liz and the bluebird is getting more and more interesting.

These are characters from the story of [Liz and the bluebird], which is the book that existed only in Hibike! Euphonium universe)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-03-06, 08:00   Link #87
Marina2

Old 2018-03-06, 12:15   Link #88
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Two new characters added in the story. Liz (Rizu) and the Girl (Shoujo).

Both roles will be voiced by 13 year old Honda Miyu (本田望結). It will be her debut as a voice actress. She is already a prominent Child Actress and also a professional figure skater. All I can say that she is probably amazing for a 13 year old!

More: Honda Miyu rose to prominence after starring in the 2011 Nippon Television television drama Kaseifu no Mita when she was just 7 years old. She played the role of Asuda Kii in this popular drama, which garnered an average viewership rating of 25.2%, the highest for any television drama in 2011.

Source: Wiki - Honda Miyu
Old 2018-03-09, 06:10   Link #89
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Sound! Euphonium's Liz to Aoitori Trailer Previews Film's Theme Song - ANN

Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 08:41   Link #90
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Translation:

Nozomi: Liz's story is a story of a lonely girl

Nozomi: An unknown girl came out of nowhere to Liz, they became really close, and soon afterwards the two started living together. Yet in the end...

Liz: Wait! Stay with me! Always and forever...

Mizore: Stay with me...

Nozomi: See ya!

Reina: Senpai, are you(r playing) not compatible with Nozomi-senpai('s)?

Mizore: It's not like that.

Yuuko: Is it not going well... with Mizore?

Nozomi: That's not true.

Mizore: I thought we would always be together.

Liz: You have your wings. And there is a big sky for you to wherever you may spread them.

Nozomi: Stories better have Happy Endings.

Mizore: Liz and the Blue Bird.
Old 2018-03-10, 13:19   Link #91
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
That PV makes it seem like it's a different series. The tone is... drastically different to the parent Hibike TV series and for the better.

I may have mixed opinions on Hibike TV series (S1 was fine, but S2 was a -_-') and Kyoani generally, but Naoko Yamada is a very talented director. Loved her work on Tamako Love Story and very much liked A Silent Voice, so hopefully she can bring out the good points in Hibike and less of the mess of TV S2.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 16:39   Link #92
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Reina: Senpai, are you(r playing) not compatible with Nozomi-senpai('s)?

Mizore: It's not like that.

Yuuko: Is it not going well... with Mizore?

Nozomi: That's not true.
I hope they expand on this a lot. I have a fair amount of trepidation for this film what with it being based on the weakest story of the franchise. What annoyed me most about this subplot in the TV series was that it seemingly relied on an implausible situation where both Mizore and Nozomi don't see each other for almost a year despite them both going to the same school, neither of them actively avoiding each other and one of them seemingly completely oblivious to the situation between them. This film has a lot to explain.

Plus it needs to do it well. I just watched Episode 10 of A Place Further Than The Universe (Sora Yorimo Toi Basho) and it was just pure cringe. I'm not really a fan of infantile friendship drama between characters that don't act their age, especially when it places a more interesting subject (Antarctica/Music) in the backseat.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 21:02   Link #93
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I hope they expand on this a lot. I have a fair amount of trepidation for this film what with it being based on the weakest story of the franchise. What annoyed me most about this subplot in the TV series was that it seemingly relied on an implausible situation where both Mizore and Nozomi don't see each other for almost a year despite them both going to the same school, neither of them actively avoiding each other and one of them seemingly completely oblivious to the situation between them. This film has a lot to explain.

Plus it needs to do it well. I just watched Episode 10 of A Place Further Than The Universe (Sora Yorimo Toi Basho) and it was just pure cringe. I'm not really a fan of infantile friendship drama between characters that don't act their age, especially when it places a more interesting subject (Antarctica/Music) in the backseat.
Nozomi actually actively and intentionally avoided Mizore. They didn't clearly explained it in anime version. Nozomi can't bring herself to face Mizore directly, after she quit the club and Mizore doesn't have a courage to go to talk with Nozomi about it. Mizore doesn't show much emotion ,so from Nozomi's viewpoint who just watch from far away, Mizore seems to be fine. And of course, they probably see each other a lot at school, but that doesn't mean they will enter the conversation.

However, Liz and the bluebird doesn't base on that drama, but a new one. (This is not recap)

Hibike Euphonium ~Todoketai Melody~ BD is out. It has many original scenes like I heard. Very good one to watch especially if you are Asuka' fan.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-03-10 at 21:31.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-10, 23:07   Link #94
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm an Asuka fan, so I'll investigate further.
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 01:01   Link #95
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
As @Marina2 has said above. It was touched upon during the pool episode when Kumiko had a talk with Nozomi and then also during Yuuko's confrontation with Mizore.

The story in 'Liz to Aoi Tori' takes place after the time shown in Hibike! Euphonium 2 when Mizore and Nozomi are in their final year (that would make Kumiko, Reina and others in their second year and Asuka and co. having graduated). So, we would think Mizore and Nozomi have already patched up form their previous situation as shown in Hibike! Euphonium 2. The movie's main concept is taken from part two of the sequel novel 'Haran no Dainigakushou'. It even contains a character who plays a role in that part, namely Kenzaki Ririka, a first year who plays Oboe like Mizore as I have mentioned above.
Old 2018-03-12, 19:35   Link #96
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Todoketai Melody:

Anyone who enjoyed Hibike! Euphonium 2 should give this movie a go because there is approximately 20 minutes worth of new content or new cuts.

New contents/cuts:
Spoiler:

Exclusions:
Spoiler:

Changes in Timeline:
Spoiler:

Changes in Romance:
Spoiler:

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I gave it a 9/10 despite of the fact that four fifth of the content is just recap. But the pacing is much better than season 1's recap with a lot of new contents (a fifth of new content is actually A LOT for a recap movie). I couldn't have asked for any more than this. :)
Old 2018-03-12, 22:03   Link #97
Kazu-kun

I wasn't a fan of the second season but those changes sound awful.
Old 2018-03-15, 07:10   Link #98
Marina2

Images

Images

Images
Newtype scan
Old 2018-03-15, 10:09   Link #99
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Apparently Keihan will run another promotional this year and they have Mizore and Nozomi on board this year probably because of Liz to Aoi Tori. Previously they ran promotional only with the four first years. The promotional will run from 2018-03-24 to 2019-07-31 for more than 16 months which makes me think the other movie may not be released until spring 2019 even though the original trailer specifically mentioned that both new movies would come out in 2018.

Not really related but Keihan is doing the same for Chihayafuru Musubi on a different line. It started running from 2018-03-10 and will continue until 2018-05-31 for 2 and a half months. The movie will be released this coming Saturday, March 17th, 2018 in Japan.

Old 2018-04-05, 01:42   Link #100
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I wasn't a fan of the second season but those changes sound awful.
Hmm, I guess that does take out a lot of Reina stuff which is unfortunate but at least they also took out a lot of stuff I didn't really care for too, mostly the awkward stuff.

Although I lol'd about taking away whatever little time Shu had. Why the hate!?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hibike euphonium, movie, music