AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 18:53   Link #161
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

This show is surprisingly good. I am glad I picked it up.

This episode was sweet and flowed well. It truly is all about "baby steps" in regards to each thing they do.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 20:32   Link #162
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

It's amazing how much Mei says without speaking at all.

But I just watched episode 4 and OH MY GOD I already can't stand Hayakawa. Apart from his blindingly obvious insincerity (which at some points even had Yamato looking at him askance), he EATS WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN. Dude, nothing is more gross than watch food roll around in your mouth as you make loud smacking noises. I wouldn't be able to look at him if I was eating across from him. Poor Mei, having to deal with both his annoying personality AND his lack of table manners.

But I really like this show. Even stuff like that makes it more realistic. Though the overall vibe I get of "people not giving a shit about the relationships they're in" is a bit overdone, if you ask me.
Old 2012-11-03, 21:30   Link #163
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

This anime is good that I forgot to drink the rest of the coffee while I was watching. And to above, nope, that s#$% happens all the time where I live so much I think I thought love lost its meaning a while ago. Watching this anime made me remember.
Old 2012-11-03, 21:33   Link #164
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5
so um let see yamato look saw mei & black cat then go help raise black cat til call mei for help all good.

then mei go to yamato's house & meet his sister sure then give yamato's sister had probs in past aka just like mei cause so called "friends" just only play & eat not notice yamato's sister.

then when yamato go out mei & yamato's sister had some talk, weaponized cookies that mei make for her dad, stuffed animal, etc get along all fine got better with two cats as well.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 22:21   Link #165
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This episode was just to cute and Nagi was just really cute there needs to be a lot more of her
Old 2012-11-04, 22:26   Link #166
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ooooooo, the closer those two get, the better this anime becomes
Old 2012-11-05, 01:33   Link #167
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Loved Episode 5 thanks to Nagi Kurosawa...

She's so cute that she became friends with Mei!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 01:46   Link #168
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
It's amazing how much Mei says without speaking at all.

But I just watched episode 4 and OH MY GOD I already can't stand Hayakawa. Apart from his blindingly obvious insincerity (which at some points even had Yamato looking at him askance), he EATS WITH HIS MOUTH OPEN. Dude, nothing is more gross than watch food roll around in your mouth as you make loud smacking noises. I wouldn't be able to look at him if I was eating across from him. Poor Mei, having to deal with both his annoying personality AND his lack of table manners.

But I really like this show. Even stuff like that makes it more realistic. Though the overall vibe I get of "people not giving a shit about the relationships they're in" is a bit overdone, if you ask me.
I almost vomitted the last time I was talking to someone and they were eating a sub and talking.

Hayakawa = dirt bag.
Old 2012-11-06, 03:14   Link #169
Forsaken_Infinity

This show is so heart-warming even if it doesn't deviate from the norms from it's genre one bit. I am such a sucker for this stuff ;_;
Old 2012-11-08, 03:33   Link #170
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Watching this show...seems so relaxing for some reason. It's just a steady pace seeing the relationship between the two grow slowly...quite nice.

Mei is quite a deep thinker and observer. One thing that's interesting about her character that, though she's soft spoken, shy and hesitant, she sure has a strong will to go forward on her beliefs and ideals. An example is how she stood up against Hayakawa and told him straight what she thinks and feels.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 13:57   Link #171
ookamigirl

Mei & Kurosawa.
Megumi & Kurosawa.
This doesn't look good.
It was nice seeing Yamato turn Megumi down without second though.
I don't like her type that thinks others should be happy to date her.
Her "let's be friends" act didn't really convince me.
I bet that girl has some ulterior motives.
Making Mei feel worthless is working to Megumi's advantage to get Yamato.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 14:12   Link #172
sikvod00

Spoiler for Ep. 6:
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 15:21   Link #173
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
I bet that girl has some ulterior motives.
I think she was just trying to get Yamato to model with her. I don't feel any other more insidious ulterior motives from her other than the modeling gig.

By my count, Mei's final sentence was the first time she called Yamato "Yamato" even in her thoughts. So her growing fear that she might lose Yamato has done some good by pushing her beyond her natural reticence into a growing recognition of how much he's come to mean to her.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 16:27   Link #174
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved the walking home together scenes. The fact that they were repeated made me feel comfortable, and cemented the fact that they were a couple. I especially loved the long silences and the sunset. Hopefully by next episode Mei will start allowing herself to get closer to Yamato, at least to the extent of using his name. Sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I think she was just trying to get Yamato to model with her. I don't feel any other more insidious ulterior motives from her other than the modeling gig.

By my count, Mei's final sentence was the first time she called Yamato "Yamato" even in her thoughts. So her growing fear that she might lose Yamato has done some good by pushing her beyond her natural reticence into a growing recognition of how much he's come to mean to her.
Megu (Kotobuki Minako) seemed to come on to Yamato so quickly that my first thought was the same: that she was just looking for a model. But I'm not so sure. Maybe she just wants to have the best-looking boyfriend possible. That was Yamato's take.

And why didn't I notice that Mei started inwardly thinking of Yamato by his name at the end? I guess he found a way to make her start doing that, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00
OK...the show was really laying it on thick with how the model girl (is that Minako Kotobuki?) and Yamato looked SO good together. Every single outside observer was fanboying/fangirling over them, so I really got tired of it. I think one general weakness of this show is how poorly they portray everyone who isn't the main or secondary characters or people close to them. They just tend to be shallow, lame individuals there to make Mei feel bad.
The laying it on thick was to give us Mei's feelings, not just "oh, Mei must feel bad," but by repetition to actually make us feel like her. I think that's how shoujo works, in part: to make you feel things, not just think them.

I think I may agree with your second point, but I'm not sure how many other shows give much depth to their "mob" characters (as they are called in Japanese). Their roles are, or should be, only in relation to the main characters. In this case, the classmates and staff are like a Greek chorus, commenting on what's going on. I understand how artificial it may seem, but for me it worked here. And I don't feel this show portrays these people so negatively -- at least compared to some other shoujo titles, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 16:49   Link #175
Bern-san

Man, I really disliked this episode.
I hate Megu so that's probably the main reason.
And was particularly fond of Hayakawa's story but it was omitted. And part of Aiko's story didn't make it
Old 2012-11-10, 20:40   Link #176
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I think it was so obvious the moment Megu appeared in the first scene that she's going to be the love rival and she did exactly what I expected. From the moment she saw Yamato, she was going to use modelling agency as an excuse to get closer to him without him even realising.

I loved all the silent moments between the couple and I mean Mei and Yamato. This is one such perfect moment that such quote as the picture tells thousand words applies. Hell, I'm just a romantic and sucker for something like this.

These days I do not like how all these stories have some gimmicks to compensate full of cliche they got in their plots. I love how this anime is just pure good old execution and not pleased that the people needs to keep nitpicking every little flaws and dismissing it. The show laying on thick that Yamato and some other popular girl go together is just portraying how often that sort of situation occurs. It describes the people in general well. They like to assume things and jump to conclusion without knowing anything about the situation too much.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:55   Link #177
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
And was particularly fond of Hayakawa's story but it was omitted. And part of Aiko's story didn't make it
They're really making the side characters very one-dimensional without the side stories, especially Hayakawa's. His would really soften his character's image.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 21:06   Link #178
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.6
another day as usual mei & yamato include mei trying to bake cookies with yamato's sister give phone message & yea no longer weapon version.

give til meet female model aka Megumi Kitagawa who has fallen for yamato yet while sure trying get yamato yet mei in the way oh well hmm & so have model pic shooting with yamato?

give it all look fine with yamato with glasses then pic shooting got mei like feeling bit lonely & why?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 01:03   Link #179
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Surprisingly, most of the girls are really cute... nonetheless, I wish we get more of Mei's family past as well as more of anything from Asami

Plus, it's nice that there are still anime that acknowledge biological behavior at its proper age
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 10:18   Link #180
Eclipze

Pretty obvious that Megu is trying to steal Yamato away, the scene where she confronted him alone and asking him to be her boyfriend was more than enough to support that notion. "oh, I don't mind if you continue dating your current girlfriend, just be mine too! we'll have fun together" and that is somehow just her way of getting him to help out with the model agency? Pfft.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, friendship, romantic comedy, shoujo