AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD [LN/M] - Slashdog 2 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 50.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-03-20, 15:07   Link #161
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Tobio is a guy. The current Suzaku is a girl, though. How does that fit the patriarchal system, since patriarchy is where men are in control? The Sacred Beasts choose who inherits them, and I don't think they care about gender.

I was just thinking of a "what-if" scenario. It may have been really small, but I think the chance was there that Tobio could've inherited it if the current Suzaku hadn't and if he himself hadn't been born with Canis Lykaon.
Despite Tobio being a guy, you forgot that he was primarily counted as a Himejima through his grandmother Ageha. I'm not really sure if Ageha was the elder or the younger, but with the worst case scenario of the latter, he would lose the leverage of inheritance even with the fact that, again, he is a lad. This was because the current Suzaku came from Akeno's grandmother, who was not considered as an exile in contrast to Ageha.

PS. The equation will be different if Ageha was not touted as an exile. Tobio and the current Suzaku would have the same level of leverage. The only deciding factor would then be the Sacred Beasts themselves (yes, this is also valid with the Canis Lykaon!Tobio, though he may get more disgust from the other Himejimas despite the fact that the beast Suzaku chose him.
Old 2018-03-20, 15:49   Link #162
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel_Saeba View Post
Despite Tobio being a guy, you forgot that he was primarily counted as a Himejima through his grandmother Ageha. I'm not really sure if Ageha was the elder or the younger, but with the worst case scenario of the latter, he would lose the leverage of inheritance even with the fact that, again, he is a lad. This was because the current Suzaku came from Akeno's grandmother, who was not considered as an exile in contrast to Ageha.

PS. The equation will be different if Ageha was not touted as an exile. Tobio and the current Suzaku would have the same level of leverage. The only deciding factor would then be the Sacred Beasts themselves (yes, this is also valid with the Canis Lykaon!Tobio, though he may get more disgust from the other Himejimas despite the fact that the beast Suzaku chose him.
Though if he had been born directly into Himejima while possesing Canis Lykaon, he would have been chased away or killed.
Le Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 16:53   Link #163
DragonOsman
Dragon King

As Ariel_Saeba said, he was born into the main line of the Himejima (can someone verify this?), but the reason he couldn't get chosen as the head, by the beast Suzaku or by the clan itself, is because Ageha had been exiled (why was she exiled, though?).
Old 2018-03-20, 17:53   Link #164
Lucidrago

Tobio's grandmother and Suzaku's grandmother are Suou Himejima's older sisters.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 18:19   Link #165
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
As Ariel_Saeba said, he was born into the main line of the Himejima (can someone verify this?), but the reason he couldn't get chosen as the head, by the beast Suzaku or by the clan itself, is because Ageha had been exiled (why was she exiled, though?).
Himejima Hanezu mentioned that she didn't have power desired by Himejima clan and so was exiled. Though he didn't specify what power Ageha lacked.
Old 2018-03-22, 04:18   Link #166
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

So Jin right is the ancestor of werewolves, Lykaon (the King of Arcadia who fed Zeus is his own son and was turned into a wolf for it). He was sealed inside Canis Lykaon hence the name.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 05:15   Link #167
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennia Lover View Post
So Jin right is the ancestor of werewolves, Lykaon (the King of Arcadia who fed Zeus is his own son and was turned into a wolf for it). He was sealed inside Canis Lykaon hence the name.
Jin is, most likely, an Inugami (the name of the series itself implies it). Lykaon was a wolf, however Jin is a dog. Canis Lykaon is also said to have a god in it, even if it' s a false one. Lykaon was no god, and the name Inugami itself implies "god". According to one of the legends about Inugami, an old lady tried to summon it, and before killing a dog she said "if you grant my wish, I shall revere you as a god". Though I'm not sure about the last part being the reason for him to be called "false god".
Old 2018-03-22, 05:24   Link #168
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Ah no I think it was my misunderstanding. Lycaon is sealed in a different SG.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 06:40   Link #169
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

From the looks of it, it seems like Ishibumi combines at least two different beings (if not more) for Jin. One is the aforementioned Inugami, and two is the more ancient depiction of the Japanese tengu (lit "heavenly dog") who in turn was based on the Chinese legend of tiangou (also mean "heavenly dog"), with the latter popularly believed as a god/spirit of protection (albeit more vicious than the norm).

Even though Tobio's Balance Breaker references the Greek Lykaon, it does not mean that the being sealed inside the Longinus is him, considering the fact that Jin is first and foremost, a dog (and dogs as symbols of gods/holy spirits were more common in Eastern beliefs).
Old 2018-03-22, 15:27   Link #170
Lucidrago

So do we know who the other two members of the Four. Fiends are? Because I remember them being classmates of Tobio(the ones who didn't go on the cruise).

And any details on the 'Barakiel/Satanael chapter?
Old 2018-03-22, 15:30   Link #171
thefreakmike

Take this with grain of salt, but from what I´ve seen, it seems their names are Nanadaru Shigune and Koga Hyousuke
Old 2018-03-22, 16:00   Link #172
Lucidrago

Thanks.

BTW who's doing the translation for Slash Dog?
Old 2018-03-22, 16:57   Link #173
Le Fay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreakmike View Post
Take this with grain of salt, but from what I´ve seen, it seems their names are Nanadaru Shigune and Koga Hyousuke
No need for salt, that's really their names. And Shigune's SG (Toutetsu) representing gluttony is said to be the strongest amongst the four.
Old 2018-03-22, 16:59   Link #174
thefreakmike

All right then, its just that since most of the spoilers from DxD Vol 25 turned out to be fake I didnt knew what was legit and not
Old 2018-03-23, 05:23   Link #175
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Those two from the Four Fiends joined Nephilim, a part of Grigori.

@Lucidrago: JeruTz. Google that and you should find his website.
Old 2018-04-26, 17:11   Link #176
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

New batch of spoilers for Slash/Dog:

Chapter 1: Tobio dreams about someone telling him his SG will end up hurting everything, and no one can stop. He wakes up covered in sweat with Natsume sleeping next to him

Chapter 2: All 4 of them, have been training and learning SGs for 4 months now

A sparing match between Tobio and Kouki vs Vali. Vali wins
The boys wash up in the men's locker room, where Lavina enters wearing a swim suit

Lavina tells them about Independent avatar SGs, Vali, his SG being Heavenly Dragon, and how he doesnt suffer for chuunibyou like they thought

Tobio is worried about his dream and whether he can control his SG. Lavina tells him he cant control the balance , the more he uses it, the more it can consume him, and rather than manipulating a doll, he's being manipulated like a puppet

Tobio ask about Augusta, where she replies that she is an enemy she has to defeat

The girls enter the locker room, with Tobio holding his face embarrassed and Lavina making a ? face

Chapter 3: They go out shopping, Lavina and a someone else, (not entire sure who but its not Tobio) call Vali Ramen Dragon and drag him around for clothes shopping

Lavina buys a light blue dress

Vali decides to eat noodles at noon in the mall. They decided to go to a park except for Vali

They began asking Lavina about Magicians

where she begins talking about the Wizard of Oz group, the group's structure has multiple references to the Wizard of Oz
Augusta is 2nd gen witch of the east, and Lavinia's teacher was the witch of the south
Seiryuu arrives in front of them
They ask if he's an enemy, but he says that due to Utsusemi incident, and that since the MCs are working with the FAs they should at least meet each other
They asked if they had to kill the expelled members of the 5 clans (Utsusemi). He said that it was necessary to protect the country
Seiyruu summons wind and a dragon, everyone takes a fighting stance
Tobio summons a scythe
Barakiel summons Lightning and arrives to stop the fight with Vali at his side
Suzaku appears, and Tobio says he sees the shadow of his grandma in her
Suzaku decides to tell them about the remaining 4 fiends, so they leave to go somewhere else that Suzaku has prepared for

Chapter 5:
They arrived at a village where a cat passes by scaring Sae and Natsume
everyone in the village is hypnotized, in case a battle takes place, so they wont notice

They're here to find Satanael

Barakiel and Vali talk about his BxB, and when Vali can use it

Albion starts talking to everyone

He says aura is coming from the other side of a mountain

They find dead bodies and Highschool students wiping blood off their hands, telling them their coming for you

One of those students has a black dog name Blitz that looks like Jin

Augusta arrives with a group of subordinates, Vali challenges her, but she replies that the White Dragon Emperor and Lucifer is too young

Satanael/Baraqiel:
Barakiel finds Satanael at a temple, and ask why did he betray the Grigori. Satanael says he wants to research SGs his way. Barakiel remembers that some SGs have been lost or have been transferred. The two begin to fight and the chapter ends with our 4 MCs arriving at their battle

Chapter 6: Satanael sees Tobio, and begins to talk about the Greek myth of Arcadia, and how Zeus punished him and turned him into a wolf.

Satanael mentions that Arcadia is a wolf not a dog. Apparently the Canis Lykaon is created after the Japanese myth of about a black dog god and a princess involving swords (cant tell which myth exactly but I think its Inugami). The problem was that God of the Bible didnt except that Canis Lykaon would cross mythological systems due to both myths being similar stories, which often causes this misconception

Canis Lykaon was created by God of the Bible by combining Greek Myth Arcadia and Japanese Myth of Kagutschi and Ame no Ohabari
God made Canis Lykaon as a controdiction SG
God used Lycaon of Arcadia from Greek and combined it with Ame no Ohabari of Japanese Myth to create Canis Lykaon

So I think the spoilers is saying that God of the Bible basically got the names of both myths mixed up. Which is funny thinking that God made a blunder naming his SG (This is sort of unclear, but thats how I see the situation)

A fight happens with Lavina chasing after Augusta. The fight ends, and our 4 heroes chase after Lavina

Tobio thinks to himself, that he only wants to survive, which is why he's learning about his SG and how to use a scythe

Suzaku appears, and Satanel ask if she's here to capture him or Tobio, she says its the former

Satanael then runs away, and the Abyss team fights Suzaku and Tobio and .co

The Abyss team have been training their SGs since they were young, and they believe that the only way to live is kill or be killed

Suzaku then burns away all their independent avatars

Not entire sure about the details of the fight, other than something about really bright light from Suzaku that requires sunglasses to block or they'll take dmg (Something along those lines)

Augusta and Lavinia confront each other. Lavinia mentions something about her teacher not revealing her Longinus to everyone. Augusta mentions the goal of Oz is to improve their magic. Lavinia's old teacher is said to be emotionally unstable, Augusta says this if for losing ppl she cared about. Augusta then cast black magic which involved wrapping Lavinia in black magic, Augusta transforms to a ball of light, then black magic and enters Lavinia taking control of her. Augusta(Lavinia) can use both Longiuses forcing Tobio and co to retreat
This is considered the worst case scenario

Everyone joins together and explains what happen to Lavinia. Vali is angry and says that he'll save Lavina alone. But is told its too dangerous b/c she has 2 Longinus and Vali's BxB is incomplete
Azazel arrives
Azazel says they have a shot if Tobio uses BxB, but his grandma sealed it away, Satanael's research isnt very good, and they have the 5 sacred beast with them
They ambushed Augusta(Lavinia). Augusta's ice attacks are much larger than Lavinia's Azazel says due to using 2 Longinus, she has no spare magic she can use, so they can win a battle of attrition(edited)
Vali appears in front of Augusta, she laughs saying that the white dragon has come. Vali is angry that she's saying his name with Lavinia's voice
Vali uses BxB, but is told it can only use it for 10s. Vali destroys the the Ice Princess doll that she was using to protect herself, Augusta is surprised by Vali's pwr. Albion says he did it, Vali replies of course, Im Lucifer. Vali's BxB is over and he passes out.
Tobio then uses BxB to fight Augusta(Lavinia). Black scythe dog vs Purple flame giant. The voice Tobio hears from his heart tells him to kill Lavinia, he says he'll save her, and cuts Lavinia's body. A black gas leaves Lavinia's body and turned back to Augusta. She wonders if she's been killed. The words disappeared.
The voice tells Tobio that bc he wanted to save Lavinia only Augusta was killed and that even though he killed an enemy, he just killed a person
The seal that Tobio's grandma placed on him is broken, saying something about needing the desire to protect your friends and companions or else you would've died

Walburga arrives and takes Augusta away
Satanael has escaped. Suzaku and Ouryuu talk to the JSDF about what happen to the village. Satanae sees a car containing warriors from the Vatican

Judge/Sword-maniacs teacher and student:
David and Freed watched the entire thing through telescopes. Freed pulls his light saber out of a corpse and says he'll kill them all. David mentions that God's deeds should be done by believers. They take the members of Oz that they captured away. The chapter ends saying that their conflict with the heroes is getting closer

Final chapter:
Azazel tells Tobio that he's getting stronger as his SG is
Satanael is developing artificial SGs so they'll have less time for leisure
Lavinia wakes up and a new member of the 4 fiends is here
Someone said Vali cried. Vali denies this with red ears and said no one seemed to care after he passed out, but when they thought Lavinia was dead everyone was worried.
There this team building moment and Azazel says that everyone now wants to get stronger

Vanishing Dragon/Beyond the Balance Break:
Albion mentions Vali's destructive pwr is much more powerful bc of his blood. Valli feels that the stronger he becomes, the more he will hurt his gentle people. So when one's own blood and his true form are awakened, the best way to not lose this gentle person is to go far away from that person.
Vali said to Albion that he did not intend to forgive Oz. He wanted to destroy all the big bosses of the northeastern witches. Albion said that it is too difficult for Bai Longhuang like you to play against the current Red Dragon Emperor. Vali laughed and said that the guy might be worse than me.
Albion said that if the Red Dragon Emperor, who is able to overcome the strongest White Dragon Emperor in the history, really existed, it would be a product of a miracle.
Vali hopes that this destined opponent really has this ability.

Origin of the calamity/Towards infinity:

Satanael is in Japan away from the 5 families. Oz witches tells him Augusta is dead, but they have her SG. Arondight is in the middle of the room, which is their means of fighting holy swords. When asked whats their next goal, Satanael shows a mural of Ophis and that the name of their group they gathered is called Khaos Brigade
Afterword:
Next volume is in the summer and the heroine will be Suzaku
The 5 families vs the Magicians

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-04-27 at 09:09.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 07:47   Link #177
Royalknightftw

Damn, Vali is so cute when he is worried about someone else.

So, why did the Oz magicians want to help Satanael?
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 07:54   Link #178
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

I assume that they promised each other mutual help in their objectives. Satanael wants to research & develop Sacred Gears. Maybe he promised Oz help in getting rid of & helping them take over the other magical organizations. Since Oz wants to improve their magics as well.Basically a protection vow. And Oz may have gathered up subjects for Satanael for him to test his theories on so that both of their organizations could gain SG users.

Last edited by Darksider555; 2018-04-27 at 08:16.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-27, 08:06   Link #179
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's probably how it is. We'll see when we get there.

I'm assuming Arondight is a Demonic Sword, since they said it's their means of fighting against Holy Swords. And Ophis was brought up. So in SlashDog, we'll also see the founding of Khaos Brigade? If so, I'm looking forward to it.

I also liked this part:
Quote:
Albion said that if the Red Dragon Emperor, who is able to overcome the strongest White Dragon Emperor in the history, really existed, it would be a product of a miracle.
Vali hopes that this destined opponent really has this ability.
So Vali hopes for Ise to be the Sekiryuutei that can defeat him, huh? I want to see it happen even more now, then.
Old 2018-04-27, 08:35   Link #180
Royalknightftw

And LoL for God of Bible mixing up two different mythologies ( according to rough spoiler) Is it just me but somehow i can't help but to think God of Bible is like a Pokemon catcher
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote